Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2513411 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - KONATE MBAPPE RAFAEL DIAS PELLOLI?
« Reply #37240 on: June 16, 2021, 10:42:57 am »
Just watching the Hungary Portugal game, that Hungary keeper is pretty good, wouldn’t mind him here as back up to Alison.

Another Leipzig player. Why can't we develop these players before they go to clubs like Salzburg and Leipzig?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #37241 on: June 16, 2021, 10:43:58 am »
Personally think Bailey is a step below the quality we need. He did, in fairness, look better last season and it's mad he's only 23 as it seems he's been round a long time (24 at season's start). I see someone like a Villa or an Everton spending big on him even though he's not quite first rate. Decent player, not Liverpool quality in my mind. This sounds counter-intuitive to the way I usually assess players, because 24 combined G+A across 38 games is brilliant, but I don't like his spread of stats and how he's so dependent on being in a counter-attacking set up that needs wide open spaces to sprint into. His passing and creation stats aren't great (good dribbling though) and his defensive numbers are non-existent. Looking at his xG and xA, he was running very hot on both this season.

He probably moves, does brilliant and makes me look stupid, but I think he struggles in a side that has to find solutions for deep-sitting defensive sides.

Malen, Vlahovic, Isak, Diaby, Sancho, Chiesa etc - however likely or unlikely, are names I'd be very happy to see come in.

That Chiesa is a bloody fantastic player

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37242 on: June 16, 2021, 10:45:11 am »
Another Leipzig player. Why can't we develop these players before they go to clubs like Salzburg and Leipzig?

Rafa was always given shift for signing young players like Gulacsi
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #37243 on: June 16, 2021, 10:51:51 am »
Just watching the Hungary Portugal game, that Hungary keeper is pretty good, wouldn’t mind him here as back up to Alison.

This is of course assuming Gulacsi, who left Liverpool to be a number one goalkeeper elsewhere, would be happy to come back to Liverpool to be a back up...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #37244 on: June 16, 2021, 10:52:05 am »
Rafa was always given shift for signing young players like Gulacsi

Was he?  ??? From who?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37245 on: June 16, 2021, 10:57:14 am »
Was he?  ??? From who?

There was a power struggle with the Academy at the time with Heighway. Those who backed Heighway (the likes of Carragher very vocal about it) resented all the young foreign players who were coming in at the time. Benitez's argument was the players coming through simply weren't up to scratch at that time. Eventually he overhauled the Academy with Borrell and Seguera coming in.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37246 on: June 16, 2021, 11:18:53 am »
Are we waiting for Euro's to be over before we sign anyone (therefore assuming the players we want are at tournament?)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37247 on: June 16, 2021, 11:20:58 am »
I really like him, think he'd be excellent in the Bobby role. He's done well with Juventus so you'd doubt they'd want to sell him, given he's young and Italian also, but they do some very strange moves in the transfer market and the longer that Ronaldo stays, the more they will have to shed established players to ensure they don't get into even bigger trouble.

Having said that, I'm not even sure how the deal would work, as he's technically still owned 100% by Fiorentina. He's on a two year loan to Juve with an obligation to buy, so I'm not sure whether that could be disrupted or whether Fiorentina would be approachable at all. Always difficult to know how Italians will do abroad too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37248 on: June 16, 2021, 11:21:42 am »
Are we waiting for Euro's to be over before we sign anyone (therefore assuming the players we want are at tournament?)

I would hope not as their asking prices would only increase
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37249 on: June 16, 2021, 11:22:58 am »

That depends on their performance, no?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37250 on: June 16, 2021, 11:24:51 am »
That depends on their performance, no?
Exactly what Crimson said. Neuhaus for example?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37251 on: June 16, 2021, 11:25:54 am »
Well if he has a shit tournament I don't want him  ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37252 on: June 16, 2021, 11:27:16 am »

Bit old now mate. In the mid to late 90's sure I'd love him here.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #37253 on: June 16, 2021, 11:32:09 am »

It’s always slow at this time of year with regards transfers. Players, managers, DoF’s are probably all away taking a break after a hectic season.

An international tournament exaggerates this. There’s actually 2 on-going now. Plus Covid will likely slow things down in the market as a whole. Not just Liverpool, but most of the market is dependent on multiple moves.

Plenty of time to get things boxed off. 1 already in the door and maybe 2 more deals to do. Equally important are getting some outs done. Probably more important is concentrating some effort on resolving certain contract situations before the season starts.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37254 on: June 16, 2021, 11:34:01 am »
Well if he has a shit tournament I don't want him  ;D

he’ll probably end up playing about 20 minutes if he’s lucky!

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37255 on: June 16, 2021, 11:35:07 am »
It’s always slow at this time of year with regards transfers. Players, managers, DoF’s are probably all away taking a break after a hectic season.

An international tournament exaggerates this. There’s actually 2 on-going now. Plus Covid will likely slow things down in the market as a whole. Not just Liverpool, but most of the market is dependent on multiple moves.

Plenty of time to get things boxed off. 1 already in the door and maybe 2 more deals to do. Equally important are getting some outs done. Probably more important is concentrating some effort on resolving certain contract situations before the season starts.

A lot of clubs wait till the end of August to do anything let alone after the Euros.

These tournaments do hold things up. Kane for example has put his future on hold until after it and a transfer like that will have a chain effect. Grealish will probably move as well and the Sancho deal will get done eventually to United.

Certainly Jurgen should be spending June chilled out with his feet up.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #37256 on: June 16, 2021, 11:38:42 am »

Definitely.

Same for other staff and the players not on international duty. Rest, recuperate and come back flying into the new season. That’s probably a more important factor in our success than who we buy. Suspect anyone we buy (Konate included) will be for depth rather than an initial starter in 2021/22.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37257 on: June 16, 2021, 11:40:25 am »
Jurgen is back on the job first week of July.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37258 on: June 16, 2021, 11:44:27 am »
A lot of clubs wait till the end of August to do anything let alone after the Euros.

These tournaments do hold things up. Kane for example has put his future on hold until after it and a transfer like that will have a chain effect. Grealish will probably move as well and the Sancho deal will get done eventually to United.

City play Spurs in the first game of the season, so you almost expect Spurs to refuse to sanction Kane's move until that's out of the way. Last thing they'd want in Fonseca's first game is Kane putting a few past Lloris for City. As an aside, writing this sentence I realised how unbearable the 'Cityzen Kane' headlines are going to be.

In terms of the Euros holding up deals, it almost certainly will but the agents and clubs will still be working round the clock to do deals. The teams won't want medicals interfering with training etc, so I presume those will largely wait until the tournament is over, but no real reason deals can't get done behind the scenes.

On Neuhaus, his tournament may be done in as little as a week's time. especially if Portugal can beat them in the next game. You'd assume if we go for him that we'd want everything signed and completed with him within a few days of his tournament ending, before giving him a few weeks off ahead of joining the squad later in pre-season.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37259 on: June 16, 2021, 11:52:45 am »

Most intl. teams won't allow players to leave the camp now to go and do medicals, etc.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37260 on: June 16, 2021, 12:05:58 pm »
Sancho is obviously the pick of that list, but assuming he's off to United then the one who'd excite me most is Malen. Obviously some question marks, namely around the Eredivisie, but he's shown he can score in the Europa League too. He feels quite 'us', in that while he's a forward he's not a target man and you feel he's someone we'd play as a wide forward, at least initially. If it wasn't for Raiola being his agent, I think he'd be a really obvious target, but that makes me think we'll let him go elsewhere - not sure we can be arsed dealing with Mino.

Isak looks really exciting too, and different to anyone we've already got.

Diaby is fun and creative but the goal record just isn't there, not yet anyway. Vlahovic likely needs another season to show consistency in his goalscoring (others may disagree) and I can't imagine Juventus willingly parting with Chiesa.

Few random names from me, based on nothing but a quick stats scan... Hirving Lozano seems to be coming off a good season at Napoli, Amine Gouiri at Nice had a great year but it may have been a one off. I still really like Harvey Barnes and think we'd be all over him if Leicester wouldn't just demand £60m+ for him. Andre Silva if we want a striker, Baumgartner at Hoffenheim has really good numbers, but probably more an attacking mid than a forward.

In!

Huge fan of his, think he'd be brilliant for us under Klopp and I know our stats guy's rate him, was a Reddy article few years ago that briefly alluded to it if I recall correctly.

As you say though, based on fees they've got for Chilwell and Maguire recently they'll be demanding a lot for him, though his wages would fit comfortably within our structure which might offset the fee. They also didn't buy him, so they don't need to recoup any transfer outlay in his sale... this is all wishful thinking though, can't see us going for him and he's rumoured to be signing a new contract.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37261 on: June 16, 2021, 12:26:22 pm »
In!

Huge fan of his, think he'd be brilliant for us under Klopp and I know our stats guy's rate him, was a Reddy article few years ago that briefly alluded to it if I recall correctly.

As you say though, based on fees they've got for Chilwell and Maguire recently they'll be demanding a lot for him, though his wages would fit comfortably within our structure which might offset the fee. They also didn't buy him, so they don't need to recoup any transfer outlay in his sale... this is all wishful thinking though, can't see us going for him and he's rumoured to be signing a new contract.

There's talk of Leicester selling Maddison - think he's fallen out of favour a bit - and I imagine if they do that they wouldn't consider the sale of Barnes.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37262 on: June 16, 2021, 12:27:43 pm »
Yeah loads of teams slept on Salah, maybe because of his time at Chelsea who knows.

even klopp needs some convincing. and also when did our last signing from an italian league actually turned out good.

i was expecting salah to be around a 1 in 3 kind of goalscoring winger for us. how fucking wrong were we. ;D

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37263 on: June 16, 2021, 12:28:44 pm »
There's talk of Leicester selling Maddison - think he's fallen out of favour a bit - and I imagine if they do that they wouldn't consider the sale of Barnes.

Can't imagine they'd be getting anyone paying a large for Maddison though, his star has well and truly waned.

They reportedly quoted 70m to Utd last summer. Even if they knocked 20m off that, can't see anyone biting.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37264 on: June 16, 2021, 12:29:22 pm »

That's a bit like Harry Kane for me.

Good player that he is, its hard to see where he'd go. Leicester would want big money but he's coming off a bit of a shit season and a few injuries. Definitely wouldn't see us going for him, can't see United going for him when they've got Fernandes, can't imagine he'd be a Man City signing, can't imagine Spurs or Arsenal would have the money. Maybe Chelsea, and he's good mates with Chilwell so could work.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #37265 on: June 16, 2021, 12:30:59 pm »

Saw that. Doubt Barnes ends up going. Perhaps, it's a case of selling Maddison to keep the likes of Tielemans and Barnes. I doubt they get what they wanted for him last summer

Can't imagine they'd be getting anyone paying a large for Maddison though, his star has well and truly waned.

Arsenal and Chelsea (if Ziyech leaves) is the current talk

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37266 on: June 16, 2021, 12:33:48 pm »
Couldn't get a game here so he left. Really happy for him. The likes of Sterling, Suso and Coady didn't do badly either.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37267 on: June 16, 2021, 12:34:03 pm »
This isn’t a photo of yourself is it Agent99?

This is Agent99
I'm more of an Eric Hall type.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37268 on: June 16, 2021, 12:36:13 pm »
Maddison is a flat track bully and a stats padder against the weaker teams, if you look at the breakdown of where his production came last season. His actual headline numbers are good, but I don't think he's the player many think he is and he's clearly not fully trusted by Rodgers. No doubt Leicester want £60m - £70m for him but he's patently not worth that.

Arsenal and Chelsea being linked, I'd like to see Utd balls up the Sancho again move then pay a load for Maddison late in the window. As has been stated, if Maddison goes, they probably don't sanction a move for Barnes to leave.

Harvey Barnes is a very good footballer, really like him. It's a shame he's at a club that's very good at extracting big fees for their best players. Tielemans and Barnes are great, but £120m can definitely be spent more wisely.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37269 on: June 16, 2021, 12:43:21 pm »

They reportedly quoted 70m to Utd last summer. Even if they knocked 20m off that, can't see anyone biting.
The few times I watched him, he didn't perform(usually big games). Very talented player but we shouldn't be going for him.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #37270 on: June 16, 2021, 12:43:42 pm »
Arsenal and Chelsea being linked, I'd like to see Utd balls up the Sancho again move then pay a load for Maddison late in the window.

Plays the same position as Fernandes though, can't see why they'd want to bring him in. It'd be the same thing as with van de Beek where he can't get in because that 10 position is sewn up.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37271 on: June 16, 2021, 12:44:45 pm »
Plays the same position as Fernandes though, can't see why they'd want to bring him in. It'd be the same thing as with van de Beek where he can't get in because that 10 position is sewn up.
Yeah I don't think even Utd are stupid enough to recruit a 4th No 10 when they already added VDB unnecessarily, like you say. I'd just like to see them do something stupid and reactionary off the back of more Sancho frustration.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #37272 on: June 16, 2021, 12:48:46 pm »
Bit old now mate. In the mid to late 90's sure I'd love him here.

Arf

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37273 on: June 16, 2021, 12:57:04 pm »
Good spot. he has turned out to be a really good keeper. And I agree about him being better than Adrian. However I think being 2nd keeper to a top keeper is  a different beast & mindset
I think we rushed on this one but what do I know

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #37274 on: June 16, 2021, 01:00:26 pm »
even klopp needs some convincing. and also when did our last signing from an italian league actually turned out good.

i was expecting salah to be around a 1 in 3 kind of goalscoring winger for us. how fucking wrong were we. ;D

You could say that about a lot of things though can't you? Maybe we shouldn't have signed Mane because our last 2 Senegal players were shit, we shouldn't be in for Mbappe or Haaland either because Bruno Cheyrou wasn't the next Zidane and Stig Inge Bjornebye didn't exactly light the league up. Those Dutch players? Yeah we should stay away from them too because Zenden was pretty horrific, remember Erik Meijer too?!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37275 on: June 16, 2021, 01:00:46 pm »
Good spot. he has turned out to be a really good keeper. And I agree about him being better than Adrian. However I think being 2nd keeper to a top keeper is  a different beast & mindset
I think we rushed on this one but what do I know

Its great that he's become such a good keeper.....but we must know that there's slim to no chance that he'd have developed in the same way being back up here for the last ten years.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37276 on: June 16, 2021, 01:04:34 pm »
Maddison is a flat track bully and a stats padder against the weaker teams, if you look at the breakdown of where his production came last season. His actual headline numbers are good, but I don't think he's the player many think he is and he's clearly not fully trusted by Rodgers. No doubt Leicester want £60m - £70m for him but he's patently not worth that.

Arsenal and Chelsea being linked, I'd like to see Utd balls up the Sancho again move then pay a load for Maddison late in the window. As has been stated, if Maddison goes, they probably don't sanction a move for Barnes to leave.

Harvey Barnes is a very good footballer, really like him. It's a shame he's at a club that's very good at extracting big fees for their best players. Tielemans and Barnes are great, but £120m can definitely be spent more wisely.

Arsenal getting Maddison feels quite likely to me. We know they want a 10, and they can definitely sell him as a big exciting signing to their fans. Meanwhile Leicester will take the £40-50m and reinvest in someone better.

Barnes could be lethal in our system, I think, really fast and has a quietly impressive goalscoring record. Got nine goals in just 25 league appearances this season, would have been comfortably in the double figures if not for injury which is good going.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37277 on: June 16, 2021, 01:06:18 pm »
Sancho is obviously the pick of that list, but assuming he's off to United then the one who'd excite me most is Malen. Obviously some question marks, namely around the Eredivisie, but he's shown he can score in the Europa League too. He feels quite 'us', in that while he's a forward he's not a target man and you feel he's someone we'd play as a wide forward, at least initially. If it wasn't for Raiola being his agent, I think he'd be a really obvious target, but that makes me think we'll let him go elsewhere - not sure we can be arsed dealing with Mino.

Isak looks really exciting too, and different to anyone we've already got.

Diaby is fun and creative but the goal record just isn't there, not yet anyway. Vlahovic likely needs another season to show consistency in his goalscoring (others may disagree) and I can't imagine Juventus willingly parting with Chiesa.

Few random names from me, based on nothing but a quick stats scan... Hirving Lozano seems to be coming off a good season at Napoli, Amine Gouiri at Nice had a great year but it may have been a one off. I still really like Harvey Barnes and think we'd be all over him if Leicester wouldn't just demand £60m+ for him. Andre Silva if we want a striker, Baumgartner at Hoffenheim has really good numbers, but probably more an attacking mid than a forward.
Baumgartner is probably a player we should be looking for in our aim to replace Gini.
the other one I would look at would be Ziyech as  I think he could excel as AM for us - eye for goal, can wide attacker and also behind a striker in a diamond formation.
Malen is the striker I would love to sign for us.
so 40M for Ziyech and about the same for Malen  8)

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37278 on: June 16, 2021, 01:06:27 pm »
Arsenal getting Maddison feels quite likely to me. We know they want a 10, and they can definitely sell him as a big exciting signing to their fans. Meanwhile Leicester will take the £40-50m and reinvest in someone better.

Barnes could be lethal in our system, I think, really fast and has a quietly impressive goalscoring record. Got nine goals in just 25 league appearances this season, would have been comfortably in the double figures if not for injury which is good going.

Aren't Arsenal after an attacking midfielder from Anderlecht and already made a bid? Can't see them going for Maddison.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37279 on: June 16, 2021, 01:10:52 pm »
Malen feels more like a Leicester level signing rather than a team hoping to challenge for the PL.

Wouldnt be great for his development to join us from Holland. Step up is too big. Needs to develop at a lesser club. He does look the best of lesser names mentioned.

I dont think after Minamino & our poor forward line squad players we will be taking a risk again someone like Malen or Daka.
Look at Salah,Firmino,Mane & Jota all either proven PL forwards or one of the best forwards in one of the top 4 leagues.

I think it is forgotten how good Firmino was in the Bundesliga & Salah in Serie A.
These were players who were at a very high level before joining us.

Mane & Jota 2 of the best forwards in the PL outside the the top 6 when they joined as well