Author Topic: Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!  (Read 10906 times)

Offline fowlerisgod4eva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Lads, Trying to Conceive is a Ballache!
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2023, 03:00:08 pm »
Hey all, small update.
Pretty much the same happened second time around for us.
Egg collection got just 2 eggs so we were pretty down about that.
Both fertilised and both got to blastocyst which got us a bit more excited.
One transferred one frozen.
Transfer went fine, 2 weeks passed, tested and positive - waited for a few days to ring the clinic as last time was pretty instant after the test we knew it hadn’t stayed. Rang up and got appt for scan, lasted about 6 days then again it was clear we hadn’t maintained the pregnancy.
Mrs took it pretty hard this time which I guess is understandable with all the hormones and hoping etc.
got another appt next week to talk through next steps, hoping that it’s a touch easier with having a frozen egg to use but no idea really!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #161 on: October 4, 2023, 10:23:09 pm »
Hey mate,
I'm really sorry to hear that. That's such awful news. Having been through the process myself, I can imagine what you are going through. My wife found it very tough and that's such a hard thing to navigate as a male because you will have your own emotions to contend with.
Its positive that you have a frozen egg though and you get to have a go at another transfer.

I have everything crossed for you and your wife.

As always, free for a chat.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 5, 2023, 07:57:47 am »
Good luck with your next appointment.

Hopefully they get to bottom of what's going on before your next round of treatment.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2023, 09:13:34 am »
Did anyone have any luck once they were over 40, I do have one son, he was 6 yesterday, it would be nice if he wasnt an only child but I think we are out of time, I will be 41 at least if she got pregnant again. She was 45 recently.

Sex life could be better but on off we have tried for 3 years now and she hasnt got pregnant

Have not gone down the IVF road and dont want too
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #164 on: December 1, 2023, 10:57:47 am »
Did anyone have any luck once they were over 40, I do have one son, he was 6 yesterday, it would be nice if he wasnt an only child but I think we are out of time, I will be 41 at least if she got pregnant again. She was 45 recently.

Sex life could be better but on off we have tried for 3 years now and she hasnt got pregnant

Hi mate,

No I was 36 when I did ours earlier this year, so I can't really comment on that. Doing my research though, it shouldnt put your off. IVF can be cruel, but it can produce miracles.

Also, the amount of stories I have heard about couples who started IVF, failed and then got pregnant is nuts. I think it must kick start something.

I know me and the wife will try naturally when we are ready to conceive again.

Oh also, my wife is currently in labour! It's been 36 hours and she's had enough. Just waiting on a C Section now. She has been amazing, but it's been a rough day and a half.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2023, 10:59:38 am by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 1, 2023, 11:52:38 am »
The very best of luck to you

It will be worth it in what I hope will be a short time

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #166 on: December 2, 2023, 11:32:13 pm »
I've had a daughter. Wow.

She's called Etti and she's wonderful.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 2, 2023, 11:36:18 pm »

Brilliant news! Congratulations! Hope you are all doing well!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: December 2, 2023, 11:36:57 pm »

Congratulations to you both mate 🥂🩷

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 3, 2023, 12:00:44 am »

tremendous news  :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #170 on: December 3, 2023, 12:16:33 am »
Congratulations mate! Well worth the wait. :D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 3, 2023, 08:06:50 am »
Congratulations. Well done

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 3, 2023, 12:23:33 pm »
Great news and a brilliant name, congrats to both of you!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #173 on: December 4, 2023, 03:21:18 am »

Congratulations, mate!  :wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #174 on: December 4, 2023, 04:02:55 am »
Thank you everyone. A wild ride from day one, up to a very rough labour, ending in a C Section.

All worth it. She's amazing.

Now the fun starts.

As I've always said, anyone going through the process and wants a chat, vent or simply share stories, message me. I found it really helpful being open.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 8, 2023, 06:50:20 pm »
Thank you everyone. A wild ride from day one, up to a very rough labour, ending in a C Section.

All worth it. She's amazing.

Now the fun starts.

As I've always said, anyone going through the process and wants a chat, vent or simply share stories, message me. I found it really helpful being open.
Great to hear mate

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #176 on: December 9, 2023, 06:21:33 pm »
Our first, Florence Sara (Florrie to her mates), came home today just in time to watch the Reds. Born a week late last Sunday morning about midnight at 7lb13oz, she's been in special care getting rid of a little infection since then, but she's perfect now.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 9, 2023, 11:28:38 pm »
Our first, Florence Sara (Florrie to her mates), came home today just in time to watch the Reds. Born a week late last Sunday morning about midnight at 7lb13oz, she's been in special care getting rid of a little infection since then, but she's perfect now.
Congratulations!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2023, 10:27:14 am »
Congratulations mate! Tremendous news! The first few days of having them home is a real Rollercoaster of emotions.

I hope she is settling in well.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2023, 10:48:01 am »
wonderful mate apart from the infection but now enjoy it all

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2023, 11:41:15 am »

Congratulations to you all hope everyone is coping well 🥂🥳

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2023, 12:33:47 pm »

Amazing news mate!!! Congratulations!!!

Online Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2023, 06:10:16 pm »

Congrats mate. I read through this entire thread the other week and vicariously went through the rollercoaster of emotions in your posts that I even welled up a bit in happiness for you when you posted about your Mrs being pregnant.

Just got the news yesterday that my girl is pregnant. She's less excited than I thought and says she's terrified - I think the scale of having a kid and all the changes it is going to bring has only just hit her. I'm sure it'll balance soon enough though.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2023, 10:42:55 pm »
Congrats mate. I read through this entire thread the other week and vicariously went through the rollercoaster of emotions in your posts that I even welled up a bit in happiness for you when you posted about your Mrs being pregnant.

Just got the news yesterday that my girl is pregnant. She's less excited than I thought and says she's terrified - I think the scale of having a kid and all the changes it is going to bring has only just hit her. I'm sure it'll balance soon enough though.
Thanks mate. Ahh that means a lot. I've had a skim through myself recently and it's mad that I can read back on our whole journey. Also, that other members have welcomed little ones into their lives or have success with IVF etc

Massive congratulations to you and your girlfriend! I wouldn't worry too much, people respond differently to the news. There are so many resources out there for her or the both of you to use where you can talk about these things, or get advice.

Its the biggest news you can hear and the most life changing thing that happens. My wife and I make sure we talked all the way through it as we have both struggled with anxieties in the past.

But yeah, soon enough she'll be eyeing those baby outfits everytime you go shopping!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 10:47:02 pm by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2023, 07:01:38 pm »
I think I've mentioned a client of mine has been having IVF so I'm pleased to say they're expecting a baby boy in April.

Theirs is a slightly different story to most in here as her husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer whilst they were both in uni so had his sperm frozen before his surgery and chemo.

It was their last free attempt and they'd decided if it failed again rather than spend thousands trying they'd become foster parents with a view eventually to adopt.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2023, 10:34:39 am »
I think I've mentioned a client of mine has been having IVF so I'm pleased to say they're expecting a baby boy in April.

Theirs is a slightly different story to most in here as her husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer whilst they were both in uni so had his sperm frozen before his surgery and chemo.

It was their last free attempt and they'd decided if it failed again rather than spend thousands trying they'd become foster parents with a view eventually to adopt.

That's fantastic news for them. What a horrible thing to have to go through at such a young age. I'm glad that the IVF worked, I bet they are over the moon.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2023, 10:04:35 am »
That's fantastic news for them. What a horrible thing to have to go through at such a young age. I'm glad that the IVF worked, I bet they are over the moon.

I think they were both 20 when he was diagnosed so yeah they've been through a lot and the whole family is quite rightly thrilled.

Strangely he was diagnosed at pretty much the same time as my son and I think that's how we formed such a close bond. 

I was doing her trial wedding hair when she got the call to say the wedding had been cancelled due to the first COVID lockdown which terrified her as he hadn't had the all clear then.

Anyway it's happy days all round now and hopefully for everyone desperate to have their own families.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2023, 10:08:17 am »

Yeah, had my second when i wasn't far off 42.

Offline fowlerisgod4eva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2024, 05:24:29 pm »
Evening all, sorry for the slow update. We have been successful at attempt 3 of IVF. The 3rd attempt was with a frozen embryo from round 2, which failed. That made us really anxious thinking why would this work when the one they deemed the better embryo didn’t work at round 2. Anyway it did and we are now 19 weeks pregnant. 20 week scan next week but all going as well as it can so far. We had a 7 week scan through the IVF, then 13 week and we’ve also had a 17 week scan (paid for) to check in.
Lots of appts to do with our age etc, but all going well so far! Thanks for the support and for everyone that shares in here that gives comfort to everyone else going through the same challenges.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2024, 04:18:14 pm »
Excellent news that fella.

Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2024, 09:56:29 am »
great news

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2024, 09:59:24 am »
Congratulations, IVF is the hardest thing me and the misses have ever done, our little girl is now 7 months!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2024, 09:59:39 am »

We met late in life, I was 40 when we got married and she was 38, got pregnant on honeymoon Oct, I was 41 in the December and then again with the second just after I turned 44
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2024, 10:02:59 am »
We met late in life, I was 40 when we got married and she was 38, got pregnant on honeymoon Oct, I was 41 in the December and then again with the second just after I turned 44
nice one

Cant see it happening though, at least we have one so I cant be disappointed

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2024, 10:17:34 am »
nice one

Cant see it happening though, at least we have one so I cant be disappointed

Yeah, its great even just having the one, they grow up too bloody quickly though, my eldest could be moving out in 2 years when he is 18, that's flown by. Mad that I'm trying to work out when I can retire while I've got teenage kids ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2024, 10:36:15 am »
yeah my lad is 6, before you know it one years rolls into another

Raising him and working from home in lockdown wasnt easy especially on a busy day when it was just me and him.

He even swallowed a coin one day when I wasnt looking, disaster of a day that. He thought it was one of them chocolate coins

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2024, 09:51:06 pm »
Evening all, sorry for the slow update. We have been successful at attempt 3 of IVF. The 3rd attempt was with a frozen embryo from round 2, which failed. That made us really anxious thinking why would this work when the one they deemed the better embryo didn’t work at round 2. Anyway it did and we are now 19 weeks pregnant. 20 week scan next week but all going as well as it can so far. We had a 7 week scan through the IVF, then 13 week and we’ve also had a 17 week scan (paid for) to check in.
Lots of appts to do with our age etc, but all going well so far! Thanks for the support and for everyone that shares in here that gives comfort to everyone else going through the same challenges.
That's fantastic news mate! Over the moon for you.

I concur what Draex said, IVF is the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm a male! It's such an assault on every part of you. Such a hard thing to navigate but I'm so glad it's worked for you!

Our little girl is almost 4 months now.

We had additional scans as we have IVF and that really helped. However we did pay for a few private ones too because, well, anxiety!

Reach out any time bud!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:54:32 pm by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2024, 12:04:24 pm »

Sorry, a bit late to this thread, but congratulations, so happy for the three of you. A very honest account of your life, for all to read and draw courage and inspiration from. Hope she likes LFC, but not the most important thing :-)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2024, 10:48:08 am »
Brilliant news. Congrats! Hope all is well.

Congratulations, IVF is the hardest thing me and the misses have ever done
Yep and I don't think we fully understood the whole process looking back at it now.. congratulations by the way!