Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2828411 times)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #32520 on: February 7, 2023, 01:35:56 am »
The thick acrid smell of hypocrisy in Bluemoon is astounding.

“The PL and it's corruption, cheating, selective VAR, creative timekeeping, bookings, penalties etc etc all generally favouring 2 fuckin Clubs can fuck right off.”

I guess when you cheat and are blind to it then everyone else is the problem.

Hypocrisy and weapons-grade stupidity. They have pipped us to the title by a point twice. Why would the powers that be allow that if there really were some grand conspiracy against them?
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Re: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled
« Reply #32521 on: February 7, 2023, 01:36:12 am »
The Blue Loons are convincing themselves that the UAE will put pressure on the UK Government - to put pressure on the PL.

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #32522 on: February 7, 2023, 01:36:23 am »
Let's assume a scenario where City is found guilty and the PL decides that they can keep their titles...

Couldn't we and United just upgrade each Wall of Champions with the 3 more titles.

I mean it would be a statement and I think it would be accepted by the vast majority of the public.

Because who is City?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32523 on: February 7, 2023, 01:39:03 am »
Or he’s entered a plea bargain sort of arrangement to keep himself out of trouble.

Possibly tax avoidance if he has lied about his income, but I doubt it. The PL doesn’t have that sort of power and the tax authorities couldn’t give a fuck about breaches of PL rules. This isn’t a criminal matter. Effectively City have just breached the private rules of a members club.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32524 on: February 7, 2023, 01:41:40 am »
They really should be expelled from the Premier league. Let them go an play the Abu Dhabi league. They have shown nothing but contempt for the leagues rules so why should they be allowed to continue to participate?

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32525 on: February 7, 2023, 01:54:07 am »
They are delusional on Bluemoon to think this is a conspiracy against them. Shows what too much sportswashing does to the mind. They’re going to start rocking up to games in their “Make Football Great Again” hats the way it’s going!

Offline tamadic

• Kopite
« Reply #32526 on: February 7, 2023, 01:56:56 am »
Never gets old... TOO FUNNY! Karma is a bxxxh

"They had the greatest season in their entire history and they came second... Too funny"
Noel Gallagher takes aim at Liverpool and sets out his 2019/20 Premier League predictions.

Full: http://skysports.tv/OVCoWb

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #32527 on: February 7, 2023, 01:57:27 am »
They are delusional on Bluemoon to think this is a conspiracy against them. Shows what too much sportswashing does to the mind. They’re going to start rocking up to games in their “Make Football Great Again” hats the way it’s going!

'Storm Capitol Hill!'

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32528 on: February 7, 2023, 01:59:35 am »

Ah yes. The pro Liverpool and Man Utd conspiracy they claim exists. Worst fucking conspiracy ever given we didn’t win the league for decades and Man Utd fell off a cliff when Ferguson left.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32529 on: February 7, 2023, 03:57:30 am »
Their "titles" aren't going away unfortunately. At best, it will be a points deduction in the season they are determined to be guilty and/or relegation.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #32530 on: February 7, 2023, 04:13:57 am »
Never again will they be that 'innocent' old Man City.

I used to like them back in the days of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Franny Lee....Joe Mercer days . I wouldn't call them innocent, but they were honest.

Franny Lee, what a player. Shankly tried to buy him from Bolton, after he scored a cracker against us in the League Cup, I think it was. But he preferred City. City had a good side back then.

Another good reason to like Franny Lee was the way he dealt with Norman Hunter in that infamous Derby County- Leeds United game.

Straying a bit off topic, but enjoying the memories.
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #32531 on: February 7, 2023, 04:34:51 am »
The thick acrid smell of hypocrisy in Bluemoon is astounding.

“The PL and it's corruption, cheating, selective VAR, creative timekeeping, bookings, penalties etc etc all generally favouring 2 fuckin Clubs can fuck right off.”

I guess when you cheat and are blind to it then everyone else is the problem.

They won the league last season because they got away with more than one dodgy VAR decision. ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32532 on: February 7, 2023, 04:39:24 am »

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32533 on: February 7, 2023, 04:45:45 am »
Franny Lee was up for the fight. Great scenes with Hunter.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32534 on: February 7, 2023, 04:48:03 am »
The Prem have made a huge move. Man City will either own the league, or be slapped down, with suitable punishment to come.

I favor the latter, as the Prem wants to show the government that it can run its own affairs.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32535 on: February 7, 2023, 04:54:56 am »
The Premier League simply HAS TO win this battle with Man City now. Otherwise its going to do untold damage. I mean, imagine if City get off with it and then a couple of years down the line another club gets charged with 5, 10, 15 breaches. They're going to turn around and say "you can't punish us for those when you let Man City off with over 100 breaches..."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #32536 on: February 7, 2023, 05:19:19 am »
The Premier League simply HAS TO win this battle with Man City now. Otherwise its going to do untold damage. I mean, imagine if City get off with it and then a couple of years down the line another club gets charged with 5, 10, 15 breaches. They're going to turn around and say "you can't punish us for those when you let Man City off with over 100 breaches..."

Yeah but they can spin even a minor punishment as a win though
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32537 on: February 7, 2023, 05:26:24 am »
They'll get a paltry fine for it. That's all.

Why go to 4 years of investigation just to issue a paltry fine though.? And don’t forget the Premier League are essentially the 20 clubs who compete in it not some independent organisation like the FA .

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32538 on: February 7, 2023, 05:50:35 am »
This is reminding me how baffled I was at the wide-ranging outrage over the ESL.  I don't even agree with the ESL and wouldn't want it, but as an alternative to UEFA's Champions League it just didn't feel like such a massive aggrievance when compared against City's financial doping and  the potential for other clubs to do the same thing in future.

The chances of City finishing outside of the top 4 with that squad is as close to nil as can be.  Give it a few years and Newcastle would be in the same position.  Then you've got 2 spots left to get in the Champs league for Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Spurs to fight over.  And that's until another nation state comes in for a club.

The Champs League was already getting very close to a closed shop, the ESL was taking it just one step further.  Getting an invite to the ESL was probably going to be about as likely as finishing above teams ran by Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc.  But nobody seemed that bothered.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32539 on: February 7, 2023, 05:53:58 am »
They'll get a paltry fine for it. That's all.

Chelsea got a transfer ban for much, much less than this. IF they get found guilty they'll be getting much more than a paltry fine for it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32540 on: February 7, 2023, 05:56:38 am »
I wonder that sniveling, little weasel of a City fan, Laurence Bury has had to say about all this?...Knowing him, he'll be laying all the blame at the feet of LFC.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #32541 on: February 7, 2023, 06:11:45 am »
I read this in adam curtis's voice.
Not sure Curtis would thank you for saying he sounds like Donald Rumsfeld
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 06:46:02 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32542 on: February 7, 2023, 06:13:07 am »
I wonder that sniveling, little weasel of a City fan, Laurence Bury has had to say about all this?...Knowing him, he'll be laying all the blame at the feet of LFC.
He's a shithouse

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32543 on: February 7, 2023, 06:51:37 am »
If they just get a financial penalty it would be a farce. They'd simply divert funds from one of their dodgy deals.

Speaking of which. If someone like Etihad has stated their sponsorship deal was worth £67.5m yet they only contributed say only £10m per year shouldn't they be banned as a sponsor for not complying with PL rules.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32544 on: February 7, 2023, 07:03:51 am »
I must admit I had no idea just how massive this was

The Premier League have pushed all their chips into the middle. They wouldn’t have without cast iron proof that the city lawyers can only limit the damage on

One of the two are finished. And it’s going to be City

Reading what Man City are charged of in those 100+ charges, I'd say this is spot on. The PL know that the new ESL project is being prepared. If they don't punish Man City severely, the likes of LFC, Man Utd and Arsenal are off to the ESL ...

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32545 on: February 7, 2023, 07:08:00 am »

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #32546 on: February 7, 2023, 07:16:00 am »
Seems like stripping of titles isn't even being considered from what I've read. Which means even if any punishment is on the heavier side (relegation, large points deductions) the damage is done.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32547 on: February 7, 2023, 07:21:05 am »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #32548 on: February 7, 2023, 07:21:18 am »
Reading what Man City are charged of in those 100+ charges, I'd say this is spot on. The PL know that the new ESL project is being prepared. If they don't punish Man City severely, the likes of LFC, Man Utd and Arsenal are off to the ESL ...
Exactly. There is no way every other PL club will just say "that's alright then" if the cheats get away with a small punishment. As Rushyman says, the PL has gone all-in now; it simply can't afford to wimp out.

Seems like stripping of titles isn't even being considered from what I've read. Which means even if any punishment is on the heavier side (relegation, large points deductions) the damage is done.
That's a joke. They should 'lose' their titles and all other silverware stolen during the period of cheating regardless of whether they get awarded to other clubs or not. They should also be relegated to the Championship at the very least.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 07:22:56 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32549 on: February 7, 2023, 07:24:53 am »
Fuck it. Everyone now knows Klopp's Liverpool is the best side of the PL era. None of the City titles count. We already knew it, now everyone else has to suck it up.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32550 on: February 7, 2023, 07:25:10 am »
Any financial penalty shouldn't be just a fine. At a minimum they should have the total value of the overstated sponsorship deducted off their budget for the next few season or the fine to be that value.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #32551 on: February 7, 2023, 07:27:22 am »
I think your argument is very valid, but I don't really see people changing their mind should Man City get punished. It has been pretty obvious for some time what influence it's having on us as a club that we have to compete with a team that basically has a bottomless pit of money. And still, we've done incredibly well over the past few years, but we're also paying a price for that this season (and we did pay a price for that in the 20-21 season). To compete with Man City we had to be as close to perfect as we could for quite a few years and still we fell short in all seasons except one. Because of what Man City were able to do thanks to their money, we never really could take our foot of the gas like you normally would be able to do, if you were competing on a (more or less) level playing field. And still, you had and have people mostly pointing to what FSG or the club has done wrong for us to end up in the situation we are in.

I'm not saying, we've not made mistakes, but I'm also pretty certain that under different circumstances (i.e. not competing against a club using financial cheats) those mistakes would not have such a big effect or we might have been able to avoid some of the alltogether, because we were under less pressure to outperform them week after week. That's not even taking into account how Man City through their ability to pay whatever they want (whether it's wages or transfer fees) have also had a massive influence on what we can do financially to compete with them or other clubs to sign players or just renew contracts.
That's a great summary, and exactly where I'm at in terms of the ownership. Regardless of our mistakes, or how much we could've/should've spent, or who we could've/should've bought (or got rid of), the unavoidable truth is we were playing against a club with all the cheat codes .

A club that can spend the GDP of a small country on defenders until they get it right. Or £100m on Jack fucking Grealish, and not worry about him having zero impact or sitting on the bench. Or win the league on the final day,  and then spend £900k a week to get a goal machine that all the other European clubs were after.

I've been accused many times of being pro-FSG, but have always said I don't care who the owners are - provided they meet a clear set of criteria such as running us properly, modernising the club, making us competitive again on and off the pitch, and not leveraging us with unsustainable debts. I'm 'Pro-fairness' far more than being a huge fan of our owners, and still stand my argument that it's City that skewed so many people's views of FSG and Jurgen's tenure - a lot more than many realise. We won't get those years back, but I do think it's important to have perspective, and to realise that those years weren't 'wasted' or 'neglected'. We were cheated, pure and simple - with every pound spent having to make an impact, every injured player becoming a huge burden, and every point dropped possibly being the difference between champions and second place (as we painfully experienced twice on the final day).

The ideal outcome from here (whether FSG stay or not) is for City to be nailed to the wall and relegated, Guardiola to leave, our players to feel that justice has been done, and that their efforts were not in vain (and were in fact herculean under the circumstances). Jurgen, the players and the fanbase become re-energised, and other clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle become next on the list for some major scrutiny (plus PSG and anyone else cooking the books in Europe...).

Then hopefully the gulf states get spooked and get their grubby hands off our league, retreat to their palaces in the desert, whilst their sportswashing projects are gradually dismantled, and whilst they watch their profits tumble as the world finally addresses climate change and moves away from oil for good.

City's titles are then stripped, and they linger in the Championship having lost all their best players in a desperate fire sale. Jurgen extends his contract again, and without the burden of City/Guardiola and their bottomless money pit - he rebuilds his next great team as he always wanted to - on a level playing field.

Arsenal win the league in May, we resolve our midfield in the summer, and come out fighting in August - all driven on by the desire to have those parades that City and Covid so cruelly deprived us of. We win the 3 extra titles we deserved, and turn the whole city red many times over as we add to our trophy cabinet and the Champions wall. Instead of people remembering 2017-2022 as the years we didn't maximise our position, they'll see that it was amazing we won anything at all - given the odds that were stacked against us. We'll be remembered as the club that took on the oil cheats and slogged it out for 5 seasons - and the only team that got anywhere near them, whilst other clubs weren't even at the races. We'll turn a corner this season eventually, and gradually rediscover all the ingredients that have made the last 6 years such a great ride, and which almost culminated in footballing immortality last summer.

Form (and cheating..) are temporary. Class is permanent. Our perch awaits...
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 07:30:20 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32552 on: February 7, 2023, 07:32:08 am »
I would be very surprised if they get a meaningful punishment. Probably a transfer ban, some points off next season. That's what has happened to other cheating clubs. The damage to the valuation of all the PL clubs from relegating ManC would be immense - wont happen of course.

At the end of the day, Abu Dhabi have made so many important people much richer. It's not just ManC and their players, but they have inflated the value of all the clubs and their players - including ours.

Also, ManC can (quite rightly) point at Chelsea, whose owner poured money into Chelsea for years while PL did nothing. Chelsea set the new standard back then, and they are doing it again right now.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 07:35:02 am by jepovic »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #32553 on: February 7, 2023, 07:35:44 am »
Must admit, I’m torn between finding it all hilarious and finding it all a bit depressing / no longer really caring about any of it.

It’ll be hilarious if City get what they’ve always deserved, the cheating pricks. But it’s undeniably depressing thinking back to the glories that Jürgen’s time in charge should rightly have brought us. I’m honestly not interested in any ideas of being awarded leagues past. Woopdefuckindo.

And I reckon it’ll be some soft arse points deduction and then them and Newcastle and Everton and Chelsea and whoever's next will carry on breaking (or bending) the rules as best they can. Nothing will really change and clubs that go about things the right way will always be up against it.

So yeah, hilarious and about time, but at the same time I’m personally struggling to care about it all that much.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32554 on: February 7, 2023, 07:43:57 am »
For me all of this is nice and well intentioned from the PL but unless they serve out punishment quickly then a lot of this is meaningless really. In some ways it does detract the competitions that Man City are involved in as this is now a massive cloud hanging over their heads and all their other opponents will have some advantage over them, which I’m well up for, but also though I want teams to knock them out of competitions because on the day the other team played better, not because they are about to be dumped out of the league for financial irregularities; if that makes sense? Probably not

Also I would love for some significant action to be taken against them but I can’t see it happening, I genuinely can’t other than the PL seeing this as an opportunity to line their greedy pockets with more dosh.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32555 on: February 7, 2023, 07:47:11 am »
Not taking their ill gotten gains away and presenting them to the rightful winners is just punishing everyone else for City’s cheating.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32556 on: February 7, 2023, 07:50:36 am »
This is serious shit for City.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/06/if-manchester-city-are-guilty-they-have-betrayed-football-as-a-spectacle

Refuse to click on anything that wanker writes.

This is exactly what I knew would happen as soon as the news came out yesterday - that journalists football writers who have spent years lauding City and sucking Guardiola and Haaland off, would now go and virtue-signal their heads off once it's an easier target. It was the exact same with Chelsea. No one said anything for years, which helped enable it and legitimise it. Now those same arseholes are again there for the moral compass tap-in.

Fuck off Ronay you two-faced prick.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #32557 on: February 7, 2023, 07:51:19 am »
I think one has to realize that the entire PL economy is now partially founded on oil money. The value of LFC is to a large extent connected to the possibility, even if it never materializes, that some oil state will go big and buy the club for much more money than what makes rational business sense. The same is true for all the clubs. Likewise, the hundreds of millions of oil money that is poured into the transfer market increases the value of all players and clubs, because the money is spent.

If ManC would be relegated or punished with a meaningful fine (say 500M), it would make any investment in a PL club much more risky. The owners hate risk. The whole point of ESL was to remove the relegation risk.

PL is a commercial enterprise, dont forget that, and most clubs can never compete for titles anyway. LFC and ManU are the exceptions, because we could have won more titles without Abu Dhabi.

The ideal scenario for the PL is that ManC gets a slap on the wrist, which creates a certain aura of fairness. Arsenal winning would also be fantastic for the credibility of PL as a competition. At the end of the day, everyone in charge is quite happy with the oil money.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #32558 on: February 7, 2023, 07:52:01 am »
Refuse to click on anything that wanker writes.

This is exactly what I knew would happen as soon as the news came out yesterday - that journalists football writers who have spent years lauding City and sucking Guardiola and Haaland off, would now go and virtue-signal their heads off once it's an easier target. It was the exact same with Chelsea. No one said anything for years, which helped enable it and legitimise it. Now those same arseholes are again there for the moral compass tap-in.

Fuck off Ronay you two-faced prick.
Yep. Spot on.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #32559 on: February 7, 2023, 07:53:06 am »
City cheated for 9 years and still didn’t win the Champions League 🤣🤣
And Guardiola hasn't won it for 12 years - despite spending over £1.5 billion in that time.

He'll be just as tainted by all this as City - his soundbites about the ownership are bullshit. He knows exactly what's going on, and probably has a hidden second income waiting in an offshore account for him.

'Here you go Pep - here's another £300m for players, plus the same amount for their wages. We know it's a lot more than all the other clubs, but it's all legit, as Abu Dhabi Taxis have just signed a huge sponsorship deal until 2030'.

'Are you sure guys? I'll walk if I find out you've been lying...'

'Don't worry Pep - just tell the media you know nothing, and  remember that island and yacht that you'll get in retirement. Plus we know where your family live'.

He's as complicit in all of this as the rest of them, and I hope this ends his career just as much as it ends City as a club. A previously doped-up manager and a doped-up football club - both destroyed by their own greed and arrogance. Glorious stuff.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 07:54:38 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.