Author Topic: New PC keyboard recommendations?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
New PC keyboard recommendations?
« on: June 22, 2020, 10:45:23 am »
I'm working from home and battling with a 7-8 year old noisy keyboard I was given from work.

It's a piece of crap so am looking to replace it.

Just wondering if someone can recommend something relatively cheap like 20-40 quid that's good for daily use and is ergonomical, oh and quiet if possible?

Cheers
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: New PC keyboard recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:41:03 pm »
I have a Logitech K780 that I love (Alongisde a M720 Triathlon) - maybe a bit too expensive for you - but worth the money I think at £80 (If you have more than one computer/monitor arrangement and also maybe want to be able to type on your tablet etc.). The mouse is about £40

I need to use three different computers (on different monitors) and this mouse/keyboard combination lets me switch easily and simply between them all.

If your computers are all Windows then it also allows you to move the mouse across monitors and 'onto' the other computers where the keyboard also recognises this.

It's not a full-travel keyboard - the keys are round and fairly flat, but it's nothing like a laptop keyboard (Which, IMO are absolutely terrible) - it has a lovely flowing feel to it - responsive and nice to type on - so I can hit speeds that are way quicker than if I was using full-travel keys. You can type non-stop for hours without getting any hint of fatigue.

It's also got a 'ridge stand' that you can place phones or tablets in (And again connect to those with bluetooth) - the mouse/Keyboard comes with USB Dongles too, so no problems getting them hooked up if you don't want to use bluetooth.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 01:48:32 pm by Andy ⁎ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 01:45:24 pm »
Also have a couple of Logitech K400s which are decent enough but don't have a numeric pad (Having, instead a mouse pad) - these are abour £25 and very nice

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:47:22 pm »
If you want a cheaper option then you can get a Logitech MK270 with mouse - both wireless which are far more traditional and more like a 'normal' keyboard

I have a couple and they are very nice

£19.99 those.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 04:24:10 pm »
Nice one for that mate, cheers.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 04:44:00 pm »
The link below is a great site if you're looking for PC parts, including mice and keyboards.  Gives you user reviews and shows you the cheapest prices etc.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 07:10:30 pm »
The link below is a great site if you're looking for PC parts, including mice and keyboards.  Gives you user reviews and shows you the cheapest prices etc.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/

:thumbup

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 11:43:20 pm »
I have a Logitech K780 that I love (Alongisde a M720 Triathlon) - maybe a bit too expensive for you - but worth the money I think at £80 (If you have more than one computer/monitor arrangement and also maybe want to be able to type on your tablet etc.). The mouse is about £40

I need to use three different computers (on different monitors) and this mouse/keyboard combination lets me switch easily and simply between them all.

If your computers are all Windows then it also allows you to move the mouse across monitors and 'onto' the other computers where the keyboard also recognises this.

It's not a full-travel keyboard - the keys are round and fairly flat, but it's nothing like a laptop keyboard (Which, IMO are absolutely terrible) - it has a lovely flowing feel to it - responsive and nice to type on - so I can hit speeds that are way quicker than if I was using full-travel keys. You can type non-stop for hours without getting any hint of fatigue.

It's also got a 'ridge stand' that you can place phones or tablets in (And again connect to those with bluetooth) - the mouse/Keyboard comes with USB Dongles too, so no problems getting them hooked up if you don't want to use bluetooth.

My laptop keyboard is complete crap, issues with space bar, hate the keyboard, etc.

The keyboard you recommended isn't that expensive stateside, and it would be an easy way to solve those keyboard issues, yes? Much better typing, simple blue-tooth hookup?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 04:39:01 pm »
My laptop keyboard is complete crap, issues with space bar, hate the keyboard, etc.

The keyboard you recommended isn't that expensive stateside, and it would be an easy way to solve those keyboard issues, yes? Much better typing, simple blue-tooth hookup?

Yeah, I find it really great to type on.

You can connect it using bluetooth or via a supplied USB Dongle.

It's a really nice keyboard, hard to describe typing on it. Feels more 'natural' somehow than other keyboards I've typed on, but the limited (yet responsive) travel distance means that you can be accurate and fast for a long time.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 05:17:43 pm »

Yeah, I find it really great to type on.

You can connect it using bluetooth or via a supplied USB Dongle.

It's a really nice keyboard, hard to describe typing on it. Feels more 'natural' somehow than other keyboards I've typed on, but the limited (yet responsive) travel distance means that you can be accurate and fast for a long time.

Thanks very much for the recommendation, AA. Order placed... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 10:27:16 am »
Thanks very much for the recommendation, AA. Order placed... :wave

Nice one - I hope you like it!