Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 69239 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #720 on: July 7, 2023, 12:19:54 pm »
It’s great (though I would say that). Some subtle changes and of course her voice is more mature though she’s kept the country tones where appropriate. My daughter was up at 4.50am for the release.

We’re going camping this weekend so I suspect it will get repeat hearings and I’ll get to explore the vault tracks.
First impressions are it’s her weakest album of those I’ve heard (haven’t listened to her debut).

Still very listenable but the songs aren’t as strong for me as Fearless. The Story of Us is the main standout so far after a couple of listens.

I’d be interested to know what reception was like when it was released, as obviously Red followed which was her first real move away from this sound and wonder if she felt she’d gone as far as she could or if the sales perhaps were lower which led her to look at other styles. I’m sure Ciara will set me straight on that.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: July 7, 2023, 01:00:41 pm »
First impressions are it’s her weakest album of those I’ve heard (haven’t listened to her debut).

Still very listenable but the songs aren’t as strong for me as Fearless. The Story of Us is the main standout so far after a couple of listens.

I’d be interested to know what reception was like when it was released, as obviously Red followed which was her first real move away from this sound and wonder if she felt she’d gone as far as she could or if the sales perhaps were lower which led her to look at other styles. I’m sure Ciara will set me straight on that.

I initially felt the same way but it became one of my favourites of her albums. Certainly more raw and less refined but more personal for it. Back to December, Enchanted, Dear John, Haunted, love them all.

What will be interesting to see is whether she changes up her set list going forward to incorporate a Speak Now section. She’s performing in Kansas tonight. I think there’s a solid chance she will and she’ll strip out 3 or 4 other songs that we can live without it (looking at you ‘Vigilante Sh*t’).

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #722 on: July 7, 2023, 03:40:37 pm »
Is there a map of ticket prices/sections online yet?

Both Ticketmaster and AXS aren't showing one.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: July 7, 2023, 05:47:31 pm »
I called this morning and they said they don't know yet because it's not until next year and will release the information nearer the time.

Cheers mate !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: July 7, 2023, 06:10:51 pm »
Is there a map of ticket prices/sections online yet?

Both Ticketmaster and AXS aren't showing one.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #725 on: July 7, 2023, 07:31:43 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #726 on: July 7, 2023, 08:48:25 pm »

Thank you.

Is this 100% correct?

It done the rounds on twitter quite early but not sure 100%. Not sure who's sad enough to make fake seating maps though  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: July 8, 2023, 04:11:01 pm »
It done the rounds on twitter quite early but not sure 100%. Not sure who's sad enough to make fake seating maps though  ;D

It's the Internet. People are sad enough to fake anything. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #730 on: July 9, 2023, 09:14:35 am »
I'm hoping with those prices there may be a few who change their mind. 529 people in fact.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #731 on: July 9, 2023, 11:13:40 am »
I'm hoping with those prices there may be a few who change their mind. 529 people in fact.
I doubt it’ll go too far down the waiting list. Even those with no intention of going will buy because they know super fans would pay a kings ransom.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #732 on: July 9, 2023, 12:05:57 pm »
I doubt it’ll go too far down the waiting list. Even those with no intention of going will buy because they know super fans would pay a kings ransom.
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything but keeping some hope.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #733 on: July 9, 2023, 12:09:08 pm »

I think this possibly sits 9th on the list for me in terms of favourite albums of hers but there’s some gems that have always been in my absolute top/favourite songs.

I can see why it feels less mature but she was 19-20 when she wrote a lot of this. And the theme was wanting to speak about things she felt she couldn’t speak about at the time for whatever reason. Fearless had a lot of fairytale and make believe themes but there was a sense of maturity about it. Speak Now feels like it had no filter so I understand why people can feel some elements lack maturity. This is also entirely self-written too. Every track. So it was quite groundbreaking for a young artist to do this - she still battles the weirdos who think she doesn’t write her own songs, so this album was a bit of a f-you to those doubters too.

I enjoyed the release - I really like this album start to finish. I don’t think the vault songs stand out on first listens like the Red or Fearless tracks. Was pleased she kept some of the country elements - especially in tracks like Mine - that feels really authentic. Delighted with the lyric change too - don’t think it detracts from the song at all - the new lyric is quite clever and flows. The standard original album is a no skip for me - I really love it. Long Live, Last Kiss, Enchanted, Back to December, Dear John are all top tier songs for me. Lots of nostalgia in there too - if I was new to all of those songs now I’m not sure if that’s be different but I adore them. My birthday is immortalised in Last Kiss too - July 9th - which is today! That’s a real buzz for me haha!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: July 9, 2023, 12:09:39 pm »
Those of you with members access to tickets - when is that sale?

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: July 9, 2023, 02:24:34 pm »
Those of you with members access to tickets - when is that sale?

Happy birthday!

Members sale is Weds at 10am for 24hrs. Waitlist sale the next day.

Hope you get sorted as a proper fan, assume you have the Midnights presale from tomorrow.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: July 9, 2023, 03:36:41 pm »
I think this possibly sits 9th on the list for me in terms of favourite albums of hers but there’s some gems that have always been in my absolute top/favourite songs.

I can see why it feels less mature but she was 19-20 when she wrote a lot of this. And the theme was wanting to speak about things she felt she couldn’t speak about at the time for whatever reason. Fearless had a lot of fairytale and make believe themes but there was a sense of maturity about it. Speak Now feels like it had no filter so I understand why people can feel some elements lack maturity. This is also entirely self-written too. Every track. So it was quite groundbreaking for a young artist to do this - she still battles the weirdos who think she doesn’t write her own songs, so this album was a bit of a f-you to those doubters too.

I enjoyed the release - I really like this album start to finish. I don’t think the vault songs stand out on first listens like the Red or Fearless tracks. Was pleased she kept some of the country elements - especially in tracks like Mine - that feels really authentic. Delighted with the lyric change too - don’t think it detracts from the song at all - the new lyric is quite clever and flows. The standard original album is a no skip for me - I really love it. Long Live, Last Kiss, Enchanted, Back to December, Dear John are all top tier songs for me. Lots of nostalgia in there too - if I was new to all of those songs now I’m not sure if that’s be different but I adore them. My birthday is immortalised in Last Kiss too - July 9th - which is today! That’s a real buzz for me haha!
Cheers for your perspective, and happy birthday Ciara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: July 10, 2023, 11:55:22 am »
Thanks guys.

What a belated birthday gift... got 2 for Wembley on my first try. :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #738 on: July 10, 2023, 01:04:26 pm »
Thanks guys.

What a belated birthday gift... got 2 for Wembley on my first try. :D

Congrats!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #739 on: July 10, 2023, 02:33:14 pm »
My daughter managed to get 4 for Edinburgh. Apparently there’s not room for me. She can make her own way there!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: July 10, 2023, 02:52:14 pm »
My daughter managed to get 4 for Edinburgh. Apparently there’s not room for me. She can make her own way there!

Tell her she’s grounded :)

Online beautifulloser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #741 on: July 10, 2023, 04:03:38 pm »
Spoke to the hospitality team today and managed to get 2 tickets for the Friday night. They still have some available for Thursday and Friday if anyone is looking.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #742 on: July 10, 2023, 04:11:55 pm »
Spoke to the hospitality team today and managed to get 2 tickets for the Friday night. They still have some available for Thursday and Friday if anyone is looking.

Do you have to be a hospitality member?

Online beautifulloser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #743 on: July 10, 2023, 04:16:53 pm »
no, I just had to give my supporter ID number and then took me through the options.

( can't believe after years of lurking and loving this forum for my LFC fix my first ever posts are about Taylor Swift!)  :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #744 on: July 10, 2023, 04:28:11 pm »
no, I just had to give my supporter ID number and then took me through the options.

( can't believe after years of lurking and loving this forum for my LFC fix my first ever posts are about Taylor Swift!)  :D

Haha as good a place to start as any :D Welcome!

Do you know how much the options were?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: July 10, 2023, 04:32:01 pm »

Perfectly acceptable.

You might want to avoid AndyMuller though. He’s a wrong’un :)

Online beautifulloser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #746 on: July 10, 2023, 04:48:17 pm »
Haha as good a place to start as any :D Welcome!

Do you know how much the options were?

Thank you! I dread to think how much of my working day I spend in here reading!

I think the technical term is "bloomin expensive" but I have convinced myself it is well worth it and perfectly justifiable....

They have Premium and Diamond left I think. Premium is £428 with 3 courses and all drinks included until Miss Swift comes on stage, seats in M4. The Diamond was about £100 more and you get an extra course and drinks all night. It's the Beautiful Game lounge for reference.

Online beautifulloser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #747 on: July 10, 2023, 04:49:17 pm »
Perfectly acceptable.

You might want to avoid AndyMuller though. He’s a wrong’un :)

Don't worry his name is mentioned in the "welcome pack"  ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #748 on: July 10, 2023, 04:50:58 pm »
Thank you! I dread to think how much of my working day I spend in here reading!

I think the technical term is "bloomin expensive" but I have convinced myself it is well worth it and perfectly justifiable....

They have Premium and Diamond left I think. Premium is £428 with 3 courses and all drinks included until Miss Swift comes on stage, seats in M4. The Diamond was about £100 more and you get an extra course and drinks all night. It's the Beautiful Game lounge for reference.

Ah cheers that's really helpful!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: July 10, 2023, 05:27:12 pm »
Good luck tomorrow all of you with members access - hope it is guaranteed!

I will be trying for Anfield tomorrow too for the pre-sale.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #750 on: July 10, 2023, 05:36:21 pm »
Good luck tomorrow all of you with members access - hope it is guaranteed!

I will be trying for Anfield tomorrow too for the pre-sale.

A kind soul has offered me their waiting list place, so I'm hoping that on reflection a number of those who applied for tickets decide tomorrow that they don't love Taylor quite as much as they thought :lmao

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: July 10, 2023, 05:40:18 pm »
I do think the time of the sale could be tricky for some - especially those at work.

Not sure if price puts people off now we know the cost, as it was to be expected.

But there’s every chance people won’t take the maximum 4 available so hopefully those down the queue will get a chance!

Is it open for all dates tomorrow?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: July 10, 2023, 06:40:05 pm »
I do think the time of the sale could be tricky for some - especially those at work.

Not sure if price puts people off now we know the cost, as it was to be expected.

But there’s every chance people won’t take the maximum 4 available so hopefully those down the queue will get a chance!

Is it open for all dates tomorrow?
Think we just get the code/link tomorrow. The sale is Weds and the waiting list Thurs, unless I’ve got it wrong??

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #753 on: July 10, 2023, 06:48:44 pm »
Think we just get the code/link tomorrow. The sale is Weds and the waiting list Thurs, unless I’ve got it wrong??

Yep, and sale runs for 24 hours.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: July 10, 2023, 06:49:13 pm »

Yep and the LFC sale is for all 3 nights.

Tomorrow is the Midnights presale for the Anfield concerts and more Wembley dates.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: July 10, 2023, 06:57:22 pm »

And great news Ciara. I would have been embarrassed to get sorted if you didn’t!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: July 10, 2023, 07:01:54 pm »

Ah yes, Wednesday Schmarn said above!

Are those of you with a pre-sale code going to try tomorrow anyway in the pre-sale? Or are we 100% sure you’re guaranteed tickets in the members sale?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: July 10, 2023, 07:03:56 pm »
And great news Ciara. I would have been embarrassed to get sorted if you didn’t!

Haha! I had a strange confidence to be honest, but had prepared myself to pay whatever when the times comes to be there!

Funnily enough 3 good friends also got sorted today in the London/Edinburgh sales, they are huge fans. So it does feel like fans are getting sorted via this pre-sale.

Also splitting tickets via AXS and Ticketmaster seems to have helped too - far less issues than the US reported.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: July 10, 2023, 07:08:50 pm »

Are those of you with a pre-sale code going to try tomorrow anyway in the pre-sale? Or are we 100% sure you’re guaranteed tickets in the members sale?

I live in London so went for Wembley today. Nothing in the first sale but in after 20 mins in the second and got tickets. Upper tier but in midfield and couldn’t do pitch anyway as my daughter is under age. I was on AXS and despite not giving a queue position it worked well. You’d think it will only get easier for fans with codes as people use up their allocation.

You also had to put your email in before the queue so no multiple browsers. LFC could take note!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: July 10, 2023, 07:25:11 pm »

My goddaughters mums having a mare. She told me her Midnights pre sale was for Thursday. I asked her to check this 3 times and finally we’ve finally come to the realisation that it’s tomorrow!

Thanks to those who queried this when I said about it being Thursday or we’d be relying on the waiting list for the final ticket we need

Yes I think the Weds sale is guaranteed but I suppose there’s a risk you may not get the date you want if it sells out before you get in
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:28:06 pm by duvva 💅 »