Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 9468 times)

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #200 on: May 4, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
Maybe a bit of both? Someone I work with it has been off with for 2 weeks and sounds like has it and can’t shake it off. She’s only mid 20s but I think has one or two underlying issues. Pretty sure she’d have been as careful as she could be.

I know someone else who was rough for a few days and self isolated from the rest of his family who now seems to be fully recovered.

On the whole it does fee as if things have calmed down a bit but obviously that’s a very small sample size and who knows if we’ll see an increase as and when things get lifted (or before of people get too relaxed).

When we start to lift, as harsh as this sounds, we need to properly lock the over 65's away for a few months. Over 14,000 of the deaths are the over 80's according to the ONS and as of April 17th 87% of deaths involved the over 65's. If we allow everyone out, we will get a spike in deaths.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #201 on: May 4, 2020, 03:48:58 PM »
When we start to lift, as harsh as this sounds, we need to properly lock the over 65's away for a few months. Over 14,000 of the deaths are the over 80's according to the ONS and as of April 17th 87% of deaths involved the over 65's. If we allow everyone out, we will get a spike in deaths.

My parents are just over/under 70 respectively and we’ll be playing it safe we’ll after lockdown has lifted I think. They won’t be rushing out immediately afterwards.

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #202 on: May 4, 2020, 03:55:10 PM »
My parents are just over/under 70 respectively and we’ll be playing it safe we’ll after lockdown has lifted I think. They won’t be rushing out immediately afterwards.

My stepdad is 78 and I will not be going near him until it is safe. My Dad is 72 and a dickhead, so I can see him going out. He's been whining on FB according to my missus.

As I posted in the annoy thread, far too many over 65's are out and about by me anyway and I've read some horror stories from around the country about them going out, even when in the highest risk category, so I can see it just getting worse. Shithouse Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson won't want to upset his voting public though, so can see him fucking this one up too.

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: May 4, 2020, 09:26:18 PM »
Shithouse Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson won't want to upset his voting public though, so can see him fucking this one up too.
True - though if they all go out, get COVID-19 and die from it, they won't be able to vote for him anyway...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #204 on: May 5, 2020, 11:04:47 AM »
True - though if they all go out, get COVID-19 and die from it, they won't be able to vote for him anyway...

Can we then reverse Brexit?

Offline Komic

• Believer
« Reply #205 on: May 7, 2020, 07:58:16 AM »
Has anyone been to the testing centre at Manchester airport?

My partner has an appointment this morning but the directions she has just says the airport. Tried searching online but can only find its in a staff car park and there are 3 of them.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #206 on: May 7, 2020, 08:09:44 AM »
Has anyone been to the testing centre at Manchester airport?

My partner has an appointment this morning but the directions she has just says the airport. Tried searching online but can only find its in a staff car park and there are 3 of them.

Not been but Terminal 1 is the only open Terminal at the minute, Terminal 2 is undergoing works, so that might be of help? I'd think T3 car park is the likeliest.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 08:14:43 AM by rob1966 »

Offline Komic

• Believer
« Reply #207 on: May 7, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »
Not been but Terminal 1 is the only open Terminal at the minute, Terminal 2 is undergoing works, so that might be of help? I'd think T3 car park is the likeliest.

Cheers, managed to find it at staff south but there are no signs except at the entrance.

Offline 24∗7

• https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Loves to check his log!
    • 'Soul Bearing' - a very personal blog.
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #208 on: May 7, 2020, 10:46:12 AM »
Cheers, managed to find it at staff south but there are no signs except at the entrance.
All the best - hope the test(s?) comes back negative.

Weird innit that COVID has created a culture where thinking negatively is a Good Thing ;)
"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom." - Rabindranath Tagore.

Offline Komic

• Believer
« Reply #209 on: May 7, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »
All the best - hope the test(s?) comes back negative.

Weird innit that COVID has created a culture where thinking negatively is a Good Thing ;)

Cheers, just the one test. It was a weird decision to get the test as we're not confident she has it and it's probably something else. However her grandad was self isolating and got it and 2 others might have it at her work and she is still having to go to work so even if its unlikely, its worth it not passing it on.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #210 on: May 8, 2020, 11:02:52 AM »

I can get why they wouldn't advertise it due to idiots showing up, but to not give directions to those with appts :butt

I also hope she tests negative.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »
I was tested one week ago. Test came back negative yesterday.

Very weird illness I had. Didn't sleep well the prior Thursday night. Felt chills. Fine throughout the following day except for being tired. At 430pm I tried to nap. Woke up with chills, sweating, and had a 101.5 F temp (38.6 C). Took the temp three times over 1.5 hours and it was the same. No other symptoms. Called a triage nurse at my company & got tested the next morning. Temp was 99.9 F then (37.7 C). Temp dropped into the 97s by nighttime (low for most, but usual for me). No idea what that was. I hadn't been out of my house for a full week prior.

Part of me is relieved. But another part of me wishes I had contracted COVID-19 as it would have been a rather mild experience (as described) and I wouldn't have to worry about catching it anymore.  Oh well, back to worrying.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Believer
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2020, 06:36:29 AM »
On another thread but US sailors have had the virus twice and needed to be re-segregated....

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
I was tested one week ago. Test came back negative yesterday.

Very weird illness I had. Didn't sleep well the prior Thursday night. Felt chills. Fine throughout the following day except for being tired. At 430pm I tried to nap. Woke up with chills, sweating, and had a 101.5 F temp (38.6 C). Took the temp three times over 1.5 hours and it was the same. No other symptoms. Called a triage nurse at my company & got tested the next morning. Temp was 99.9 F then (37.7 C). Temp dropped into the 97s by nighttime (low for most, but usual for me). No idea what that was. I hadn't been out of my house for a full week prior.

Part of me is relieved. But another part of me wishes I had contracted COVID-19 as it would have been a rather mild experience (as described) and I wouldn't have to worry about catching it anymore.  Oh well, back to worrying.

It still may have been covid-19.  Large false negative rate, hence why hospital patients are tested more than once before they’re discharged.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Believer
  • Trada
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2020, 11:59:04 AM »
I'm fine so far I've only been out 3 times since the lockdown began and that was just to top up my electric key I guess I'm lucky to live in a house on my own will a garden to go out into.

Mind you my front lawn has gone wild the grass is waist-high right now, and people walk pass like a wild beast will jump out and attack them.

Im still in total lockdown and will be still for a while, saw that the Weston Super Mare hospital today has stopped taking in people because of a big increase in positive Covid19 tests.

Which is worring because we have been reasonably lucky in the West Country so far
“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.”

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

Offline Just Elmo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »
I'm fine so far I've only been out 3 times since the lockdown began and that was just to top up my electric key I guess I'm lucky to live in a house on my own will a garden to go out into.

Mind you my front lawn has gone wild the grass is waist-high right now, and people walk pass like a wild beast will jump out and attack them.

Im still in total lockdown and will be still for a while, saw that the Weston Super Mare hospital today has stopped taking in people because of a big increase in positive Covid19 tests.

Which is worring because we have been reasonably lucky in the West Country so far

I read elsewhere that that hospital is always closing to new patients due to being full, it is that small that it doesn't take a big fluctuation to fill it up and have to send new patients elsewhere.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Believer
  • Trada
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2020, 03:25:43 PM »
I read elsewhere that that hospital is always closing to new patients due to being full, it is that small that it doesn't take a big fluctuation to fill it up and have to send new patients elsewhere.

Not sure about that

Hospital in Weston-super-Mare that shut to new patients over spike in Covid-19 cases 'sees 40% of staff test positive for the infection'

Weston General Hospital suddenly stopped accepting new patients on Monday

Bosses said there was a 'high number of Covid-19 patients' in the hospital

A leaked memo claimed 40% of staff had tested positive for the infection

The trust did not deny it, but said there was an 'emerging picture' of staff cases

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8360767/Hospital-Weston-super-Mare-shut-new-patients-sees-40-staff-test-positive-Covid-19.html

Anyway I will stop posting in here  now,
“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.”

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »
It's my local hospital. It is constantly closing, the A&E doesnt even open overnight anymore. It has about 250 beds, on an average day a serious car crash can put it under pressure.

That said, the percentage of staff who have tested positive is extremely high.

Offline Trada

• Believer
  • Trada
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
Sorry have to post this in this thread for some reason Im stull banned from posting in News and Current affairs,

But its something that is really pissing me off and I think it will kill lot of extra people.

So we have gone from level 4 to level 1 in a week

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2020, 12:03:05 PM »
Sorry have to post this in this thread for some reason Im stull banned from posting in News and Current affairs,

But its something that is really pissing me off and I think it will kill lot of extra people.

So we have gone from level 4 to level 1 in a week

We're not at 1, we are shifting between 4 to 3, so about 3.5, if that can be a gauge.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
Describe contact?

In full detail please and I may be able to advise on your position.
Hello, is the offer of Advice open to everyone?