Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2507983 times)

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
Re: THE LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9320 on: August 28, 2020, 06:11:15 pm »
I`m starting to think nothing will happen until we actually sell anyone.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9321 on: August 28, 2020, 06:14:45 pm »

Hopefully that doesn't take too long if that's the case otherwise someone else could get in before us.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9322 on: August 28, 2020, 06:28:52 pm »
Meanwhile, Thiago was just spotted outside Klopp's house.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9323 on: August 28, 2020, 07:24:15 pm »

It's difficult, because clearly no-one is banging our door down for any of our surplus players. By all accounts sounds like we're actively trying to move on Grujic, Wilson and Karius but there is no serious interest yet. Feels like teams might get a bit more desperate later in the window but by that point it leaves us in a more difficult position to recruit.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:28:50 pm by Haggis36 »

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9324 on: August 28, 2020, 07:46:04 pm »
I'd say there's zero on RAWK. I'm pretty sure everyone who has said something negative about Reddy is because he writing is spectacularly shit.
With Reddy she just grates on me.

There always seems to be a smart arse edge to anything she says and it becomes annoying after a while - I used to really like her but during the period that she was on the Anfield Wrap regularly she just began to really grate.

I wouldn’t necessarily say her writing is shit, I just don’t think she ever says anything particularly new or interesting, which I suppose amounts to the same thing?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9325 on: August 28, 2020, 09:00:21 pm »
Any ideas what is going to happen with Kamil Grabara this season?  Spent last season on loan at Huddersfield, think he was #1 most of the season there but they've signed another keeper on loan.  What's next for him? 
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9326 on: August 28, 2020, 09:09:25 pm »
Any ideas what is going to happen with Kamil Grabara this season?  Spent last season on loan at Huddersfield, think he was #1 most of the season there but they've signed another keeper on loan.  What's next for him?

I, like pretty much everyone else, am waiting to see what Melissa Reddy has to say before drawing any conclusions.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9327 on: August 28, 2020, 09:19:48 pm »

Didn't he miss most of the season with a serious head injury?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9328 on: August 28, 2020, 09:36:04 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9329 on: August 28, 2020, 10:13:19 pm »
Liverpool continue their pre-season preparations against FA Cup winners Arsenal in the Community Shield on Saturday (16:30 BST), and Klopp says he is "happy" with his squad.

However, while remaining coy on the subject, he did not rule out further transfer activity before the Premier League window closes on 5 October.

"Numbers in the squad make sense, we have a big squad at the moment with a lot of young boys, and the size of the squad is OK," he said.

"I'm happy with what we have but we look constantly for improvement - internally too.

"It will be interesting to see what other teams do but we will deal with our situation as we always have. The philosophy of this club is clear and we will see how much we want to spend."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53944598

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9330 on: August 28, 2020, 10:25:28 pm »
Brazilian outlet Globo saying we've bid for Fluminense's 17 year old keeper Marcelo Pitaluga. Fluminense likely to accept due to financial difficulties . Pitaluga has a German passport so that will ease things

https://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/fluminense/noticia/fluminense-recebe-proposta-do-liverpool-por-marcelo-pitaluga-e-analisa-venda-de-jovem-goleiro.ghtml

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9331 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26:41 pm »
Brazilian outlet Globo saying we've bid for Fluminense's 17 year old keeper Marcelo Pitaluga. Fluminense likely to accept due to financial difficulties . Pitaluga has a German passport so that will ease things

https://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/fluminense/noticia/fluminense-recebe-proposta-do-liverpool-por-marcelo-pitaluga-e-analisa-venda-de-jovem-goleiro.ghtml

Think we’ve only got twelve ish u-18 keepers so would be a useful addition!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9332 on: August 28, 2020, 10:28:05 pm »

Another goalie? Just in case the other 10 teenage goalies we seem to have aren’t enough?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9333 on: August 28, 2020, 10:30:15 pm »
He defo knows the right people  :P

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9334 on: August 28, 2020, 10:56:32 pm »
What happened to Mungo Jerry?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9335 on: August 28, 2020, 11:04:57 pm »
Maybe our analytics crew have stumbled onto a new formation to exploit teams with?

7 keepers

TAA VVD

Thiago

Messi

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9336 on: August 28, 2020, 11:07:24 pm »
Think it’s from some interview coming at 8pm

We did?

Some of us suspected in the current climate that it would be difficult, considering we are still in the middle of a pandemic and no one knows how long before the crowds return. There was always a possibility that it wouldn't happen.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9337 on: August 28, 2020, 11:31:08 pm »
Maybe our analytics crew have stumbled onto a new formation to exploit teams with?

7 keepers

TAA VVD

Thiago

Messi Sarr

Upgraded it for you.  ;D
King Kenny.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9338 on: August 29, 2020, 12:21:00 am »
Some of us suspected in the current climate that it would be difficult, considering we are still in the middle of a pandemic and no one knows how long before the crowds return. There was always a possibility that it wouldn't happen.

Except he didn't say we weren't interested. He said the opposite in fact.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9339 on: August 29, 2020, 12:35:48 am »
Upgraded it for you.  ;D
Why not add a 13th and 14th player while you're at it? :P

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9340 on: August 29, 2020, 12:38:42 am »
With Reddy she just grates on me.

There always seems to be a smart arse edge to anything she says and it becomes annoying after a while - I used to really like her but during the period that she was on the Anfield Wrap regularly she just began to really grate.

I wouldn’t necessarily say her writing is shit, I just don’t think she ever says anything particularly new or interesting, which I suppose amounts to the same thing?

She seems like a good egg, but she isn’t a particularly engaging speaker. She rambles and takes forever to make her points.

She is a far worse writer than she is speaker though. If a GCSE student produced the level of work she does I would be disappointed in them.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9341 on: August 29, 2020, 02:27:37 am »
New rush goalie rule coming in next season apparently so more the better.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9342 on: August 29, 2020, 02:33:36 am »
New rush goalie rule coming in next season apparently so more the better.
Rush was a goalie?! Thought he was one of the best ever on the other end of the pitch...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9343 on: August 29, 2020, 02:36:44 am »
Nothing wrong with Melissa Reddy. She just doesn't always give "good news" & gets slated for it.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9344 on: August 29, 2020, 04:26:04 am »
No idea who this Reddy is but he must be a hell of a player the amount of discussion he has engendered in this transfer thread.

Anyone got a radar?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9345 on: August 29, 2020, 04:33:31 am »
Pearce has known fuck all for 2 years now. :thumbsup
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #9346 on: August 29, 2020, 06:17:17 am »
No idea who this Reddy is but he must be a hell of a player the amount of discussion he has engendered in this transfer thread.

Anyone got a radar?
Don't know much about him mate other than he has a 'Brek Glow' to him when I have seen him.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9347 on: August 29, 2020, 07:12:31 am »
Liverpool will regain title by remaining a 'results machine' says Jürgen Klopp

Consistency more important than new signings, insists manager
Liverpool still have not followed up interest in Thiago Alcântara

Jürgen Klopp has said the success of Liverpool’s title defence will be determined more by their ability to remain a “results machine” than the number of signings the club make before 5 October.

The Premier League champions, who face Arsenal in the Community Shield at Wembley on Saturday, have signed the left-back Kostas Tsimikas for £11.8m but have yet to follow up interest in Thiago Alcântara with a bid for the Bayern Munich midfielder.

Klopp said the financial situation at Liverpool is “clear enough” but a move for Thiago may rest on another midfielder leaving first. Georginio Wijnaldum has entered the final season of his contract and, despite reported interest from Barcelona, the Liverpool manager insists negotiations over an extension are “all good at the moment”.

Amid uncertainty over Covid-19’s long-term effect on football, Klopp believes it is essential Liverpool follow their own careful and successful transfer model despite big spending at Chelsea and Manchester City.

The Liverpool manager said: “We never had, and will never have, the type of relationship where I go to Mike Gordon [FSG president] and say: ‘That’s the money I need and without that we cannot survive.’ It’s about the club. I am clear enough about our situation. There are other clubs that have different policies and you have to expect that but that was the same last year and the year before.

“We all have our individual approaches to situations and our way didn’t harm us. I cannot change that and I don’t want to. I knew this was the way it goes when I arrived and nothing changed. Only the times changed, especially now, and as a sensible person I know this is not the best time in our lives and why should we plan for the long term?

“We are in a good place. We have a good team. We cannot just bring in five players because people want to be busy with that. Every year was pretty much the same – I don’t think I ever bought enough players in a transfer window to satisfy everybody. It was always: ‘Aaargh, we need another one.’ But so far it worked out.

“It doesn’t mean it will always work out for ever. We made mistakes and we will probably make mistakes again but it’s really all about what kind of mood we can create again for this season.

“That means creating a unit which is absolutely difficult to beat and being a proper team that is ready to suffer for each other. That is the most important thing, not who you can buy in a very strange moment of all our lives.”

Klopp categorically denied Liverpool could sign Lionel Messi and doubts the disillusioned forward will leave Barcelona for the Premier League. “Who doesn’t want Messi in their team?” he said. “But no chance. The numbers are absolutely not for us. I would like to see it [Messi in the Premier League] but I’m not sure I will.”

Klopp believes having a settled squad will be more advantageous than a lot of signings and that the champions’ mentality will also make a decisive contribution.

“It is probably harder to win the title every year,” he said. “Was it easy last year? For sure not. It looked that way in some moments only because we were a results machine.

“If you make a lot of changes to a squad that is good – but more good in the long term than the short term because you need to get used to each other.

“It is not a big advantage, it is a little advantage, but we are used to each other. We know what we are doing in specific moments and we know we have to mix it up with a sensational attitude and a sensational desire within the game.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/28/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-new-signings-community-shield-no-chance-lionel-messi
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #9348 on: August 29, 2020, 07:20:40 am »
Fantastic interview with Klopp. I hope Wij will extend his contact

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9349 on: August 29, 2020, 07:40:35 am »
It is easy to understand Klopp's reasoning. We already have the strongest and best balanced team in the league, we have added Tsimikas, youngsters like Jones, Williams, Kelleher and Elliott are developing nicely, and we have players like Brewster, Grujic and Wilson back from loan. We will still have to find a new club for the likes of Karius, Awoniyi, Ojo and Phillips, but apart from that, we are under no pressure to make any moves in the transfer market.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9350 on: August 29, 2020, 09:05:07 am »
It is easy to understand Klopp's reasoning. We already have the strongest and best balanced team in the league, we have added Tsimikas, youngsters like Jones, Williams, Kelleher and Elliott are developing nicely, and we have players like Brewster, Grujic and Wilson back from loan. We will still have to find a new club for the likes of Karius, Awoniyi, Ojo and Phillips, but apart from that, we are under no pressure to make any moves in the transfer market.

Phillips won't be going anywhere unless we sign another CB mate.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9351 on: August 29, 2020, 09:08:48 am »
Phillips won't be going anywhere unless we sign another CB mate.
That’s a shame because he’s not going to get any minutes here. Not good enough on the ball, not quick enough in his reactions. He’ll make a decent career for himself at midtable-upper end Championship level, maybe lower Premier League if he really kicks on and gets 2,500 minutes or more this coming season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9352 on: August 29, 2020, 09:16:58 am »
What happened to Mungo Jerry?
He was done for drink driving.
mines a pint

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9353 on: August 29, 2020, 09:17:04 am »
Fordy correcting Mac-Red on transfers is such a sight to behold ;D

I suspect there’ll be a week or so of waiting now, everyone’s waiting to see what everyone else will do in terms of signings. Wilson, Grujic and Phillips are all going to be in limbo a little bit as it’s clear they’re for sale but apparently not priorities for anyone.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9354 on: August 29, 2020, 09:25:24 am »
Fordy correcting Mac-Red on transfers is such a sight to behold ;D

I suspect there’ll be a week or so of waiting now, everyone’s waiting to see what everyone else will do in terms of signings. Wilson, Grujic and Phillips are all going to be in limbo a little bit as it’s clear they’re for sale but apparently not priorities for anyone.

Wilson and Grujic will leave it decent offers come in but unless we buy a CB or Thiago then we won't let Phillips go.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9355 on: August 29, 2020, 09:34:00 am »
One of the contenders for the Barca presidency has said he's spoken to Klopp, a load of Spanish press have made it clear they are interested in Gini, and now Mane.

If it's true that the 100m premium expired, I think it's time to reinstate it on the cnuts.

Or one of our journo's release a statement like: "Fati has Liverpool DNA, but only if runs his contract down". A shame they've got so few players worth unsettling.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9356 on: August 29, 2020, 09:43:05 am »
Wilson and Grujic will leave it decent offers come in but unless we buy a CB or Thiago then we won't let Phillips go.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9357 on: August 29, 2020, 09:44:06 am »
So basically you’re saying Klopp will use Philips to make up the numbers? I’m not convinced he thinks that way - past record suggests he’d be more likely to use Fabinho or Henderson as a back-up CB than bring in a fringe squad player.

Judging by the latest interview, he’s not keen on adding new bodies to the squad anyway. But that doesn’t mean Philips is likely to get opportunities outside the cups.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9358 on: August 29, 2020, 10:26:33 am »

You get more crazy by the day.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #9359 on: August 29, 2020, 10:45:37 am »

That is definitely the look of a man who has just started to read through the last few pages of this thread
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp