Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2818258 times)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #31800 on: February 6, 2023, 03:17:59 pm »

If they really want to make an example, then they can go one further and fuck them out of the division

Put them in the Championship I say, and watch all their mercenaries abandon ship like the money hungry rats that they are

My guess is they'll find some way to get the PL to back down though, just like they did with UEFA 

Championship more like League two would be a far more fitting punishment
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #31801 on: February 6, 2023, 03:18:37 pm »
Awarding us (or any other club) their ill-gotten titles just wouldn't feel right.

What didn't feel right was them winning it in the first place.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31802 on: February 6, 2023, 03:20:35 pm »
It’s mad it took a kid hacking emails to bring this to a investigation

I didn't realise until I just heard it that it was a Portugese hacker that informed Der Spiegel
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31803 on: February 6, 2023, 03:21:56 pm »
Out of interest, what do you want HMRC to do here? There's no suggestion that they have made fraudulent returns.

Money laundering?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31805 on: February 6, 2023, 03:22:52 pm »
Awarding us (or any other club) their ill-gotten titles just wouldn't feel right. It'd be an empty gesture that's way too little too late

We were the best non doped team the seasons we finished 2nd, we smashed over 90pts in 2 of them, we well earned the medals and the trophies, so I'm happy to be retrospectively awarded them
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31806 on: February 6, 2023, 03:23:00 pm »
Rui Pinto, player of the year !

he actually ended up in jail, should be given the nobel peace prize!!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31807 on: February 6, 2023, 03:24:13 pm »
They have allegedly paid managers and players off the books according to charges brought by the Premier League.
If proven that could be a big one.

Used to bug me how journalists would trot out the line that we had a bigger wage bill than them without a second thought.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #31808 on: February 6, 2023, 03:24:19 pm »
And the hypocrisy goes on.....

"if that means fooking the Premier league up and collapsing it then brilliant let’s go back to the days when it was a fair sport and not corrupted to help certain clubs to remain at the club"

Isn't it ironic that they get accused of cheating and they mention going back to a time when it was fair. Ok mate..........I agree, let's ban the cheaters and get back to times when it was fair.
#JFT97

Online lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #31809 on: February 6, 2023, 03:25:58 pm »
You would have thought the players would have wanted to be legally covered regarding any payments made not disclosed to the premier league, I'm not sure the extent to which the premier league would have access to an individual players tax records.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31810 on: February 6, 2023, 03:27:03 pm »
I like the fact I was driving on the main road in Prestwich to get home on the motorway this morning when the news broke on Talksport.

Had a sly grin knowing that sycophant goblin PrestwichBlue was probably hearing the news as well, noticed his Twitter hasn't been updated since yesterday.

Haven't looked on Blue Loon yet, should be fun reading.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #31811 on: February 6, 2023, 03:27:05 pm »
We were the best non doped team the seasons we finished 2nd, we smashed over 90pts in 2 of them, we well earned the medals and the trophies, so I'm happy to be retrospectively awarded them

Exactly Klopp should have three titles with us now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #31812 on: February 6, 2023, 03:27:21 pm »
And the hypocrisy goes on.....

"if that means fooking the Premier league up and collapsing it then brilliant let’s go back to the days when it was a fair sport and not corrupted to help certain clubs to remain at the club"

Isn't it ironic that they get accused of cheating and they mention going back to a time when it was fair. Ok mate..........I agree, let's ban the cheaters and get back to times when it was fair.

Yeah back to a time when these no marks where regularly finishing mid table and below
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #31813 on: February 6, 2023, 03:27:54 pm »
They'll be docked something like 10-15 points this season imo and that will be that. Of course the premier league wait until it's the only season in years we aren't in contention  :butt

Coincidence of course
what relevance does this season have to the seasons they are being charged over?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #31814 on: February 6, 2023, 03:27:56 pm »
Man City stripped of their titles? Liverpool being awarded them? Some truly outlandish predictions on here, even by RAWK standards.

Don’t get your hopes up. This has happened before. Accept that City’s punishment will in no way reflect the severity of their wrongdoing.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31815 on: February 6, 2023, 03:29:31 pm »
Tax evasion

That too. A lot of serious crimes being investigated ...

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31816 on: February 6, 2023, 03:29:33 pm »
Hope they get ejected by the PL, but they will be awarded a small symbolic fine. Also weird its not a bigger story in the media. Its a massive watershed moment and potentially one the most defining in modern football, and the headline on the BBC is Marsch getting sacked and their reaction page is on the Marsch reactions and meaningless stuff from the weekend?

No chance that they're getting out of this with just a fine if found guilty.  As for the media, it's all over Sky, Talksport ESPN etc, etc.  It's also top of the BBC sport page.

Regardless, this is all just lovely, though long overdue.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #31817 on: February 6, 2023, 03:30:24 pm »
Man City stripped of their titles? Liverpool being awarded them? Some truly outlandish predictions on here, even by RAWK standards.

Don’t get your hopes up. This has happened before. Accept that City’s punishment will in no way reflect the severity of their wrongdoing.
This feels different in my opinion. They have made the PL and FA look like fools.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #31818 on: February 6, 2023, 03:30:25 pm »
Will the bookies pay out on bets that were lost due to the cheats?

I wondered about that. The ramifications touch so many aspects (broadcasting contracts, bonuses, add-ons, prize money, trophies, gambling payouts etc). The fallout is massive and widespread

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #31819 on: February 6, 2023, 03:30:58 pm »
No chance that they're getting out of this with just a fine if found guilty.  As for the media, it's all over Sky, Talksport ESPN etc, etc.  It's also top of the BBC sport page.

Regardless, this is all just lovely, though long overdue.

I still cant still the PL doing much to them there spineless they wont want to risk upsetting city owners
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #31820 on: February 6, 2023, 03:31:12 pm »
This feels different in my opinion. They have made the PL and FA look like fools.

City only got away with it last time on a technicality - Don't think they'll be so lucky this time

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31821 on: February 6, 2023, 03:31:28 pm »
Money laundering?
Tax evasion

But they almost certainly haven't. The information they are required to disclose to the PL is different to the information they are required to disclose to HMRC. Breaking a private organisations rules is one thing. Committing a serious crime is another
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #31822 on: February 6, 2023, 03:31:54 pm »

Haven't looked on Blue Loon yet, should be fun reading.

Just popped in and it's pretty standard stuff really. Everyone is against them, they've been set up to fail FFP and all the "Cartel" or "The hateful 8" are in on it.

Any of them even dare to question, even hypothetically, whether or not they're guilty & they're immediately shouted down and called a rag/dipper etc.

Pretty much any other day over there for them really.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #31823 on: February 6, 2023, 03:31:58 pm »
I still cant still the PL doing much to them there spineless they wont want to risk upsetting city owners

If they dont, then I'd imagine the Super League moves a lot, lot closer.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #31824 on: February 6, 2023, 03:32:03 pm »
I'd love to see them relegated and the titles handed over but surely that won't happen will it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31825 on: February 6, 2023, 03:32:57 pm »
You would have thought the players would have wanted to be legally covered regarding any payments made not disclosed to the premier league, I'm not sure the extent to which the premier league would have access to an individual players tax records.

They have zero access. HMRC does not have a legal disclosure gateway with the PL. These payments were almost certainly disclosed to HMRC

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #31826 on: February 6, 2023, 03:33:37 pm »
City only got away with it last time on a technicality - Don't think they'll be so lucky this time
Exactly. This isn't just about teams like us or United who lost titles, which is obviously massive. This also affects Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, basically anyone who narrowly missed out on European places because of what they have done. Clubs throughout the league should be up in arms about this. City have arrogantly belittled everyone.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #31827 on: February 6, 2023, 03:33:51 pm »
They have zero access. HMRC does not have a legal disclosure gateway with the PL. These payments were almost certainly disclosed to HMRC

Plus arent they HMRC pretty ruthless at times too
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #31828 on: February 6, 2023, 03:34:07 pm »
I wondered about that. The ramifications touch so many aspects (broadcasting contracts, bonuses, add-ons, prize money, trophies, gambling payouts etc). The fallout is massive and widespread

Apparently bookies T&C are that bets are paid out on the official result at the time, so subsequent disqualifications etc do not matter.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #31829 on: February 6, 2023, 03:34:14 pm »
It's brilliant stuff:

"The whole thing stinks, I think football was more enjoyable before this Premier league bollocks. I know we've been blessed with the last 15 years of our success but the money has taken over to the detriment of the game. As a club we can't go on allowing ourselves to be butt fucked all the time, we need to go after the clubs /people setting the narrative."

So on one hand it's great that they had 15 years of success but now money is ruining the game! Say wot! Which club has ruined the game? He may as well have said "let's go after the PL with all the ill-gained money we have".
#JFT97

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31830 on: February 6, 2023, 03:34:30 pm »
Any punishment should then be expanded into new wider PL/EFL rules to prevent barbarians such as Qatar/Saudis etc from owning PL clubs, due to their horrendous human rights abuses.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31831 on: February 6, 2023, 03:34:34 pm »

I mean that's literally what I'd like to happen, so fair play to them imo.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #31832 on: February 6, 2023, 03:35:35 pm »

I don’t think they’ll do anything retroactive …. But in fairness this has never happened before in the premier league

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #31833 on: February 6, 2023, 03:36:02 pm »

United have been cheated out of a couple of titles by City's cheating too, not just us, if United kick up a fuss over this, then i can see City being stripped of the titles, but i'm not expecting much to come from it other than a fine.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #31834 on: February 6, 2023, 03:36:24 pm »

Absolutely. They were well earned. Both ourselves and Man Utd should be awarded. Having a title not awarded label next to so many would be an absolute embarrassment for the PL
« Last Edit: February 6, 2023, 03:38:00 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31835 on: February 6, 2023, 03:36:47 pm »

The Super League that City were invited to?

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31836 on: February 6, 2023, 03:37:07 pm »
Plus arent they HMRC pretty ruthless at times too

Having provided legal advice on a fair few HMRC (including some FIS) investigations in my career, tenacious is the word I would use.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31837 on: February 6, 2023, 03:37:20 pm »

I think this is an interesting point. If this investigation is toothless, and the punishment not significant, then the competition's rules are meaningless aren't they?

So why do massive clubs like liverpool, united, blah blah you know the ones need to stick around in a league that is the plaything of a nation state or two?

Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #31838 on: February 6, 2023, 03:37:26 pm »
These charges... definitely backed up with evidence?

I'd settle for them having a transfer ban imposed sometime between now and May 31st, if it meant a decent shot at Bellingham.

Hard to see punishment being inflicted when this news would not have come as a shock to anyone.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2023, 03:39:05 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31839 on: February 6, 2023, 03:37:42 pm »

It's been a four year investigation, the result of which is 100 breaches by City over 14 years.  I don't think that the PL will give a flying fuck about upsetting the City owners at this point . The nature of City's response won't exactly put them in the PL's good graces either.  I was as sceptical as anybody on here about the UEFA/CAS shit-show, but I agree with Lynndenberries in that this feels different.