Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1755258 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2020, 12:32:06 pm »
Lazio's sporting director really not happy with David Silva signing for Real Sociedad. Has released a statement saying he "respects him as a player but not as a man".

Having been at Abu Dhabi for 10 years, it’s not a surprise that David Silva isn’t big on class  :P

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2020, 12:34:11 pm »
Dom King says Everton in advanced talks for Atletico Madrid's right back Santiago Arias. He's 28, and currently back-up to Trippier. Used to play for PSV and Brands brought him there... not exactly outside of the box thinking.

But Atletico knocked us out of Europe - so they're signing a winner with pedigree really. Clever.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2020, 12:36:46 pm »
In one from LFC Transfers Past, Bild are saying Dortmund will look to offload Dahoud this summer.

Screams an Arsenal signing but they've got Pep 2.0 now and sacked all their scouting so... who's his agent?

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2020, 01:13:02 pm »
In one from LFC Transfers Past, Bild are saying Dortmund will look to offload Dahoud this summer.

That doesn't surprise me - started 6 games all season, and is probably at best 4th best in the CM role at the club (as the minutes played suggests), and that's only if you don't count Guerrero and Reus in the group of "CMs"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2020, 01:15:07 pm »
Joe Hart to Spurs confirmed. Two-year deal.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2020, 02:02:03 pm »
I guess you could do worse for a 3rd keeper

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2020, 02:24:58 pm »
I guess you could do worse for a 3rd keeper

Gotta be the easiest job in the world. I wonder what his wages are.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2020, 02:28:10 pm »
Screams an Arsenal signing but they've got Pep 2.0 now and sacked all their scouting so... who's his agent?

Pretty sure it used to be the same as whoever Emre Can had.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2020, 02:36:23 pm »
Higuain's warning to Messi: Premier League defenders kick you and freekicks aren't called

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/08/18/5f3bb93e46163f49978b45cc.html

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2020, 02:45:03 pm »
Gotta be the easiest job in the world. I wonder what his wages are.

I'd have expected a bunch of clubs to be offering him a 2nd GK position, has his stock fallen so low recently?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2020, 02:45:17 pm »

If they just want a homegrown keeper to be third choice, I am sure they could have gotten someone from Championship or League 1 on lower wages and who is just as good as Hart. Hart also brings unnecessary media attention with him.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2020, 03:07:17 pm »
Higuain's warning to Messi: Premier League defenders kick you and freekicks aren't called

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/08/18/5f3bb93e46163f49978b45cc.html

Messi's response: "They don't just kick you, some push the back of your head when you're sat on the floor whining about not getting a free kick"

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2020, 03:12:57 pm »

Messi's response: "They don't just kick you, some push the back of your head when you're sat on the floor whining about not getting a free kick"

"In a very strange English accent, as well".

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2020, 03:23:09 pm »
Arsenal have apparently agreed a £22m fee with Lille for Gabriel, a Brazilian CB.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2020, 03:27:07 pm »
They keep buying Brazilian CB’s called Gabriel and one will eventually be good.
AHA!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2020, 03:42:16 pm »
Arsenal have apparently agreed a £22m fee with Lille for Gabriel, a Brazilian CB.
Sources aren't great. I think better sources are saying they're at the negotiating table. Flies in the face of the rumours that Napoli had done a deal.

Would be a very good signing for Arsenal. Can definitely play a higher line that any of their current Centre Backs.

I'm actually a little surprised at the fee given the massive sum they extracted for Pepe. I know the market is different but where there's a need, the fees aren't.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2020, 03:47:09 pm »
Sources aren't great. I think better sources are saying they're at the negotiating table. Flies in the face of the rumours that Napoli had done a deal.

Would be a very good signing for Arsenal. Can definitely play a higher line that any of their current Centre Backs.

I'm actually a little surprised at the fee given the massive sum they extracted for Pepe. I know the market is different but where there's a need, the fees aren't.

They've also got that young St Etienne bloke Saliba to come in after the year loan back there - he was highly rated in France too. 

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2020, 03:51:20 pm »
They've also got that young St Etienne bloke Saliba to come in after the year loan back there - he was highly rated in France too.
I must admit to some jealousy at this one, he looks the real deal when I've seen him play.

Probably not for us, but anyone looking to get a cheaper, young centre half who looks like he could develop into a very good player needs to look at the lad who played alongside Saliba at St Etienne, Wesley Fofana. AC Milan rumoured to be interested. Not as big a prospect as Saliba but certainly will be good enough for European-level competition. I kind of thought when Arsenal were getting linked to Gabriel for more money, why not just sign Fofana as well, he's used to playing alongside Saliba.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2020, 04:37:47 pm »

"Stay down there ye wee shite"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2020, 04:59:48 pm »

''And some unexpectedly speak Spanish as well so you can't even abuse them in your own language and get away with it. ¡Mierda!''
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2020, 05:02:16 pm »

"...and worst of all, they mess up your hair!"
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2020, 05:12:06 pm »

Another player Everton are 'monitoring'.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2020, 05:14:13 pm »
I must admit to some jealousy at this one, he looks the real deal when I've seen him play.

Probably not for us, but anyone looking to get a cheaper, young centre half who looks like he could develop into a very good player needs to look at the lad who played alongside Saliba at St Etienne, Wesley Fofana. AC Milan rumoured to be interested. Not as big a prospect as Saliba but certainly will be good enough for European-level competition. I kind of thought when Arsenal were getting linked to Gabriel for more money, why not just sign Fofana as well, he's used to playing alongside Saliba.

I remember youtube scouting Saliba last summer and really liking him, I've not seen Fofana. I'm not sure it would bode well to get the CB pairing from the team that conceded the 3rd most goals in Ligue 1 and put them in the PL though.

Edit: Just seen that neither Saliba or Fofana have really been first choice for St. Etienne this season. Fofana wins some aerial duels though, sheesh. There's some interesting names in that St. Etienne team.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:18:34 pm by Goalposts for Jumpers »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2020, 05:18:19 pm »
I remember youtube scouting Saliba last summer and really liking him, I've not seen Fofana. I'm not sure it would bode well to get the CB pairing from the team that conceded the 3rd most goals in Ligue 1 and put them in the PL though.
Good point, one that I didn’t consider. Both ones for the future and I don’t watch enough French football to say whether this is a systemic issue with St Etienne themselves, rather than an issue with the two young players. I just know I’ve been impressed with them when I’ve seen them play. Fofana did only come in towards the back end of the season and they improved defensively with him at least.

Saliba the bigger talent for sure.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:20:58 pm by Drinks Sangria »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2020, 05:18:44 pm »

Multi-talented him, was one of the better centres in Rugby Union for a good few years. Nice to see him doing well after switching to football.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2020, 06:31:19 pm »
Ward-Prowse has apparently signed a new 5-year deal with Southampton. I know he's been the captain there, but apart from free kicks I've never really rated him that highly.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2020, 07:02:24 pm »
Ward-Prowse has apparently signed a new 5-year deal with Southampton. I know he's been the captain there, but apart from free kicks I've never really rated him that highly.
He's certainly nowhere near the level of Harrison Reed.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2020, 08:09:58 pm »
Duocore to Everton...

Terms agreed with the player, but Watford want £25m and have rejected their bid.  Seems cheap, but also, hes been well below what he once was.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2020, 08:17:51 pm »
Duocore to Everton...

Terms agreed with the player, but Watford want £25m and have rejected their bid.  Seems cheap, but also, hes been well below what he once was.

seems expensive to me! He’s been pretty shite for a while. 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2020, 10:27:19 pm »
Duocore to Everton...

He'd be a decent signing for them, but what does it say about Gbamin

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2020, 11:46:48 pm »
He'd be a decent signing for them, but what does it say about Gbamin

That hamstring and an achilles injury has kept him out most of the time since he moved to Everton?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2020, 12:12:23 am »

“And then their big hard geordie skipper comes over and glares at you. It’s not fair I tell you Amigo!”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2020, 01:14:11 am »
“And then their big hard geordie skipper comes over and glares at you. It’s not fair I tell you Amigo!”

Surely Messi can tell the difference between a Geordie and a Mackem.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2020, 07:34:11 am »
He's a good fit for their style of play. Good, hard-working, versatile player. He is also a product of their academy and it's always nice to have those around.
And set-pieces are important :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2020, 08:59:15 am »
seems expensive to me! He’s been pretty shite for a while.

But hasn't he scored against us?

If so, that's worth the signing alone.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2020, 09:29:23 am »

Dahoud and that Polish bloke (Zielinski?) were proper sagas weren’t they?! Was that Klopp’s first summer (2016?). So we signed Gino instead. Turned out alright!

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2020, 09:57:26 am »
Duocore to Everton...

He was begging to join us a few years ago ;D that won't go down too well if they sign him.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-move-dream-would-abdoulaye-14457442

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2020, 10:11:08 am »
Duocore to Everton...

Is that the new processor?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: August 19, 2020, 10:13:19 am »
Duocore to Everton...

Sounds like they're getting a fire door.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: August 19, 2020, 10:14:52 am »
Dahoud and that Polish bloke (Zielinski?) were proper sagas weren’t they?! Was that Klopp’s first summer (2016?). So we signed Gino instead. Turned out alright!

Imagine all the extra goals and trophies we'd have won with either of those compared to the 'output' from Gini.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.