Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2796658 times)

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - Anxieta in Proelia - thoughts with them during this difficult time
« Reply #3600 on: February 24, 2020, 02:13:38 pm »
Have they appealed yet?

I've still not seen anything confirming they have.

I believe they have until COP today to appeal (assuming the 10 day time limit I saw is accurate). Its pretty normal to wait until the final day to send in an application to appeal.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Come on. :lmao

You don't need to be an employment lawyer to know that logging on to a mainframe that is the property of an ex-employer and taking information from it is very unlikely to be acceptable to said ex-employer.

In all likelihood they will have signed contracts with confidentiality clauses in them as well.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that City fans are going on about it is ridiculous but then it's par for the course with the way they've been all season. I highly doubt it was an honest mistake though, more like one which they didn't think they'd get caught doing as they obviously still had the login credentials and didn't expect to be traced.

Didn't someone say above that it wasn't City's system they logged into, it was a third-party system?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Man City - Anxieta in Proelia - thoughts with them during this difficult time
« Reply #3602 on: February 24, 2020, 02:24:45 pm »
Have they appealed yet?

I've still not seen anything confirming they have.

Popped onto Blueloon to see if they're even discussing an appeal and no, it's the usual paranoid bollocks ("the media have it in for our Sheikh because he is foreign", and "Liverpool leaked info to UEFA and paid them off")

Yeah, suppose they have nothing else to worry about but us...  ;D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Have they appealed yet?

Nope, still got hideous colour kits, playing in a half empty stadium laundering the sordid reputation of human rights abusing plutocrats.

Not at all appealing.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks folks I wasnt sure whether the sheikh's influence had spread to selectively removing all "Man City CAS appeal" searches by lfc fans on google [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't someone say above that it wasn't City's system they logged into, it was a third-party system?

Yeah, it was Scout7.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, it was Scout7.

Logically speaking then, City's data was compromised from Scout7
Meaning they have a beef with Scout7

Who have a beef with the individual

Liverpool FC don't come into it now (City accepted our £1m payoff!)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Logically speaking then, City's data was compromised from Scout7
Meaning they have a beef with Scout7

Who have a beef with the individual

Liverpool FC don't come into it now (City accepted our £1m payoff!)
One of the former city employees had a login to scout 7 that belonged to a current city employee (not sure why, I think he’s used the guys login whilst he was at city).

As such it was a misuse of data.  Scout 7 weren’t the problem

The case was settled.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3608 on: February 24, 2020, 03:10:51 pm »
I believe they have until COP today to appeal (assuming the 10 day time limit I saw is accurate). Its pretty normal to wait until the final day to send in an application to appeal.

Maybe it's 10 working days in which case they've got till Friday
Believer

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
At some point, they've got to think that attempting to win friends and influence people by forays into European sports and cultural events, is actually back-firing and drawing attention to their egregious human rights record and general disdain for decency.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/feb/24/as-hay-festival-opens-in-the-uae-authors-condemn-free-speech-abuses

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One of the former city employees had a login to scout 7 that belonged to a current city employee (not sure why, I think he’s used the guys login whilst he was at city).

As such it was a misuse of data.  Scout 7 weren’t the problem

The case was settled.

Maybe back then (christ, it was 8 years ago - they're not half grasping at straws), but these days I think some questions for Scout 7 would come up, just for holding data that was breached. Though ultimately they're not totally at fault.

The funny thing then is it's basically City's fault! I know the semantics over "hacking" get tired but as boneheaded easily-avoidable security incidents go, an old employee's account being active is like IT Security 101... scratch that. It's good user management any IT Service Desk should do - let alone slip by InfoSec

Pointing at LFC is the weirdest and laziest outcome of this...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The suggestion seems to be that this was a shared login credentials for a bunch of people which is frankly bizarre in this day and age, if that is true then they did not use someone else's login details, they used the same one as everyone else had which had not been changed despite employee turnover.

This seems to be a SaaS solution so not on the City network either (https://isf.scout7.com/Apps/Login?ReturnUrl=%2F) so there was no breach of network or other systems possible there.
youd think an Organization with as much money behind it wouldn’t be such mingebags and just get one login per person

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
They'd been tracking Suarez, VVD, Alisson, Sadio, Bobby, Mo, Fabinho, Robbo and Klopp

Who wasn't tracking them? Every club in the world has at the least Football Manager/ EA FIFA level software on every player in the world. Allison, Bobby and Fabinho were Brazil national team system players, they were always on everyone's radar from age 13. "Yeah our secret scouting system identified players from Brazil".  What a joke. Next they will be claiming to discover a kid in the Barca youth setup. "No one else could see his talent"
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Who wasn't tracking them? Every club in the world has at the least Football Manager/ EA FIFA level software on every player in the world. Allison, Bobby and Fabinho were Brazil national team system players, they were always on everyone's radar from age 13. "Yeah our secret scouting system identified players from Brazil".  What a joke. Next they will be claiming to discover a kid in the Barca youth setup. "No one else could see his talent"

I think that's a whooosh mate
Believer

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
So Man City's defense isn't "We didn't do it", it's "You found out by illegal means that we lied and look at how lenient you were with all those other naughty clubs"?

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So Man City's defense isn't "We didn't do it", it's "You found out by illegal means that we lied and look at how lenient you were with all those other naughty clubs"?

I think that's what they will say because they can't deny what's written in the emails. I think they will point to PSG and Chelsea who had their transfer ban reduced from 2 years to 1.

I honestly dont know what else they can say although they claim to have 'irrefutable' evidence of their innocence.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think that's what they will say because they can't deny what's written in the emails. I think they will point to PSG and Chelsea who had their transfer ban reduced from 2 years to 1.

I honestly dont know what else they can say although they claim to have 'irrefutable' evidence of their innocence.

That's their plan. Dig up stuff on others

Don't think they've even disputed the emails are REAL. Says it all. Guilty. Plus it's the lying they're banned for, the actual FFP breach is by the by

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And so it begins:

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2020/2/24/21150790/bernardo-silva-i-would-like-to-play-with-lionel-messi

Sterling and Silva trying to put the feelers out publicly already is really fucking delicious.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

PSG escaped on a technicality, and City are serial offenders who've been caught out before, so don't deserve the leniency Chelsea received. Not that Chelsea deserved leniency either imo...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If that league 2 demotion gets real, I expect 'I'll stay no matter what' Pep to have a sudden private personal issue requiring leaving the game for a bit...

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
The ban is a great excuse for the agents/players to get another payday, hope the mercenary twats all leave

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
It would be nice to see them get a bit of their own medicine, considering they nicked other team's players over the years.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
If that league 2 demotion gets real, I expect 'I'll stay no matter what' Pep to have a sudden private personal issue requiring leaving the game for a bit...

They wont get demoted. Premier League doesn't have the gonads to go that far.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Oh I fully expect that, but I wanted to have a pop at Pep, he can say what he likes now, but I don't believe he'd stay  ;)

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Oh I fully expect that, but I wanted to have a pop at Pep, he can say what he likes now, but I don't believe he'd stay  ;)

It's easy to say you'll stick around in the face of a scenario you know will never happen though. For myself I'd like to see him cling on for those two CL-less seasons with 10 point deductions and a gutted squad. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's easy to say you'll stick around in the face of a scenario you know will never happen though. For myself I'd like to see him cling on for those two CL-less seasons with 10 point deductions and a gutted squad. ;)
Additionally with all titles won under abu dhabi struck off from them for being serial cheats and cry arses.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

They would not demote any of the other big 6, but City don't really have that much support. There is the possibility the league could have a spine.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
They would not demote any of the other big 6, but City don't really have that much support. There is the possibility the league could have a spine.

I think you are making a valid point here. For all the cry arsing on social media by their agents and the tutting of the media, they don’t have that many fans. Even a simple check on their you tube hits for the victory bus ride shows it is a fraction of the hits for our parade. They can’t fill the ground, despite the wealth of Manchester and its surrounds (yes I know there is huge differences in wealth in Manchester, but there are lots of people with money). They don’t have the fans.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think you are making a valid point here. For all the cry arsing on social media by their agents and the tutting of the media, they don’t have that many fans. Even a simple check on their you tube hits for the victory bus ride shows it is a fraction of the hits for our parade. They can’t fill the ground, despite the wealth of Manchester and its surrounds (yes I know there is huge differences in wealth in Manchester, but there are lots of people with money). They don’t have the fans.

I love how their comeback is always 26,000 in Division 2
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Proper fans back then, not like this cry arsing shower of entitled pricks they now have - I wonder how many of them can afford to go anymore?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It would be impressive if they'd managed to double it in the PL.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

:lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You take the piss but you don't have to put up with Manchester traffic and weather.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

I agree that City lack the power base, but the powers that be just want to be as non confrontational as possible, and I can't see other clubs pushing for so draconian a punishment.

As I've said before, a fair punishment would be points deductions for each season they are banned from European competition, to compensate for having fewer games.  I'd honestly be surprised if they were punished beyond a single season though.

The way I see it, they'd appeal to CAS again, so I guess you'd need a heavier punishment under the expectation that it would be reduced.  Most clubs penalised for Calciopoli got their sentences reduced after all.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You take the piss but you don't have to put up with Manchester traffic and weather.
Ah come on!  I've been on Deepdale, Ewood Park and Bloomfield Road with those size of crowds in the lower leagues. 

They were all well supported, local clubs just like City were.  Growing up in Manchester you only supported City to be different, so nobody called you a glory hunter.  They have a decent local following but they'll never become a global super club.

No matter how good the transport system gets, or if global warming turns Manchester into the tropics they'll still be flogging tickets at 3 for a tenner and they'll still have a half empty stadium [emoji16]

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That’s conjecture. We don’t know if it was rogue or club sanctioned. All we know is that we (by lawful definition) hacked them and that the club settled it.

It does seem weird that you would choose to jump to the side of the club being involved as you have now done a couple of times, the simpler explanation that the ex-city scouts did it themselves is the more likely and logical explanation.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Let’s face it, it was pretty shabby that they ended up in Div 2. They went from being a great young side that battered Man U with the likes of Bishop in there, to being shite - all down to bad management at the top. They were the epitome of the sleeping giant. They were a big club, rather like Sheffield Wed were, indeed like Leeds are, and their fans stuck with them. If they go out of Europe I can see them getting 26,000 at the Emptihad for a league game before the end of the season.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
We could be 28 points clear before  they next play.

Chip away at that....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Let’s face it, it was pretty shabby that they ended up in Div 2. They went from being a great young side that battered Man U with the likes of Bishop in there, to being shite - all down to bad management at the top. They were the epitome of the sleeping giant. They were a big club, rather like Sheffield Wed were, indeed like Leeds are, and their fans stuck with them. If they go out of Europe I can see them getting 26,000 at the Emptihad for a league game before the end of the season.

I  remember them being really good under Howard Kendall in the 90s, but then he fucked them over to go back to Everton.

Popcorn's Art