Author Topic: Champions League QF first leg. Real Madrid away  (Read 21639 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Champions League QF first leg. Real Madrid away
« on: April 5, 2021, 06:57:44 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Not seen a thread and as it is tomorrow night will start one off. We do know Felix Brych is the referee. Good start there!
We know Ramos and Hazard are out for them and possibly a couple of others. They beat Eibar 2-0 at the weekend with Benzema scoring again.
They have, so I heard on TAW, lost 7 of their last 10 CL matches when they don’t have Ramos. This alone made me go for an LFC away win in my acca.
Over the last two seasons I used to use the analogy of a boa constrictor in the way we played, squeezing the other team to death, penning them in their own half, dominating and winning. I saw the snake again on Saturday away at Arsenal and it is a combination of the press8 g of the front three and Fabinho around the half way line with busy other midfielders and high full backs completing the suffocation.
If we can impose ourselves on them this will be a massive achievement with their ageing but technically excellent midfielders.
Salah will be up for this, Gini has been kept back for it and will be firing. Key questions are who has the third midfield slot and who of the front three start.
My guess is Keita in midfield and Bobby to start with Mo and Jota with Mane the one to provide impact from the bench.
Thoughts?
A narrow away win for me and Salah on the scoresheet is my prediction.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: Champions League QF first leg. Real Madrid away
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2021, 07:15:28 am »
I'd like to see this lineup:

Alisson

Trent
Phillips
Kabak
Dossena

Fabinho
Thiago
Benayoun

Mane
Salah
Firmino

YNWA :scarf

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2021, 08:41:19 am »
Real to me are an utterly despicable club.

Every dealing I've had with them has been negative, from interaction with "fans" to the obvious shithousery of the way they conduct their business and of course, on-field antics. (Ramos especially being the latest example of this)

Arrogant, blase and downright unlikable in all areas. Think they can do what they want (Barca the same) and fuck all the rest. Loathesome.

Got to be honest and say that losing to these is more unthinkable and unpalatable than losing to City would be.

No matter how - just win. We have the team to do so and the motivation. Just make it happen.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2021, 09:04:20 am »
Let's be having these on toast. There for the taking I reckon. And we battered Arsenal who while only Arsenal is a good start

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2021, 09:22:01 am »
Hazard may make the bench .

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2021, 09:23:42 am »
Time to exorcise those Demons from Kiev.

I've been comfortable about this tie for weeks, settled team, pressing is back and we are in that part of the season now where under Klopp's reign we go into locked in red machine mode.

0-2 Salah (2).

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2021, 09:25:07 am »

Hope they’ve reinforced it.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2021, 10:00:03 am »
Nice one Roger. Fucking hell this is what it’s all about.
European cup Quarter final against Real Madrid.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2021, 10:11:34 am »
Puta de la madre Real. Let’s hope for a performance that turns all their bocadillos soggy

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2021, 10:12:25 am »
Nice one Roger. Fucking hell this is what it’s all about.
European cup Quarter final against Real Madrid.

19 European Cups between the clubs, proper European Royalty on show this week and next.

Shame there are no fans in, what a night this was, we could have scored 10 only for Casillas

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cZihmu9bRDo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cZihmu9bRDo</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 5, 2021, 10:14:59 am »
Jota and Gini in for Milner and Bobby is what I'd go for but think Bobby will start and can't see Klopp going with 4 attackers away in 3Europe. We just look completely stale in attack without Jota at the minute.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 5, 2021, 10:19:29 am »
Nice one Roger, I'd like to see Keita start tomorrow too, I get so frustrated when he gets injured because he's been so good when he has been on the pitch and would be exactly the player I'd pick to play alongside Fabinho and Thiago tomorrow.

Oh and Phillips will have Benzema for breakfast :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2021, 10:22:55 am »
19 European Cups between the clubs, proper European Royalty on show this week and next.

Shame there are no fans in, what a night this was, we could have scored 10 only for Casillas

Nice one, great memories of that era under Rafa :)

And just for completeness' sake:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qi0XgBaUhYE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qi0XgBaUhYE</a>
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 5, 2021, 10:36:31 am »
Let’s batter these!

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #14 on: April 5, 2021, 10:59:02 am »
So I'm guessing Real will have to load their midfield since they don't have any forwards of quality other than Benzema (no Ronaldo, Bale, Hazard). Plus the legs are older so they can't afford the midfield to be overrun when out of possession. Finally, with no Ramos (or even with him) there needs to be some serious midfield cover to double up on Salah (red hot revenge mission), Jota (GOAT) and even Mane who will be a nuisance with his dribbling, needing two to stop him.

The only danger I can think of is Modric and Kroos having too much time on the ball, which means they can pick out Benzema. And this may be exclusively what Fab and Gini will be tasked to stop. That leaves one midfielder to offer us quality, and that surely has to be Keita.

Are the Madrid fullbacks likely to cause us any trouble? Will they risk forays forward at the risk of conceding precious away goals?
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2021, 11:05:19 am »
It's all setting in now. The sun shining well into the evening, the weather getting much nicer. Champions League knockout football. Feels like these are the moments we live for. Unfortunately the occasion has nothing on what it would be like under normal circumstances, but it's still a big moment for us. Just imagine what next week would have been like, especially if we'd have gone to Madrid and got a good score  :( :butt

We need to score here. I'd probably take one if you offered it to me now, but I think we can get a couple if we really turn up. I don't expect us to win in Madrid, I think they'll be more than happy to try and keep the game under their control and look to score first, then see the game out. They're really good at that. It'd be a bit of a disaster if they come away from this having won by more than a goal. I actually think we'll get a score draw here, which would be a nice result. As unfortunate as it is that we're missing our three main centre halves, we know that Madrid are weaker all over the pitch than they were 3 years ago. They have a few players who are getting on now, Modric, Benzema, Marcelo, all well into their thirties, and this may represent the last really great chance they have to win it again. Game by game and all, but I'm convinced whoever wins this tie will play the final. I think both sides will have been relatively happy with this draw when it was made. I know these won 4 in 5 years, but make no mistakes, the last few years we've been a far better side, and I think even with our injuries and relatively poor form, that if both teams played to their best, we'd win this time around. That said, I expect nothing from the referees, playing against these is like being a man down, although I do believe we can rise above it.

COME ON YOU FUCKIN REDMEN!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2021, 11:09:37 am »
I'd very much doubt Keita starts. Surely Fabinho, Gini and Thiago in the midfield?

The only choice really that I see is what to do with Jota? Does he start him, or bring him on for impact as a sub?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2021, 11:11:03 am »
It's good to have some practical skills to fall back on
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2021, 11:21:12 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cZihmu9bRDo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cZihmu9bRDo</a>
What a night that was. Masch at the end there. Getting a bit emotional here
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #19 on: April 5, 2021, 11:40:33 am »
Do Real's first 5 Franco European cups count? Those were the days when Hibernan were getting to the semis, and the tournament was so unbalanced that teams were winning by double digits. They're on 8 cups in my book, and if we win this year, then we're one behind  ;)

I've always thought of Real Madrid as the ultimate ego club - their players, fans, managers, and owners often epitomising the arrogance of modern football and greed. No player represents the DNA of the club more than Ramos - a talented but arrogant bully who plays the game without any class or conscience whilst pleading impunity. It's no coincidence that many of the players with the biggest egos (and who split opinions amongst fans) end up there - including the long list of galacticos, epitomised by Luis Figo making the unthinkable decision (at the time) to join from Barcelona. Ronaldo was the biggest ego of them all, but there are so many others from Gareth Bale to Eden Hazard that go to that club for the attention and glamour as much as the chance of winning things. However, for me they're not quite in the bracket of despicable clubs like City, Chelsea and PSG, and at least they have pedigree and a rich European history (and 8 European cups..).

This is a great time to be playing them - we're getting some rhythm and key players back to form, and although we're pushing for top 4, we're are not in a title race like they are. They're in with a shout of a domestic title - more than other seasons where they've given up to focus on Europe, and that might help us. No Ramos is a big deal for them - for all his faults, he's a vocal leader who often sets the tone for their games (and also pops up with late goals). At least it removes the disappointment I felt that he wouldn't get to feel the heat of Anfield - imagine us having a full stadium and finding out he's not playing. Hazard might be back, but has had a terrible season of injuries and I don't think he's anywhere near the threat he was. Benzema continues to score but he's no Ronaldo, and no doubt Fabinho will make it a tough night for him. For the first time in years, I don't think they have a single player that you'd consider a big threat to be feared.

There's plenty of sub-plots left over from the game in Kiev, and everyone who played that night will be motivated to get revenge. Even Thiago will no doubt be fired up given his previous Barcelona connections - apparently that Classico rivalry never really goes away. Their arrogance also makes them a very satisfying club to beat - in a different way to the satisfaction of beating a Bayern or a Juventus.

I'd go with Alisson, Trent, Kabak, Phillips, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Mane, Jota, Salah
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2021, 11:44:15 am »
Two changes for me, Gini for Milner and Jota for Bobby.  These aren’t the team they where but they’ll still be a tough side to beat and expect all the usual shithousery from them throwing themselves on the floor whenever anyone even yawns in their direction.   

Think it’s four clean sheets in a row with Hansen and Lawrenson I mean Kabak and Phillips starting together so another one please tomorrow night lads although I’ve got a sneaky feeling the score will be a reverse of the final from 3 years ago.  3-1 to the mighty reds. 

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2021, 11:44:32 am »
The royalties of European football take to the ring once more , 19 times champions combined.

The 1/4 final v Real Madrid will take place at the Castilla's Alfredo Di Stefano ground on April 6, rather than the Bernabeu .

Ramos is out and Hazard may make the bench at best .

Revenge will hopefully be the outcome with no Bale Ramos or Ronaldo for Madrid seems a huge hole in their side .

Van dyke and Gomez is a big loss for us but the the pairing off Kabak and Philips has looked good and more settled over the last 2/3 games.
Plus the biggest plus is it moves one of the best all round midfielders in Fabinho back into the middle of the park.

Madrid form looks good on paper no defeats in 11 with 9 wins and two draws .
They’ve still so many good players once if on form will be a handful for any side, so a special mention to a player I’ve always highly rated in Benzema with 18 goals and 6 assists this season but getting on at 33.

Expecting like at the weekend v Eibar to go 3421
with Benzema leading the line and two wing backs over lapping their midfield , probably Vazquez and Marcelo.

V

.......................Ali

Trent ......Kabak....Philips......Robertson

..................Fabinho

..........Thiago....Wijnaldum

.....Mane......Firmino....Salah

Can’t see us going with Jota and the above front 3 away to Madrid .
Personally I’d start Jota for Bobby if not going with all 4.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2021, 11:47:06 am by rocco »

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 5, 2021, 11:47:39 am »
Gini and Jota for Milner and Mane
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23 on: April 5, 2021, 11:56:16 am »
Does anyone know when the press conference for this is? Just found out, 6.45 Klopp along with Jota being interviewed I think that confirms he will start.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 5, 2021, 12:01:58 pm »
Madrid are masters of the dark arts so bracing myself for a frustrating game. Getting an away goal or 2 should be the target but honestly this is a hard game to call.

Benzema will be a good test for Phillips and Kabak.

I will go 1-1 or 1-2 to us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25 on: April 5, 2021, 12:03:16 pm »
Madrid are masters of the dark arts so bracing myself for a frustrating game. Getting an away goal or 2 should be the target but honestly this is a hard game to call.

Benzema will be a good test for Phillips and Kabak.

I will go 1-1 or 1-2 to us.

It sounds as though Hazard will play a part as well, though don't think he will start.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 5, 2021, 12:05:20 pm »
It sounds as though Hazard will play a part as well, though don't think he will start.

Ah okay. Luckily he isn’t as good as his Chelsea days but he’s always been good against us so sure he’ll fancy it. It’s exciting either way.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 5, 2021, 12:07:33 pm »
I'm hoping we play with a level of intensity that Real can't match. Obviously giving time on the ball to the likes of Kroos and Modric and they'll hurt any team but I believe the way to beat these is to hound them and make it impossible for them to rest on the ball.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2021, 12:08:06 pm »
Fabinho and Thiago key. These are the games Thiago should flourish in.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #29 on: April 5, 2021, 12:10:40 pm »
Big fuck off puff piece about How brilliant Benzema is on the good old beeb by ballbag Today. Oh, how Salford quays would love them to turn us over. Unluckee!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #30 on: April 5, 2021, 12:10:52 pm »
thanks OP

will be a cagey game this - as first legs tend to be - will any manager risk a loss? so could be a draw

we need to be tight and clever as trying to bully these types of teams may lead to disaster

keep our heads, play our game, have no fear and play as if we are the underdogs

excited to see if jota starts - and will be the type of game thiago was born for

big virg would've been excellent to have in the side but i'm sure he's giving the other lads loads of advice

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #31 on: April 5, 2021, 12:15:20 pm »
« Last Edit: April 5, 2021, 12:27:33 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #32 on: April 5, 2021, 12:22:59 pm »
Really interested by what our approach and team selection will be.

Real Madrid have possibly the most experienced and dogged midfield in football right now. Kroos has just overcome an injury and will start. Do we match them toe-to-toe with a midfield three or look to overwhelm with an attacking four in behind them?

I'd love to see Milner start but can his legs take it? He makes a fantastic trio with Robertson and Mane, but Gini is rested and he's made for games like this. I think Milner will miss out on starting but I wouldn't be upset if he did.

Upfront Jota has to start but where and for who is a bigger question. Mane is still a monster in dominating 1v1s and Firmino is made for tight affairs on the biggest stage like this. Whether we play all four and avoid the question, or drop Mane or Firmino. I'm not sure. I think it will be Mane missing out, based on form and involvement over the international break.

On the wider game, it will hopefully be a better game of football without Ramos' involvement but still expecting a frustrating amount of gamesmanship. Will need cool heads and a good ref.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #33 on: April 5, 2021, 12:35:34 pm »
Fancy us winning 15-0 with Jota and Salah getting 5 apiece, Mane hattrick and a couple for Nat Philips.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 5, 2021, 12:39:25 pm »
Two changes for me, Gini for Milner and Jota for Bobby.  These aren’t the team they where but they’ll still be a tough side to beat and expect all the usual shithousery from them throwing themselves on the floor whenever anyone even yawns in their direction.   

Think it’s four clean sheets in a row with Hansen and Lawrenson I mean Kabak and Phillips starting together so another one please tomorrow night lads although I’ve got a sneaky feeling the score will be a reverse of the final from 3 years ago.  3-1 to the mighty reds. 

I think that's exactly how we will line up, same starting xi as Saturday but with the aforementioned changes.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 5, 2021, 12:59:35 pm »
need to be wary of Vinicius pace down the left.
his end product can very often be poor but he is dangerous.

Trent may need some cover. Maybe have Gini as the RCM.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 5, 2021, 01:08:02 pm »
The key imo will be to minimize their ability to supply Benzema as he's their main consistent threat, and dominate the midfield and not allow Kroos/Modric to control things.

Depending on how Jota feels, I imagine he goes back into the lineup, and Gini comes in for Milner.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #37 on: April 5, 2021, 01:17:25 pm »
Must say, it was nice of Arsenal to set up a practice game with us before this, quite sound. We should send them a card or something.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2021, 01:29:31 pm »
need to be wary of Vinicius pace down the left.
his end product can very often be poor but he is dangerous.

Trent may need some cover. Maybe have Gini as the RCM.

I’m expecting them to target Trent to be honest

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 5, 2021, 01:39:34 pm »
Hope we go for this from the start. I'd play Jota , Bobby,Mane and Salah , rock'n roll pressing all over the park, risk conceding and put 5 past the odious twots.
 At the moment, attack is by far our best form of defence.