Author Topic: Rhys Williams  (Read 77810 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Rhys Williams
« on: October 1, 2020, 09:59:27 pm »
Couldn't find a thread on the lad, apologies if there is one..if not..he deserves one.

Played extremely well tonight, well enough to get my MOTM.

Bright future.

Trust in Jurgen.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rhys Williams
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2020, 10:00:54 pm »
Has a very good game, not quite man of the match for me (I think Grujic was excellent) but yes the lad has a bright future and that is hopefully with us
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2020, 10:01:48 pm »
Must be the hair
« Last Edit: October 2, 2020, 08:30:02 am by Ravishing Rick Rude »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2020, 10:02:28 pm »
Be interesting to see if  hes loaned out again

Looks the part

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2020, 10:02:59 pm »
Thought he was better tonight than he was against Lincoln, which is a very promising sign.  He's one player who definitely does need to beef up a bit, but he's still so young.

Want to see him in a foot race with a speedster to get an idea of how agile and quick he is, but he won a lot in the air and was composed on the ball.  Good stuff.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2020, 10:03:48 pm »
Doing himself a bit of a favour, even if he's likely to move. The clubs he can look at now are way better than they were a month ago.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2020, 10:04:55 pm »
Two good performances. His positioning is excellent already. Needs to improve his touch and heading technique (He wins most aerial duels but he can't seem to get much power behind them, still very very young and that can easily be improved) and he'll be world class.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2020, 10:05:47 pm »
Doing himself a bit of a favour, even if he's likely to move. The clubs he can look at now are way better than they were a month ago.

Move? I assume you mean on loan?

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 1, 2020, 10:07:10 pm »
From Kidderminster to playing alongside VVD at Anfield.

Thought he was excellent tonight, calm and confident beyond his age and inexperience. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for him this season, think Klopp and the coaches will have been very impressed by the way he's adapted and settled into the team when he's been given an opportunity.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2020, 10:08:11 pm »
Thought he was better tonight than he was against Lincoln, which is a very promising sign.  He's one player who definitely does need to beef up a bit, but he's still so young.
Exactly my thoughts, he was very good tonight. Lincoln funnily enough are a lot closer to the level his major senior appearances have been at, with 6th tier Kidderminster. We need to be careful with managing a bulk up, he’s still very young for that so it might be 2/3 years before we see a more powerful Williams. Time is on his side with that though.

Impressive tonight.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2020, 10:08:37 pm »
Move? I assume you mean on loan?

Yes correct, probably gone from League 2 to maybe even a good League 1 side.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2020, 10:10:27 pm »
Yes correct, probably gone from League 2 to maybe even a good League 1 side.

Ah yeah, totally agree.

I’d maybe consider keeping him around the squad until January. He’d do a lot worse than spend a couple of months around our squad, VVD in particular, and our coaching staff.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2020, 10:11:50 pm »
Rhys Williams. Half Virgil Van Dijk, half poodle.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2020, 10:13:30 pm »
Lacklustre against Lincoln he was really good tonight. Performance is heading in the right direction.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2020, 10:20:06 pm »
Struggled a bit in the second half against Lincoln, but he was excellent tonight. Held the line very well, did very well when forced to turn towards the goal or head the ball while backpedalling a few times. Also dealt with their press quite well, only misplaced passes a couple of times. On the whole a very encouraging performance.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 1, 2020, 10:22:39 pm »
From Kidderminster to playing alongside VVD at Anfield.

Thought he was excellent tonight, calm and confident beyond his age and inexperience. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for him this season, think Klopp and the coaches will have been very impressed by the way he's adapted and settled into the team when he's been given an opportunity.

Yep, was really good tonight, interesting prospect!

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 1, 2020, 10:35:04 pm »
Very, very impressed with him again. Not at all suggesting he'll become anything like as good a defender, but I think it's remarkable how much he looks like Van Dijk from a distance - his size and body shape and the way he moves and plays the ball are very similar to Virgil. Thought he was superb and, as a few have said, it's encouraging that he actually went up a level against better opposition. I'm very curious to see if he can keep progressing.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: October 1, 2020, 10:43:22 pm »
Great talent and fantastic composure. Wasn't afraid to win duels in the air. He has enough composure to play in the PL, which is important for a CB. Imo, We could keep him as the emergency option and loan VDB. That would help us use Fabinho in midfield even if 2 of our 3 senior CBs are out.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #18 on: October 1, 2020, 10:49:21 pm »
Thought he played well tonight.  Shame we’re out, as he could have got further opportunities to play this season

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 1, 2020, 11:02:24 pm »
looked very good.. some good tackles

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2020, 11:09:17 pm »
Great talent and fantastic composure. Wasn't afraid to win duels in the air. He has enough composure to play in the PL, which is important for a CB. Imo, We could keep him as the emergency option and loan VDB. That would help us use Fabinho in midfield even if 2 of our 3 senior CBs are out.

to be honest at present he looks much the better prospect, albeit he is a little older than VDB

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #21 on: October 1, 2020, 11:12:36 pm »
He's come from nowhere in my mind. I assumed Sepp was first back up from the ressies. Then Koumetio did well pre-season. I know little about our ressies now - what's the order, can someone enlighten me?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #22 on: October 1, 2020, 11:19:21 pm »
Exactly my thoughts, he was very good tonight. Lincoln funnily enough are a lot closer to the level his major senior appearances have been at, with 6th tier Kidderminster. We need to be careful with managing a bulk up, he’s still very young for that so it might be 2/3 years before we see a more powerful Williams. Time is on his side with that though.

Impressive tonight.
He did really well and offered more than I expected (mostly because I don't know much about him). But to surpass VDB (Koumetio may not have recovered yet?) means something. he also grew in confidence by VVD, and continued in the same vein alongside Big Joe. Not to get too excited, but he's got bright future if he keeps on this learning curve. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: October 1, 2020, 11:30:57 pm »
Between him and Jota for man of the match.  Hugely impressive for a kid of his age.

Seems to be a big talker too.  Every time the camera focussed on him you could see him making himself heard.

Think we've got ourselves a good'un here.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 2, 2020, 01:12:02 am »
Who is this lad? Come from nowhere and looked really good
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #25 on: October 2, 2020, 01:42:28 am »
I'd not heard of him until last week, looked alright against Lincoln but really stood out tonight, surprised to see he'd only played 'proper football' on loan in the conference. Wonder if there's any club at around league 1 level who'd fancy taking him on loan?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26 on: October 2, 2020, 08:29:29 am »
There was a good piece on The Athletic about how we sent him to non league to help him mature and help him grow as a defender dealing with non league football. That seems a sound decision. A lot of young players would think its beneath them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #27 on: October 2, 2020, 08:31:57 am »
Has a wiry frame but will put bulk on im sure.
Was good in possession and not easily flapped. I liked his recent performances, hopefully he can kick on
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 2, 2020, 09:10:21 am »
National League North to look assured at Anfield against Arsenal.

Really impressive performance. Hopefully we see get to see more of him in the FA Cup.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2020, 09:36:25 am »
There was a good piece on The Athletic about how we sent him to non league to help him mature and help him grow as a defender dealing with non league football. That seems a sound decision. A lot of young players would think its beneath them.

I read that - to 'man up' it said. He broke his nose and also got sent off and banned for three games. More manly than I've ever been!
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #31 on: October 2, 2020, 12:56:09 pm »
Thought he was outstanding again, plenty to work on but a lot of that will come as his body fills out. Shame there probably won’t be many opportunities for him until the new year.

Offline Kadafi

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: October 2, 2020, 02:54:17 pm »
Just to add to some very good points being made, it may just be me but I felt that Rhys looked much better running than on previous occasions. It looked like he was tredding water at times against Lincoln. He looked like a natural athlete yesterday (on the other occasions I watched him I though his running style was similar to Xabi in some ways)

To become a starter here long term would require pace, I would think, due to the high line we play normally. Having said that, we managed with Lovren who has a similar build and speed.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 2, 2020, 02:56:19 pm »
Saw him a couple of times for Kiddy last year - It was obvious he was too good for that level and its nice to see him getting a chance with the first team.

Needs to have a word with Virg though about getting a tight man bun
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #34 on: October 3, 2020, 09:03:52 am »
Could have a big future here if he continues to progress. He's moved in front of Sepp in my opinion, so he's a realistic 4th / 5th choice CB now.  Might save the club a few bob as well. in the future.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 3, 2020, 09:19:34 am »
Looks good. A good gym routine wouldn't go amiss though. Definitely needs to bulk up a bit before being able to play more regularly at CB at senior level.

By time that opportunity comes, I'm sure he will have.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #36 on: October 4, 2020, 12:04:06 pm »
Getting called up to the England U21’s, apparently.
AHA!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37 on: October 4, 2020, 12:32:22 pm »
Getting called up to the England U21’s, apparently.

What a couple of weeks for the fella.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 4, 2020, 12:49:56 pm »
meteoric rise to u21s

Pleased for him

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: October 4, 2020, 12:52:28 pm »

Yes apparently made a couple of right howlers in his first couple of games but put his hand up and accepted responsibility like a man, this from a 17 yr old kid in a team if journeymen.  After that they called him Virgil or something like that.  The Kidderminster boss was glowing in his praise.