Author Topic: PL: WBA 1 v 2 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo 90+4 Alisson (yes Alisson)  (Read 46129 times)

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
I wonder if Tyler got excited? Surely he must have but I’m imagining, “Trent with the corner, and there’s Allison to make it 2-1” said in a dull monotone with a general air of boredom / disappointment.

He was busy mentioning how Mike Dean was from Liverpool, without a hint of irony too!

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
ALISOOOON!  ALISOOOON!   GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

;D

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Aly in the box and he’s scored

:lmao :lmao :lmao
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: WBA 1 v 1 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo
« Reply #643 on: May 17, 2021, 09:16:40 am »
Decent signature that.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
Loved the sheer joy on the faces of our players when Ali scored. All genuinely overjoyed. Made me so happy looking at the lads

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if Tyler got excited? Surely he must have but I’m imagining, “Trent with the corner, and there’s Allison to make it 2-1” said in a dull monotone with a general air of boredom / disappointment.

Yeah much prefer Aldo going bonkers 😁

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Great fun reading this thread.

As I've said many times before, LFC's footballing adventures are scripted somewhere on high; they have to be. It was necessary for our outfielders to miss their chances and hit the post and what not, in order to set up Ali's moment.

Have no fears, we'll make top 4. The scripts for the next two episodes have probably already been written.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
In a season without many ‘moments’ we’ve had 2 amazing ones in 3 days with Salah’s goal at Old Trafford and now Alisson yesterday, for me the only others this season have been Trent vs Villa and the Salah goal at Leipzig which finished the tie. Absolutely unreal yesterday that will stay with me for a long time.

Also, what the fuck was their goal disallowed for? Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take it, but I can’t see where the offside is? I know their forward is miles off but he doesn’t touch the ball? Is he deemed to have interfered with play somehow?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In a season without many ‘moments’ we’ve had 2 amazing ones in 3 days with Salah’s goal at Old Trafford and now Alisson yesterday, for me the only others this season have been Trent vs Villa and the Salah goal at Leipzig which finished the tie. Absolutely unreal yesterday that will stay with me for a long time.

Also, what the fuck was their goal disallowed for? Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take it, but I can’t see where the offside is? I know their forward is miles off but he doesn’t touch the ball? Is he deemed to have interfered with play somehow?

The WBA defender is stood directly in Ali's line of sight, thats offside.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
As far as I'm concerned, if you're standing in the 6 yard box within the frame of the goal, you're interfering with play.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

Fair enough.

The minute it went to VAR I just left the room and hoped for the best, I swear I’ve got fucking post-traumatic stress, the minute I heard Tyler and Carragher discussing whether it was on or off and seeing the video of the goal I just thought I’ve seen this movie before and left the room, it was a pleasant surprise to see it given our way.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
As far as I'm concerned, if you're standing in the 6 yard box within the frame of the goal, you're interfering with play.

He was stood right in front of Alisson; Alisson couldn’t see the ball as it was struck and so the player was interfering. Alisson probably wouldn’t have saved it but that doesn’t matter.
#JFT97

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Allardyce having a proper little strop in his interview too.

Lovely.

Didn't see it but that about makes the match perfect.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Brazilian commentary.. 8)

https://v.redd.it/n53xdl2ytiz61

Thanks for that, absolutely beautiful when compared to the drivel on Sky and BT

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
I fucking hate shithouse teams like West Brom, conning their supporters, where was the same fight in the other 35 games you shower of twats? :wanker

As for the Mancs, we stopped them playing by outplaying them.

Disgraceful small time tactics and club. Rolling over for other small clubs like Newcastle or Everton but playing like their lives depended on it against us. Hope they never come back up.  :wave

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
:lmao :lmao :lmao
Mate, I can’t believe I multitasked enough to go absolutely mental jumping around the house and type that. I still think my comms were superior to Tyler and Nev  ;D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We salute you BP3, professional to the very end.  ;D

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
We salute you BP3, professional to the very end.  ;D
I’m retiring on that one Samie, can never be topped.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline MrBernard

• Kemlynite
  • Don't make me laugh... bitterly.

Yes agree, that's a clear offside. After all the BS-VAR calls against LFC this season, they get one right and that's somehow up for debate?
Forget your beaches and jungles; we're going somewhere where I can read, sit and have a quiet drink.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Channeling the inner Martin Tyler there Bob

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
He was stood right in front of Alisson; Alisson couldn’t see the ball as it was struck and so the player was interfering. Alisson probably wouldn’t have saved it but that doesn’t matter.

Yes I know. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
Brilliant, brilliant result and what an emotional moment for Alisson. Enjoy it, son!

Tomorrow though, we need to wake up and realise we got out of jail there and still have two games that we are not going to win playing that poorly.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
Brilliant, brilliant result and what an emotional moment for Alisson. Enjoy it, son!

Tomorrow though, we need to wake up and realise we got out of jail there and still have two games that we are not going to win playing that poorly.

I wouldn’t really say that we did play poorly. Our finishing was atrocious and at times the defending was shaky but we all know the reasons for that.

We carved out more than enough chances to have it done by the hour mark, we just keep missing them. That one from Wijnaldum at the end had me pulling my fucking hair out.

The positive note is that we are creating the chances and it’s more easier to resolve missing sitters than it is being unable to create them in the first place. Long term in optimistic that we’ll be absolutely fine, we just need to hope we’re clinical as fuck in the next 2 games to get into the CL.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just watched that all angles video of Alisson’s goal. Incredible! A few things I had t picked up on before:

- Trent’s reaction is great. There’s a ‘reverse angle’ clip so you say more of him than in most of them and he is just beside himself with joy!

- Loved the West Brom coach going up to the 4thofficial with his stopwatch. Unluckee!

- Loved out bench and back room staff going nuts. Who’s the bloke in the suit going ape? Also gives of the feeling of a non league/amateur game where the only people watching are the suns and club officials!

- Finally, it was quite a good header. More of that please.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

Just as the corner was taken, the ball was in the air and he pushed off of Allison before he stood in his line, i think the push is what did for him with the linesman. Probably never saving that so thank goodness.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
NBC version of MOTD today.

First 16 minutes on our match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUJVqunfSD0

Thanks for the link buddy - had to turn my vpn on - was nice to see this.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
Yes agree, that's a clear offside. After all the BS-VAR calls against LFC this season, they get one right and that's somehow up for debate?

To be honest, I'd have been absolutely fuming if that had been given against us. Let's be fair though, that sort of thing has been given against us numerous times this season. I'll take one or two bits of luck at this point and say thanks for beginning to pay back the karmic debt we're significantly behind on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have watched that goal about 20 times today, absolutely amazing.  I've been really jaded with footy lately but it properly went off in ours when that went in,  it was good to really feel that again

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To be honest, I'd have been absolutely fuming if that had been given against us. Let's be fair though, that sort of thing has been given against us numerous times this season. I'll take one or two bits of luck at this point and say thanks for beginning to pay back the karmic debt we're significantly behind on.

Why would you be fuming? Its offside by the laws of the game, its not even up for debate.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Mo's face when Ali scores will stay with me for a long time. That's what football should be all about.  :wave

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Mo's face when Ali scores will stay with me for a long time. That's what football should be all about.  :wave
I can feel like he genuinely loves the club, and Liverpool city. That face, celebrating Ali's goal.

Like he is our (Liverpool) fan or something.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Absolutely. I've hated so much about this dreadful season but no other sport does that to you. The purest of pure joy.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And credit to Thiago, moving the ball quickly by his feet, changed the direction of attack right to left...

Intelligent passing... Impressive display for me. Glimpse of years of experience.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
I dread to think how miserable it would have been on here today had we not won yesterday.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched that all angles video of Alisson’s goal. Incredible! A few things I had t picked up on before:

- Trent’s reaction is great. There’s a ‘reverse angle’ clip so you say more of him than in most of them and he is just beside himself with joy!

- Loved the West Brom coach going up to the 4thofficial with his stopwatch. Unluckee!

- Loved out bench and back room staff going nuts. Who’s the bloke in the suit going ape? Also gives of the feeling of a non league/amateur game where the only people watching are the suns and club officials!

- Finally, it was quite a good header. More of that please.

I love all of this joy.
The bloke in the suit is Ray Haughan the player liaison guy.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I dread to think how miserable it would have been on here today had we not won yesterday.

Would have been gruesome. We were still in the race even with the draw, which would have been missed by the whiners, we'd have all just had to have been Leicester fans tomorrow.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
+ Jamie Carragher admits West Brom goal VAR disallowed should've stood vs Liverpool

Though the defender was onside, VAR ruled that Matt Phillips obstructed Alisson’s view.

But Sam Allardyce was disgusted by the decision to rule out Bartley's effort while Liverpool legend Carragher agreed with him.

"If down at Stockley Park they said that's right then that's nonsense," Allardyce said.

"If they say the referee or the linesman disallowed that goal it's a disgrace. There is no interference with the goalkeeper whatsoever." -- Sam Allardyce.

And Carragher admitted that Bartley's goal should have stood - which would have had a huge effect on the top four race.

Carragher said: "If that went against me I’d be very unhappy. There’s no doubt that there’s someone in front of the goalkeeper, but the header has gone wide.

"He is in front of the keeper no doubt, but I’d be really unhappy if that was against me, I really would be."

-- Jamie Carragher ---

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I was unhappy, like really really unhappy when Newcastle equalised against us in the last minute a few weeks ago. But it was a legitimate goal.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Why would you be fuming? Its offside by the laws of the game, its not even up for debate.

I don't understand the reaction of people saying it isn't offside. Including Allardyce, and now Carragher (as noted above).

Its absolutely clear offside, you can't put a player within 3 feet of the keeper as the last man and him standing in front so he can't see the ball!
Imagine if that was actually allowed in games? The West Broms and Burnleys of this world would have a player whose job was to go and stand in front of the keeper whilst their mates had a few shots at goal. People are just confused following the change that if a player in an offside position and doesn't touch or move towards the ball they are not interfering with play. But they have completely missed the part about interfering with visibility for the keeper, which has always been there.

I think its another example where the rules have become so complex that the obvious rationale for them gets obscured by iterations to take account of tinkering with the rules.