Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2513428 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - KONATE MBAPPE RAFAEL DIAS PELLOLI?
« Reply #37120 on: June 14, 2021, 10:56:40 pm »
Guaranteed to turn out nice again
;D

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37121 on: June 14, 2021, 11:03:16 pm »
Are you lot joking re Isak? Didn't he only have possession about 3 times in the whole game? Kneejerkers x

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37122 on: June 14, 2021, 11:23:12 pm »
Don't think we've been linked have we? Sadly. Based on what I've seen he looks a much more rounded player than Vlahovic who we have I think been linked with (albeit nothing particularly concrete). Seem similar kind of players - same age, similar goal records this year, both tall #9s.

All the noises suggest we're in for an attacker but no clue if it will be a wide player or a striker. On paper you'd think we'd need a striker more with Origi probably going but then I suppose both Jota and Salah can play there if necessary and we've not really played with a conventional striker in a very long time. Isak looks interesting in that he looks pretty quick and is a good dribbler so you'd fancy he'd do quite well in a fluid front 3 popping up all over the attack but he also looks like he could play a more conventional striking role.

17 La Liga goals (no penalties) at 21 though - won't be cheap, at all. Although according to the ever reliable Wikipedia he's on about £20k a week at Sociedad so he's a far more likely Liverpool transfer than the likes of Sancho/Haaland/Mbappe.

The price isn’t the most important thing, from what I can tell we seem to be looking for a wide forward more than a centre forward

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37123 on: June 14, 2021, 11:50:20 pm »
Plays a wicked game,Isak.

Any ideas how much he'd go for or can we only dream of him?

Ver good, Chris Isaak. Top work!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37124 on: June 15, 2021, 06:36:40 am »
Alright. I’m politely asking you to move the Adrian chat to the main board please.  :wave
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37125 on: June 15, 2021, 06:41:49 am »
Don't think we've been linked have we? Sadly. Based on what I've seen he looks a much more rounded player than Vlahovic who we have I think been linked with (albeit nothing particularly concrete). Seem similar kind of players - same age, similar goal records this year, both tall #9s.

All the noises suggest we're in for an attacker but no clue if it will be a wide player or a striker. On paper you'd think we'd need a striker more with Origi probably going but then I suppose both Jota and Salah can play there if necessary and we've not really played with a conventional striker in a very long time. Isak looks interesting in that he looks pretty quick and is a good dribbler so you'd fancy he'd do quite well in a fluid front 3 popping up all over the attack but he also looks like he could play a more conventional striking role.

17 La Liga goals (no penalties) at 21 though - won't be cheap, at all. Although according to the ever reliable Wikipedia he's on about £20k a week at Sociedad so he's a far more likely Liverpool transfer than the likes of Sancho/Haaland/Mbappe.

£20k per week? That’s a third of Nat Phillips wage, bargain.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37126 on: June 15, 2021, 07:17:56 am »
Are you lot joking re Isak? Didn't he only have possession about 3 times in the whole game? Kneejerkers x

Thought I heard coms say he is la liga young player of the year scoring 17 goals.

Edit, yep and looks like Dortmund have a buy back of 30 million:

Young Player of the Season: Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad)
The Swedish striker enjoyed the most prolific season yet of his young career, netting 17 times, a total bettered by only five other players. Spearheading an exciting Real Sociedad side, Isak’s goals helped the Basque side to fifth place. With rumours swirling around the potential departure of Dortmund’s Erling Haaland, Sociedad will wait anxiously to see if the German side trigger the €30m buy-back clause in the Swede’s contract.

https://www.football365.com/news/atletico-madrid-lionel-messi-dominate-la-liga-awards

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:22:04 am by red1977 »

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #37127 on: June 15, 2021, 08:58:21 am »
Isak is pretty much the only Swedish player i watch regularly, he has bags of potential and there's a reason Dortmund payed over 8m euros for him as an 17 year old. Didn't really kick on/get the chance in Dortmund but had a great loan move to Willem II when he was 19 where he bagged 13 goals and 7 assists in just 16 games he's followed that up with more of the same at Real Sociedad. Unfortunately only Arsenal are rumoured to be in for him in the PL.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37128 on: June 15, 2021, 09:37:15 am »
There was discussion about Isak some pages back. Sociedad are reportedly negotiating to pay around €10m to remove BVB's €35m buy-back clause from his contract.

BVB don't want him back and he doesn't want to go back, according to all reports. Cracking player though, tall, quick and good technically.

Tielemans was asked about being linked to us in the Belgian press conference after the Russia match, he just brushed it off with the old 'I'm focusing on the Euros,' as he should. He was asked again and ignored it, it seems like the Belgian press are very much trying to make that their big transfer story this summer. I don't think there's anything in it personally.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37129 on: June 15, 2021, 09:44:16 am »
There was discussion about Isak some pages back. Sociedad are reportedly negotiating to pay around €10m to remove BVB's €35m buy-back clause from his contract.

BVB don't want him back and he doesn't want to go back, according to all reports. Cracking player though, tall, quick and good technically.

Tielemans was asked about being linked to us in the Belgian press conference after the Russia match, he just brushed it off with the old 'I'm focusing on the Euros,' as he should. He was asked again and ignored it, it seems like the Belgian press are very much trying to make that their big transfer story this summer. I don't think there's anything in it personally.

So they will want a decent amount over 45m euros then. Guess we can forget about that one.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37130 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:41 am »

I think Tielemans and his camp are definitely trying to see if they can get a move to a top club, while knowing that if it doesn't work he'll still get a huge payday at Leicester to stay for another season or two (potentially with a clause in there).

My feeling is he's someone we'd pay £40m for, but Leicester will demand in excess of £60m IMO - and fair enough, considering his importance to them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37131 on: June 15, 2021, 10:20:30 am »
So they will want a decent amount over 45m euros then. Guess we can forget about that one.
Given the mooted fees being banded about this summer - eg Vlahovic at €60m, I think you'd probably see Sociedad wanting around €50m - €60m for Isak. So around £45m - £53m or so? Worth noting that Sociedad paid around £5.5m to Dortmund to sign Isak (with the buyback clause inserted - a small loss for Dortmund on what they paid for him) so if they paid €10m to remove the buyback, the fees being talked about would be a massive profit for Sociedad. Alternatively Dortmund may exercise the clause and make a healthy profit themselves, though that doesn't look likely at present.

I think Tielemans and his camp are definitely trying to see if they can get a move to a top club, while knowing that if it doesn't work he'll still get a huge payday at Leicester to stay for another season or two (potentially with a clause in there).

My feeling is he's someone we'd pay £40m for, but Leicester will demand in excess of £60m IMO - and fair enough, considering his importance to them.
Agreed, of course they will be. He's not going to come out and say anything during the Euros though. He does belong in a top team, I'm just not sure we're that team given what Leicester would want, and how much value that size of fee would add to our squad if spent well elsewhere on the pitch. Leicester will definitely want a big fee, as you say, the recent sales of Maguire and Mahrez give a bit of a guide, as well as them saying last summer that if Utd wanted Maddison, he'd be £70m.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37132 on: June 15, 2021, 10:21:18 am »

thats actually for a decent amount for a young promising striker isnt it.. If klopp or edwards see something that might be good for us surely they could work out some creative financial deal.

none of our front 3 is getting any younger and he wont cost as much as mbappe,sancho,haaland.

only worry is that no big clubs are actually after him. might be something that they see that we dont.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37133 on: June 15, 2021, 10:32:52 am »
thats actually for a decent amount for a young promising striker isnt it.. If klopp or edwards see something that might be good for us surely they could work out some creative financial deal.

none of our front 3 is getting any younger and he wont cost as much as mbappe,sancho,haaland.

only worry is that no big clubs are actually after him. might be something that they see that we dont.

Harsh but fair on Arsenal and Barcelona.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #37134 on: June 15, 2021, 10:44:06 am »
Stylistically does Isak fit in our system? Could he actually play wide left on occasions and cut in on his right foot? Or is he a pure number 9?

I quite like Isak and some of his play reminds me of Thierry Henry. From the bits of Sociedad I've seen he looks a rangey player, with pace, good dribbler, can run the channels but is also quite adept at holding up the play with his back to goal.

I really like Isak and would be happy if we bought him. However, i'm not 100% convinced how he fits in our current system. Personally I also think we'll look for someone who can play wide more often than not. I think we might view Jota and Firmino as the central striker options with Salah and Mane as other potential options. As such feels like we may want a player more comfortable playing wide than centrally.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37135 on: June 15, 2021, 10:53:41 am »
Stylistically does Isak fit in our system? Could he actually play wide left on occasions and cut in on his right foot? Or is he a pure number 9?

I quite like Isak and some of his play reminds me of Thierry Henry. From the bits of Sociedad I've seen he looks a rangey player, with pace, good dribbler, can run the channels but is also quite adept at holding up the play with his back to goal.

I really like Isak and would be happy if we bought him. However, i'm not 100% convinced how he fits in our current system. Personally I also think we'll look for someone who can play wide more often than not. I think we might view Jota and Firmino as the central striker options with Salah and Mane as other potential options. As such feels like we may want a player more comfortable playing wide than centrally.

From the little I've seen of him he could both be used as a 9 or cutting in, basically a much much better version of what we've asked Origi to do in the last couple of years. A big, strong, fast lad who can play in the channels, run at his defender and finish.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37136 on: June 15, 2021, 11:13:25 am »

We don't tend to spend big on such a young player do we? Maybe still burnt from Markovic. Suppose Konate is only 22 and spent £35m on him.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 11:16:00 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #37137 on: June 15, 2021, 11:17:12 am »
Konates about 8 months older than Isak, and we spent €42 million on him :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37138 on: June 15, 2021, 11:29:34 am »
From the little I've seen of him he could both be used as a 9 or cutting in, basically a much much better version of what we've asked Origi to do in the last couple of years. A big, strong, fast lad who can play in the channels, run at his defender and finish.

Looked really talented last night,Sweden's tactics didn't really allow him to showcase his skills that often but seems to have real unpredictability in his play,excellent ball control added with willingness to challenge and dribble past defenders,should have the skillset to do well against low block teams.

First time i've ever seen him play other than short clips,a really promising young forward who surely won't stay long at Sociedad with all due respect to them.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #37139 on: June 15, 2021, 11:49:20 am »
Great feet. In spite of their obvious physical differences he has something of the salah about him where they both slow the ball down in the area and consistently wrong foot defenders and keep them off balance. A coolness under high pressure which is impressive at his age.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37140 on: June 15, 2021, 12:23:25 pm »
We paid 50m for Naby Keita.

I think we could definitly play 50m for Isak especially in installments.
If they want the buyout that would rule him out

Sociedad often only sell when the buyout clause is activated. I think that is why alot of clubs are not in for Isak. No one will pay 70m euros up front for him

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #37141 on: June 15, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »
We paid 50m for Naby Keita.

I think we could definitly play 50m for Isak especially in installments.
If they want the buyout that would rule him out

Sociedad often only sell when the buyout clause is activated. I think that is why alot of clubs are not in for Isak. No one will pay 70m euros up front for him

I might be pissing into the wind with this....but how is what we spent on a 23 year old midfielder from the Bundesliga three years ago in any way relevant to what we might spend on a 21 year old attacker from La Liga now? :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37142 on: June 15, 2021, 12:31:14 pm »
I might be pissing into the wind with this....but how is what we spent on a 23 year old midfielder from the Bundesliga three years ago in any way relevant to what we might spend on a 21 year old attacker from La Liga now? :D

Things.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37143 on: June 15, 2021, 12:33:45 pm »
Think Isak’s time at Dortmund is keeping his price and reputation down. If he didn’t go there and put doubt in peoples head he’d be way more valued I think. Not like he failed at Dortmund though, he got no chances. Id be all over him if he goes for less than 50m. He just does the goals.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37144 on: June 15, 2021, 12:35:40 pm »
I remember we once spent £3m on Dean Saunders, so no reason we won’t spend £70m on Isak.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37145 on: June 15, 2021, 12:37:42 pm »
Timing was all wrong for Isak at Dortmund too, whole thing got off to a really bad start, cos he was very much a Michael Zorc pick, and Tuchel didn’t want him and wanted nothing to do with him and he ended up being part of all that nonsense with the club and Tuchel.

Just right player, right club, completely the wrong time.   

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37146 on: June 15, 2021, 12:40:24 pm »
It was 4 years ago after no CL income as well. He was 22 at the time when bought in 2017 & we even went above his release clause. Jota was 45m at 23 as well.

Shows we will pay over 50m for a young player. Jota was 45m at 23 as well.

I dont think age really matters so long as the player isnt 27+.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37147 on: June 15, 2021, 12:40:58 pm »
Are we genuinely linked with Isak?

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37148 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:09 pm »
not been any strong links to a forward at all. Even the Raphinha links have not been that credible

I do believe we will spend 40m+ on a forward though.
Because anything less wont be  the required standard. i.e Minamino,Shaqiri.

Offline Norse Red

• Kopite
  • Forever Red!
« Reply #37149 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:49 pm »
The only minus about Isaak is that he doesn't suit to play right or left, but he could be a good replacement for Firmino, long term that is.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37150 on: June 15, 2021, 12:49:21 pm »

Don't think so, but I think if we're looking for a striker he is bound to be on our list. Only 21, but he's shown he can get good numbers across multiple seasons. Good size already, but with some further physical development as he gets to his mid-20s you can imagine him becoming more and more dominant.

Red flag is maybe that in 15 games in European competition he hasn't got a single goal... and of course we've never signed a senior player from La Liga under Klopp, so that'd be a first.

not been any strong links to a forward at all. Even the Raphinha links have not been that credible

I do believe we will spend 40m+ on a forward though.
Because anything less wont be  the required standard. i.e Minamino,Shaqiri.

It's like last summer. The dominant link all summer was Thiago, and we knew we were keen on a forward but names weren't forthcoming. Only one really was Ismaila Sarr, and even then it was very tepid. So maybe Neuhaus is this summer's Thiago, and a forward will emerge from nowhere just as Jota did.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:51:07 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37151 on: June 15, 2021, 12:56:26 pm »
Don't think so, but I think if we're looking for a striker he is bound to be on our list. Only 21, but he's shown he can get good numbers across multiple seasons. Good size already, but with some further physical development as he gets to his mid-20s you can imagine him becoming more and more dominant.

Red flag is maybe that in 15 games in European competition he hasn't got a single goal... and of course we've never signed a senior player from La Liga under Klopp, so that'd be a first.

It's like last summer. The dominant link all summer was Thiago, and we knew we were keen on a forward but names weren't forthcoming. Only one really was Ismaila Sarr, and even then it was very tepid. So maybe Neuhaus is this summer's Thiago, and a forward will emerge from nowhere just as Jota did.
Im not sure we are that keen on Neuhaus if it is true his release clause has expired.
Seems agent driven with leaks to the German press.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37152 on: June 15, 2021, 01:00:06 pm »
I remember we once spent £3m on Dean Saunders, so no reason we won’t spend £70m on Isak.

I know that analysing the signings of Graeme Souness may be a pointless exercise, but what was there about Saunders that made him seem a good signing at the time? It was the British record fee, and he wasn't even English under the UEFA rules at the time (which allowed only 2 non-England-eligible players in the XI).

IIRC it was a double signing of Mark Wright (2.2m) and Dean Saunders (2.8m) from the newly-relegated Derby County.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #37153 on: June 15, 2021, 01:05:15 pm »
I know that analysing the signings of Graeme Souness may be a pointless exercise, but what was there about Saunders that made him seem a good signing at the time?

17 goals for a team that were relegated (Top Scorer in the First Division that year had 22). Beardsley and Speedie had both left. Plenty of other clubs wanted him. The eligibility rules affected players born outside of the UK

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37154 on: June 15, 2021, 01:07:06 pm »
I know that analysing the signings of Graeme Souness may be a pointless exercise, but what was there about Saunders that made him seem a good signing at the time? It was the British record fee, and he wasn't even English under the UEFA rules at the time (which allowed only 2 non-England-eligible players in the XI).

IIRC it was a double signing of Mark Wright (2.2m) and Dean Saunders (2.8m) from the newly-relegated Derby County.

I think it was 3 overseas (non English) players you were allowed. We did sign him and Wright at the same time.

I think he was regarded as quite hot property, he’d been around for a few years and must have done well at Derby. I think I saw his debut at home to Oldham on the opening day. Didn’t do a lot although he did score a screamer in the Derby not long after. Weirdly did better for us in Europe. Maybe not that weird actually, think he scored 4 against an Austrian team and maybe that was his level!

He was a bit Baros-y from memory. Not a great touch, head down, not really sure what was happening around him but capable of the odd decent goal.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37155 on: June 15, 2021, 01:11:17 pm »

no but we weren't linked much with konate, thiago and jota

didnt even expect the adrian extension to be honest. the club really keeps things under wraps nowadays.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #37156 on: June 15, 2021, 01:12:21 pm »
He was a bit Baros-y from memory. Not a great touch, head down, not really sure what was happening around him but capable of the odd decent goal.

Yep. Head down, tongue usually hanging out.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37157 on: June 15, 2021, 01:13:09 pm »
I like Ollie Watkins at Villa,” says Fowler. “When you start delving into how Liverpool play and how they press, his stats are perfect. He scores goals and his work rate is spot on. He looks like a Klopp player to me.

“Of course Villa wouldn’t want to lose him and he wouldn’t come cheap but he’s done very well since arriving from Brentford. A lot of big clubs didn’t take a chance on him but he’s made that leap from the Championship to the Premier League and has proved he belongs there.”

that said I dont think we should pay the money needed to take him off Villa,
Isak would have a higher ceiling as a player as well

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37158 on: June 15, 2021, 01:32:49 pm »
Is there anything in the rumours that we are trying to get in there ahead of Man Utd to sign Sancho?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37159 on: June 15, 2021, 01:40:25 pm »
Is there anything in the rumours that we are trying to get in there ahead of Man Utd to sign Sancho?
£86m and possibly over £300k in wages per week. I highly doubt it!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali