Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2815558 times)

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #10120 on: August 31, 2020, 05:06:23 pm »
Seems Son of Spion touched a nerve with them. I will just quote his post in full, then. Enjoy!  :wave

amazing

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10121 on: August 31, 2020, 05:12:53 pm »
What’s odd is that they think we hate them...

And it’s just not the case.

Mostly we are just laughing at them.  Like a pompous jumped up Everton with oodles of money.  They are a figure of fun, not a figure of hatred.
They are hilarious.  And of course quite sad.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10122 on: August 31, 2020, 05:22:47 pm »
I think it is probably that most of them have so tightly linked their identity with that of their owners by this point that they think any hate directed at the sportwashing regime is actually aimed at them too when they are merely a tool in service of that aim, you blame the driver for a hit and run incident not the car.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10123 on: August 31, 2020, 05:26:23 pm »
Seems Son of Spion touched a nerve with them. I will just quote his post in full, then. Enjoy!  :wave
Really? My posts in here aren't written for their consumption, but if they copy, paste, then bite, that's up to them.

I suppose it would hit a few Abu Dhabi nerves if they read it though. Things really hit nerves when there is a lot of uncomfortable truths in there.  :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10124 on: August 31, 2020, 05:30:25 pm »
Thankfully I don’t know any city fans so can only go by what I’ve seen on blue loon. The ones on there are sick, bitter individuals.
The only City fan I've known was a guy from Manchester who my cousin married. A lovely fella he is too. He would get us tickets for Maine Road when we played them there. A proper old school City fan. No surprise at all that he binned them off when they became ADCFC and his own son is a Liverpool fan.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10125 on: August 31, 2020, 05:34:44 pm »
Looks like that post really upset them. Good effort

Typical of the sensitivities of their owners that now permeates through the fan base really. Proving the post correct if anything!
Like I said in another post, it was not for their consumption anyway. To be honest, it never really crosses my mind that they'd bother trawling our site, and especially this thread. Probably because I never do likewise on their site or any other opposition site.

But anyway, of course it would upset, simply because it hits on uncomfortable truths they'd rather not look at and acknowledge.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10126 on: August 31, 2020, 05:43:56 pm »
I think it is probably that most of them have so tightly linked their identity with that of their owners by this point that they think any hate directed at the sportwashing regime is actually aimed at them too when they are merely a tool in service of that aim, you blame the driver for a hit and run incident not the car.

Well this is it. I've never hated Manchester City, but Manchester City is now dead. The corpse of what was a good club has been body-snatched by a murderous regime for PR purposes. The one's who didn't bin the charade off out of protest are unwitting, or maybe willing, useful idiots now. They are the kiddies bribed with sweets by a callous abuser and can't see how they are being used and exploited simply because the abuser gives them gifts.

The seething mess that is now left following and defending the scam are to be pitied more than hated. It's actually amazing in life how many abused people will steadfastly defend their abuser to outsiders. Similar is happening on a grand scale with Abu Dhabi and their use and exploitation of what was the Man City fanbase and club name.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:45:53 pm by Son of Spion* »

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10127 on: August 31, 2020, 06:21:27 pm »
Like I said in another post, it was not for their consumption anyway. To be honest, it never really crosses my mind that they'd bother trawling our site, and especially this thread. Probably because I never do likewise on their site or any other opposition site.

But anyway, of course it would upset, simply because it hits on uncomfortable truths they'd rather not look at and acknowledge.

I think it all boils down to being comfortable with who you are.  Everyone has their faults, but if you're at peace with yourself then any insults thrown your way really don't matter.  You can deal with criticisms, real or imagined, because you know yourself.  Any genuine concerns you work through and know you have to, if you want to be a better person.

If you know, deep down that the criticism rings true, then you will lash out.  Because you're not really happy with yourself.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10128 on: August 31, 2020, 07:16:07 pm »
I think it all boils down to being comfortable with who you are.  Everyone has their faults, but if you're at peace with yourself then any insults thrown your way really don't matter.  You can deal with criticisms, real or imagined, because you know yourself.  Any genuine concerns you work through and know you have to, if you want to be a better person.

If you know, deep down that the criticism rings true, then you will lash out.  Because you're not really happy with yourself.

That's just about it in a nutshell.

Also, for me, the 'Everton with money' tag really does ring true.

Both clubs and fanbases seem incredibly insecure, deeply paranoid and so obsessed with Liverpool that they have sacrificed their own identities.

Both fanbases seem to live wretched lives, consumed by anger and bitterness. One has had no success for quarter of a century and is deeply unhappy and defensive. The other has had unearned riches handed to them and trinkets bought for them, yet is also deeply unhappy and defensive. Clearly, what the core issue is is not success (or lack of) itself, it's mindset and attitude. One lot is skint and the other won the lottery, yet both have deeply corrosive mindsets that do them no good whatsoever. Two entirely different worlds, but one horribly toxic and destructive outlook and focus. Thus, both are deeply unhappy and exhibit the fact on a daily basis in all they say and do.

Both can protest that all they like, but their actions give the game away.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10129 on: August 31, 2020, 07:57:15 pm »
That's just about it in a nutshell.

Also, for me, the 'Everton with money' tag really does ring true.

Both clubs and fanbases seem incredibly insecure, deeply paranoid and so obsessed with Liverpool that they have sacrificed their own identities.

Both fanbases seem to live wretched lives, consumed by anger and bitterness. One has had no success for quarter of a century and is deeply unhappy and defensive. The other has had unearned riches handed to them and trinkets bought for them, yet is also deeply unhappy and defensive. Clearly, what the core issue is is not success (or lack of) itself, it's mindset and attitude. One lot is skint and the other won the lottery, yet both have deeply corrosive mindsets that do them no good whatsoever. Two entirely different worlds, but one horribly toxic and destructive outlook and focus. Thus, both are deeply unhappy and exhibit the fact on a daily basis in all they say and do.

Both can protest that all they like, but their actions give the game away.

We took the piss out of them with the Stop Crying your heart out Koppaberg banner, but whats written on a £2 coin and was then robbed for an Oasis album title is a lot more apt as a jibe at these shower

The Royal Mint chose this due to Isaac Newton saying to Robert Hooke 'if I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants'. This acknowledges the discoveries/achievements of those who came before. We have a rich history of achieving greatness, while remaining humble and garnering respect both at home and to a far larger degree, abroad, something these steroid bulked, history lacking, sportswashing bunch have no concept of.

The UEFA official rightly described us as European Royalty, something Abu Dhabi may dream of, but will never accomplish.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10130 on: August 31, 2020, 08:10:21 pm »
Nope, they just don't get the fact that they aren't a story. 'Plain Jane trophy-wife buys another Ferrari with sugar daddy's money' is not a story.

The story of Manchester city ended when they sold their name and their soul to murderers for sports washing purposes. The deal is that the murderous regime gets a false front in a prestige sport. Eventually, the hope is that their dire public image is softened and becomes more acceptable. In return, those who don't bin it off in protest are bought some shiny things. This keeps them sweet and unquestioning. The 'fans' are basically the useful idiots who will defend the regime in order to keep getting those shiny things. In the end, you are left with immoral scumbags who are followed by more immoral scumbags. Abu Dhabi City FC is born.

From the wider perspective, any trophy they acquire is pretty meaningless. If they do acquire a trophy, it's expected because of the obscene financial doping it took to get it. It's not a story. It's just another run of the mill day at the sports washing office.

Now, cast their eyes down the East Lancs or across their own city and they see a story. When these two clubs win things, it's box office. When either of these two clubs fail, it's also box office. History, triumph, tragedy, failure, success... It really doesn't matter with these two clubs, because they are box office regardless, and you only get to that level over many decades, with all the trials and tribulations that go along with building something from nothing but in a legitimate and legal way.

Contrast this with ADCFC. Handed everything on a plate. If something doesn't work, they simply replace it. Buy, buy, buy until they get it right. Bring in the biggest chequebook manager in the world. No need to actually coach and build. It's just let someone else develop the talent then poach it. If that piece of the jigsaw doesn't cut it, you just throw it away and buy another piece. It's so, so lazy. Off the peg 'success' with no real substance. A pint that's all bubbles and no beer.

What's that, another club has just beaten us by doing it the right way and actually adhering to the rules of the sport? Ah, we must hate and despise these people. We must also buy Messi now, because we don't even care about the rules anyway, and we are more than happy to abuse the sport and those who run it. We have money, so we can do what we like. We must buy and buy and buy again until we 'win' again. We make the rules, so we will have our way.

Ha, the football world is supposed to respect and admire that

The only time they should have a television special dedicated to them should be an investigative piece highlighting the horrors of their owners and also digging deep into their sports washing scam based in Manchester. That's where their story now lies. In murder, slavery, human rights abuse, sports washing scams, their abuse of and contempt for the game and the footballing authorities.

In the meantime, we can all sit back tomorrow night and watch a programme about a fantastic football team built by an amazing manager who oozes respect and humility. A team and a manager that did it organically and with respect for the rules of the sport. A club/team that defeated those entitled, arrogant narcissists who believe success is theirs by right just because they throw the most money at it. A real club, with a real team and a real manager that actually coaches. A title win crafted out of the ashes of almost going into administration not that many years ago. Now that's a story worth telling.

Their bile comes from knowing, deep down inside, that they aren't the real thing. They are false. They are hollow, and so is any 'success' that they purchase along the way. They'll never be respected, and nor should they be.

Well done. That's a really fine post, elegantly written.

I have only one minor quibble (can you have a major quibble?). That's Guardiola. I agree - I have to agree - that he's never been tested without his chequebook. But he's still a fine coach and he had to work hard to make that team play in the way he wanted them to play. I think we should recognise his talent here. Klopp certainly does.

But this is the point about this club. The poison is so strong there that it has entered the veins of Guardiola too. The longer he manages this emirate, the less he relies on his coaching genius. As you say, his reflex now is the same as the owners'. To throw extraordinary amounts of money at a perceived problem and to win, not by seeking solutions on the training ground, but simply by  pouring cash down the throat of the institution that was once known as Manchester City FC.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #10131 on: August 31, 2020, 08:21:39 pm »
That's the thing if they sign Messi, it's a double whammy as it means Pep isn't fucking off any time soon when this should be his last season. Klopp and this team would have two league titles if not for Pep.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10132 on: September 1, 2020, 12:48:06 am »
Well done. That's a really fine post, elegantly written.

I have only one minor quibble (can you have a major quibble?). That's Guardiola. I agree - I have to agree - that he's never been tested without his chequebook. But he's still a fine coach and he had to work hard to make that team play in the way he wanted them to play. I think we should recognise his talent here. Klopp certainly does.

But this is the point about this club. The poison is so strong there that it has entered the veins of Guardiola too. The longer he manages this emirate, the less he relies on his coaching genius. As you say, his reflex now is the same as the owners'. To throw extraordinary amounts of money at a perceived problem and to win, not by seeking solutions on the training ground, but simply by  pouring cash down the throat of the institution that was once known as Manchester City FC.

It would be silly of me to make out Guardiola is anything but a very good football manager. I'd not even try to do that in any serious conversation. How he would fare without a monster chequebook is anyone's guess though, and we'll probably never get to know the answer. Of course, he's worked hard to get those players playing to his requirements, and that's a talent in itself, so I'm not trying to disrespect him unjustly. As talented as he undoubtedly is, he still has the option to shell out what he wants on who he wants. If it works out, fine, but if not, he can just shell out again, and again and...

It's a bit like how you pay a quid to get three throws at the coconut. Thing is, Guardiola gets unlimited free goes until he gets a hit. Abu Dhabi brought him in specifically to make sure the sports wash gets as many goes at the CL as possible, and they provide him with the chequebook needed for that to happen. Both Abu Dhabi and him are now the perfect match in that they will both throw as much money at the coconut as is necessary to make it eventually fall. A good, talented manager no doubt at all, but I'd love to see just how good he really is, but we'll never get to see it because he only goes where the massive money is.

My comment about not actually needing to coach and build had the end of this season in mind. None of the talk from inside the Emptyhad or outside of it centred on Guardiola coaching his side to a better outcome next season. None of it was about what more he could get out of his players. All the talk has been about who they need to buy to 'close the gap' and retake the crown. That's all that's come out of their club, the media and their fanbase. Nothing in there about Guardiola regrouping his players and getting stuck in. It's all about if we buy this player and that player we'll be top dogs again. It's all about getting the chequebook out yet again and spend, spend, spend until they get a hit again. The money and risk for all this is inconsequential because it's peanuts to their sportswash paymasters. So Guardiola gets as many free goes at the coconut as he likes.

Guardiola seems to be cut from very different cloth than Klopp. Whereas Klopp is willing to test himself with real challenges, Guardiola seems to hide behind the chequebook and shun any real test of his talents. From his point of view he won't care, of course, and why should he? But from an outside perspective it's a bit of a shame that no one will ever know the true range of his qualities simply because the open chequebook means he's never really tested fully. Of course, he can buy good players and he can get them to play his way but, for me, a Klopp offers so much more than that. We know this to be true because Klopp has shown it and proved it beyond all doubt.

Our push for the title the season before last exposed real psychological frailties in Guardiola which have deepened over the course of the season just ended. This has hurt him and it's clearly hurt all involved with the sports wash. Their reaction, from owners, manager, fanbase and sympathetic media? Spend, spend, spend and spend again. To me, that says such a lot about all concerned. Liverpool lose in Kiev and all the talk is about how Klopp regroups, inspires and coaches his way through the heartbreak to go again the next season. Liverpool hit 97 points but miss out on the title to the sports wash by a point, and the talk is about how does Klopp motivate, galvanise and inspire more from his players in order to go again next time. This is the difference between how both managers and clubs are perceived. One is expected to coach and work their way out of problems, the other is expected to buy themselves out of problems and keep buying until it ultimately pays off.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10133 on: September 1, 2020, 03:59:25 am »
Brilliant post again! You should be writing for a publication mate.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10134 on: September 1, 2020, 04:02:17 am »
Brilliant post again! You should be writing for a publication mate.

He is.

It's called RAWK.  8)

Whatever gets posted in this website, gets used elsewhere.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10135 on: September 1, 2020, 06:02:39 am »
Messi really is going to tarnish his legacy if he plays for a plastic club. Him and Guardiola are perfect for City really, damp, cold hearted characters who just want success by buying it out.
If they can't win the premier league and champions league with Messi, Koulibally and the most expensive squad in the history of world football, they should just pack it in.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10136 on: September 1, 2020, 08:38:11 am »
I think it's worth mentioning that back in the day I used to go to Maine Road to watch Liverpool and used to have a good laugh and banter with the Man City fans in the pubs and out and about

Generally they were a great bunch and they were pretty friendly to LFC. They didn't like Manchester United, didn't like Everton and didn't like most of the clubs that we didn't like.

They had great fans and we saw some great games.

I don't think those fans have gone anywhere. I think they are still around. Many, I'm sure, still go to the games.

What you are seeing with some forums isn't the hard-core fanbase (I know plenty of hardcore Liverpool fans that would never ever consider being on a forum - but they are still out there)

Same when you go to the games and speak to City fans at their gaff or at ours. There is no real animosity in person. I've met them on holidays and we've usually had a good laugh.

So I think it's important to realise that they still have many, many real fans that have been going years who hate their new regime as much as we hated Gillette and Hicks. It's just that they may not post or now get lost in the sea of Glory-hunting gobshite fans from across the globe that used to probably support Liverpool or Arsenal or Chelsea or Manchester United or PSG or Barca.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #10137 on: September 1, 2020, 08:50:57 am »
I think it's worth mentioning that back in the day I used to go to Maine Road to watch Liverpool and used to have a good laugh and banter with the Man City fans in the pubs and out and about

Generally they were a great bunch and they were pretty friendly to LFC. They didn't like Manchester United, didn't like Everton and didn't like most of the clubs that we didn't like.

I don't think those fans have gone anywhere. I think they are still around. Many, I'm sure, still go to the games.

What you are seeing with some forums isn't the hard-core fanbase (I know plenty of hardcore Liverpool fans that would never ever consider being on a forum - but they are still out there)

Same when you go to the games and speak to City fans at their gaff or at ours. There is no real animosity in person. I've met them on holidays and we've usually had a good laugh.

So I think it's important to realise that they still have many, many real fans that have been going years who hate their new regime as much as we hated Gillette and Hicks. It's just that they may not post or now get lost in the sea of Glory-hunting gobshite fans from across the globe that used to probably support Liverpool or Arsenal or Chelsea or Manchester United or PSG or Barca.

That's true of most fans you meet out and about - including Everton and Manure. Put someone behind a keyboard and the herd mentality ensues and people are prepared to say the most vile things without consequence.

The difference on RAWK is that we have proper MODS (well mostly  ;)) who won`t allow outright abuse. If, for example, someone posted some perceived witicism about Munich on here they would be banned straight away.

Anyway, the point I am making is that when you meet fans of other clubs in a non tribal setting then 99% of the time they are sound enough.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10138 on: September 1, 2020, 08:50:59 am »

Good post. It's easy to blacken a whole fan base through the words of a few loons on GOT or Blue Moon. The City fans I've known have all been decent and enjoy their football. The majority of Everton fans I know are the same.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10139 on: September 1, 2020, 09:19:57 am »
To be honest with you the fans general defensive and counter aggressive attitude has largely derived from the clubs owners and its manager. Pep has publicly on many occasion displayed anger and victim mentality. The fans feel obliged to defend the manager and club and voila, they are where they are.  A complete circus show. 😂

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10140 on: September 1, 2020, 10:01:05 am »
That's the thing if they sign Messi, it's a double whammy as it means Pep isn't fucking off any time soon when this should be his last season. Klopp and this team would have two league titles if not for Pep.

It's a double whammy of pressure for both Ped and Messi too. Expectations will be sky high; yet if they're reached the universal reaction will be "meh" because that's the problem when the minimum expectation is so high.

It occurs to me that Messi has perhaps three solid seasons left in him, and ADFC know Klopp is going in 2024. If I were a cynic I'd think they're desperate to find a way of Klopp-blocking us in the short term, in the hopes we'll slide away after he goes.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #10141 on: September 1, 2020, 10:16:36 am »
If you support the team, you support the regime.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10142 on: September 1, 2020, 10:19:19 am »

Good post this (and those of Spion). Two of my best mates (both in their 60's) are mancs. One a red and one a blue. Individually 2 of the soundest lads you could meet and great fun to watch a game with. The blue also really likes Liverpool and both his sons are Liverpool supporters. As I say I get on fine with them and actually watch games with them but they won't go near each other !! I always enjoyed City going back over the decades. Had a soft spot for them. Really liked their supporters and the humour that they greeted their unending catastrophes with.
New "Blue Mancdom" just passes me by. The project .... whatever.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #10143 on: September 1, 2020, 11:36:52 am »
They should check their receipt, they only bought those leagues, not any interest in them from anyone else.  ;D

Exactly. In 90 minutes the BBC Documentary talked about Shankly, Paisley and the years of dominance, Joe Fagan's treble, Heysel, Kenny taking over, Hillsborough the Merseyside FInal and Arsenal winning the league at Anfield, Kenny retiring, the Spice Boys, Souness and his mis-steps as manager, Roy Evans and Ged, 2001 and the treble including the Owen Final and the madness of the Alaves final... great young players like Fowler and MacManaman, Gerrard, Owen and then Rafa and Istanbul, the Gerrard Final, Fernando Torres (bouce in a minute), Hicks & Gillett and the fight against them, Hodgson, the FSG takeover and bringing Kenny back, the introduction of stats based analysis, Suarez and Andy Carroll, Brendan and 13-14, the Gerrard slip... Brendan leaving and...

"Hallo..." the appointment of Jurgen Klopp (the Normal One), Mane, Salah and Van Dyck... Kiev and Karius, Allisson joining, Number 6 in Madrid and finally... CHAMP19NS...

(and breathe...)

Man City's documentary would go: Win the league in 1968... FA Cup in 1969, Cup Winners Cup and League Cup in 70, League Cup 76... 30 years of fuck all... then sold by one dodgy despot (Shinawatra) to a dodgy despotic country who spend billions and win the league under Roberto Mancini...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10144 on: September 1, 2020, 11:41:38 am »
Look at where our two clubs were 10 years ago compared to now. We're roughly on par, which tells you all you need to know about our respective clubs' journeys.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10145 on: September 1, 2020, 12:02:04 pm »
Some fantastic, engaging posts recently, Son of Spion.

My issue with Guardiola touches upon what you've eloquently written - and it stretches further when I consider my own professional position in my life and how I'm expected to be a leader and to manage those around me.

In what world is it acceptable for a coach to essentially say - 'my football is too complex, too complicated and technical than for anyone but the very best players in the world to play' ?? Which then gives him remit to only go to the most moneyed of clubs. It's a true, unacceptable cop-out and the fact that pundits and journalists alike pretty much say 'fair enough' to this is a disgrace.

In my job, or any other job with leadership elements required, you have to sometimes work with the raw tools at your disposal and build something, if I said to my director, 'yes we've spent X hundreds of thousands on staff for my team, but they're just not good enough to achieve my vision. Do not question my vision, my vision is beyond reproach, I will make you look and feel stupid if you don't agree with my vision. Can I have more money to create redundancies and advertise, interview and hire more staff as direct replacements?'

It wouldn't wash. Yes football is not entirely comparable to 'normal' businesses, but this cult of Guardiola is boring and it's just pathetic really. Journalists and pundits are so scared of 'not getting it,' of being challenged or demeaned for asking harder questions about Guardiola's track record (and what a track-record it is, but not enough risk and legacy building to deserve mention in the 'greatest managers' bracket). He's B tier. And until he takes on a challenge with some teeth, he'll always, in my eyes, be some faux-high-concept coach that hides behind achievements from 10 years ago and couldn't adequately answer any of the tough questions, but everyone is too scared or pompous to ask him.

Imagine a journalist sitting down with him and ignoring all the stuff about his supposed 'tactical innovations' (show me one that's actually original in the last 7 years) and his successes and asked him 'do you genuinely believe, based on the work that you've done during and after Barcelona, considering the backing you've had, that you can be compared to an Alex Ferguson or a Jurgen Klopp? And see his blood boil. See the full invective of the Abu Dhabi PR machine roll into force. The defences would come up and the barbs would come out. Don't question Pep. He's too good for questions. Fuck off.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10146 on: September 1, 2020, 12:08:18 pm »
But it is fair enough, he doesn’t have to take other jobs, because people think he should, when he can get the jobs he gets.  Football at this level is as far removed from the normal as you can get really, so comparing it to paths we’d be expected to take is tough to do.

I don’t like Guardiola, I have zero repsect for him, but one thing that does sort of grate is the constant jabs about having not taken ‘lesser jobs’. He doesn’t have to .

For me the one really boring factor of it all is though, and of course this is a favourite of Abu Dhabi fans, is how they love to compare trophy ‘hauls’ between him and Jürgen Klopp. With ZERO consideration to the career paths they have taken - paths dictated initially from their playing careeers.  What Klopp has achieved is hugely more impressive.

Klopp is a builder, Guardiola is a buyer.  Both are very good coaches. One is a far better human.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #10147 on: September 1, 2020, 12:57:49 pm »
I dont even know where to start. An Everton fan, registers on a Manchester City forum, to bark about us.

How can they say teams have no history? City, Chelsea, of course they have history.

That shower never started winning anything till the 1960s anyway

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10148 on: September 1, 2020, 01:00:07 pm »
I dont even know where to start. An Everton fan, registers on a Manchester City forum, to bark about us.

He has a point. 60 years ago is basically yesterday, def not considered historical at all.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10149 on: September 1, 2020, 01:11:47 pm »
But it is fair enough, he doesn’t have to take other jobs, because people think he should, when he can get the jobs he gets.  Football at this level is as far removed from the normal as you can get really, so comparing it to paths we’d be expected to take is tough to do.

I don’t like Guardiola, I have zero repsect for him, but one thing that does sort of grate is the constant jabs about having not taken ‘lesser jobs’. He doesn’t have to .

For me the one really boring factor of it all is though, and of course this is a favourite of Abu Dhabi fans, is how they love to compare trophy ‘hauls’ between him and Jürgen Klopp. With ZERO consideration to the career paths they have taken - paths dictated initially from their playing careeers.  What Klopp has achieved is hugely more impressive.

Klopp is a builder, Guardiola is a buyer.  Both are very good coaches. One is a far better human.
He doesn't have to, I agree. But there's a big difference between him taking say a Burnley (not advocating him ever doing this) to him taking over at a Dortmund or a Milan, storied clubs with history who either now or in the recent past have looked like they need a big rebuild and a totem to centre that around. They still spend good amounts of money, similar to ourselves with Klopp. The distinction is they don't spend what others in their league can. They're still undoubtedly huge jobs with massive prestige and cache. But he prefers to cherry pick offers from sides with no obvious competition.

So he doesn't have to take those sort of jobs and on balance has shown he can manage the so called 'super clubs.' But can he manage those one step behind and catch up and surpass? Could he take a Spanish national team loaded with talent but living in the shadow of their illustrious predecessors to trophies? We'll likely never know, because he's terrified of risk and the uncontrollable.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10150 on: September 1, 2020, 01:26:54 pm »
This is why Claudio Ranieri is undoubtedly the greatest manager in football history
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10151 on: September 1, 2020, 01:33:21 pm »
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-thread-2020-21.347331/page-30#post-12957541

Some real gems in there. The new Millwall. :lmao
That gobshite Prestwich_Blue is something else. His posing as some sort of intellectual jars with all the nonsense he spouts.  :o

:lmao

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10152 on: September 1, 2020, 01:36:28 pm »
That gobshite Prestwich_Blue is something else. His posing as some sort of intellectual jars with all the nonsense he spouts.  :o

:lmao

The Blue Moons version of Catcher!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10153 on: September 1, 2020, 01:39:34 pm »
This from 'KentBlue' (previously KentRedDevil) is hilarious:

'I think from now on any Blues attending games at Shrinefield will have to tread even more cautiously than in the past. There is now so much animosity towards us from their rabid, bestial followers that any meeting between the two sets of fans could kick off big time. And of course we'd be blamed.

The hostility that has been simmering beneath the surface for these last few years is something I've not experienced before from any sets of supporters. Yes, I've had run-ins with Celtic and Leeds fans, and of course the rags, but from the murmurings I'm hearing from some of my relatives up there the dippers are intending on taking Millwall's crown as the most violent supporters in the country - and they are preparing a 'welcome' to all City fans at the next meeting.

It could all be nothing and just sabre-rattling from the usual mouthy fuckers, but forewarned is forearmed and all that.

Just stay careful, Blues. '

:lmao :lmao

I'm actually sat here smiling at how ridiculous it's getting. Any fake hysteria and animosity they try to create to paint us in a bad light will be grasped upon. It's really delicious that they're resorting to being so, so low.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10154 on: September 1, 2020, 01:42:59 pm »
This from 'KentBlue' (previously KentRedDevil) is hilarious:

'I think from now on any Blues attending games at Shrinefield will have to tread even more cautiously than in the past. There is now so much animosity towards us from their rabid, bestial followers that any meeting between the two sets of fans could kick off big time. And of course we'd be blamed.

The hostility that has been simmering beneath the surface for these last few years is something I've not experienced before from any sets of supporters. Yes, I've had run-ins with Celtic and Leeds fans, and of course the rags, but from the murmurings I'm hearing from some of my relatives up there the dippers are intending on taking Millwall's crown as the most violent supporters in the country - and they are preparing a 'welcome' to all City fans at the next meeting.

It could all be nothing and just sabre-rattling from the usual mouthy fuckers, but forewarned is forearmed and all that.

Just stay careful, Blues. '

The irony of him saying we dislike them and then his post goes on to include the above bolded bits is about as hypocritical as you can get.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #10155 on: September 1, 2020, 01:46:02 pm »
You'd think having a niggling rivalry with the bigger club in their own city would be enough without constantly trying to manufacture one with us. It's just sad. Chelsea's new supporters were bad enough when they were at it.

Deeply odd club from top down right now.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10156 on: September 1, 2020, 01:46:31 pm »
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-thread-2020-21.347331/page-30#post-12957541

Some real gems in there. The new Millwall. :lmao

There's no chance on earth that I'm clicking on that link.  I went on that website once a while back. I read 5 posts and lost more IQ points than I did that time I accidentally watched 10 minutes of a TV program that had Noel Edmond's in it.

Christ knows what effect it must have if you register and actually post on it.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 07:31:24 pm by Kekule »

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #10157 on: September 1, 2020, 01:51:57 pm »
That's probably the internet generation for you. The minority loonies get their voices amplified and unfortunately start getting heard. Every club have their loonies that's for sure. Shame about this perceived animosity with City as I still like them as a club (minus the Arab influence). Of course any enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that when it comes to Utd.

The silent majority of City fans will hopefully continue having a word behind the scenes with the loudmouth 'children' about the number of CL finals they've reached so far.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10158 on: September 1, 2020, 01:56:57 pm »

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #10159 on: September 1, 2020, 01:57:07 pm »
This is why Claudio Ranieri is undoubtedly the greatest manager in football history

And a really nice bloke, which makes it even easier to stick up for him.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"