Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2828121 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled
« Reply #38280 on: June 26, 2023, 01:29:06 pm »
The big clubs

Inter, AC, Real Madrid, Barca, Juve, Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Ajax, Bayern, Seville, Porto, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund

The used to be big clubs

Everton, Villa, Torino, Benfica, Hamburg, Valencia, Feyenoord, Parma, Anderlecht, Forest, PSV, Frankfurt, Celtic

The never were big clubs that won't be missed

City, Newcastle, PSG
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38281 on: June 26, 2023, 01:35:27 pm »
From the outset, it has been reported it won't be settled any time soon and could take up to 4 years.

I think a lot of people haven't paid attention to this and have expected a ban/fine/whatever punishment almost immediately.

I think if we rename them "Lance Armstrong FC" then people will get it quicker, tainted, they are, tainted.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #38282 on: June 26, 2023, 02:10:31 pm »

I think if we rename them "Lance Armstrong FC" then people will get it quicker, tainted, they are, tainted.

Mancs Armstrong. ;)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #38283 on: June 26, 2023, 02:11:16 pm »
That's exactly the way I see it too. Juve are a much bigger institution and they were severely punished. I simply cannot see a way for the PL to slap them on the wrists over this. It's not just that they broke their rules, it's fraud. Prosecutions will inevitably follow once the commission give their decision.
If it were another owner from another country then I agree, but this is not about a football club, but a state. Do you honestly think they give two fucks about City and it’s following or standing?

Aside from that, you are now seeing more and more Emirati presence in clubs across Europe and indeed the World. All they need is to destabilise the established authorities (I use the term loosely)

This is why is say the outlook is bleak and it’s not about football. And UEFA and the EPL have only themselves to blame for years of utter ineptitude and greed.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38284 on: June 26, 2023, 02:37:57 pm »
The big clubs

Inter, AC, Real Madrid, Barca, Juve, Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Ajax, Bayern, Seville, Porto, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund

The used to be big clubs

Everton, Villa, Torino, Benfica, Hamburg, Valencia, Feyenoord, Parma, Anderlecht, Forest, PSV, Frankfurt, Celtic

The never were big clubs that won't be missed

City, Newcastle, PSG
Chelsea should not be in that illustrious list.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38285 on: June 26, 2023, 02:41:09 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38286 on: June 26, 2023, 03:12:11 pm »
Chelsea should not be in that illustrious list.

That was the one I paused on, partly because they were quite decent before the blood money came in. When Abramovich bought them they had recently won the FA cup twice, the LC, the CWC and the super cup but I would agree, they (like Spurs) probably need their own category, just a question mark as very dodgy all round.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38287 on: June 26, 2023, 06:45:24 pm »
Gundogan to Barca confirmed.
He will be able to wear his human rights t shirt with pride now. The hypocritical c*nt.
Glad to see the back of him.
What is it with Barcelona signing big names in their early to mid thirties in the last few years, have any of them bar Lewandowski actually worked out?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #38288 on: June 26, 2023, 06:46:26 pm »
Aside from that, you are now seeing more and more Emirati presence in clubs across Europe and indeed the World. All they need is to destabilise the established authorities (I use the term loosely)

This is why is say the outlook is bleak and it’s not about football. And UEFA and the EPL have only themselves to blame for years of utter ineptitude and greed.
I would say the governing bodies are already fucked - FIFA can be corrupted by any money so will happily take any Qatar/UAE/Saudi cash. UEFA have the PSG chairman pulling the strings, all because the big clubs tried to breakaway then when they came back found he had set up a nest.

I think the future of the game is really up to the big clubs which is ridiculous when you think about it but we've seen that the mid and lower prem clubs look out for themselves just as much as the big clubs and will not get involved in our battles no matter how noble the cause.

Whilst a lot of us don't like the sportwashing angle, I think we might have to accept that others want to buy into football and especially European football. The main questions are around how deep that relationship goes and the level of control we give up. There's been Arab sponsors, sporting events in Dubai for decades which generally been accepted within reason.

I personally draw the line when money is used to overly distort the market, or break the rules with the only intention is to gain power over us as we've seen with City and PSG.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #38289 on: June 26, 2023, 07:27:51 pm »
If it were another owner from another country then I agree, but this is not about a football club, but a state. Do you honestly think they give two fucks about City and it’s following or standing?

I see where you're coming from but I don't think that's relevant to what's occurring with these charges. It most certainly should be but I don't believe that's the case. I do feel that the threat of a government appointed independent body is pushing Masters to get their house in order, he needs to publicly show they don't need to be regulated externally.

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38290 on: June 26, 2023, 07:51:55 pm »
From the outset, it has been reported it won't be settled any time soon and could take up to 4 years.

I think a lot of people haven't paid attention to this and have expected a ban/fine/whatever punishment almost immediately.

Do we have any idea what the process looks like? From the few bits I've read, it seems that Abu Dhabi will follow their usual M.O. of delay, obfuscate, discredit. They already started with the stuff about the Arsenal supporting judge.

If life was sane, they'd be immediately punished for refusal to co-operate, but no doubt they can spin out due process for ages.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38291 on: June 26, 2023, 08:02:52 pm »
Do we have any idea what the process looks like? From the few bits I've read, it seems that Abu Dhabi will follow their usual M.O. of delay, obfuscate, discredit. They already started with the stuff about the Arsenal supporting judge.

If life was sane, they'd be immediately punished for refusal to co-operate, but no doubt they can spin out due process for ages.
Despite them having a ‘comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence of their innocence’ they are trying everything they can to delay and undermine the process. Just like they did with uefa.
If this was the case then it wouldn’t have gotten this far.
Hopefully the cheating c*nts are dealt with properly this time.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38292 on: June 26, 2023, 08:11:04 pm »
How did gundogan turn from a complete crock in his 20s to being ever present in his 30s in a much tougher league

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38293 on: June 26, 2023, 08:13:49 pm »
How did gundogan turn from a complete crock in his 20s to being ever present in his 30s in a much tougher league

Pep's genius, of course.

Same answer as for all their other "achievements".

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38294 on: June 26, 2023, 08:44:40 pm »
Pep's genius, of course.

Same answer as for all their other "achievements".
It's the key formula to the success of Pip.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #38295 on: June 26, 2023, 09:35:41 pm »
Horse placenta. Probably from the Abu Dhabi royal stables prized filly bloodline.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #38296 on: June 27, 2023, 10:24:38 pm »
It would be nice if some journalist starts asking questions to Pep about the chances of him signing players in the future with those accusations hanging...
Not that I expect they won't be able to, but it is worth it just to plant the seed in the mind of some top players they are aiming to get.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38297 on: June 27, 2023, 10:26:55 pm »
It would be nice if some journalist starts asking questions to Pep about the chances of him signing players in the future with those accusations hanging...
Not that I expect they won't be able to, but it is worth it just to plant the seed in the mind of some top players they are aiming to get.
Barney Ronay and Martin Samuel will be the journalists to ask such questions given the opportunity.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38298 on: June 27, 2023, 10:53:51 pm »
Barney Ronay and Martin Samuel will be the journalists to ask such questions given the opportunity.

Only question he will ask is which way to the buffet.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38299 on: June 27, 2023, 11:01:51 pm »
Only question he will ask is which way to the buffet.

Martin The Buffet Slayer. :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38300 on: June 27, 2023, 11:03:58 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #38302 on: June 28, 2023, 09:46:00 am »
Ok, my take is, That the independent commission do their work and without the time barred technicalities are able to pin on Abu Dhabi that they disguised payments from the owners as sponsorship. There are parts moving other than some premier league suits sat in a room surrounded by City lawyers. The evidence is there, glaringly They are going after them and cities usual get out which is we are not going to co operate isn't going to help them as that is no longer a get out without it being time barred. When it happens and what punishment they get I don't know. Yes the Saudis coming in doesnt help football looking forward, but I believe this case(s) in isolation is not being swept under the carpet. The prem have put forward the charges publicly and now the commission either decide that City are innocent or not. they have a lot to disprove (115 cases) dont think they can do it., especially on the fake payments which they built there empire off. The Prem wont come under scrutiny for wasting 10 years of football, City will though.

My extremely non-legal view on this is based on the fact these 115 charges (apart from one or two FFP Uefa-related charges) are about breaches of PL rules, not legalities. The Premier League is an elite membership club. To my mind, the power rests in all the other boardrooms of the PL. Our chairman and all the others have to power to say to Man City, "Sorry guys, you choose not to cooperate, you have been found guilty of so many breaches of rules we all share. Either you take your punishment or the league doesn't go ahead next season."

Or simply, "We don't want you in this league, on the basis of all these breaches of OUR rules."

Deluded or impossibly optimistic but for the likes of us, and many others, Man City would not be missed.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #38303 on: June 28, 2023, 12:16:38 pm »
Exactly, they don't have a right to play in the Premier League, they agreed to abide by the rules of the Premier League when they were promoted.

If they don't follow the private rules then the can be removed, like any member's club.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38304 on: June 28, 2023, 12:18:49 pm »
My extremely non-legal view on this is based on the fact these 115 charges (apart from one or two FFP Uefa-related charges) are about breaches of PL rules, not legalities. The Premier League is an elite membership club. To my mind, the power rests in all the other boardrooms of the PL. Our chairman and all the others have to power to say to Man City, "Sorry guys, you choose not to cooperate, you have been found guilty of so many breaches of rules we all share. Either you take your punishment or the league doesn't go ahead next season."

Or simply, "We don't want you in this league, on the basis of all these breaches of OUR rules."

Deluded or impossibly optimistic but for the likes of us, and many others, Man City would not be missed.

I know it keeps being said the Premier League IS the clubs, and technically I suppose it is, but when have you ever heard a chairman or ownr refer to the Premier League as we or us?
Not going to pretend I've heard or read every interview, but whe talking about the Premier League, it's always 'they' like it's a cmpletely separate bunch of people.
The likes of John Henry or the Glazers have no say in the outcome of this.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38305 on: June 29, 2023, 04:07:41 pm »
Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy raped a young woman then told her "it's fine, I've had sex with 10,000 women", a jury has heard.

He was 25/26 at the time, I make that a very busy man (3 a day, every day including Christmas and Bank Holidays), or, he's exaggerating. Slimeball and Grealish's mate.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #38306 on: June 29, 2023, 04:27:01 pm »
Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy raped a young woman then told her "it's fine, I've had sex with 10,000 women", a jury has heard.

He was 25/26 at the time, I make that a very busy man (3 a day, every day including Christmas and Bank Holidays), or, he's exaggerating. Slimeball and Grealish's mate.

Oh, well that's OK then. Case dismissed. 

:wanker
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #38307 on: June 29, 2023, 05:30:01 pm »
Just saw in Reddit that piers Moron is doing a show tonight on Sky about City's financial cheating. Can't quite bring myself to watch it even illegally, but look forward to hearing any fallout about what he drags out of the dirty washing basket.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/14m8gv8/rival_watch_piers_morgan_uncensored_at_8pm/

The comment about the Premier league being a private members club and being able to vote they be removed for breaking the rules seems like such a simple solution. Is it the unbreachable bastion of their entitlement?. I bloody hope so. A good few clubs have lost piles of money and prestige over the past decade or so because of the way they have made themselves in to a sort of steamroller, flattening notions of competitiveness.
 I just hope it's more than 5 clubs that would vote for their removal, as those were the only ones leaping out in Black Bull Nova's excellent post on the previous page.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 05:35:07 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38308 on: June 29, 2023, 05:41:32 pm »
Just saw in Reddit that piers Moron is doing a show tonight on Sky about City's financial cheating. Can't quite bring myself to watch it even illegally, but look forward to hearing any fallout about what he drags out of the dirty washing basket.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/14m8gv8/rival_watch_piers_morgan_uncensored_at_8pm/

The comment about the Premier league being a private members club and being able to vote they be removed for breaking the rules seems like such a simple solution. Is it the unbreachable bastion of their entitlement?. I bloody hope so. A good few clubs have lost piles of money and prestige over the past decade or so because of the way they have made themselves in to a sort of steamroller, flattening notions of competitiveness.
 I just hope it's more than 5 clubs that would vote for their removal, as those were the only ones leaping out in Black Bull Nova's excellent post on the previous page.

Arsenal fan discovers MCFC are cheating - shock horror!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #38309 on: June 29, 2023, 05:46:07 pm »

As much as I want these c*nts to get the fucking book and everything else thrown at them. Penis Morgan can fuck right off with his jumping on any bandwagon just to get publicity, the massive phone-tapping twat.  :wanker

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38310 on: June 29, 2023, 05:51:08 pm »
how on earth did that come about?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38311 on: June 29, 2023, 05:52:37 pm »
As much as I want these c*nts to get the fucking book and everything else thrown at them. Penis Morgan can fuck right off with his jumping on any bandwagon just to get publicity, the massive phone-tapping twat.  :wanker
I can't stand the prick but who cares who's saying it, as long as the issue gets more exposure?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #38312 on: June 29, 2023, 05:57:14 pm »
I can't stand the prick but who cares who's saying it, as long as the issue gets more exposure?
Be sound if he does but still hate the massive c*nt.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38313 on: June 29, 2023, 06:03:25 pm »
It's not exactly finger on the pulse stuff. This has been out there for ages.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38314 on: June 29, 2023, 06:05:39 pm »
It's not exactly finger on the pulse stuff. This has been out there for ages.

Er... yeah... but Arsenal fans didn't care very much until last season.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38315 on: June 29, 2023, 06:08:00 pm »

Amazing he didn't give a shit until this season the slippery cnut.

Still interesting Sky have sanctioned it. I wonder if their subs are way down with City cheating their way to so many titles and now they are pissed off with losing so many customers.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 06:10:20 pm by Mister Flip Flop »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #38316 on: June 29, 2023, 06:09:03 pm »
Amazed that people still care about City’s financial dealings. They’re not getting punished in any meaningful way, so who cares about the intricacies of what they’ve done wrong?

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38317 on: June 29, 2023, 06:09:29 pm »
Amazing he didn't give a shit until this season the slippery cnut.

;)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38318 on: June 29, 2023, 06:15:32 pm »
Amazed that people still care about City’s financial dealings. They’re not getting punished in any meaningful way, so who cares about the intricacies of what they’ve done wrong?
so everyone should just shrug and ignore it?  what's your point?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #38319 on: June 29, 2023, 06:22:34 pm »
so everyone should just shrug and ignore it?  what's your point?
I think he's saying that everyone are too busy blowing smoke up Cheaty Abu Dhabi's ringpieces and telling us how great they are to care about anything else.