Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 15701 times)

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Believer
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2020, 01:59:34 AM »
My Son has caught it, he's been on furlough since March, went back to work last week caught covid from an apprentice...More than likely within the first hour, while travelling to site in works van.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #241 on: November 2, 2020, 03:56:43 PM »
My wife and I both tested positive a couple of weeks ago after an outbreak in her office. Basically one of their sales reps wife tested positive, but he visited the work office before knowing. In that same week my wife (who usually works from home and had also been on maternity leave for 6 months) went into the office for the first time since January - and BAM, just like that we both have Covid.

I honestly can't recall ever being unwell for more than a week in my life, but this was a rough ten days or so with new symptoms appearing almost daily. For me, those included:

• Headache
  • Cough
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of appetite
  • Sore throat
  • Fever

My wife had some additional symptoms that were different to mine as well, such as loss of taste/smell.

Finally feeling better now, just with a lingering cough and occasional fatigue.

My mother-in-law has now also tested positive, and father-in-law is showing symptoms...
« Last Edit: November 2, 2020, 04:01:39 PM by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
« Reply #242 on: November 2, 2020, 05:30:35 PM »
Good to hear you're on the mend mate, best wishes & speedy recoveries to all. 🙏
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Awkward Squad
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2020, 11:44:30 PM »

Hope you and yours are doing well, Grobbelrevell.

The missus and me tested positive on Saturday. She likely picked it up from her work (working from home 3 days, 2 days in the office). Her work have finally decided to do a 'deep clean' for the first time since they re-opened the offices back up - despite four others there testing positive of late.

The missus seems to be over the worst part and mainly feels tired. I'm struggling with the lethargy, lack of concentration, headaches, coughing and sore throat - yet I don't feel too bad otherwise. It reminds me a bit like having glandular fever when I was a teenager - so have been bloody lucky (though I don't quite feel like it right now).
a Useful Links post to help follow the RedMen & football in general for 2020/21; info for tv, streams, IPTV, goal videos, incidents, highlights & full game replays - as well as news, line-ups, latest scores, & more.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Believer
  • Trada
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2020, 07:46:48 PM »
Something I'm wondering about say the Government rolls out the first vaccine released  loads of people get their 2nd shoot and it turns out it only gives you, let's say 3 months protection.

And say one of the later vaccines released gives you a year's protection would they start to roll that one out or would loads of tests need to be done first about what happens if you start to mix and match different vaccines?
“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.”

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

Offline Jwils21

• Kopite
  • Up the Reds
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
Think me and the missus had it earlier in the year, but it was when testing was sparse. Load of us were in town not long before lockdown and almost everyone who went out ended up ill. Thankfully we were both over the worst in about 10 days or so, she had some longer lasting symptoms to do with her taste/smell but was back to normal after a couple of months... she could constantly smell cigarette smoke and couldn't taste a thing. My sister has similar symptoms still, she can't eat certain foods because they taste really off.

Symptoms I had:

• Fever, which eventually developed into being constantly extremely cold
  • Extreme Fatigue
  • Persistent Cough
  • Minor loss of taste/smell
The Walrus was Paul

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #246 on: January 9, 2021, 12:25:39 PM »
I tested positive on Monday. Been fatigued and wiped out, starting to get abit more energy today. I’ve completely lost my sense of smell and taste which is pretty grim. I’m praying it comes back but I know for some people it doesn’t come back quickly 😔

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports
  • Believer
« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2021, 09:50:40 AM »
My cousin (same age as me) sadly passed away yesterday. Truly devastating.

Online aw1991

• Believer
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:08 AM »
My condolences mate. May you know no more sorrow.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:14 AM »

Very sorry to hear that mate. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2021, 01:09:36 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2021, 04:47:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that amir mate, that's terrible for you. Too young, RIP.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »
Condolences Amir, no one should go at that sort of age :(
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports
  • Believer
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2021, 09:43:36 AM »
Thanks guys. Just a horrible, horrible time right now.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius.
  • Believer
  • being crazy is what keeps me from going insane
« Reply #254 on: Yesterday at 09:35:39 AM »
haven't been posting on here since being tested positive after my girl was tested positive - she's a key worker

had to send away for a postal test and administer it myself - scary as fuck - as I had symptoms but not any of the main 3 thankfully

anyway, mostly been in bed for the last 12 days with tiredness, aches, sore throat, lethargy and like a really bad cold but not developing into anything worse just constantly feeling like any day now i'm going to go full flu symptoms

so i've now completed my self-isolation period - NHS did get in touch and have been very good i have to admit - and me and my girl are slowly getting better but still no where near 100%

absolutely shitty scary terrible time - it's the not-knowing how the infection is going to affect you that's the biggest fear

one day you get out of bed and make a sandwich then look at it and want to throw up and end up going back to bed after eating nothing and feeling worse than when you just got up

even a glass of water can make you want to throw up

you have days when you think 'i'm getting over this' to a couple of hours later when you think 'i'm worse than ever before'

really wouldn't want to wish this shit on anyone - horrible horrible horrible

but we're getting there and i'm feeling up to posting back on here - yeh fuck you lot ha ha - but could've done without the shitty draw to utd yesterday just when i was feeling a little better!!!

go to stay positive - for want of a better word  ::)

I neither know nor care

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • @hartejack
« Reply #255 on: Yesterday at 09:52:14 AM »
so i've now completed my self-isolation period - NHS did get in touch and have been very good i have to admit - and me and my girl are slowly getting better but still no where near 100%

Sorry to hear that it knocked you out so much, but glad your through the worst of it.  Hope you continue to pick up through the weekend ahead.

---

I've posted bits in other threads, but hadn't spotted this one - it perhaps makes sense to pop my own experience in here.

I received an exposure notification on Tuesday 5th, instructing my to isolate for 5 days (must have been half way through, with the person I came into contact with having not received test results for a while).  Immediately ordered a home testing kit, which I received, took, & posted off on the Wednesday - received the positive test on the morning of Saturday 9th.

I traced symptoms back to Monday 4th - I'd initially written this off, as I just thought that sleeping pattern had been way out for a few weeks and that the early start (first day back working - from home) had knocked me out a bit, and I felt a bit better the following day.  In hindsight though, I recognise that this was the first day of roughly a week of cold symptoms.  Fortunately, I don't feel as though I suffered with it at all - the cold was very mild (and wouldn't have stopped me working/getting out/going for a run/etc during normal times), with the only additional thing being sore/heavy legs for 4/5 days.  I also lost my sense of smell at some point last Saturday, but this only lasted for about three days - sounds daft, but I'm not sure if I lost my sense of taste (some may say I never had it) or if my mind was playing tricks on me one way or another.

I believe I'm correct to have been free since Friday, and it's been nice to take a walk and do my own shopping again!  Went for a (very!) short run on Saturday, and felt this on my chest a little for an hour or two afterwards, but figure this was probably just the cold & the month-long lack of practice rather than any after-effects of the virus.

Overall, feeling very fortunate to have made it through seemingly without impact - felt almost bad for it, but I suppose I'm probably one of the vast majority in my experience of it.  I suppose my reflections on it would be that I must have picked it up in such an innocuous, unknowing, way - it just goes to show how easy it is to catch this virus.

Keep yourselves and your loved ones safe folks - it won't be like this all the time.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius.
  • Believer
  • being crazy is what keeps me from going insane
« Reply #256 on: Yesterday at 12:33:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that it knocked you out so much, but glad your through the worst of it.  Hope you continue to pick up through the weekend ahead.

---

I've posted bits in other threads, but hadn't spotted this one - it perhaps makes sense to pop my own experience in here.

I received an exposure notification on Tuesday 5th, instructing my to isolate for 5 days (must have been half way through, with the person I came into contact with having not received test results for a while).  Immediately ordered a home testing kit, which I received, took, & posted off on the Wednesday - received the positive test on the morning of Saturday 9th.

I traced symptoms back to Monday 4th - I'd initially written this off, as I just thought that sleeping pattern had been way out for a few weeks and that the early start (first day back working - from home) had knocked me out a bit, and I felt a bit better the following day.  In hindsight though, I recognise that this was the first day of roughly a week of cold symptoms.  Fortunately, I don't feel as though I suffered with it at all - the cold was very mild (and wouldn't have stopped me working/getting out/going for a run/etc during normal times), with the only additional thing being sore/heavy legs for 4/5 days.  I also lost my sense of smell at some point last Saturday, but this only lasted for about three days - sounds daft, but I'm not sure if I lost my sense of taste (some may say I never had it) or if my mind was playing tricks on me one way or another.

I believe I'm correct to have been free since Friday, and it's been nice to take a walk and do my own shopping again!  Went for a (very!) short run on Saturday, and felt this on my chest a little for an hour or two afterwards, but figure this was probably just the cold & the month-long lack of practice rather than any after-effects of the virus.

Overall, feeling very fortunate to have made it through seemingly without impact - felt almost bad for it, but I suppose I'm probably one of the vast majority in my experience of it.  I suppose my reflections on it would be that I must have picked it up in such an innocuous, unknowing, way - it just goes to show how easy it is to catch this virus.

Keep yourselves and your loved ones safe folks - it won't be like this all the time.

cheers for that mate

thing is a lot of people think you only have covid if you end up in hospital on a ventilator - no no no people can have it and show differing symptoms just like you and me

glad you got through it relatively unscathed - a lot of people do but they are still infectious and so can pass it on to others who might not be so lucky

I neither know nor care