Author Topic: The Murder of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.  (Read 257986 times)

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Civil unrest in America
« Reply #600 on: June 2, 2020, 08:22:28 am »
I'm sitting here sick to the stomach at some of the things that happened since I went to bed, that is a fucking disgrace isn't mate.

And I can't get over that fucking baby Trump wanting his moment outside a church which really did endanger lives.

It's sickening John. Now to imagine that this was not such a bad outcome makes one wonder how badly do cops behave when there are no cameras around. And for black men, this is their reality day in and day out. When they drive to work and back. When they're out buying groceries. When they're going for a jog. Is it any wonder that America is burning right now? How can anyone not feel anger when you see such things. It's sickening and it's painful.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 08:25:48 am by AndyMuller »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: June 2, 2020, 08:28:02 am »
US citizens getting a tiny fragmented insight in to US military tactics last night. Of which the police are very closely aligned.

Harder to ignore the barbarity when it's on your own shores, wonder if any sort of sea change will happen amongst the general public opinion or if the 'thank you for your service' bullshit will remain.

Wave a few flags and they'll soon doff  the cap, swing from side to side, sing the anthem teary eyed , and fall in line behind the commander in chief, then drop their 1000lbs bombs on the heads of defenceless people to drag some desert enclave into the joys of American democracy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #603 on: June 2, 2020, 08:30:20 am »
You not familiar with colonialism/history then??

Yeah I am, but being fair, America can't really control things that happened hundreds of years before it even existed
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: June 2, 2020, 08:42:15 am »
Yeah I am, but being fair, America can't really control things that happened hundreds of years before it even existed

No, but the country was founded on oppression and slavery, and those issues are still very much part of the country now.

Racism is part of their culture and society.  The system is racist.  They need to make reforms in every facet of society.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: June 2, 2020, 08:46:50 am »
The police are fucking disgusting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/1267578324643188739
A sickening incident last week has now turned in to a major show of corruption and racism.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: June 2, 2020, 08:57:26 am »
So having handled Covid-19 atrociously and tragedy, Trump has now overseen a local murder which should have brought communities and hearts together and turned it in to a national incident with irreparable damage.
While GOP tweet support and remain complicit in the deterioration of decency and public life.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #607 on: June 2, 2020, 09:02:04 am »
From one of the priests working outside St John’s distributing snacks etc:

https://twitter.com/jackmjenkins/status/1267654371032039430?s=21

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #608 on: June 2, 2020, 09:04:55 am »

I think the point is it's the collective history of many centuries - not two 244 years, that's relevant to the African American experience..

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #609 on: June 2, 2020, 09:09:46 am »
Trump standing in front of a church with a Bible is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen - He looks like he's never held one before - certainly never read it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #610 on: June 2, 2020, 09:16:26 am »
Trump standing in front of a church with a Bible is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen - He looks like he's never held one before - certainly never read it.
A reporter asked him 'is that your Bible?' and he replied 'It's *a* Bible'.

Comedy writers would think that was a little too on the nose.

And of course he didn't actually head into the church, let alone say a prayer.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: June 2, 2020, 09:18:44 am »
https://twitter.com/BrutumF/status/1267575655509577728

I'm always conscious that there are all manner of contextless videos doing the rounds on Twitter. With that in mind, this still doesn't look good. If video is what it purports to be, this is yet another Black male unfairly and unjustly vilified.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: June 2, 2020, 09:22:24 am »
He looks like he's never held one before - certainly never read it.

Surely you've seen the classic clip of him in full Partridge mode where he gets asked what his favourite bit of the bible is and can't muster an answer...'all of it'.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #613 on: June 2, 2020, 09:23:22 am »
A reporter asked him 'is that your Bible?' and he replied 'It's *a* Bible'.

Comedy writers would think that was a little too on the nose.

And of course he didn't actually head into the church, let alone say a prayer.

Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERUngQUCsyE

What's your favourite verse in the Bible?

Old Testament or New Testament?... I'd say both...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: June 2, 2020, 09:26:02 am »
Have you seen this?

That's the one. Frightening.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: June 2, 2020, 09:26:11 am »
The police are fucking disgusting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/1267707431401984005

That was an attack on an Australian journalist and film crew.

The Australian Prime Minister has asked the Australian embassy in Washington to investigate and report back on how Australia should register its "strong concerns" with local authorities in Washington.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #616 on: June 2, 2020, 09:26:43 am »
Surely you've seen the classic clip of him in full Partridge mode where he gets asked what his favourite bit of the bible is and can't muster an answer...'all of it'.

I’d have to say...the Best of the Bible.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: June 2, 2020, 09:29:44 am »
Have you seen this?

A world leader ...
Somehow stupidity has become so normal I'm not even shocked anymore.
And it's not getting better any time soon.
That Biden guy is a complete tool too.
Well, he's probably marginally better, but so is the local butcher ...

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: June 2, 2020, 09:34:47 am »
https://twitter.com/BrutumF/status/1267575655509577728

I'm always conscious that there are all manner of contextless videos doing the rounds on Twitter. With that in mind, this still doesn't look good. If video is what it purports to be, this is yet another Black male unfairly and unjustly vilified.

Jesus there are some really dumb ass cops. There are over 300m mobile phones in the USA most with cameras. This clown clearly puts the baton into his hand to give them a reason to use excessive force.

FFS, people (US law enforcement) these protests/riots were caused by one of your kind killing an innocent man. Don't you think you should pull back on the punches or are you just happy that this reaction from the public gives you the opportunity to go all out with the agro?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: June 2, 2020, 09:36:21 am »
Anyone else get a rather disturbing PM from Covidbaby last night?  :-X

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #620 on: June 2, 2020, 09:38:34 am »

Yep. Reported it and he’s been fucked off but it was thoroughly unpleasant.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #621 on: June 2, 2020, 09:42:18 am »
Jesus there are some really dumb ass cops. There are over 300m mobile phones in the USA most with cameras. This clown clearly puts the baton into his hand to give them a reason to use excessive force.

A lot of the people filming this are being arrested. Also talk of them using signal jammers in some places to stop broadcasts. They don’t want to be filmed and they’ll crack down on it as much as possible.

People also think the police are now using these live streams to track the movements of protestors, so people like Woke on Twitch really should be adding a delay to what they show if that’s possible.

David McAtee supposedly shot at police from his stall where he sold BBQ food. No bodycam footage available from the piggies but I’m sure we can take their word for it.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 09:43:50 am by Snail »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: June 2, 2020, 09:44:46 am »

Thats shit. I thought I was the only one getting one of those and was special.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #623 on: June 2, 2020, 09:45:51 am »
Was up most of the night glued to the live streams

There must be hours upon hours of footage of police brutality online. The latest one I saw was police cuffing black shop owners who had rang the police for help.

I half expect Orla Guerin giving a report in blue Press bullet proof vest and helmet as she did in Israel in the 90's.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: June 2, 2020, 09:47:54 am »
That Biden guy is a complete tool too.
Well, he's probably marginally better, but so is the local butcher ...

Not the time or place for this I know. But have we not learned our fucking lesson with Trump/Clinton. Trump is a fucking madman and despot, Biden is just a bit shit. There's a fucking chasm of difference there.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: June 2, 2020, 09:49:12 am »

He looks like he’s never held a book before, let alone a bible.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: June 2, 2020, 09:49:23 am »
I've seen footage of police officers with their badges covered, reports of zero body cam footage being taken and undercover officers instigating violence and wearing coloured armbands so uniformed police dont mistake them.

The one pretending to be a CNN reporter was terrible.

Oh and a separate one but 'social media influencers' getting pictures of them 'helping' fix buildings then fucking off

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #627 on: June 2, 2020, 09:50:33 am »
Was up most of the night glued to the live streams

There must be hours upon hours of footage of police brutality online. The latest one I saw was police cuffing black shop owners who had rang the police for help.

I half expect Orla Guerin giving a report in blue Press bullet proof vest and helmet as she did in Israel in the 90's.

That bridge in Dallas was probably the most disturbing thing I saw last night, and there were quite a lot of things to choose from.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: June 2, 2020, 09:55:27 am »
Anyone else tired of indignation?

Put nothing past that kumquat.

A bar doesn't exist.

Expect the worst from him, then watch him surpass himself.

He will be gone soon.

Oh I am expecting the worst and I fully expect him to be reelected in November. The democrats just aren't in a position to challenge.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: June 2, 2020, 10:01:05 am »
Statement by Amnesty International

“In city after city, we are witnessing actions that could be considered unnecessary or excessive force.

“Equipping officers in a manner more appropriate for a battlefield may put them in the mindset that confrontation and conflict are inevitable.

“US police across the country are failing their obligations under international law to respect and facilitate the right to peaceful protest, exacerbating a tense situation and endangering the lives of protesters.

“Police must engage in de-escalation, before the situation worsens.”

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: June 2, 2020, 10:05:13 am »
The one thing I am struck by when watching all the horrible videos is how the police in America are still all white. Like every single one of the cops I have seen in these video has been black. Until there is equality in the police forces there will always be issues.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #631 on: June 2, 2020, 10:11:38 am »

It's amazing to think that the tactics of the military police could have easily resulted in a clash with protestors and for what, so he could have a photo-op in front of a church holding a Bible. And when asked whether it was his, he said it was "a Bible"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #632 on: June 2, 2020, 10:12:29 am »
The one thing I am struck by when watching all the horrible videos is how the police in America are still all white. Like every single one of the cops I have seen in these video has been black. Until there is equality in the police forces there will always be issues.

Depends on location I would assume. I am not sure about Minneapolis region but NC, NY and LA regions have a sizeable black police population.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #633 on: June 2, 2020, 10:14:18 am »
Thankfully new media increasingly allows people to make their own assessments but there is such a marked difference in the tone of the reporting between the current state of affairs in America compared to if they were say a non English speaking country, a Middle Eastern or South American nation with a similarly despot leader, mobilising his military against his own people, using his heavily armed militarised police force to suppress peaceful protests and escalate situations, the arresting and suppression of the press.

What you get instead is dancing around it, attempting to report all of the above without ever eally calling it by its name. Contrast how happy news organisations are to regurgitate Trumps line on ANTFA being terrorists (lol) to how many have called him authoritarian or fash.

Americans at home need to know how far down the road they are with this neo fascist regime and us abroad need to be left under no illusions that this America is a failed state.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: June 2, 2020, 10:21:08 am »

you too huh.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: June 2, 2020, 10:25:05 am »
you too huh.

I'm feeling left out now.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #636 on: June 2, 2020, 10:28:23 am »
Didn't realize that there were priests working at St. John's Church who ended up getting teargassed, pushed away for that photo-op. Banana Republic/Fascism stuff

Thats shit. I thought I was the only one getting one of those and was special.

Same here

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: June 2, 2020, 10:29:43 am »
Thankfully new media increasingly allows people to make their own assessments but there is such a marked difference in the tone of the reporting between the current state of affairs in America compared to if they were say a non English speaking country, a Middle Eastern or South American nation with a similarly despot leader, mobilising his military against his own people, using his heavily armed militarised police force to suppress peaceful protests and escalate situations, the arresting and suppression of the press.

What you get instead is dancing around it, attempting to report all of the above without ever eally calling it by its name. Contrast how happy news organisations are to regurgitate Trumps line on ANTFA being terrorists (lol) to how many have called him authoritarian or fash.

Americans at home need to know how far down the road they are with this neo fascist regime and us abroad need to be left under no illusions that this America is a failed state.

The American regime is a friend of the west, so will get an easy ride, like Saudi Arabia. We are hypocrites too.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #638 on: June 2, 2020, 10:31:10 am »
Four police officers shot in St. Louis, a local television channel in Las Vegas is reporting that a city police officer was shot in the head tonight, In Buffalo, NY, a car ploughed through a group of officers at a protest, injuring at least two people.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jun/01/george-floyd-protests-donald-trump-white-house-washington-police-brutality-minneapolis-latest-news-updates

Yeah, this is not de-escalating anytime soon
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: June 2, 2020, 10:36:26 am »

It usually only in tin-pot regimes where the country's ruler walks out with their highest ranking military officer beside them to talk about a domestic issue.

The guy in his fatigues is a 4-star general and the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.