Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 806314 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #7560 on: March 21, 2024, 04:35:22 pm »
Both of those would be in my Liverpool team I'd love to watch the most (not the best, but good and good on the eye), imagine those two with Jari Litmanen, John Barnes and Kenny Dalglish

I would suggest big Jan could also be used as a sweeper ?  Obviously we need to know what Jan thinks of that
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7561 on: March 21, 2024, 04:44:16 pm »
funny enough, Jari Litmanen is actually signing a treble shirt for me today

Look forward to having it back, have Owen, Berger, Fowler, Hyypia, Barmby, Arphexad and Staunton on it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #7562 on: March 21, 2024, 05:04:49 pm »
Definitely no luck with timing, Litmanen would have shown more under just about any other manager we had in the last 30 years (Hodgson aside)

According to Litmanen, it had more to do with Phil Thompson than GH.

Recovered and revitalised, Litmanen sparked into life in his second season at Liverpool. “I played much more with Houllier but when he had his heart problem, Phil Thompson came in,” says Litmanen. “My minutes dropped down. Suddenly I didn’t play at all. I remember there were two games in four days in September 2001, Tottenham and Dynamo Kyiv, where I scored the only goals in two 1-0 wins. It took another month for me to start another league match. As a player, you think: ‘What did I do wrong?’ But I never asked why. I have never said anything negative about players or staff.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/17/jari-litmanen-on-ajax-barca-and-a-wrist-that-broke-into-eight-pieces

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7563 on: March 21, 2024, 05:09:05 pm »
According to Litmanen, it had more to do with Phil Thompson than GH.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/17/jari-litmanen-on-ajax-barca-and-a-wrist-that-broke-into-eight-pieces

I loved watching Jari in a Liverpool shirt. The high point for me was a game away at Villa, he and Gerrard were just an incredible pair, ran the whole game. It is still a mystery why this wonderful player never got the games he deserved.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7564 on: March 21, 2024, 05:10:28 pm »
dang

he was absolutely wasted with us

I remember a poster here called Sair, big big Litmanen fan

she said she was convinced Houllier only bought him so no one else would (Arsenal you would imagine would have been perfect)

Certainly makes sense when you think about it

In a roy evans team he would have been amazing with Fowler

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #7565 on: March 21, 2024, 07:41:16 pm »
Did he wank into your favourite sock or something?

Pissed on my cornflakes.

Twice.
Kill the humourless

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #7566 on: March 22, 2024, 07:38:58 am »
Just two more months to go and then he will be someone else's problem. Thiago is far more talented but even Keita contributed more.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7567 on: March 22, 2024, 08:36:34 am »
Such a brilliant footballer. When he was fit he must have been Jurgen's 'first name on the team sheet'. I feel privileged to have seen him play for the Reds.

I completely disagree that he contributed less than Keita. Thiago imposed himself on games, against our biggest rivals, consistently. Keita simply didn't do this.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7568 on: March 22, 2024, 08:43:19 am »
Such a brilliant footballer. When he was fit he must have been Jurgen's 'first name on the team sheet'. I feel privileged to have seen him play for the Reds.

I completely disagree that he contributed less than Keita. Thiago imposed himself on games, against our biggest rivals, consistently. Keita simply didn't do this.

Not to do down Thiago, who I think often held our midfield together in 21/22 and did his best to in 22/23. But I do want to defend Keita because he consistently played well for us when he was fit. And at times he was outstanding. His performance against City in the FA Cup semis in '22. was one of the best pressing performances from a midfielder I've seen. Especially in the first 55 minutes or so.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7569 on: March 22, 2024, 08:45:13 am »
Would love him to stick around on the coaching staff.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7570 on: March 25, 2024, 03:22:08 pm »
When's his testimonial?

For me, he's been my biggest disappointment.

No one was more optimistic about what he could've done for us.  I thought he was the final piece.

Don't see why we're wasting money getting him fit for his next team.
Kill the humourless

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7571 on: March 25, 2024, 03:29:46 pm »
When's his testimonial?

No one was more optimistic about what he could've done for us.  I thought he was the final piece.

Don't see why we're wasting money getting him fit for his next team.

Because he's under a contract we decided to give to him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7572 on: March 25, 2024, 03:33:17 pm »

He can get his cheque anywhere, does it have to be delivered to the treatment room?
Kill the humourless

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7573 on: March 25, 2024, 03:38:12 pm »
Because he's under a contract we decided to give to him.

He's not having a testimonial surely?  ;D

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7574 on: March 25, 2024, 03:38:43 pm »

You're welcome to your opinion but I disagree. Keita was superb in the Manu 5-0 and also the City FA Cup win. He was also excellent in the Quadruple season in Europe.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7575 on: March 25, 2024, 03:42:41 pm »
You're welcome to your opinion but I disagree. Keita was superb in the Manu 5-0 and also the City FA Cup win. He was also excellent in the Quadruple season in Europe.
both cut from the same cloth

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7576 on: March 25, 2024, 03:44:43 pm »

I agree.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7577 on: March 25, 2024, 03:44:58 pm »

don't cut them - they may never stop bleeding.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7578 on: March 25, 2024, 03:47:09 pm »

We can tell with the amount of digs you keep bumping this thread with to be fair!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7579 on: March 25, 2024, 03:49:03 pm »
He's not having a testimonial surely?  ;D

No, I was referring to the getting him fit for next season part. He's on our books, it's our obligation.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7580 on: March 25, 2024, 04:13:08 pm »
No, I was referring to the getting him fit for next season part. He's on our books, it's our obligation.

Oh Ok, yeah whilst he's still a Liverpool player we have to try and get him fit. Wonder where he will go next season? Can't see him in Saudi, back to Spain maybe? could go back to his boyhood club, whoever that is.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7581 on: March 25, 2024, 05:10:28 pm »
Oh Ok, yeah whilst he's still a Liverpool player we have to try and get him fit. Wonder where he will go next season? Can't see him in Saudi, back to Spain maybe? could go back to his boyhood club, whoever that is.

Barca? He's 32 and injury prone, that sounds right up their alley.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7582 on: March 25, 2024, 05:24:49 pm »

His boyhood club was Flamengo. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the Middle East. His younger brother Rafinha who was with him at Barca is at Qatar Stars League club Al-Arabi.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7583 on: March 25, 2024, 06:09:01 pm »
Is he definitely finished ?

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #7584 on: March 25, 2024, 06:12:02 pm »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7585 on: March 25, 2024, 06:26:31 pm »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7586 on: March 25, 2024, 06:43:48 pm »
He can get his cheque anywhere, does it have to be delivered to the treatment room?
I can't imagine it's costing us much in the way of money or resources. Unless he's kicking off, why would it matter?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7587 on: March 25, 2024, 08:41:31 pm »

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7588 on: March 25, 2024, 09:01:30 pm »

Keita and Thiago were both superb in the City semi. Thiago a few days later in the 4-0 v Utd was unplayable though.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7589 on: March 25, 2024, 10:12:30 pm »
I can't imagine it's costing us much in the way of money or resources. Unless he's kicking off, why would it matter?
His wages are significant even for a club like us.We simply can't afford to pay someone that's missed so many games that amount of money especially with the FFP restrictions.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7590 on: March 25, 2024, 10:30:20 pm »
His wages are significant even for a club like us.We simply can't afford to pay someone that's missed so many games that amount of money especially with the FFP restrictions.

No one is saying extend his contract.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7591 on: March 25, 2024, 10:33:32 pm »
No one is saying extend his contract.
I didn't say anything about extending his deal. I was just saying that the amount is significant.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7592 on: March 25, 2024, 10:51:54 pm »
I didn't say anything about extending his deal. I was just saying that the amount is significant.
that post was about the cost of treating his injuries, not the cost of his contract  - the bitter jambutty was bemoaning (yet again) that the club are seemingly aiding him in recovering from injury

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7593 on: March 25, 2024, 10:55:57 pm »
Pathetic behaviour bumping his thread every few days just to repeat the same shit in different words.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #7594 on: March 25, 2024, 10:59:13 pm »
Imagine trying to sign a player in the future and telling them if you get a career-threatening injury that they’ll need to dip their hand in their own pocket or bell their local surgery at half 8 in the morning and get in the queue? Players would be jumping at the chance to come.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7595 on: March 25, 2024, 11:02:48 pm »
Imagine trying to sign a player in the future and telling them if you get a career-threatening injury that they’ll need to dip their hand in their own pocket or bell their local surgery at half 8 in the morning and get in the queue? Players would be jumping at the chance to come.

You’ll never walk alone… But if you’re struggling to walk then fuck off.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7596 on: March 25, 2024, 11:07:48 pm »
that post was about the cost of treating his injuries, not the cost of his contract  - the bitter jambutty was bemoaning (yet again) that the club are seemingly aiding him in recovering from injury
👍

He's right. It's insignificant.

The club should have insurance anyway.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #7597 on: March 26, 2024, 01:35:52 am »
Pathetic behaviour bumping his thread every few days just to repeat the same shit in different words.
Is right.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #7598 on: March 26, 2024, 01:50:03 am »
Keita and Thiago were both superb in the City semi. Thiago a few days later in the 4-0 v Utd was unplayable though.

Man U were an absolute disgrace in that game. A non-league team would have shown more fight so our midfield could do what they wanted.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7599 on: March 26, 2024, 04:11:54 am »

Repeating the same pathetic behaviour every few days, bumping the thread to say the same shit in different words.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258