Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2808825 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled
« Reply #38480 on: July 14, 2023, 10:00:55 pm »
No you don't. Being found not guilty doesn't mean he's innocent. It just means his very well paid lawyers were able to put enough doubt in the mind of a jury.
His treatment of women is disgusting. He's a piece of shit.
You have no clue about the case though.
The judge and jury have fr more information
I think if it was a liverpool player you would have a different view

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38481 on: July 14, 2023, 10:04:43 pm »
You have no clue about the case though.
The judge and jury have fr more information
I think if it was a liverpool player you would have a different view

I know enough to know his treatment of women is disgusting and he's a piece of shit.
I'm not saying he should have been found guilty. But I am saying I don't trust the verdict.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38482 on: July 14, 2023, 10:30:20 pm »
I know enough to know his treatment of women is disgusting and he's a piece of shit.
I'm not saying he should have been found guilty. But I am saying I don't trust the verdict.

Having heard the shit that people I know have heard on Jury duty, I wouldn't trust the general public to get the right decision. My missus has done Jury duty, pretty clear cut cases luckily, but because she doesn't like confrontation, she's admitted she'd go with the majority, even if she didn't agree. :butt

Mate of mine did a case in Liverpool and the jury were basically going "well she could have done this and then said this and he could have punched himself" absolutely ignoring what the legal people had said and the evidence presented and stuff like "it wasn't like that on Coronation Street when Diedrie was in court". Get a well spoken Barrister with all the charm and you can get Fred West off.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38483 on: July 14, 2023, 10:39:55 pm »
Having heard the shit that people I know have heard on Jury duty, I wouldn't trust the general public to get the right decision. My missus has done Jury duty, pretty clear cut cases luckily, but because she doesn't like confrontation, she's admitted she'd go with the majority, even if she didn't agree. :butt

Mate of mine did a case in Liverpool and the jury were basically going "well she could have done this and then said this and he could have punched himself" absolutely ignoring what the legal people had said and the evidence presented and stuff like "it wasn't like that on Coronation Street when Diedrie was in court". Get a well spoken Barrister with all the charm and you can get Fred West off.

I've sat in a court room listening to 6 days of evidence in a sexual assault trial.
The accuser's story in court was different to the story she gave to the police which was different again to the account she'd been giving to her councillors.
All 4 prosecution witnesses contradicted her story when they were giving their account of what she told them had happened.
Literally no evidence whatsoever.
Everything she described about the room she claimed it to have happened, right down to what happened afterwards was all wrong or contradictory.
The jury somehow came back with a 10-2 guilty verdict.
The justice system is pathetic.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #38484 on: July 14, 2023, 11:55:28 pm »
Yup, agreed
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #38485 on: July 15, 2023, 12:14:44 am »
Jury duty should be a specialized branch of lawyers.  They are more than qualified to weigh evidence and give a ruling. They should get paid to sit on the jury and hear evidence and deliberate.

Fuck this jury of your peers crap. They let the lowest common denominator of people onto juries. Someone who struggles to tie their shoelaces shouldn’t be determining someone else’s guilt.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38486 on: July 15, 2023, 01:03:31 am »

Yes having been on jury service it’s a mixed bag, people have their biases, some people just want to go home, some people feel it’s the perfect opportunity to let someone else share the pain of whatever they’re going through in their life, saying that how it relates to Mendy I don’t know, I can’t just assume he’s guilty or not guilty it’s best to not assume anything at all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 01:08:31 am by Coolie High »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38487 on: July 15, 2023, 02:07:43 am »
His was found not guilty on two counts re-tried after the jury failed to reach a verdict at the first trial, it doesn't mean the allegations are false or that his accusers should be punished as Memphis implies - if Mendy believes he's been defamed then he can instruct his lawyers to open a lawsuit, otherwise all parties need to move on and stop undermining legal process via social media.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 04:34:53 am by GreatEx »

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38488 on: July 15, 2023, 02:46:47 am »
That Mendy has received more vocal support on social media from fellow players than Dele did yesterday says absolutely everything you need to know.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #38489 on: July 15, 2023, 08:35:28 am »
Mendys career was destroyed by false allegations
Have to feel some sympathy for him

I have little sympathy considering how he treats women generally. There’s been plenty of stories about his behaviour before this case. As for the case itself it’s a difficult crime to prove as it’s one person’s word against another and some clever lawyer can put enough doubt in a jury’s mind to sway them into caution. It’s why so few women take it to court. The judge did not say the allegations were false, just that it was proven enough. They need to stop using juries in rape cases.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38490 on: July 15, 2023, 08:36:55 am »
That Mendy has received more vocal support on social media from fellow players than Dele did yesterday says absolutely everything you need to know.

So depressingly true.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38491 on: July 15, 2023, 08:39:12 am »
Jury duty should be a specialized branch of lawyers.  They are more than qualified to weigh evidence and give a ruling. They should get paid to sit on the jury and hear evidence and deliberate.

Fuck this jury of your peers crap. They let the lowest common denominator of people onto juries. Someone who struggles to tie their shoelaces shouldn’t be determining someone else’s guilt.

Yes, and as it stands, the most qualified people to weigh up a case are disqualified from jury duty (in NI at least, Barristers, solicitors and lawyers can’t be called up).

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38492 on: July 15, 2023, 09:26:23 am »

A bit like democracy - that's how you end up with Brexit.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38493 on: July 15, 2023, 09:49:29 am »
I have little sympathy considering how he treats women generally. There’s been plenty of stories about his behaviour before this case. As for the case itself it’s a difficult crime to prove as it’s one person’s word against another and some clever lawyer can put enough doubt in a jury’s mind to sway them into caution. It’s why so few women take it to court. The judge did not say the allegations were false, just that it was proven enough. They need to stop using juries in rape cases.
Exactly this.

I was on jury for a historic sexual abuse case, which there was obviously no physical evidence for as it happened back in the 80's but just 2 words (two brothers) against 1 (the defendant).  The defendants lawyer was keen to emphasise to us we need to be sure beyond reasonable doubt, however the judges final words before went into discuss was 'find out who's hoodwinking who'.

The case went into a second week, I was pretty convinced he was guilty as were 8 others, 2 weren't happy it was beyond reasonable doubt and one other (who really put no input at all in for most of it) was on the fence. She eventually came round and the verdict was guilty.

But your right, a very good lawyer would have perhaps swayed more than two of us in that trial and that would of been enough for a non guilty verdict like Mendys.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #38494 on: July 15, 2023, 09:56:04 am »

Quite.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38495 on: July 15, 2023, 12:40:40 pm »
A bit like democracy - that's how you end up with Brexit.
Half of the people in the world have, by definition, below-average intelligence.  As you get older you realize that half the people you've ever come into contact with fit that description.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38496 on: July 15, 2023, 01:00:17 pm »
Really does. Deeply depressing

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #38497 on: July 15, 2023, 04:29:50 pm »

:(
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38498 on: July 15, 2023, 05:08:38 pm »

On what are you basing this statement. Dele has received lots of support from fellow players on twitter.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #38499 on: July 15, 2023, 05:22:12 pm »
New scorecards show under 1% of reported rapes lead to conviction – criminologist explains why England’s justice system continues to fail
By Dr Katrin Hohl, Reader in Criminology

In England and Wales, more than 99% of rapes reported to police do not end in a conviction. This is the result of a criminal justice system that makes prosecuting rape extremely rare, lengthy and difficult.

At present, charge rates for rape vary wildly between regions, from 1.3% in Surrey to 8.2% in Durham. Cases take, on average, 817 days to reach court, and 63% of cases are closed because the victim has given up on the process and withdrawn from it.
The victim has gone through ordeal just to get the case to court. She will also not have had the money to pay for a legal team like the defendant obviously did.

Just because someone is found not guilty, does not mean they are not guilty of the crime, simply that a jury of their peers has deemed there is not sufficient evidence of guilt to convict.

I'm not saying he's guilty but I am saying Mendy seems like a c*nt.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38500 on: July 15, 2023, 05:22:42 pm »

Yep.  What a state of affairs it is.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38501 on: July 15, 2023, 05:25:01 pm »

Prosecution services in this country are literally at breaking point. There simply aren't the personnel to cover such a request.

Agree with the principle, but just like the rest of the public services in this country mate, they are on their fucking knees!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38502 on: July 15, 2023, 05:28:08 pm »
I Mendy believes he's been defamed then he can instruct his lawyers to open a lawsuit
That would be a civil suit, the burden of proof is much lower, he won't do it because he'd very much likely lose which would end him publicly.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38503 on: July 15, 2023, 11:26:29 pm »

You're on a roll this week after the shite you've been posting about Saudi Arabia.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #38504 on: July 15, 2023, 11:37:42 pm »

It wasn’t that long ago that a jury consisted of twelve male householders, certainly not the lowest common denominator.

Could go down the Diplock courts used in NI if you want to get rid of juries,

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38505 on: July 15, 2023, 11:45:40 pm »
Innocent but still treats women like shit. That's Mendy summed up, doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy.

Anyone rushing to defend the scumbag Mendy are screwed in the head.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #38506 on: July 15, 2023, 11:50:44 pm »
It wasn’t that long ago that a jury consisted of twelve male householders, certainly not the lowest common denominator.

Could go down the Diplock courts used in NI if you want to get rid of juries,

Well nowadays it’s the lowest common denominator of people.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38507 on: July 16, 2023, 12:20:26 am »
Was today the day the PL announced the punishment?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38508 on: July 16, 2023, 02:31:24 am »
That would be a civil suit, the burden of proof is much lower, he won't do it because he'd very much likely lose which would end him publicly.

Exactly, which is why anyone talking about "false allegations" needs to wind their neck in.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #38509 on: July 16, 2023, 07:59:08 am »
Innocent but still treats women like shit. That's Mendy summed up, doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy.

Anyone rushing to defend the scumbag Mendy are screwed in the head.

I saw a post on socials by Memphis Depay and a tonne of footballers jumping to his defence, including golden boy Jack Grealish. It’s quite sickening really,wasn’t there THIRTEEN separate women?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38510 on: July 16, 2023, 10:25:11 am »
Vinicius Jr released a big statement too.

Woof, messy messy situation.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38511 on: July 16, 2023, 10:31:14 am »
It's all about being so far up themselves, that they think they can treat others as dirt while they command respect because they are so called "superstars". The lack of awareness in some footballers is just plain repulsive.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38512 on: July 16, 2023, 10:54:02 am »
It's all about being so far up themselves, that they think they can treat others as dirt while they command respect because they are so called "superstars". The lack of awareness in some footballers is just plain repulsive.
This is it. I’m sure some of them believe they are gods. They are paid like it and treated like it so must believe it
They are so far above ‘ordinary people’ they believe they can do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it, and most of the time they do.
It’s disgusting.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #38513 on: July 22, 2023, 10:01:00 am »
Stinks this.  The amount of players they’ve moved around CFG not to mention the handy sale to Per Guardiola’s Girona

https://www.football365.com/news/manchester-city-selling-players-never-used-trafford-porro-sancho
Believer

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38514 on: July 22, 2023, 02:06:25 pm »

Fucking hell.

How do you know they were false allegations?

Not guilty doesn’t mean he is innocent. It means the prosecution couldn’t prove that beyond reasonable doubt that he committed a crime. Being a multi millionaire with an elite legal defence helps against the over stretched CPS.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38515 on: July 23, 2023, 10:11:45 am »
Seen a headline today saying "Guardiola's squad woes".

Get the violins out.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38516 on: July 23, 2023, 10:22:27 am »

Get the violins out.

Cue the insane splashing of cash and a few rumoured departures not happening.... including the inevitable Silva chatter before he stays again

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #38517 on: July 23, 2023, 10:35:17 am »

Get the violins out.
Got to feel for them, they're only working with an unlimitted budget after all.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38518 on: July 23, 2023, 10:38:47 am »
Got to feel for them, they're only working with an unlimitted budget after all.
True. People are even expecting them to not cheat aswell. Totally unfair.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38519 on: July 23, 2023, 12:39:22 pm »
Loving their new kit.