Author Topic: Not quite so 'Super' League  (Read 534368 times)

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Breakaway Super League
« Reply #5680 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:20 pm »
Some details:

According to those familiar with the plans, the 15 “founding clubs” of the Super League would share 32.5 per cent of these commercial revenues. A further 32.5 per cent would be distributed between all 20 participating teams, including the five sides invited to play in the competition each year. Twenty per cent of revenues would be allocated on “merit” or be dependent on performance in the competition. The final 15 per cent would be shared based on broadcast audience size.

So, 35 % will then be up to the performance, as further you get, the more money in the broadcasting category. However, that most broadcasting will be in the group stage.

So, what then would be incentives for a club to go spend big to actually win it? I mean, you probably have to spend quite a bit of money here to try to get through, especially for a club like us. Why would you want a good team? Can't you just make sure to survive in the PL each year, and then just come last in the ESL. I mean, you can take quite a bit of money from this then as you don't have to spend much on transfers and other nonsense trying to actually compete

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5681 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:29 pm »
City have just cut Pep's conference short cos he was laying into the plans  :o
our site put up milner's interview without his opinion on the super league. we're becoming similar to China
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5682 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:31 pm »
How about we break JP Morgan?  Go to where the money is - go after the brand of criminality masked as finance.

They would be bailed out by the U.S. Government.
Since they own that, and other Governments

Offline arm5ky

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5683 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:34 pm »
The only reason this won't go through is because they haven't included Murdoch and his evil empire.
He controls the narrative.
do we think carra and neville would be so vocal if sky were on board. FIFA/UEFA/PL/Media/Owners
It's all about money with no regard for fans.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5684 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:36 pm »
I'm inclined to say let them sue us.

I agree.

Either way, there’s no way out of this for those involved - go through with it and suffer the consequences, or drop out and be taken to the cleaners financially.

I’ve resigned myself to there being no route out of this now, the owners have made their statement and the club will suffer and forever be tainted by it. Sadly it looks football is about to change irrevocably and we’re leading the charge to take the game in a direction that will be to the detriment of everything that most of us love about it.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #5685 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:44 pm »
So, honestly. Where the fuck do we go from here?

There's a course, but it's a difficult one and not for the faint hearted.

Frank Herbert understood a lot about power.

[size=78%] 

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5686 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:46 pm »
I fucking love our captain.
AHA!

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5687 on: April 20, 2021, 02:10:20 pm »
Hendo going to sort it?  :D

The players agents will make sure it sounds stern but doesn't in any way damage the relationships with the owners.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #5688 on: April 20, 2021, 02:10:21 pm »
I think it might have been them or black rock. My memory plays tricks. I know we barraged them with emails which caused a major a rethink !

By the way, there is also an email address for the new super league if you want to get in touch with them. Just saying......

Good point Q -  can easily become a fly in their ointment....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #5689 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:00 pm »
I started going to my local non league club when the H&G saga was unfolding.  It's brilliant, have a beer, stand with your mates, if you give the players stick they give it back.

Somehow they've managed not to turn into a billion pound super club in that time, but who knows maybe it's around the corner.
Once the potential is there, rest assure someone will take it.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #5690 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:04 pm »
do we have any lawyers here?

If the British govt goes ahead and brings in a law saying teams can't join the ESL, can we still be sued if we withdraw? Just be following the laws of the land, no?

Depends which jurisdiction we have signed up to. Presumably it will be US law if the odious JPM are at the back of all this. The US is, as you will be aware, a very litigious society. Billion dollar lawsuits incoming!

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5691 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:08 pm »
https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1384492077149417478?s=20

Things are afoot.

Our captain. What a guy. You know he thinks exactly the same as Milly on this. I'm sure nearly every footballer does.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #5692 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:15 pm »
Hit them in the dollars https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/partners - tell the sponsors why you're just not buying it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5693 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:15 pm »
What changes do you think the clubs wanted?  This is what they wanted.  Massive money and a closed shop.

FFP and the UEFA bloke knows that because he said that was one of the last things he and the Italian guy spoke about.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5694 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:24 pm »
Hendo about to do what Carragher and Gerrard should have done to the last owners.

This is what a captain looks like.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5695 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:46 pm »
So there's 38 PL games, 38 ESL, 6 FA Cup, 5 League Cup matches if your Man City trying to do elusive Quadruple.

That's 87 matches in about 40 weeks excluding internationals. The players will all want a significant pay increase based on matches not just weeks and the toll on their fitness will be immense.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5696 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:53 pm »
Might have it's roots in the 'town halls' that politicians hold on the campaign trail.

In New England, where many of the first British migrants settled, the communities were governed almost as a direct democracy, with the locals all convening in the town hall to discuss the issues of the day, to pass ordinances, and take part in decision-making.

If you visit New England towns today, you will typically see a large stone, or, if older, wooden building in the middle of town, of some substance and gravity.

From there it entered the American English vernacular as a noun, to mean any meeting with stakeholders.

And from there, it entered political discourse, to mean a meeting where candidates field questions from voters or potential voters, on the campaign trail.

From there, it appears to have entered corporate-speak, where suits apparently have turned the phrase into a verb, apparently to mean "messaging" the masses that the decision has already been made, for the good of everyone.

Ah, the debasement of language.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5697 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:58 pm »

Things are afoot.

Love Hendo,  no surprise he’s the one to call a meeting.

What with him doing this, Kloppo saying he isn’t walking out and wants to help sort it, no idea what the hell is going to happen, but at least we are lucky to have these 2 amazing people leading from within. 

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5698 on: April 20, 2021, 02:12:22 pm »
The only reason this won't go through is because they haven't included Murdoch and his evil empire.
He controls the narrative.
do we think carra and neville would be so vocal if sky were on board. FIFA/UEFA/PL/Media/Owners
It's all about money with no regard for fans.
Murdoch sold Sky. Sky is a pretty small fish in the waters that the ESL wants to be swimming in.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #5699 on: April 20, 2021, 02:12:41 pm »
Uefa and FIFA reminding everyone to think of the fans whilst constantly reducing fan ticket allocations for the world cup and champions League finals, makes you sick doesn't it

They're all corrupt as fuck, ESL, UEFA, FIFA etc etc, they're all ruining football and have been for years.  If UEFA were going to benefit finacially from the ESL then they'd be all behind the ESL.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5700 on: April 20, 2021, 02:13:03 pm »
True... I have a relative who who works for them - so I know.

The amount of capital they control is less important than identifying their weaknesses and applying pressure.

One of their weaknesses is the criminogenic environment in which they operate.   And that they are reliant upon their brand to maintain clients.

Enough LFC supporters start a re-branding effort to clarify their role in this --- and you'd see more cracks --- just like in anything else mate.

I don't work for them but I work there. They won't care. They'll have done their due diligence on this, they wouldn't back it if it wasn't going to make them money. There won't be enough LFC supporters to make them change their mind as the money they're committing to this is absolute peanuts to them. There's no way their brand gets hit just because tens of thousands of football fans are against it, our best bet is at the clubs right now.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5701 on: April 20, 2021, 02:13:07 pm »
Here's to you, Jordan Brian Henderson.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5702 on: April 20, 2021, 02:13:28 pm »
They would be bailed out by the U.S. Government.
Since they own that, and other Governments

Bailed out only after massive losses.  The US system is rigged, but these entities still rely upon word of mouth, good will and branding among the wealthy.

And notice they bailed out the entire system - not just one entity.   Tim Geithner called it having "skin in the game".

As a former financial professional, you need to follow the money (and the spigots to get to the rot) --- UEFA's and FIFA's bankers too.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5703 on: April 20, 2021, 02:13:44 pm »
So there's 38 PL games, 38 ESL, 6 FA Cup, 5 League Cup matches if your Man City trying to do elusive Quadruple.

That's 87 matches in about 40 weeks excluding internationals. The players will all want a significant pay increase based on matches not just weeks and the toll on their fitness will be immense.

Think it's more like minimum 18 and maximum 25 ESL games.

Also teams in the ESL probably wouldn't be involved in the League Cup - a bit like the proposals put forward in Project Big Picture.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #5704 on: April 20, 2021, 02:13:52 pm »
First Klopp, then Milner and now Henderson. Well in lads.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5705 on: April 20, 2021, 02:14:13 pm »
Hendo going to sort it?  :D

He's going to run it. So it should be quite funny if nothing else :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #5706 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:07 pm »
The mistake they made was not inviting every club from every country in Europe to form a organisation of breakaway leagues... minus City, PSG, Chelsea... and Everton. Fuck UEFA off altogether.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5707 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:12 pm »

Things are afoot.

The manager, skipper and vice skipper have done us, and the sport, proud in the last 24 hours or so.

It’s a shame that all that anyone outside our fan base will remember will be the owners actions.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #5708 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:17 pm »

Probably why Perez made a suggestion about games themselves being too long. We'll end up with 4 x 15 minute quarters if this shite is allowed to happen

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5709 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:22 pm »
Bailed out only after massive losses.  The US system is rigged, but these entities still rely upon word of mouth, good will and branding among the wealthy.

And notice they bailed out the entire system - not just one entity.   Tim Geithner called it having "skin in the game".

As a former financial professional, you need to follow the money (and the spigots to get to the rot) --- UEFA's and FIFA's bankers too.

They don't take losses. Losses go to the serf/peasant classes.
But your idea is still the correct one, to go after them specifically.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5710 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:45 pm »
Hendo about to do what Carragher and Gerrard should have done to the last owners.

This is what a captain looks like.

Well he does have a massive tatt of big ears on his left thigh to defend,
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5711 on: April 20, 2021, 02:15:59 pm »

Juve and Real want to halt the unstoppable growth of the PL and that is why they have signed up to it, so the PL is going to get killed that is the point of the ESL.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5712 on: April 20, 2021, 02:16:04 pm »
The government can't do shit about this. Please tell me what the government have done to stop the tech giants or the media companies. NOTHING!!

The Tories are just jumping all over this to try to get votes.  Don't be fooled.

Johnson has met with FA and Premier League according to sky news.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5713 on: April 20, 2021, 02:16:30 pm »
Still got mine - yet seems to have shrunk in the wash over these past 10 or so years - bizarrely just around the waist...

I tried mine on and looked like a black pudding.
Blaming the lockdown here!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #5714 on: April 20, 2021, 02:16:36 pm »
Pep said some good things......basically it won’t be sport without the risk/reward etc.

It’s fast becoming everyone against the owners and they soon will have nowhere to go. They’ll either backdown or carry on or come to a compromise. The sad thing is that all of this should have been negotiated in private and not played out in public. Our owners have lost the respect of the fans and have placed our players and manager in a position where they will take the brunt of the other fans’ bile when it has nothing to do with them. I’d say that we’ll see a brick coming through the windows of some of the buses.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:18:21 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5715 on: April 20, 2021, 02:16:47 pm »

I tried mine on and looked like a black pudding.
Blaming the lockdown here!

We need new ones!  :)

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5716 on: April 20, 2021, 02:17:00 pm »
Probably why Perez made a suggestion about games themselves being too long. We'll end up with 4 x 15 minute quarters if this shite is allowed to happen
We don't want to get left behind Gary... That's what matters here. Let them kill football, as long as we get to do the stabbing too.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5717 on: April 20, 2021, 02:17:06 pm »
The FT have released a document which reveals financial plans for the ESL.

- Clubs believe it’ll raise £4bn a year from global broadcasting/sponsorship - double what the CL currently does
- Founding clubs share 32.5% of this revenue
- Further 32.5% allocated between the 20 clubs taking part
- 20% of revenues then merit based, based on performance
- 15% shared based on broadcast audience size
- Competition winner would receive around 1.5x that received by the side finishing bottom (current ratio is 3.5 in Spain)
- Clubs may retain individual sponsorship and gate revenues
- Clubs may only spend 55% of their income on sports expenditure - wages, agent fees, transfer fees etc. Currently - European clubs spend around 70/80% of revenue on wages alone
- Clubs must have positive trailing earnings before EBITDA - preventing the huge losses that football clubs currently incur on a regular basis

Lots of good stuff in there, and would make football finances much more sustainable and equitable than they currently are. The sticking point continues to be the guaranteed annuity for the founding members.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5718 on: April 20, 2021, 02:17:08 pm »
One of the best things I ever did, even better if you can get actively involved in a club. There's a lot of help that a non-league club needs and you'll get a lot back. Especially in the times we've had over the last year, just seeing and socialising with people working towards a common cause of joy for your community.

I can only echo that. I went from going to a Premier League game almost every other week since I was very young to not going to a Premier League game for about 5 or 6 years now. I started going to watch my local side (Unfortunately they went into liquidation and ceased to exist last year but will be coming back next season and I honestly can’t wait!). I found a new love for football. For me now it really doesn’t matter who spends the most on transfers, who has the biggest ground or even who wins the most honours every year. It’s about meeting your friends, watching a game of football, having a couple of drinks if that’s your thing and coming away from the ground having not been ripped off and happy regardless of the results and looking forward to the next game. For too long the fans of big clubs in this country have looked down on fans of small clubs with their “shit chants” and worse football. This latest super league thing has just further confirmed what the owners of LFC, Man Utd et al think of fans.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:20:38 pm by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5719 on: April 20, 2021, 02:17:21 pm »
I don't work for them but I work there. They won't care. They'll have done their due diligence on this, they wouldn't back it if it wasn't going to make them money. There won't be enough LFC supporters to make them change their mind as the money they're committing to this is absolute peanuts to them. There's no way their brand gets hit just because tens of thousands of football fans are against it, our best bet is at the clubs right now.

It depends mate.  I worked for large investment firm and their brand was totally decimated by the Fin Crisis of 2008.

And now they are shadow of themselves.   It would take a great deal of organization, but if you want to make a dent in this deal --- you have to go after the root of the problem (money)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:19:59 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: