Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 991319 times)

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The PL run-in
« Reply #13440 on: May 22, 2022, 07:50:10 pm »
Cyclists did really well to push Lance Armstrong. It doesn't mean the club shouldn't speak out. City have been found guilty of financial doping twice by UEFA whilst the Premier League still haven't handed down any punishment.

Burnley and Leeds have spoken out about Everton's financial shenanigans, whilst we have remained silent.

The club needs to speak out. If they don't, it is only going to get worse with the Saudi takeover of Newcastle.

Some of the others were doing the same thing. European sports authorities didn't care. It was anti-dopng authorities in US who took him down.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13441 on: May 22, 2022, 07:52:00 pm »
There’s a major tournament in November. Yay

But that affects all clubs….

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #13442 on: May 22, 2022, 07:53:13 pm »
ah...so very close...again.. but onto next weekend.. make it 7 Lads... one last push...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #13443 on: May 22, 2022, 07:54:25 pm »
Manchester City would like to sincerely apologise to Aston Villa goalkeeper Robin Olsen, who was assaulted after the final whistle at today’s match when fans entered the pitch.
The Club has launched an immediate investigation and once identified, the individual responsible will be issued with an indefinite stadium ban.

Classy

"In a weird development, it has been established that a time machine has been invented. The assault on Olsen caused consussion, and this is believed to have been responsible for his hapless performance previously in the match"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13444 on: May 22, 2022, 07:55:20 pm »
But that affects all clubs….

Not equally. Some players will probably pick up season ending injuries in the World Cup.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13445 on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:15 pm »
Probably the most gutting one yet. Yes we have an incredible team but just get the feeling there's only so many times we can keep pushing for these 90+ point seasons and yet again we come up short.

Next season they have Haaland and if De Bruyne is as good again he's basically unplayable, they'll be up there again with 95+ again.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13446 on: May 22, 2022, 08:01:04 pm »
Probably the most gutting one yet. Yes we have an incredible team but just get the feeling there's only so many times we can keep pushing for these 90+ point seasons and yet again we come up short.

Next season they have Haaland and if De Bruyne is as good again he's basically unplayable, they'll be up there again with 95+ again.

Fucking hell man you do know a 90 plus point season resulted in a league title?

Why the fuck are Liverpool fans forgetting we have won a league title?

Some of you are fucking bellends.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13447 on: May 22, 2022, 08:02:11 pm »
I just wish Pep would fuck off. Sick of this crap. Best Liverpool side in over a generation and we have to tell with this doped up abomination with a obsessives as their manager. Soon as he leaves I doubt we will see this many 90+ winners. Just hope we get a few seasons with Klopp after he pisses off.  :no

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13448 on: May 22, 2022, 08:04:22 pm »

The problem is that no one in the public eye is really calling them out properly. Get Donal McIntyre on the case
You'd nearly rather them win each season but 20+ points before anyone would raise an eyelid. Even carragher can't get enough of them
I bet if Ferguson was still managing he'd have something  to say

Give it another few seasons, when we don't have klopp, and Newcastle have done a 'city' footy in the premiership will well and truely be dead.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13449 on: May 22, 2022, 08:04:33 pm »
Nearly there but not quite.

Thought we had it for a few seconds as news filtered through villa had equaliser but alas it was short lived.

A European cup win willl be a nice little pick me up. Onto the next one, Reds.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13450 on: May 22, 2022, 08:04:53 pm »

Probably but they're already consistently a 90-100 point team, it's hard to see how they become much better over 38 games.

While they'll be bedding in a striker who, although ridiculously talented,.doesn't exactly fit their style of play, we should have a lot more rhythm and a settled way of playing. As I said earlier, we definitely need to hit the ground running and take the second half of this season's stability into a full campaign.

In the end we squandered one too many winning positions compared to City who won all bar one (against us) when they scored first.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13451 on: May 22, 2022, 08:05:22 pm »

You seem to get really aggressive at the concept of Liverpool fans wanting to win another league title.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13452 on: May 22, 2022, 08:06:47 pm »
You seem to get really aggressive at the concept of Liverpool fans wanting to win another league title.

He said how often can this side put out unrewarded 90 point seasons. We havent always been left unrewarded for a 90 point season.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #13453 on: May 22, 2022, 08:07:31 pm »
The key to winning the league is to get ahead of City and stay ahead of them, unfortunately they are great front runners. We can't rely on any teams doing us favours, it's never works out like that for us. Next season we will come flying out of the blocks like in 19/20 and we know what happened then, we won it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13454 on: May 22, 2022, 08:08:15 pm »
He said how often can this side put out unrewarded 90 point seasons. We havent always been left unrewarded for a 90 point season.

Well it’s two so far. And one ‘rewarded’ one. Pretty unlucky however you look at it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13455 on: May 22, 2022, 08:08:41 pm »
Sorry for ruining the thread a few pages back with my argument with that Caligula poster. A few ales in me and emotions running high straight after the match so I do apologise.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13456 on: May 22, 2022, 08:08:42 pm »
I feel a bit sick still. Partly because it was my stag do this weekend so feeling the after effects...

It's just so hard to take.

Please win in Paris.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13457 on: May 22, 2022, 08:09:32 pm »

This is our 3rd title in 4 years if it wasn’t for this doped up City side.

It genuinely sucks that we only have one league title to show for all the incredible work Jurgen and the boys have put in.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13458 on: May 22, 2022, 08:09:36 pm »
We also need to make City the chasers next season as they aren’t very good at it compared to being the leaders.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13459 on: May 22, 2022, 08:10:05 pm »
Well it’s two so far. And one ‘rewarded’ one. Pretty unlucky however you look at it.

So we get rewarded for one but the other ones mean we cry in a corner and ask oh woe is me.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #13460 on: May 22, 2022, 08:10:21 pm »
It genuinely sucks that we only have one league title to show for all the incredible work Jurgen and the boys have put in.

And we couldn't even celebrate it, that's what gets me.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13461 on: May 22, 2022, 08:11:00 pm »

1 league, 1 CL, 1 FA Cup, 1 League cup. We will win more leagues.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13462 on: May 22, 2022, 08:11:01 pm »
And we couldn't even celebrate it, that's what gets me.

Parade next week
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13463 on: May 22, 2022, 08:12:05 pm »
We lost 2 games in the whole season. Once we give city any chance of over taking us in the league you can kiss it goodbye. Incredible by us but it’s never good enough

The league is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13464 on: May 22, 2022, 08:13:15 pm »
We lost 2 games in the whole season. Once we give city any chance of over taking us in the league you can kiss it goodbye. Incredible by us but it’s never good enough

The league is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

It's at the point now where I might only bother with the cups, they'll be a shoe in for the league from now on, it's pointless this current feeling of deflation again.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #13465 on: May 22, 2022, 08:13:45 pm »
We also need to make City the chasers next season as they aren’t very good at it compared to being the leaders.
Sorry but chasing is exactly what they did to us in 18/19.

The only way is to be perfect against the dross like when we won the league. We almost repeated it this time around only for Brentford and Brighton games when we took our eyes off the ball.

We got 4 more years of Klopp. 1 or 2 leagues and it would be a great job against oilers.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13466 on: May 22, 2022, 08:16:19 pm »
The key to winning the league is to get ahead of City and stay ahead of them, unfortunately they are great front runners. We can't rely on any teams doing us favours, it's never works out like that for us. Next season we will come flying out of the blocks like in 19/20 and we know what happened then, we won it.

Or as a club we could call them out as the cheating bastards they are.

Or should we try and get ahead of them early on as Lance Armstrong's rivals tried to. Today they changed the game by bringing on Sterling and Gündogan. Two players they wouldn't have had a hope of signing without the financial doping.

Burnley and Leeds have called out the obscene cheating of the Petroleum funded clubs. La Liga have called out the obscenity regarding Mbappe's new deal. Why aren't Liverpool calling on the Premier League to sanction City for their obvious FFP breaches.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13467 on: May 22, 2022, 08:16:31 pm »
Yes, it is gutting that villa capitulated with 15 mins roughly left in the game, but as I said their defence is average. Also we had no control over that game whatsoever, we can't control games that we are not playing in. As I said the key to winning the league is to get ahead of City and stay ahead of them, not needing any favours from anyone, like in 19/20

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13468 on: May 22, 2022, 08:17:18 pm »
There is no logical contradiction, KH.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #13469 on: May 22, 2022, 08:17:28 pm »
Today we expected little but somehow got even less than that. It really is the hope that kills you. I'm still sitting here feeling utterly destroyed. I'd little doubt we'd find a winner. I'm still raging at their winner which was indescribably bad defending.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13470 on: May 22, 2022, 08:18:05 pm »
1 league, 1 CL, 1 FA Cup, 1 League cup. We will win more leagues.

Thank you for pointing out the other trophies we have won. All of which are varying degrees of fantastic.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that we should have two more league titles on the Champions Wall.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13471 on: May 22, 2022, 08:19:59 pm »

Yep, it's not like anyone is even blaming the team, it's just rubbish that things haven't quite fallen for us and we're competing against the cheats.

You'd have to be a psychopath to not feel a little bit deflated after today.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13472 on: May 22, 2022, 08:21:44 pm »
Today we expected little but somehow got even less than that. It really is the hope that kills you. I'm still sitting here feeling utterly destroyed. I'd little doubt we'd find a winner. I'm still raging at their winner which was indescribably bad defending.

It's so stupid. Blows my mind how many far post tap ins they get. Can't wrap my head around it. THEY ARE GOING TO PASS IT TO THE BACK POST. So sick of sides falling a sleep vs them.  :no

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #13473 on: May 22, 2022, 08:23:52 pm »
It's so stupid. Blows my mind how many far post tap ins they get. Can't wrap my head around it. THEY ARE GOING TO PASS IT TO THE BACK POST. So sick of sides falling a sleep vs them.  :no
It was the kind of goal you'd see in the Sunday league. It will be heralded as a great comeback but in reality they did nothing special. Piled forward hoping for the best and as is often the case the opposition fell apart.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #13474 on: May 22, 2022, 08:24:48 pm »
What happened to Villa, did anyone watch it? Did they go two up and then sit back or were they still going for more goals? Tactical changes/player changes?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #13475 on: May 22, 2022, 08:24:50 pm »
Personally I think any other top coach instead of that bald prick and we would have won more leagues last few years.

As much as I hate the guy he has squeezed a lot more out of them than most other coaches out there would have.

Today is extremely painful but if we win next weekend - 2 CLs and PL in a couple of years is gonna feel incredibly satifsfying.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13476 on: May 22, 2022, 08:25:32 pm »
Crying, feeling sorry for ourselves is not going to change anything, what's done is done the league season is over. Yes it is gutting but we have a Champions league final to look forward to. And there is always next season. Klopp and the players have shown time and again that they use heartbreak as motivation. City know that we are not going anywhere, I'm pretty confident we win the league next season.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13477 on: May 22, 2022, 08:26:05 pm »

Yes and it was amazing. It doesn't make me any less deflated today. It still stings we couldn't truly celebrate it, that Anfield still doesn't have that special champions moment. That at 75 minutes today you felt we were going to get that league winning goal.

I'm also delighted we've got the two pots and Klopp has finished the collection, and if we make it 7 next week it'll be long forgotten.

I'm just so deflated right now what should be a dynasty is being denied.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13478 on: May 22, 2022, 08:27:26 pm »

The point he's making is that 90+ points is what you basically now have to get to beat the money doped up oil baron cheating bastards. It's galling. Literally 10 out of 10 times since the league started, you get to 100 points, the league is yours. We assemble a team capable of breaking the 100 points multiple times, and one league title is what we get out of it, and even then the dirty conniving c*nts tried to deny us it. Something has got to give otherwise it'll be the SPL where you have one team winning it for 10 years in a row.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13479 on: May 22, 2022, 08:27:28 pm »
City are simply a far better team and would still have won even if they didn't score from there.