Author Topic: Sarah Everard* Update Jan 2023 - Met Police rapist.  (Read 74482 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: Sarah Everard
« Reply #520 on: October 1, 2021, 11:25:29 am »
I don't see it as victim blaming, I see it as advice for the public to try and keep them safe. They've said its unusual for lone plain clothes police officers to approach people in public and if this happens there's some advice for people to follow to keep them safe. What do you want them to do? Just carry on like nothing has happened? There's absolutely no victim blaming involved, the Met know they need reforms to restore public faith but that takes time and in the mean time they have offered some guidance on what to do if found in these situations. Like I said above right now any officer without ulterior motive should be understanding as to why these questions are being asked for them and if they aren't then red flags should start to be waved, why else would they not be happy with the person they're speaking to asking to speak to someone on their radio to ensure they're legit? Either way your initial post of "Just wave a bus down" was disingenuous as it seemed that this was the only advice the Met had offered. You also simply don't know if any of that would have saved Sarah's life either, that's projection, if Couzens wasn't able to answer those questions then maybe she would have struggled rather than being placed in handcuffs and brought attention to what was going on to possible passers by?

How would calling the police to verify her attacker was a police officer have helped? Cos he fucking was one!

Yes, advising members of the public to do what most officers would probably consider to be "resisting arrest" is a fantastic route to go down. Ask any black people how questioning police officers works out by the way. Yes, this will end really well I can just see it now.

And I agree reform takes time, but they've known about this case for over 6 months! 6 fucking months to put something in place and the best they can come up with is phone 999 or wave a fucking bus. The message this puts out is very clear to me and many others (from what I've seen from reactions) "We do not give a shit about women".

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #521 on: October 1, 2021, 11:29:02 am »
How would calling the police to verify her attacker was a police officer have helped?
It would have saved her life. Unless his ultimate intention was to spend the rest of his life necking porridge.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: October 1, 2021, 11:30:28 am »
How would calling the police to verify her attacker was a police officer have helped? Cos he fucking was one!

I think the point you are missing is that they are not just giving this advice for people who find themselves in the exact same scenario as Sarah Everard, but general advise to help generally. Just because it might not have helped her specifially does not mean it is necessarily bad advice.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: October 1, 2021, 11:31:15 am »
It would have saved her life. Unless his ultimate intention was to spend the rest of his life necking porridge.

No way of knowing that.

You know what definitely saves her life though? This piece of shit, known deviant not being a police officer in the first place.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #524 on: October 1, 2021, 11:31:49 am »
If you'd read my post then if he had legit reasons to stop and speak to her he'd have had no problem with her verifying his motives for stopping her, she then could have raised a fuss which could have brought the situation to people around her and potentially saved her life. I'm projecting there but you're also projecting by saying it wouldn't have made a difference.

Again, any lone plain clothed police officer who considers people following this advice as "resisting arrest" after it has been publicly stated doesn't have a genuine motive for them stopping that person and a fuss should be made to bring that to the attention of people around.

Once again you're delegitimising your point because you're boiling it down to just a few points of the lengthy advice that has been given just so you can continue with your anger about this. Keep projecting though.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: October 1, 2021, 11:32:23 am »
I think the point you are missing is that they are not just giving this advice for people who find themselves in the exact same scenario as Sarah Everard, but general advise to help generally. Just because it might not have helped her specifially does not mean it is necessarily bad advice.

So the solution is advising the public that police might sometimes be dodgy, just deal with it.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: October 1, 2021, 11:32:34 am »
It was said on the news last night that you can ask to call/speak to control for verification.

All police will have a radio or phone with them.

Doesn't change the fact that there's been huge institutional failings yet again.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2021, 11:35:40 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #527 on: October 1, 2021, 11:33:32 am »
No way of knowing that.

You know what definitely saves her life though? This piece of shit, known deviant not being a police officer in the first place.

First line - correct there is no way of knowing it would have saved her life, just as there's not way of knowing your point that it wouldn't have made a difference

Second line - completely agree. The Met have failed massively, if the previous reports of his criminal behaviour had been taken seriously then he wouldn't have been in the position to do what he did.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #528 on: October 1, 2021, 11:35:09 am »
So the solution is advising the public that police might sometimes be dodgy, just deal with it.

No, the advice is that sometimes a lone plain clothed police officer (for some reason you're putting this on all police, even uniformed and in numbers) may not have genuine motives and you should verify that they do and if they raise any warning signs over that then you should seek to make people aware of the situation.

[/size]
It was said on the news last night that you can ask to call/speak to control for verification.

All police will have a radio or phone with them.
[/size]

Exactly, and any officer who is resistant to this after the advice has been given publicly should be considered massively suspicious

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #529 on: October 1, 2021, 11:41:29 am »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/met-police-sarah-everard-couzens-b1930331.html

Just "wave down a bus". Ladies and gentleman, the problem has been solved. Thank you very much Cressida Dick.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Unbelievable that really.  This may be construed as the Met chief saying the police are untrustworthy.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: October 1, 2021, 11:44:54 am »
No way of knowing that.
So he would have just carried on, even though the control room would have known he was the last person seen with the victim?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: October 1, 2021, 11:46:42 am »
The problem with this specific case was he did, if he was acting as a Police officer and not a rapists, have a genuine reason to stop her, as she was out visiting friends during lockdown. All he had to do was show his warrant card and identify himself as police, ask where she's been, point out she is in breach of the lockdown rules and I doubt she'd have questioned it.

It has been advise for a few years now that if a lone woman in a car is flagged down by an unmarked car, to refuse to open your doors and either get the badge number and ring the Police or drive to a manned station. I wonder how many actually do that, or do they still comply with the one who stopped them?

All the failings are with the MET. How a copper can have a nickname of the rapist and not be investigated?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #532 on: October 1, 2021, 11:48:04 am »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/met-police-sarah-everard-couzens-b1930331.html

Just "wave down a bus". Ladies and gentleman, the problem has been solved. Thank you very much Cressida Dick.

Jesus fucking Christ.

If there's no busses around, presume the advice is to wait a short while as two will come along shortly after.

FFS
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #533 on: October 1, 2021, 11:48:46 am »
The latest from the Met

“Challenge plain clothes officers”
My Missus is furious. Her comments
“How do you challenge an officer with a warrant card? It will be ‘resisting arrest’ to most of them.”

“This puts the blame onto the victim and any future victim because “you should have challenged him”, is now the official line.

Add in the fact that Dick was claiming one bad apple when there are 17 officers under investigation for their handling of this case, and the Times is tweeting stuff about officers delaying the search/arrest of the murderer by hours allowing his phone to be deleted - this is worrying.

Yes, this response from the Met is straight out of the Jacob Rees-Mogg playbook after the Grenfell disaster, when he basically told the people who hadn’t ignored the London Fire Brigades advice to to stay in their flats that they were stupid for not using their own common sense.

And as for Cressida Dick, how this woman wasn’t sacked or at least demoted for her actions as Gold Commander leading to Cold Blooded Execution of Jean Charles de Menezes I will never know, since becoming Commissioner of the Met she’s done her best to block investigations into Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan and many more.

I would even argue she was over promoted when she left Hendon, but I suppose when your in charge of an Institutionally Racist, Misogynistic and Corrupt Metropolitan Police Force her face fits perfectly, especially when her Boss is the equally vile Priti Patel!
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: October 1, 2021, 12:00:22 pm »
Yes, this response from the Met is straight out of the Jacob Rees-Mogg playbook after the Grenfell disaster, when he basically told the people who hadn’t ignored the London Fire Brigades advice to to stay in their flats that they were stupid for not using their own common sense.

And as for Cressida Dick, how this woman wasn’t sacked or at least demoted for her actions as Gold Commander leading to Cold Blooded Execution of Jean Charles de Menezes I will never know, since becoming Commissioner of the Met she’s done her best to block investigations into Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan and many more.

I would even argue she was over promoted when she left Hendon, but I suppose when your in charge of an Institutionally Racist, Misogynistic and Corrupt Metropolitan Police Force her face fits perfectly, especially when her Boss is the equally vile Priti Patel!
Why would she start doing things properly now, when fuck-ups have served her so well in the past. Another major fuck-up and her seat in the Lords is safe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #535 on: October 1, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »
There should be protests against Dick, she has presided over injustice after injustice. Those 'directives' will send shivers down the spine of any person of colour. Just questioning an officer would be construed as 'resisting arrest'.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #536 on: October 1, 2021, 12:21:30 pm »
The psychological aspect of these crimes and trying to understand why people do stuff like this is so difficult. How fucked up must you be to go and do something like that?

Yeah, agreed the delivery method was tactless and accusing forum members is a bit random.

Important to recognise both crimes were awful, my thoughts are with both families but such conversations shouldn’t be swept under the carpet and I’d say are entirely relevant to this thread and topic.

The conversation’s about the extent of reporting, not absence of. One was the nation’s premier story - one was a side story which is even evidenced by the URL of the article of you posted being situated in the London section of BBC news rather than the National section. It was very much regional reporting to begin with. I remember seeing the case discussed on Twitter and there being no corresponding story on the BBC front page last weekend.

‘Any allegations of racism are wrong?’ I’m not accusing anyone of racism. Simply pointing out the clear discrepancy. Make of that what you will - but you can’t deny it exists and telling someone of colour it doesn’t is akin to a fat bloke advising me on a diet. Maybe it’s driven by editorial teams or journalists, maybe people care less… but deaths of PoC never seem to garner as much interest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-57377414

Another event where we didn’t see Prince William and Kate Middleton blaze to the scene for a photo op. They probably didn’t even know it happened.

Anyway… that’s enough of the digression.

Not supporting the Royal family in anyway but...https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/kate-middleton-sabina-nessa-tribute-b1926833.html

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: October 1, 2021, 12:22:49 pm »
Cressida Dick is incompetent but it's her seeming indifference that is most frustrating.  It's not just her though, the entire police force have closed ranks and every spokesperson I've heard today has been running out the same lines about it being an isolated incident.

That said, I think the calls to tear down the police and the pile-on on Starmer for suggesting more police officers are needed are misguided.  More and better police, please.  Less protecting of the misogynists, racists and bullies that seem to be drawn to a career in the police force.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 1, 2021, 12:33:14 pm »

I was under the impression that responsibility for the Met had transferred to the Mayor;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor%27s_Office_for_Policing_and_Crime

But they have no power over the appointment of the Commissioner! That's something that needs streamlining. What's the point of having an overview if you can't deal with poor performance?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: October 1, 2021, 12:35:23 pm »
The latest from the Met

“Challenge plain clothes officers”
My Missus is furious. Her comments
“How do you challenge an officer with a warrant card? It will be ‘resisting arrest’ to most of them.”

“This puts the blame onto the victim and any future victim because “you should have challenged him”, is now the official line.

Add in the fact that Dick was claiming one bad apple when there are 17 officers under investigation for their handling of this case, and the Times is tweeting stuff about officers delaying the search/arrest of the murderer by hours allowing his phone to be deleted - this is worrying.
I'm sure that will bode well for anyone of colour too.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: October 1, 2021, 12:36:49 pm »
If anyone is interested in miscarridges of justice, endemic police corruption and racism, and not to mention a murder of an extremely vulnerable woman, I suggest you watch this:

A Killing in Tiger Bay

The story of the Cardiff Five, one of Britain's most notorious and astonishing miscarriages of justice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000zhgf/a-killing-in-tiger-bay

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #541 on: October 1, 2021, 12:51:16 pm »
Not sure the commas are needed on this:

"Dick, Head of Met Police, should go"
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: October 1, 2021, 12:51:49 pm »
If anyone is interested in miscarridges of justice, endemic police corruption and racism, and not to mention a murder of an extremely vulnerable woman, I suggest you watch this:

A Killing in Tiger Bay

The story of the Cardiff Five, one of Britain's most notorious and astonishing miscarriages of justice.

[/quote

One of the interesting side issues from this case that the three convicted where acquitted on appeal after the Judges (Taylor was the Lord Chief Justice) listened to all of the tape recording interviews which clearly showed the police's bullying and lying tactics.

Tape recorded interviews were required by the Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1984 which was introduced as a result of previous miscarriages of justice - like the Maxwell Confait case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Maxwell_Confait

If it hadn't been for PACE the three convicted at Swansea Crown Court would still be in prison.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #543 on: October 1, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »
I'm sure that will bode well for anyone of colour too.

See the tweet that Mark George was replying to. It was from a judge presiding in a case which was thrown out of court.
A black woman thrown to the floor and assaulted by two (not one) uniformed (not plain clothes) officers, for correctly daring to question their behaviour. “Answering back” She was charged with offences because she asked them to back off.

“Answering back” racism and misogyny?
« Last Edit: October 1, 2021, 01:00:56 pm by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: October 1, 2021, 12:58:36 pm »
It's just victim blaming nonsense with absolutely no practical reasoning behind it at all. None of what they've advised would have saved Sarah's life because she had no reason not to trust a police officer acting within what she would have assumed to have been his legal duties as a police officer.

It's a joke that after months of this case that's the best the Met can come up with. Especially when their "bad egg" is someone they knew to be a problem but continued to promote him throughout the ranks anyway. This is on them, not the public to resolve.

This was similar to my, somewhat angry, point last night.

This ridiculous solution is basically 'resisting arrest is the only way women can make themselves safe'

She did everything right and he murdered her. I would have done exactly the same in that situation. You can't ask women to judge who and who isn't a bad cop and run away. What types of people would have the confidence to do that? If you are vulnerable and being arrested you certainly wouldn't.

The simple fact is he wasn't an imposter, he was a cop with a warrant card. None of the proposed 'solutions' change that. All the messaging out of the Met is trying to deflect from that, so they don't have to address the institutional problems.

Are all cops bad? Of course fucking not, but there is a permissive culture amongst the whole institution that they are part of, so also responsible for, that allowed this guy to continue in his role. That allows sexual assault and DV complaints against the police to brushed away  and them to stay on duty (if you make a noise we won't have you back when you need us). That allows sexual assault and DV allegations reported to the police not to be taken seriously. That allows women to be minimised and dismissed. That allows people of colour to be suspected, minimised, abused and dismissed.

If those individual cops aren't part of the solution in flushing this into the light and reforming it, they are part of the problem.  People here looking for solutions for 'one bad egg' are part of the problem.

As a woman living in London I'm really chilled at what happened to her and what it means for how women feel and will approach their own safety and how they will approach the police. It's the same story repeated that people of colour face every day.

I'm incandescent at the Met's response to this, it's fucking objectionable and is all about absolving themselves rather than having to take a good hard look at what they are and represent.

And it's not just men by the way Cressida Dick oversaw the operation and then coverup of the killing by police of a completely innocent man, John Charles De Menezes, what happened? She got promoted.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2021, 01:05:23 pm by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #545 on: October 1, 2021, 01:14:18 pm »

This was my, somewhat angry, point last night.

This ridiculous solution is basically 'resisting arrest is the only way women can make themselves safe'

She did everything right and he murdered her. I would have done exactly the same in that situation. You can't ask women to judge who and who isn't a bad cop and run away. What types of people would have the confidence to do that? If you are vulnerable and being arrested you certainly wouldn't.

The simple fact is he wasn't an imposter, he was a cop with a warrant card. None of the proposed 'solutions' change that. All the messaging out of the Met is trying to deflect from that, so they don't have to address the institutional problems.

Are all cops bad? Of course fucking not, but there is a permissive culture amongst the whole institution that they are part of, so also responsible for, that allowed this guy to continue in his role. That allows sexual assault and DV complaints against the police to brushed away  and them to stay on duty (if you make a noise we won't have you back when you need us). That allows sexual assault and DV allegations reported to the police not to be taken seriously. That allows women to be minimised and dismissed. That allows people of colour to be suspected, minimised, abused and dismissed.

If those individual cops aren't part of the solution in flushing this into the light and reforming it, they are part of the problem.  People here looking for solutions for 'one bad egg' are part of the problem.

As a woman living in London I'm really chilled at what happened to her and what it means for how women feel and will approach their own safety and how they will approach the police. It's the same story repeated that people of colour face every day.

I'm incandescent at the Met's response to this, it's fucking objectionable and is all about absolving themselves rather than having to take a good hard look at what they are and represent.

On the question of police culture.
Police, for many valid reasons, tend to mix socially with police. As a result they become tribal and live in a bubble of opinion and very often prejudice.
I know of police who genuinely still believe that Hillsborough was caused by the fans because their bubble can’t allow for any criticism or failings, and they “know what football fans are like”.
30 years after the event and after an inquest which squarely said the police were to blame for the disaster and the deaths, there is a wall of silence. Officers won’t break their Omertà. They were advised by their Federation reps not to co- operate with the inquests or with Resolve - I remember the radio interview where a fed rep was spewing bullshit about the reasons for police officers not helping with a police investigation.
The officers in the Met have covered up for their own on many occasions, similarly because they feel it’s them against the world, Lawrence, Menendez, and so on.
It will never change whilst the top officer is part of that culture of protecting her officers regardless.
A good leader looks after their people, but only as long as they stay within the rules. Other wise they lose moral leadership and become part of the problem.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: October 1, 2021, 01:25:50 pm »
Flippin hec I thought I was aware of a few things but 80 women killed since March. Fucking hell mate that's a shock.

Genuinely shocked by those numbers. And the amount of murder-suicides in there, absolute cowards.

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: October 1, 2021, 01:30:13 pm »
On the question of police culture.
Police, for many valid reasons, tend to mix socially with police. As a result they become tribal and live in a bubble of opinion and very often prejudice.
I know of police who genuinely still believe that Hillsborough was caused by the fans because their bubble can’t allow for any criticism or failings, and they “know what football fans are like”.
30 years after the event and after an inquest which squarely said the police were to blame for the disaster and the deaths, there is a wall of silence. Officers won’t break their Omertà. They were advised by their Federation reps not to co- operate with the inquests or with Resolve - I remember the radio interview where a fed rep was spewing bullshit about the reasons for police officers not helping with a police investigation.
The officers in the Met have covered up for their own on many occasions, similarly because they feel it’s them against the world, Lawrence, Menendez, and so on.
It will never change whilst the top officer is part of that culture of protecting her officers regardless.
A good leader looks after their people, but only as long as they stay within the rules. Other wise they lose moral leadership and become part of the problem.

Yes, this is a very good and salient point too.

The abuse of police power, they can basically use coercive powers with no accountability good blog on it here...https://davidallengreen.com/2021/10/why-the-advice-of-the-metropolitan-police-that-those-concerned-by-wrongful-arrest-wave-down-a-bus-is-besides-the-point/
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: October 1, 2021, 01:35:01 pm »

This was similar to my, somewhat angry, point last night.

And it's not just men by the way Cressida Dick oversaw the operation and then coverup of the killing by police of a completely innocent man, John Charles De Menezes, what happened? She got promoted.

Spot on again. Sums up the point I was making this morning but far more articulate than I could manage in my angry state.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: October 1, 2021, 02:21:02 pm »
More nonsense from a Police Commissioner

Speaking about the case, North Yorkshire commissioner Philip Allott said Ms Everard "never should have submitted" to the arrest.

"So women, first of all, need to be streetwise about when they can be arrested and when they can't be arrested. She should never have been arrested and submitted to that," he said.

"Perhaps women need to consider in terms of the legal process, to just learn a bit about that legal process".

But they're not victim blaming, nope, just some sensible advice.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: October 1, 2021, 02:26:42 pm »
Sorry mate, I'm not submitting to this arrest. Can we all try that one!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: October 1, 2021, 02:29:22 pm »

It's also bullshit. An off duty police officer can arrest you https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/ask-the-police/question/Q674

The elected police commissioner should resign
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: October 1, 2021, 02:33:28 pm »

Par for the course I'm afraid.

The filth stink to high heaven!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: October 1, 2021, 02:35:15 pm »
It's also bullshit. An off duty police officer can arrest you https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/ask-the-police/question/Q674

The elected police commissioner should resign

Hence the saying, a copper is never off duty.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #554 on: October 1, 2021, 02:41:39 pm »

Well this one is clearly victim blaming and utterly ridiculous

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 1, 2021, 02:43:52 pm »
'one bad apple' 'one scum bag'

do fuck off.

He had multiple allegations of  indecent exposure that were'n't investigated. He was know as 'rapist' by previous colleagues for his creepy behaviour around women. He shared violent misogynistic messages to his colleagues in their whatsapp group

They knew who he was and did fuck all because he was 'one of theirs'. As they do all the fucking time. The police service is institutionally racist and misogynistic, police officers abuse their power aots and get away with appalling behaviour all the fucking time. Needs fundamental fucking reform.

Google 'sexual misconduct allegations in the police'

Google 'victims of police domestic violence' and 'silenced'

Google "Kate Wilson'

and then go and find out about Jean Charles de Menezes

Then come back and tell me the problem is one bad guy.

Yours

a woman.

Sorry but what a load of strawman bollocks - Steve ddnt say "one bad apple": or "one Scum bag", did he???

his main point was that if the murderer wasn't a copper hed have still gone on to commit this crime and you cant refute that

Being a policeman was part of his MO - In the same way Dennis Nielsen didnt kill because he was a gay. but being gay was part of his MO

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #556 on: October 1, 2021, 02:47:19 pm »

A Killing in Tiger Bay

I remember that notorious case at the time, the real killer was caught over a decade later & pleaded guilty at trial.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lynette_White

#Sausages

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: October 1, 2021, 02:50:40 pm »
Good to see the sentence was as harsh as it could have been

its a really heart breaking case

what can we do to teach young men/boys to have more respect to women?

Im not suggesting wolf whistlers go on to be rapists, but if that kind of thing was called out more and we lost the 'boys will be boys'
attitude then society might start going in the right direction on mysogyny, make it taboo like racism and drink driving

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #558 on: October 1, 2021, 02:57:16 pm »
This crime is heinous but not liking the shouts for the death penalty.  Don't want that bringing back ever.

Agreed, I have always said that our society should be judged on how we treat perpetrators of heinous crimes, that is not a road to go down.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: October 1, 2021, 02:58:01 pm »
I remember that notorious case at the time, the real killer was caught over a decade later & pleaded guilty at trial.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lynette_White

I'd never heard of it, until I saw the preview on TV (whilst I was in Wales). 

Watched it from beginning to end in shock and disbelief.  There was a witness that saw a white man standing outside the flat the morning after, covered in blood and acting strange.  Instead, they decide to fit-up five men with brown skin.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2021, 02:59:32 pm by Red-Soldier »