Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2820008 times)

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
45+10?

That's a steal

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Class act. Bayern got a steal there.

David Silva is leaving too.

Their squad is still really strong but also some players who are getting on who are key to them (Agüero and Fernandinho). 

They've got considerable issues imo. Wank fullbacks, mostly wank central defenders (only Laporte is good really and he's injured a lot it seems), ageing striker. Rodri is a massive downgrade in DM. Their midfield is good obviously, with KdB.

But they have a lot of work to do on their squad, and that's while there's a ban hanging over them, and authorities' eyes on them.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
They've got considerable issues imo. Wank fullbacks, mostly wank central defenders (only Laporte is good really and he's injured a lot it seems), ageing striker. Rodri is a massive downgrade in DM. Their midfield is good obviously, with KdB.

But they have a lot of work to do on their squad, and that's while there's a ban hanging over them, and authorities' eyes on them.

The problem is they can still put out the following match winners: Aguero, KDB, Mahrez, Jesus (against average to shit teams mainly)

Sterling I'd include in that but only if he starts with at least 2 of the above. He tends to bottle it if he's the main man.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What thread is this operation shitstorm discussion? I wanna watch, please let me watch. 
It's been deleted.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
What thread is this operation shitstorm discussion? I wanna watch, please let me watch. 

The illuminati is listening.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Absolute fucking steal! Made up he’s left them, one of their stand out attackers who they’ve desperately missed this season. £54m!! And he’s only 24.

To be fair, nobody knows what he'll be like after that knee injury and Bayern were the only suitor. He also has only 12 months left on his deal. They could have turned the screw more in my opinion since he was going there next summer anyway. And there is the COVID impact on the fee

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
Absolute fucking steal! Made up he’s left them, one of their stand out attackers who they’ve desperately missed this season. £54m!! And he’s only 24.
On the face of it yes, but £384k a week ? £20 millions a year in a very uncertain time

Great player but if he gets injured £1.4 million leaks every month, spent most of last year injured, then there's the other players reading his wage that would kick off, could cost millions more in wages to shut them up
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
To be fair, nobody knows what he'll be like after that knee injury and Bayern were the only suitor. He also has only 12 months left on his deal. They could have turned the screw more in my opinion since he was going there next summer anyway. And there is the COVID impact on the fee

Yeah agree there is a risk for sure, but you would think they would have assessed that as much as they can, for £40M odd initially that is going to be an insane price if he hits his form over the next 7 or 8 years. The best/main thing though is that city don't have him anymore, he was incredible for them in past seasons (apart from when Trent had him in his pocket) and he will be massively missed.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
The problem is they can still put out the following match winners: Aguero, KDB, Mahrez, Jesus (against average to shit teams mainly)

Sterling I'd include in that but only if he starts with at least 2 of the above. He tends to bottle it if he's the main man.

And Bernardo Silva, as he can play in the front 3 as well as the midfield 3.  Personally, the only player of those 6 (including B Silva) that Sane is better than is Jesus - but Sane can't play a central striker, so can understand why if they were to get rid of one player in the front 3 I can see why Sane they are ok with.  Especially with the injury he had this year could massively disrupt his ability - he relies even more on pace than someone like Sterling, and ACL can massively harm a players pace.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
These're shite.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
And Bernardo Silva, as he can play in the front 3 as well as the midfield 3.  Personally, the only player of those 6 (including B Silva) that Sane is better than is Jesus - but Sane can't play a central striker, so can understand why if they were to get rid of one player in the front 3 I can see why Sane they are ok with.  Especially with the injury he had this year could massively disrupt his ability - he relies even more on pace than someone like Sterling, and ACL can massively harm a players pace.

Sane is a far better player than Bernardo Silva. Or Mahrez. And far more explosive too, which is what they’ve missed in a lot of the games they’ve dropped points in.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Sane is a fantastic player and they have missed him massively. That's not to say that they won't be a threat, they will but with him they can stretch out the opposition to a greater effect. It's a long season.

Defensively they are all over the place. For all the money they've spent, Laporte is the only good defender they have. They're also lacking athleticism and power in midfield

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
There’s an article on Sporting Life about a combined 11 from us and them. The only 3 City players who made it were De Bruyne, Rodri and Gabriel Jesus. The last two are clearly to try and provide some kind of balance but are laughable even without the fact they’re ahead of Fabinho & Firmino.

Just one persons opinion. but for those who are worried that one or two signings that we don’t make or one or two they do, it highlights we do have the edge on them and perhaps it’s a bit more than an edge.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
There’s an article on Sporting Life about a combined 11 from us and them. The only 3 City players who made it were De Bruyne, Rodri and Gabriel Jesus. The last two are clearly to try and provide some kind of balance but are laughable even without the fact they’re ahead of Fabinho & Firmino.

Just one persons opinion. but for those who are worried that one or two signings that we don’t make or one or two they do, it highlights we do have the edge on them and perhaps it’s a bit more than an edge.
Rodri is fucking shit no way on earth he's get in a combined City and Liverpool eleven. They have made some shockingly bad signings in recent years and Rodri is definitely among the worst right up there with Mendy and Cancelo.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There is no way Jesus gets into a combined lineup either. Overrated comes to mind.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts

Laughable really. De Bruyne is the only one who'd get near our starting XI. Aguero if he was more robust but I think he's past his peak now. I wouldn't swap Rodri for Curtis Jones based on what I've seen of him.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 04:40:50 pm by JasonF »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Stupid question maybe but does this mean Sane won’t play for them again (so cant feature tomorrow), or is he just leaving at the end of the season and is therefore still eligible if they want to pick him?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

De Bruyne and probably Laporte

Those combined XIs are always fucking stupid though. The two teams play very differently, just swap Aguero and Firmino and both teams would probably be worse off for it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
Stupid question maybe but does this mean Sane won’t play for them again (so cant feature tomorrow), or is he just leaving at the end of the season and is therefore still eligible if they want to pick him?

Doesn't sound like he's going to play for them again.

I thought they might have kept him for the Champions League games in August, but the reports last night were that he's played his last game for City.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

he's not playing for them

• Legacy Fan
De Bruyne and probably Laporte

Those combined XIs are always fucking stupid though. The two teams play very differently, just swap Aguero and Firmino and both teams would probably be worse off for it.

In any case Rodri would be no where near the side or Jesus for that matter. If any player aside from De Bruyne would get in, is Mahrez, and a front 3 of Mane Salah Mahrez.

That's it

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
There is no way Jesus gets into a combined lineup either. Overrated comes to mind.

His own cross to bear...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
Oh dear!

Sky advert just now advertising the game tomorrow night without mentioning Man City. They aren’t going to be happy on Blue Moon.  ;D ;D

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
What a pity.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Oh dear!

Sky advert just now advertising the game tomorrow night without mentioning Man City. They aren’t going to be happy on Blue Moon.  ;D ;D
;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
CAS was apparently "early in July" do we know what they mean by early? This week maybe? Do CAS give advance notice of a judgement being released a day or two before or is it just birthed from the womb of bureaucracy into the world unannounced?

(Basically I want a judgement released today that upholds the ban and then gives us the chance to kick the c*nts while they are down. Yes, I'm petty.)
« Last Edit: July 2, 2020, 03:42:03 am by davidlpool1982 »

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
CAS was apparently "early in July" do we know what they mean by early? This week maybe? Do CAS give advance notice of a judgement being released a day or two before or is it just birthed from the womb of bureaucracy into the world unannounced?

(Basically I want a judgement released today that upholds the ban and then gives us the chance to kick the c*nts while they are down. Yes, I'm petty.)

The judgement is coming out on the 13th.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
I think its funny listening to City trying to work out why they are so far behind us. Basically it all comes down to the fact that we are outperforming XG and they are tired after two big years. They are just missing big chances and we have had a bit of luck.

They can't work out that you don't win leagues by losing 8 games in 31 so far. To get to 8 league losses for us you have to go back to 9th September 2017 when we lost against City when Mane got sent off.

Luckily for them Pep won't be stupid. He knows there is a gap and will be analysing the issues.

For me they are losing their key players slowly due to age and the younger players don't have the same mentality. First they lost Kompany and now Silva. I can't imagine Fernandinho and Aguero having more than 1-2 seasons left in them. Also losing one player in Laporte shouldn't derail a team as much it has City but that's because it was actual 2 players they lost as they didn't replace Kompany.

They really need to sign some younger players who can take on the burden of the team. The only ones I see that can do it there now are De Bruyne and Laporte. They have to hope the CAS decision comes through positively as a 2 year ban will make this easier.

I don't think we will get 95+ points again but City are playing to around 80 at the moment so they need to pick up at least 10 points.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2020, 09:42:42 am by Dull Tools »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Absolute tramps the lot of them.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

They can't work out that you don't win leagues by losing 8 games in 31 so far. To get to 8 league losses for us you have to go back to 9th September 2017 when we lost against City when Mane got sent off.

Luckily for them Pep won't be stupid. He knows there is a gap and will be analysing the issues.

Is Pep staying beyond next summer? Any news/informed rumour on that one?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Is Pep staying beyond next summer? Any news/informed rumour on that one?
Nothing as yet. There are rumours circling of Juve and Barca still but nothing concrete.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nothing as yet. There are rumours circling of Juve and Barca still but nothing concrete.

Just can't see him staying with no Champions League for a couple of years.  That and the fact he's now coming up to his usual 4yr stint before he usually moves on from clubs.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
I think its funny listening to City trying to work out why they are so far behind us. Basically it all comes down to the fact that we are outperforming XG and they are tired after two big years. They are just missing big chances and we have had a bit of luck..

I can’t get my head around the whole tiredness thing....have we not been going flat to the mat more or less for the last 2 -3 seasons as well?  Europa League Final, champions league final, champions league final and pushing them to the pin of their collar on the last year, our last 3 seasons have seen our players going to the well right to the end of the season. We have been getting stronger and they have been declining, as you rightly say because their key players are older or retired. Pep’s recruitment has been really hit and miss and they cannot see that whereas Jurgens has been spot on.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
what kind of pretentious name is Rodri. Sounds like Ryan Giggs' brother
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
I can’t get my head around the whole tiredness thing....have we not been going flat to the mat more or less for the last 2 -3 seasons as well?  Europa League Final, champions league final, champions league final and pushing them to the pin of their collar on the last year, our last 3 seasons have seen our players going to the well right to the end of the season. We have been getting stronger and they have been declining, as you rightly say because their key players are older or retired. Pep’s recruitment has been really hit and miss and they cannot see that whereas Jurgens has been spot on.

I think we play to conserve energy much more than City do. They approach most games the same, go all out, try and win 10-0. We grind teams down without really breaking a sweat. we play in first gear for quite a bit of the season and only really crank things up when we have to.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City also play full strength teams in the small cups for some reason. Can’t have it both ways. Clean up the minor trophies fine but don’t moan that you’re tired!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
City also play full strength teams in the small cups for some reason. Can’t have it both ways. Clean up the minor trophies fine but don’t moan that you’re tired!

I'm reminded of a line from Legolas from LotR, "They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them."

When was the last time they finished a season without winning anything? There's nothing wrong with setting a high bar, but it's like they have to win something, every single season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They've about 2 or 3 first teams though, so can compete on all fronts.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I think we play to conserve energy much more than City do. They approach most games the same, go all out, try and win 10-0. We grind teams down without really breaking a sweat. we play in first gear for quite a bit of the season and only really crank things up when we have to.

I think playing for Guardiola must be mentally exhausting, which will have an effect too, he basically wants robots, and coaches their every step and stride they make in a match. It’s about perfection for him, in a sport that shouldn’t be perfect.  He wants total control over everything.