Author Topic: Not being able to go the game  (Read 32467 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Not being able to go the game
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2020, 12:51:22 am »
If it's just a flu with a chest infection, why are countries going into lockdown and the WHO declaring it a global pandemic? You should maybe give them a ring to let them know they're over reacting since you know better than them.

Well all healthcare professionals agree with her

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2020, 01:21:09 am »
Confirmation coming tomorrow of all games going behind closed doors

• League behind closed doors, not suspended

• Ticket holders for games will be able to stream games to their homes via iFollow streams

• No games allowed to be shown in pubs

• No 3pm games on TV

• More than one game to be screened at lunchtime & teatime
we are on TV up until May anyway, club have big issue with credits etc now

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2020, 04:03:18 am »
we are on TV up until May anyway, club have big issue with credits etc now

Me and my mate were on about this on the drive home from the game. Surely everyone’s just stay as they are for the game’s they’ve bought? Would be utter chaos otherwise.

Let’s say for example someone has got themselves to 16 this season, including all our remaining 4 homes. They take those away, if they all end up behind closed doors, and suddenly that fan is back below the guaranteed credits!

Would not like to be working in any football club’s ticket department in the next few weeks! How are they going to approach season tickets etc. Could cause huge problems for lower league clubs...

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2020, 04:27:20 am »
Me and my mate were on about this on the drive home from the game. Surely everyone’s just stay as they are for the game’s they’ve bought? Would be utter chaos otherwise.

Let’s say for example someone has got themselves to 16 this season, including all our remaining 4 homes. They take those away, if they all end up behind closed doors, and suddenly that fan is back below the guaranteed credits!

Would not like to be working in any football club’s ticket department in the next few weeks! How are they going to approach season tickets etc. Could cause huge problems for lower league clubs...
yeah but for someone like me on 12 with no chance to purchase the remaining games, what happens to me? Chances are I would’ve got to 13 and I was on pace to but now I’m left in the cold? Not on that

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2020, 07:07:06 am »

• Ticket holders for games will be able to stream games to their homes via iFollow streams

• No 3pm games on TV

According to a single journalist
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2020, 07:08:10 am »
Well all healthcare professionals agree with her

Sound, nothing you worry about then. We can all go back to normal and stop all this chat of suspended leagues and missing out on seeing the trophy lift.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2020, 07:13:21 am »
Football is a contact sport.  If it's judged dangerous for fans to stand next to each other, it's more dangerous for the players.  PFA should be calling for suspension rather than playing behind closed doors.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2020, 07:27:39 am »
According to a single journalist

More than one.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2020, 07:29:03 am »
Sound, nothing you worry about then. We can all go back to normal and stop all this chat of suspended leagues and missing out on seeing the trophy lift.

Who’s saying that?

What else do you think coronavirus is then ffs?

Hard work you

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2020, 07:35:40 am »
If it's just a flu with a chest infection, why are countries going into lockdown and the WHO declaring it a global pandemic? You should maybe give them a ring to let them know they're over reacting since you know better than them.

Probably because there’s no vaccine yet to protect the elderly and vulnerable. That’s all.

If we had a vaccine to this you think it would be a pandemic?

They’ve not declared it a pandemic because of the symptoms.....

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2020, 07:36:30 am »
Football is a contact sport.  If it's judged dangerous for fans to stand next to each other, it's more dangerous for the players.  PFA should be calling for suspension rather than playing behind closed doors.

Will be suspended soon. Juventus player has it, he wont be the last

Euros need canning

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2020, 08:01:23 am »
Probably because there’s no vaccine yet to protect the elderly and vulnerable. That’s all.

If we had a vaccine to this you think it would be a pandemic?

They’ve not declared it a pandemic because of the symptoms.....

Yeah exactly!! This virus is nothing more than the flu but as there’s no vaccine its led to this ridiculous set of events worldwide.

If they don’t play behind closed doors, I’d starting banning the 70+ and those who may have any underlying respiratory problems.

To be honest, just want to make it to the end of the season without anything getting stopped permanently

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2020, 08:13:33 am »

• No 3pm games on TV

Should be suspended. Will still be thousands gathering outside many stadiums and the stadium itself will still be full of media, staff and directors. Playing behind closed doors wouldn’t have helped the situation regarding the Forest owner as he would’ve still been inside the ground regardless.

Totally counter productive.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2020, 08:27:48 am »
Wonder if Palace is still on sale tomorrow. Probably expect an announcement today

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2020, 08:41:11 am »
Should be suspended. Will still be thousands gathering outside many stadiums and the stadium itself will still be full of media, staff and directors. Playing behind closed doors wouldn’t have helped the situation regarding the Forest owner as he would’ve still been inside the ground regardless.

Totally counter productive.

You know what you’re effectively asking for don’t you

A complete quarantine

People of this country will never ever ever be able to do it. We are like unruly kids

My boss for example. He only knows money, there would have to be bodies in the street before he allowed anything but business as usual. Everyone is a Hypochondriac to Him
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2020, 09:25:39 am »
I’m not asking for anything, I’m just stating my opinion that I feel playing behind closed doors is nothing but counter productive when we’re now hearing about players and directors of football teams coming down with the virus and we’ve got thousands of fans gathering outside stadiums throughout Europe.

When you see the scenes in Paris and Valencia pre game this week, it’s not just people in this country who could be classed as ‘unruly kids’ either.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2020, 09:51:51 am »
We are like unruly kids

This is the most worrying thing, i have spoke to loads of people and witnessed people at the match last night that are not taking this seriously, and its this lack of responsibility which is going to fuck us all.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2020, 09:59:12 am »
No need for that.

There is need, when it is misinformation being spread.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2020, 10:25:29 am »
Premier League distancing themselves from times report of all games behind closed doors according to Dan Roan.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2020, 10:36:36 am »
Feels like something is going to be announced very soon

Just cannot see the derby going ahead or being played in a full stadium

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2020, 11:01:24 am »
Premier League distancing themselves from times report of all games behind closed doors according to Dan Roan.

Won't be their decision though will it

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2020, 11:04:44 am »
There is need, when it is misinformation being spread.

What misinformation did i spread?

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2020, 11:19:51 am »
La Liga suspended for at least two weeks.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2020, 11:21:24 am »
Gross negligence if this weekends games are played with fans, premier league need an announcement now   

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2020, 11:26:02 am »
It’s not up to the Premier League though, is it? It’s a call to be made by the government surely?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2020, 11:27:52 am »
It’s not up to the Premier League though, is it? It’s a call to be made by the government surely?
it is but the premier league can also make the call and it’s very irresponsible not to be making it

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2020, 11:34:36 am »
Gross negligence if this weekends games are played with fans, premier league need an announcement now

Will you have the same virtue signalling self righteousness about all other aspects or human interaction like shops, pubs, trains, planes, busses, hotels, hospital visitors, walking the streets, offices etc.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2020, 11:39:23 am »
I'll have to lock this if you carry on sniping at each other, we don't really know anything at the moment so can we stick to actual news or just moaning will do, but less being shitty to each other. Thanks.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2020, 11:41:27 am »
All schools now shut in Ireland

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2020, 11:41:41 am »
What misinformation did i spread?

Your comparisons to flu.  As far as I am aware influenza doesn't cause the NHS to be in crisis.  This virus will cause a massage shortage of ICU beds.  The knock on effects of that are huge. 

You are saying healthy 80 year olds will probably survive this.  Where is your source for that? 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #350 on: March 12, 2020, 11:42:14 am »
it is but the premier league can also make the call and it’s very irresponsible not to be making it
Why is it? Are we all of a sudden ignoring the ‘science’ that’s been continually referred to regarding outdoor gatherings?

There’s millions of people travelling on the London Underground every day, as well as thousands of flights coming in and out country still.

Do we stop them as well?

Playing these matches being closed doors will be nothing but counter productive. There’ll be thousands outside of certain stadiums and still staff inside the stadiums. Playing behind closed doors wouldn’t have made any difference with regards to the Forest owner and absolutely no difference to our executives who would’ve been mingling with the Madrid hierarchy pre and post game last night.

Needs to be all or nothing for me.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2020, 11:43:01 am »
Will you have the same virtue signalling self righteousness about all other aspects or human interaction like shops, pubs, trains, planes, busses, hotels, hospital visitors, walking the streets, offices etc.
awk give me a break, the premier league is the only football league on earth left with fans, the NBA suspended its season last night, its inevitable it’s happening as much as we all don’t want it too

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2020, 11:46:24 am »
Your comparisons to flu.  As far as I am aware influenza doesn't cause the NHS to be in crisis.  This virus will cause a massage shortage of ICU beds.  The knock on effects of that are huge. 

You are saying healthy 80 year olds will probably survive this.  Where is your source for that? 

The strain is slightly worse than flu.

But the fact, (and this is a fact) is the vast majority of cases have been mild and people have made a speedy recovery. And that's not my words, that's the words of the alert we got to day from actual NHS chief executives.

The NHS won't be in crisis if only actual urgent cases are being dealt with and not the 'mild' ones.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:48:42 am by scouser102002 »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2020, 11:46:30 am »
awk give me a break, the premier league is the only football league on earth left with fans, the NBA suspended its season last night, its inevitable it’s happening as much as we all don’t want it too
You've avoided the question I see.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 12, 2020, 11:47:37 am »
You've avoided the question I see.
not sure what I’m meant to say mate

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #355 on: March 12, 2020, 11:47:44 am »
The strain is slightly worse than flu.

But the fact, (and this is a fact) is the vast majority of cases have been mild and people have made a speedy recovery. And that's not my words, that's the words of the alert we got to day from actual NHS chief executives.

The NHS won't be in crisis if only actual urgent cases are being dealt with and not the 'mild' ones.

The NHS do not have anywhere near enough ICU beds to cope - that is a fact.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2020, 11:47:51 am »
Why is it? Are we all of a sudden ignoring the ‘science’ that’s been continually referred to regarding outdoor gatherings?

There’s millions of people travelling on the London Underground every day, as well as thousands of flights coming in and out country still.

Do we stop them as well?

Playing these matches being closed doors will be nothing but counter productive. There’ll be thousands outside of certain stadiums and still staff inside the stadiums. Playing behind closed doors wouldn’t have made any difference with regards to the Forest owner and absolutely no difference to our executives who would’ve been mingling with the Madrid hierarchy pre and post game last night.

Needs to be all or nothing for me.

Yes

They need to just fuck the Euros off and suspend the season

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2020, 11:49:06 am »
not sure what I’m meant to say mate

Will it be gross negligence if all the things listed in my post are not shut down?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2020, 11:49:28 am »
The NHS do not have anywhere near enough ICU beds to cope - that is a fact.

You don't have to tell me that.

But people with mild cases of this fucking virus do not need ICU beds

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2020, 11:50:37 am »
You don't have to tell me that.

But people with mild cases of this fucking virus do not need ICU beds

I know that.  But those with underlying problems, and the elderly most likely will. 

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer