Author Topic: The Murder of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.  (Read 257545 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Last Edit: June 5, 2020, 03:19:53 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Love the way the worlds come together cos of this and love the internet with its power/coverage

Shame the reason behind it all

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Re: Civil unrest in America
« Reply #1242 on: June 5, 2020, 05:28:25 am »
Why do people keep running to Obama as if he has any answers, he already had eight years and done fuck all to disrupt the status quo. Another Mother Theresea.
You need to understand that he was cock blocked by Republican house and senate for 6 of those years.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ĪGinger◇DrapesĪ

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ĪGinger◇DrapesĪ

:o       :butt

House Republicans      @HouseGOP

Today, we remember the scores of innocent demonstrators killed by the Chinese Gov’t 31 years ago at Tiananmen Square for speaking out against the totalitarian regime.

We must hold the CCP accountable for suppressing freedom & for their malign activity that continues today.

https://www.twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1268603674822979585

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched '13th' thanks to some recommendations on here. Compelling viewing and hard to believe it's 4 years old. Could have been made last week.
I watched it when it first came out and then just watched it again last night. There is a conversation with Ava DuVernay and Oprah on Netflix too which is well worth a watch.

It is such an important film and one that requires multiple viewings fully take it all in.

One of the shocking things in the film is the confession by one of Nixon's aides that the criminalisation of drugs was brought about solely so they could raid protesters and people bringing up civil rights movements.

Those who are interested in other documentaries watch 'I Am Not Your Negro' or 'Trigger Warnings by Killer Mike'. The latter breaks down the systemic race issues in a light hearted way.

Also for all the people stating that this is the US' problem not ours then you are part of the problem. It doesn't matter who is better or worse at racism, the fact is that racism exists in the UK; by trying to stop divert the issue to the US, you are stopping a genuine chance for an open discussion about institutional systemic racism in this country which happens every time an incident like this happens.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Today, we remember the scores of innocent demonstrators killed by the Chinese Gov’t 31 years ago at Tiananmen Square for speaking out against the totalitarian regime.

We must hold the CCP accountable for suppressing freedom & for their malign activity that continues today.

So, tiny man square is still ok?  :butt

While I'm on it. What's the difference between police at Buffalo on wednesday (kneeling) and thursday (beating a senior citizen)? Call me cynic, but police budget was passed in full on thursday morning in special session.

https://news.wbfo.org/post/police-budget-passed-full-despite-calls-defund
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
More police loveliness

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/1268753177035374593

They love it don't they? Put on a uniform and it's carte blanche to go around beating the crap out of people. Nasty pieces of shit.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
More police loveliness

They love it don't they? Put on a uniform and it's carte blanche to go around beating the crap out of people. Nasty pieces of shit.

In the words of Gil Scott-Heron "Who will Survive in America?"
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Warning: These are quite disturbing

L.A.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1268703884316479488

Buffalo

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1268716877355810818
What is clear is that violence is the go-to default setting in many of these policemen’s minds, whether dealing with black or white. Any challenge to their behaviour seems to be met with denial followed by brutality followed by denial.
A lot is being made of the widespread domestic violence by police, (40% admitted to it in one survey) as well as people pointing at the bodybuilder appearance of many of them, hinting at anabolic steroid use. Also a lot of veterans go into the police taking attitudes shaped by seeing anyone not “them” as an enemy.
(Look how many ex forces here support the Tories the Queen and Brexit, or join in with Yaxley.)
Add in racial prejudices and fear that all bullies have, and you see why George Floyd was murdered
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^ re the Buffalo incident the old man is in a hospital, his condition is described as serious - that was a terrible crack to his head when he was pushed over by the cops - the way the other cops all walk past him with blood spilling from his head - the fucking animals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/buffalo-police-officers-suspended-for-pushing-75-year-old-to-ground-during-protests

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
^ re the Buffalo incident the old man is in a hospital, his condition is described as serious - that was a terrible crack to his head when he was pushed over by the cops - the way the other cops all walk past him with blood spilling from his head - the fucking animals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/buffalo-police-officers-suspended-for-pushing-75-year-old-to-ground-during-protests

The poor guy will probably never fully recover, if he survives at all.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Saw the video of the old man pushed over and what looks like a fractured skull. Police in America really are scumbags aren't they? As soon as they put on that uniform and badge, they seem to turn into thugs without any remorse whatsoever. I hope the protests continue, it is unbelievably corrupt over there. I'm still furious over the fact that George Zimmerman still walks freely.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/13/18253848/eric-garner-footage-ramsey-orta-police-brutality-killing-safety

Long and a heartbreaking read. Not related to the current situation but does relate to the issue of racism and police brutality in general in the US.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know it's twitter and I shouldn't be surprised by some comments but there are still people defending the cops. 

Even the old guy clip someone said it was self defence as they're trained to do that if a member of the public approach them.

Seriously?  Aren't they paid to serve and protect the public?

Having said that I'm shocked that I'm shocked that people are only just realising that this is normal life to a lot of people.

How can you live there and not know that this is what happens in their own towns and cities?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

However much that sucks you can clearly see that some of the cops are impacted by the sound of his head hitting the ground. You can't tar all of them with the poor performance of a few.

Hopefully, the old fella fully recovers. In the meantime the offending officers should be prosecuted.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Y'know, I'd honestly like to see Trump impeached again just to watch the Republicans acquit him once more. Watching them squirm on TV as they justified their vote would probably add another 10 points to Biden's lead.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
Someone's documented all the videos of police brutality, 370 so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YmZeSxpz52qT-10tkCjWOwOGkQqle7Wd1P7ZM1wMW0E/htmlview?pru=AAABcqTdx3U
Cheers for that. I’m surprised there hasn’t been revenge attacks what with all the guns over there

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Lot of extremely triggering videos on twitter. Very worrying

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
What’s mental is that they know this is all being recorded and they don’t give a shit. Like they know nothing’s going to happen to them.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Jesus Christ. Philadelphia PD seem to be some of the worst.

https://twitter.com/redfishstream/status/1268879725608534016?s=21

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
First step forward.

Robert E Lee statue: Virginia governor announces removal of monument

Virginia's Governor Ralph Northam has announced that a statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee will be removed from the state capital.

The controversial statue will be put into storage "as soon as possible", the governor said.

The monument has been vandalised during recent protests over the killing of African American George Floyd.
Memorials to the Confederacy, which fought to keep black people as slaves, have long stirred controversy.

At a news conference, a round of applause erupted when Governor Northam said the 12-ton statue would be
removed.

"In Virginia, we no longer preach a false version of history," the governor said.

"In 2020, we can no longer honour a system that was based on enslaving people. That statue has been there a long time. But it was wrong then, and it's wrong now. So we're taking it down."

Referencing Gen Lee's own words, Governor Northam said "I think it wise not to keep open the sores of war".

The Robert E Lee statue is the largest of five Confederate statues along Richmond's Monument Avenue. They have been rallying points during protests in Virginia in recent days, and have been tagged with graffiti, including messages that say "end police brutality" and "stop white supremacy".

"They are extremely heavy and would crush anyone standing too close. Please be aware of the danger. Stand down!" the Richmond Police Department tweeted on Monday.

Hundreds of statues of Lee, General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and other famous figures of the Confederacy - the southern states that revolted against the federal government - exist in the US.

Some see the memorials, as well as Confederate flags, as markers of US history and southern culture.

But to others they serve as an offensive reminder of the country's history of slavery and racial oppression.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52920610

However, state senator Amanda Chase who's running for governor. "Its our history. Do I think we should learn from it? Absolutely. And we should add to the monuments that are there. Lets be honest here, this is an overt effort here to erase all white history"

What about black history? If they keep these statues then they should be emblazoned with who they are.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
However much that sucks you can clearly see that some of the cops are impacted by the sound of his head hitting the ground. You can't tar all of them with the poor performance of a few.

Hopefully, the old fella fully recovers. In the meantime the offending officers should be prosecuted.

But how many of those sickened will report him.
How many will claim Omerta and say they didn’t see it.

There are some lads on here who can pull up reams of evidence of English police lying about their actions from 1989. Many of them lied because they saw themselves as distinct from the society they should have served.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake

It looks like it is coming out of his ear as well. He looks like he could be dead there and then. Fucking grim.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/05/police-us-history-reform-violence-oppression

I thought this was a pretty interesting article about how deeply ingrained violence is into the culture and foundations of many police forces in the US. It never really occurred to me how the foundation of police forces within the context of a racist frontier society might shape modern day policing values in such a way.

I know we have our deeply rooted problems here as well, and this is a wider societal issue then just police violence against minorities, but I am still glad we at least pretend to pay homage to the ideas of īPolicing by consentī - because the US-style alternative is so much worse.

I think it also points to just how difficult this will be to change. I donīt think anything short of complete structural and cultural reform of the US policing system, and probably the abolition and reformation of most (or all?) US police forces, will really tackle a clearly out of control policing system. The hurdles to that are huge. And that is just the beginning, because you are also talking about completely reforming the judicial system, prison system and wider constitution.

And that is not even mentioning the social and cultural changes needed to gain the support to do that and maintain it
« Last Edit: June 5, 2020, 01:53:38 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
It looks like it is coming out of his ear as well. He looks like he could be dead there and then. Fucking grim.
Quick anecdote about that - I attended as a first aider to a similar incident some years back - young lad pushed over a homeless guy who fell backwards similarly to this fella. Crack on the skull. Blood, etc. It seemed there that the blood was from the ear too, which you'd think is a terrible sign. It's feasible that here, just as then, it was blood coming from elsewhere on the head, trickling down past and over/around the ear. I remember being a bit freaked out and, when on the phone to 999, was reassured by being told that cerebral fluid coming out of the ear would be clear, not bloody.

Still, that video is a fucking shocking example of "disproportionate force" and sadly symptomatic of badly trained law enforcement mixed with arrogance mixed with fear mixed with bravado cos he's a dude with riot gear and a shield. Piece of shit more like.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The last person killed by Vallejo police was Willie McCoy, a 20-year-old who had been sleeping in his car in February 2019 when six officers fired 55 bullets in 3.5 seconds. One of the six officers who killed McCoy, a rising rapper in the Bay Area, had previously killed an unarmed man who was fleeing on his bike. Another Vallejo officer killed three men in a five-month period and was subsequently promoted.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
God help us all

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/04/vallejo-police-kill-unarmed-man-california

Crazy. The police have a difficult job, but they need to improve and it needs to be a fast improvement. Things like that will only make the protests more intense.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Murderers wearing police badges with no consequences essentially.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1268169436118294528

Turns out Steven Spielbergs editing the rifles back into the blu ray version of E.T. as walkie talkies, pieces of cardboard, mobile phones and a person right to protest peacefully are more likely to frighten children  than some fat hillbilly carrying a fucking machine gun sat outside ya house

What a nuts country

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Going back to 2016, there's Philandro Castile, who was shot in front of his girlfriend and her four year old daughter.

Castile was driving with his partner Diamond Reynolds and her four-year-old daughter when at 9:00 p.m. their vehicle was pulled over by Yanez and another officer in Falcon Heights, a suburb of Saint Paul, Minnesota. After being asked for his license and registration, Castile told Officer Yanez that he had a firearm (Castile was licensed to carry) to which Yanez replied, "Don't reach for it then", and Castile said "I'm, I, I was reaching for..." Yanez said "Don't pull it out", Castile replied "I'm not pulling it out", and Reynolds said "He's not..." Yanez repeated "Don't pull it out"[5] and then shot at Castile at close range seven times, hitting him five times. Castile died at 9:37 p.m. at Hennepin County Medical Center, about 20 minutes after being shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Philando_Castile

The officer who shot him was acquitted of all charges.

This video below is a tough (not graphic) watch, showing the little girl trying to comfort her mother in the immediate aftermath. Four years old.

https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/1266695195808186369?s=20

• Legacy Fan
Going back to 2016, there's Philandro Castile, who was shot in front of his girlfriend and her four year old daughter.

The officer who shot him was acquitted of all charges.

This video below is a tough (not graphic) watch, showing the little girl trying to comfort her mother in the immediate aftermath. Four years old.

https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/1266695195808186369?s=20

Yeah it's heart breaking, I referenced this incident several times. Now find various encounters with white individuals who are doing reckless things [ie carrying a machete] and end up alive, unscathed when they arrest them.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
The scale and number of these executions is frightening.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
More police loveliness

Just thugs, really. Thick as pig shit, and have psychological issues and short tempers. No different to the kind of dickheads you'd see in football ultras inciting riots and harming people. That knob actually chases someone down and then has a standing run with a bat to the back of his head. Should be done for GBH. It's concerning, because what happens if a group of rioters decide to bring out the petrol bombs and other such things?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
God help us all

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/04/vallejo-police-kill-unarmed-man-california

The police seem to be using the fact that these people are 'long serving veterans' as a defence of their actions. All it means is they have had 18 years to or however long to imbue whatever fucked up culture it is that leads to police brutality and shoot-first-think-later. In a lot of instaces their length of service just means they have had more time to rack up these instances of abuse and brutality.

The fact they are veterans makes it a hell of lot worse.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/05/police-us-history-reform-violence-oppression

I thought this was a pretty interesting article about how deeply ingrained violence is into the culture and foundations of many police forces in the US. It never really occurred to me how the foundation of police forces within the context of a racist frontier society might shape modern day policing values in such a way.

I know we have our deeply rooted problems here as well, and this is a wider societal issue then just police violence against minorities, but I am still glad we at least pretend to pay homage to the ideas of īPolicing by consentī - because the US-style alternative is so much worse.

I think it also points to just how difficult this will be to change. I donīt think anything short of complete structural and cultural reform of the US policing system, and probably the abolition and reformation of most (or all?) US police forces, will really tackle a clearly out of control policing system. The hurdles to that are huge. And that is just the beginning, because you are also talking about completely reforming the judicial system, prison system and wider constitution.

And that is not even mentioning the social and cultural changes needed to gain the support to do that and maintain it
There is a really good Michael Moore documentary on the problem America has with violence, think it is 'Bowling for Columbine'. Looks at Detroit and a town in Canada just over the border in Canada which has almost the exact same gun laws but barely any murders. Essentially he puts it down to the media and politicians stirring people up and it leading to fear.