Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2818862 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled
« Reply #38360 on: June 30, 2023, 06:00:24 pm »
So the women players will go back to dressing the way did in the 1920s then?
they'll be banned from playing at all.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38361 on: June 30, 2023, 07:23:43 pm »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/justinbirnbaum/2023/06/30/defying-crypto-turmoil-manchester-city-signs-70-million-plus-sponsorship-deal-with-exchange-okx/?sh=7839785d5f01

Yet another ‘fair market value’ sponsorship. From a crypto company when crypto is in decline.
$70m for one sleeve!
I wonder if the CEO sells employee of the month picture frames on the side.

Mar 2022 - OKX start sponsoring Man City

Jul 2022 - OKX increase their sponsorship

Also Jul 2022 - OKX receive a provisional license allowing them to operate in the UAE
                     https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-14/crypto-exchange-okx-gets-dubai-license-set-to-open-hub-in-city

June 2023 - OKX announces plans to expand Middle East operations
                  https://www.reuters.com/technology/okx-crypto-exchange-seeks-dubai-regulation-with-eye-middle-east-expansion-2023-06-15/

Jul 2023 - OKX increase their sponsorship yet again

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38362 on: June 30, 2023, 07:29:05 pm »

Also Jul 2022 - OKX receive a provisional license allowing them to operate in the UAE
                     https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-14/crypto-exchange-okx-gets-dubai-license-set-to-open-hub-in-city

https://www.reuters.com/technology/okx-crypto-exchange-seeks-dubai-regulation-with-eye-middle-east-expansion-2023-06-15/

City’s sponsors just can’t wait to give them more money, Etihad are the same.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #38363 on: June 30, 2023, 08:55:11 pm »

Proper Roy of the Rovers stuff this.   ::)

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38364 on: July 1, 2023, 12:39:06 am »
As reported in the times today, mysterious YouTube documentary on Man City Britain's biggest football scandal?
https://youtu.be/LlLRWw47HOk

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #38365 on: July 1, 2023, 10:12:51 am »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/justinbirnbaum/2023/06/30/defying-crypto-turmoil-manchester-city-signs-70-million-plus-sponsorship-deal-with-exchange-okx/?sh=7839785d5f01

Yet another ‘fair market value’ sponsorship. From a crypto company when crypto is in decline.
$70m for one sleeve!
I wonder if the CEO sells employee of the month picture frames on the side.

Just seen this. Headquartered in the land of legitimate transparent businesses “The Seychelles”

Absolute cancer of an organisation them lot
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38366 on: July 1, 2023, 10:39:17 am »
Can't understand why you all think there's something fishy going on. Arsenal are blowing them out of the water for transfer targets goddammit. So clearly it's all legit and above board.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38367 on: July 1, 2023, 11:45:27 am »
The Loons at Bluemoon seem to think this PL case is also time barred for 5 years by British law.

:-\

Genuine question: does British law have any effect on how a private organization can enforce its own rules?

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38368 on: July 1, 2023, 12:14:41 pm »
Can't understand why you all think there's something fishy going on. Arsenal are blowing them out of the water for transfer targets goddammit. So clearly it's all legit and above board.
Any top club could have afforded any one of their host of £50-60m players.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38369 on: July 1, 2023, 12:19:27 pm »
Any top club could have afforded any one of their host of £50-60m players.

Exactly. They should be held on a pedestal as the inventors of success. What a club.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38370 on: July 1, 2023, 01:00:11 pm »
Their CEO is bigging up their commercial appeal ;D
https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/ferran-soriano-manchester-city-commercial-appeal-63823734

They're like a little kid with their constant "look at me I'm so great" attitude. Their deals are a sham and there's nothing commercially appealing about them.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38371 on: July 1, 2023, 01:12:47 pm »
We may mock but who else could get Trinh Thu Trang founder of 8Xbet to invest other than a club with the prestige and global following of Man City.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #38372 on: July 1, 2023, 04:21:05 pm »
As reported in the times today, mysterious YouTube documentary on Man City Britain's biggest football scandal?
https://youtu.be/LlLRWw47HOk

Doesn't get much more damning than that.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38373 on: July 1, 2023, 05:47:56 pm »
I have a theory on the Rice bid. They knew weren't going to get him as he'd made it clear he wanted to stay in London. Pulling out because 'the price is too high' is a way of proving that they apparently don't have an unlimited pot of money whilst simultaneously ramping up transfer fees around them. Wouldn't be surprised if it's used as 'evidence' in future court cases.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #38374 on: July 1, 2023, 05:51:04 pm »
As much as I want these c*nts to get the fucking book and everything else thrown at them. Penis Morgan can fuck right off with his jumping on any bandwagon just to get publicity, the massive phone-tapping twat.  :wanker

Morgan pushing it as he wants then out the way for an Arsenal title now theyre competing again. Better than  nothing i suppose but everyone was OK with them just stopping us.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #38375 on: July 2, 2023, 08:46:00 am »
If Gundogan, Mahrez and Silva all left city this season, it would great. I felt a max exodus coming once city had won that CL.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38376 on: July 2, 2023, 09:22:14 am »
I have a theory on the Rice bid. They knew weren't going to get him as he'd made it clear he wanted to stay in London. Pulling out because 'the price is too high' is a way of proving that they apparently don't have an unlimited pot of money whilst simultaneously ramping up transfer fees around them. Wouldn't be surprised if it's used as 'evidence' in future court cases.

That's not evidence though. They'd have to provide the relevant communications if they wanted to submit it as evidence, which would show Rice confirming he wanted to stay in London. Also, "look, we didn't spend £100m" isn't actually evidence of anything. It's just PR.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #38377 on: July 2, 2023, 09:35:45 am »
I watched the film on youtube about City and it was good to see the regular journalists on there the likes of Nick Harris and Tariq Panjav, but the really fascinating one was the guy who worked for UEFA, he wouldn't be identified. But basically it's quite clear that a number of people who worked for the organisation had bad thoughts about what those at the top were doing. I thought the most cynical thing was that UEFA had they wanted to, could have put an appeal in against City, yet they chose not to. I have always believed this organisation is too far gone now and basically needs replacing. This has done nothing to change my initial viewpoint.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38378 on: July 2, 2023, 10:16:13 am »
I watched the film on youtube about City and it was good to see the regular journalists on there the likes of Nick Harris and Tariq Panjav, but the really fascinating one was the guy who worked for UEFA, he wouldn't be identified. But basically it's quite clear that a number of people who worked for the organisation had bad thoughts about what those at the top were doing. I thought the most cynical thing was that UEFA had they wanted to, could have put an appeal in against City, yet they chose not to. I have always believed this organisation is too far gone now and basically needs replacing. This has done nothing to change my initial viewpoint.  ::)
Shortly after, Ceferin starts proclaiming that there is nothing wrong with these states owning football clubs.
Hmm.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #38379 on: July 2, 2023, 10:24:50 am »
Shortly after, Ceferin starts proclaiming that there is nothing wrong with these states owning football clubs.
Hmm.

Not only that but he was suddenly being invited into the City director's box as UEFA were taking them to task. As you say, hmm....
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #38380 on: July 2, 2023, 02:50:14 pm »
Watched that video and also watched the FIFA thing recently on Netflix. It really is strange - bit like watching in on an organised crime or mafia story. Can’t help but think that the bad guys and rule breakers are also the policemen and rule makers. Really feels like they literally do and say what they want, decide to brush over a clear fraud, act like it’s all good and then plough on. You can see why Pip was “smoking a big cigar “ when the “verdict” was overturned. Reckon he knew he had nothing to worry about.
Doesn’t inspire any confidence in a solid and fair future. Even the reporters who know this inside out, don’t seem convinced it can get fixed.
Corrupt governance of corrupt organisations breeds more corruption. Who’da thought eh?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38381 on: July 2, 2023, 02:58:11 pm »
Ex Belgian PM who was part of UEFA's investigation, came out after the CAS case and said City were absolute cheats.

The big budget Documentaries about them will be epic viewing when they are found guilty, hopefully one with a Oscar shout to give it real gravitas. :D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #38382 on: July 2, 2023, 04:45:03 pm »
Just watched that YouTube video.   What a sham UEFA and that CAS appeal was.   Let’s hope the Premier league are not the same and have the balls to take down these cheating fuckers. 

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38383 on: July 2, 2023, 08:31:42 pm »
£86m on Gvardiol which means centre half depth of Gvardiol, Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji, Laporte (if he stays).

115 charges but they’re still allowed to throw further dodgy cash into their already thick squad. Games on its arse

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38384 on: July 2, 2023, 08:41:03 pm »
£86m on Gvardiol which means centre half depth of Gvardiol, Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji, Laporte (if he stays).

115 charges but they’re still allowed to throw further dodgy cash into their already thick squad. Games on its arse
They shouldn’t be allowed to sign players whilst under such serious investigation. Although it’s bizarre why any player would want to go there now and be branded a cheat.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38385 on: July 2, 2023, 08:51:36 pm »

That's only £300m+ worth of centre backs, give the underdog a chance to compete against the Cartel why don't you!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38386 on: July 2, 2023, 10:03:04 pm »
They shouldn’t be allowed to sign players whilst under such serious investigation. Although it’s bizarre why any player would want to go there now and be branded a cheat.

Same reason Firmino went to Saudi, because they are greedy pricks  :wave

Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38387 on: July 2, 2023, 10:04:07 pm »
Just watched that YouTube video.   What a sham UEFA and that CAS appeal was.   Let’s hope the Premier league are not the same and have the balls to take down these cheating fuckers.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I hope you've no money on that.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38388 on: July 3, 2023, 09:21:53 am »
Same reason Firmino went to Saudi, because they are greedy pricks  :wave
Yeah that but is obvious, but Man City are cheats. Every player in Europe must know they are cheats. Yet players still want to sign for them. Disgusting.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38389 on: July 3, 2023, 12:27:02 pm »
That's not evidence though. They'd have to provide the relevant communications if they wanted to submit it as evidence, which would show Rice confirming he wanted to stay in London. Also, "look, we didn't spend £100m" isn't actually evidence of anything. It's just PR.

I know it's not tangible evidence but it's all about building the narrative that they want around the club: "Look, we can't sign everyone".

If they are able to sow a seed of doubt in people's minds that they're competing on the same level as everyone else then their objective has been achieved.

If one of the individuals sitting on the panel which will adjudicate against them has in the back of their minds that they walked away from deals because of price, they'll think they can't have a bottomless pot of cash which may influence how they think on the case.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #38390 on: July 3, 2023, 02:07:17 pm »
Good to see them living in fear over the 115 charges.

And totally not signing players for £86 million in positions they are well-stocked for. Nothing to see here, motherfunsters at the Premier League.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38391 on: July 3, 2023, 02:19:20 pm »
I know it's not tangible evidence but it's all about building the narrative that they want around the club: "Look, we can't sign everyone".

If they are able to sow a seed of doubt in people's minds that they're competing on the same level as everyone else then their objective has been achieved.

If one of the individuals sitting on the panel which will adjudicate against them has in the back of their minds that they walked away from deals because of price, they'll think they can't have a bottomless pot of cash which may influence how they think on the case.
City are cheats, but they aren't stupid and will not pay over the odds for players if they don't think they are worth it. Same happened with Maguire when they pulled out and let him go to united.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38392 on: July 3, 2023, 03:35:38 pm »
City are cheats, but they aren't stupid and will not pay over the odds for players if they don't think they are worth it. Same happened with Maguire when they pulled out and let him go to united.
Why would they think Grealish is worth £100m

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #38393 on: July 3, 2023, 03:36:25 pm »
Pretty much the same with Ronaldo, he was all set for City when United swooped in, almost as if they tricked them into buying him.

Cucarella was another one last year too, dodged a bullet there
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38394 on: July 3, 2023, 03:45:12 pm »

Yes but the people sitting on this panel aren't dopes from BlueLoon or the people who call in to TalkShite. They aren't going to be swayed by third-rate attempts to hoodwink them.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38395 on: July 3, 2023, 03:49:21 pm »
Yes but the people sitting on this panel aren't dopes from BlueLoon or the people who call in to TalkShite. They aren't going to be swayed by third-rate attempts to hoodwink them.
What if they’re Arsenal fans and find city guilty due to club loyalty?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38396 on: July 3, 2023, 04:24:09 pm »
true.  unless they are desperately looking for any excuse to exonerate them.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #38397 on: July 3, 2023, 08:17:53 pm »
City’s approach:  Doesn’t matter where the panel dopes are from. We will just use same approach as with UEFA case. (And hint: I don’t mean the time barred crap)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38398 on: July 3, 2023, 09:10:47 pm »
Someone is going to have to explain to me how James Trafford is worth £19 million. Suspicious that ex Man City player Kompany is involved in such a purchase?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38399 on: July 3, 2023, 09:13:30 pm »
Someone is going to have to explain to me how James Trafford is worth £19 million. Suspicious that ex Man City player Kompany is involved in such a purchase?
Never heard of him ;D