Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3289714 times)

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #43800 on: February 20, 2023, 08:42:40 pm »
I think he knows it's for sportswashing. What he's saying is that there's nothing in the rules about that . United won't need to cook the books . Only a very 'modest' investment, above board will have them competing again.  Getting ten hag and ditching Ronaldo is likely to see them top 4 and league cup winners and in with a shout with Europa. Not major honours. But steps in right direction with no extra spend.  Be interesting what city and Newcastle do if united become a juggernaut. Do they abandon their projects? Or just pump in more money?
if its the PSG model, or indeed the world cup, Qatar will pump in as much limitless money as they want. They will also set their narratives and storylines and will insist on buying the next Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. Thy will do whatever they want with the stadium etc. whatever is said, they double down and press on. The recipe already exists. Why would they care what Ten Hag wants?
Yep -  Check out how they manage and overrule at PSG.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #43801 on: February 20, 2023, 09:04:38 pm »
This is a country that sells everything, where sports washers are allowed in with open arms, where right wing c*nts rule the place. Some journalists report how terrible it all is. Nothing happens.
Agree. It’s hard not to think this way.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43802 on: February 21, 2023, 09:21:10 am »
Ill take it seriously when something is done about it.

and if everyone has that attitude, nobody will ever do anything.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43803 on: February 21, 2023, 09:43:53 am »
It's too late to stop them in the game everyone knows that. The battle against sports washing itself continues despite that, it's about informing those who actually want to know about the subject. I love the way so many dismiss that particular fight when it's even more important now. Nick Harris was writing about City when his wife was suffering from a brain tumour. Despite that, he continued to collect evidence and continued to inform people while being threatened, insulted by various arseholes. If you think people like him will stop reporting on various stories of this nature then you are one being naive.

Unfortunately the tiny minority who still retain journalistic integrity, are simply lone voices drowned out by the cacophony of those bought and paid for and pushed to the forefront of all our major news outlets and TV stations. As for the PL stuff. Once the Red Mancs get bought by sports washers, the Blue Mancs will get a token punishment. Money will be thrown to enough clubs to get the PL rules altered and the game will be consolidated as a farce.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43804 on: February 21, 2023, 01:39:27 pm »
I think the news yesterday about FSG staying will have pushed the Glazer's more in the direction not to sell. I'll look forward to their fanbase self combusting about not being sportswashed.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #43805 on: February 21, 2023, 01:55:55 pm »
Their STs are going up 5% for next season, is that a final money grab by the Glazers before they head off into the sunset? Or would the new owners get that money anyway?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #43806 on: February 21, 2023, 01:56:04 pm »
I think the news yesterday about FSG staying will have pushed the Glazer's more in the direction not to sell. I'll look forward to their fanbase self combusting about not being sportswashed.

The damage is done on Redcafe. Some decent posters held the moral ground but the majority, a lot of them seasoned, folded like a wet paper towel in a wind. Sportwashing became second nature to them within minutes. This after years of (correctly) calling out other clubs, and ironically the Qatar world cup, for the same thing.

Unfortunately I foresee RAWK posters (Liverpool fans in general) going the same way if the roles were reversed. :(
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #43807 on: February 21, 2023, 02:29:42 pm »
The damage is done on Redcafe. Some decent posters held the moral ground but the majority, a lot of them seasoned, folded like a wet paper towel in a wind. Sportwashing became second nature to them within minutes. This after years of (correctly) calling out other clubs, and ironically the Qatar world cup, for the same thing.

Unfortunately I foresee RAWK posters (Liverpool fans in general) going the same way if the roles were reversed. :(
Part of sportswashing approach is clearly pushing on through resistance and then using fans loyalty/passion and  multiple media channels to kill any opposition. Its a form of a mass manipulation.  So the MU fans are on par I guess.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43808 on: February 21, 2023, 02:42:17 pm »
"Unfortunately the tiny minority who still retain journalistic integrity, are simply lone voices drowned out by the cacophony of those bought and paid for and pushed to the forefront of all our major news outlets and TV stations."

That's the new reality across the board over the last few years. Interesting how the same tactics are used across sports, politics, health and everything else. He who pays the piper calls the tune eh. I don't give a fig about Man Utd and I don't care who buys them personally. I like the way we've done our business, paying our way, making connections with players and having a sense of family about the club. I would hate to be a part of the Chelsea or City set-up. The romantic in me would like to imagine there has to be something more than just money ? What about Glory and fame and something that lives on for decades after you've gone.

Don't want Liverpool to be a political plaything. Don't care about Utd. Long live Romance !!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43809 on: February 21, 2023, 02:44:15 pm »
Agree. It’s hard not to think this way.

I imagine its hard for you to walk out of the door every morning and not think the sky is falling again, in fairness ;D

In terms of a fanbase opposing it....I think you've got to strike at the right time. Abu Dhabi, Chelsea (before Abramovich), Saudi Arabia and now potentially Qatar. All of those clubs were at a pretty low, desperate ebb. I dare say its why Spurs have been talked about too. If FSG want a more pliable fanbase who'd be a lot more open to becoming a rich mans toy, just run the club into the ground for 3/4 years and bobs your uncle.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #43810 on: February 24, 2023, 01:18:53 pm »
They're looking good under the new man, bastards.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #43811 on: February 24, 2023, 01:59:20 pm »
They're really not. They look more solid under a good coach and can play good football now and then. However, they are riding a wave of momentum and good fortune at present. They are very much a fine margins team and it could turn sour for them quite quickly. Leeds, Leicester and Barcelona all missed multiple chances against them and the cheats were toying with them until that ridiculous offside goal.

For all the hype, I can actually see them being knocked out in the quarters or semis in the Europa by a team they're expected to beat, simply because everything doesn't fall their way like it has done for most of the season.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43812 on: February 24, 2023, 01:59:39 pm »
I imagine its hard for you to walk out of the door every morning and not think the sky is falling again, in fairness ;D

In terms of a fanbase opposing it....I think you've got to strike at the right time. Abu Dhabi, Chelsea (before Abramovich), Saudi Arabia and now potentially Qatar. All of those clubs were at a pretty low, desperate ebb. I dare say its why Spurs have been talked about too. If FSG want a more pliable fanbase who'd be a lot more open to becoming a rich mans toy, just run the club into the ground for 3/4 years and bobs your uncle.
United are in a more positive place rn on the field than they have been for years. Definitely not at a 'low ebb'
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #43813 on: February 24, 2023, 02:00:10 pm »
The pattern's been a good season (meaning they finish 2nd at best) followed by a bad one. Let's see
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43814 on: February 24, 2023, 02:01:03 pm »
Rashford is almost certainly out for Sunday. Newcastle's luck this season is incredible

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43815 on: February 24, 2023, 02:02:05 pm »
Rashford Pope is almost certainly out for Sunday. Newcastle'sUnited's luck this season is incredible
No clearly offside goals to be allowed then under the 'Rashford Rule.'

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43816 on: February 24, 2023, 02:03:10 pm »
No clearly offside goals to be allowed then under the 'Rashford Rule.'
Having to play a sub GK isn't as bad as your best attacker being out

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43817 on: February 24, 2023, 02:05:23 pm »
It really is, especially when it is the third choice keeper. Your lot can still manage a goal from somewhere, especially against a third choice keeper!

Perhaps one of Antony and Sancho, about Ł160m worth of strikers could score?

The Saudis are toothless enough, one goal for your team might win it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 02:07:04 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43818 on: February 24, 2023, 02:07:20 pm »
It really is, especially when it is the third choice keeper. Your lot can still manage a goal from somewhere, especially against a third choice keeper!

Perhaps one of Antony and Sancho, about Ł160m worth of strikers could score?
Yeah should still beat them really. They look like their form is about to drop

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43819 on: February 24, 2023, 02:08:15 pm »
Yeah. They just won a Europa playoff.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43820 on: February 24, 2023, 02:08:36 pm »
Yeah should still beat them really. They look like their form is about to drop
Either 1-0 or 0-0 and Extra time, then Karius saves the decisive penalty from Antony  :lickin

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43821 on: February 24, 2023, 02:10:00 pm »
Newcastle shouldn't be underestimated because form goes out of the window before a final. It will be a difficult game.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43822 on: February 24, 2023, 02:12:31 pm »
Newcastle shouldn't be underestimated because form goes out of the window before a final. It will be a difficult game.
They'll be stubborn enough, and if they score first, the Mancs will find it tough to get back into it.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43823 on: February 24, 2023, 02:13:24 pm »
They'll be stubborn enough, and if they score first, the Mancs will find it tough to get back into it.
I think if they score firs they will win, very hard to come back against that team. I don't think they will so just hoping they don't 0-0 it to penalties and win on those

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #43824 on: February 24, 2023, 02:49:46 pm »

Meh. They've gone through a few periods of looking like they've turned the corner over the past few years and they've ended up regressing back to being shit every time.

See how they get on next season when ourselves, City, Chelsea & Spurs could all improve.

For the past two months they've been carried by Rashford's purple patch. There'll come a time when he stops scoring every time he shoots & then they'll realise all they have left to rely on is Wout fucking Weghorst.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43825 on: February 24, 2023, 02:54:01 pm »

Having Marcus Rashford as your best attacker may also be a problem.*

*I accept he appears to have scored a few goals this season.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43826 on: February 24, 2023, 02:55:36 pm »
I think if they score firs they will win, very hard to come back against that team. I don't think they will so just hoping they don't 0-0 it to penalties and win on those

They’ve only lost once this season after scoring first. Against Liverpool (A)

They’ve only lost once this season after conceding first. Against Liverpool (H)

Unless we play on your behalf you’re screwed either way.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #43827 on: February 24, 2023, 02:56:48 pm »
Wish Lorius Karius all the luck in the World, would be quite the story if he helps them win that trophy on Sunday.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43828 on: February 24, 2023, 02:59:17 pm »
United are in a more positive place rn on the field than they have been for years. Definitely not at a 'low ebb'

The last MAJOR trophy you won (as nice as Europas, FA and EFL Cups are) was when Ryan Giggs was still playing football, and hadn't yet turned his hand to poetry

You're absolutely ripe for a sportswashing, its clear amongst your fanbase. You've tried young, up and coming coaches, you've tried 'proven' experienced coaches, you've tried 'the United way', you've lobbed billions at all sorts of players and you're no closer to winning a title or European Cup than you were under the Moyesiah. All thats left is 'Ahh fuck it, just get a Qatari Sheikh to come and buy us Mbappe and Neymar'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43829 on: February 24, 2023, 03:00:38 pm »
Imagine thinking Rashford is missing the final.  He'll be fine.  There isn't a game I've seen with Utd where he hasn't been curled up in a ball with his arm in the air only to be up on his feet and playing like nothing happened a minute later.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43830 on: February 24, 2023, 03:04:18 pm »
The last MAJOR trophy you won (as nice as Europas, FA and EFL Cups are) was when Ryan Giggs was still playing football, and hadn't yet turned his hand to poetry

You're absolutely ripe for a sportswashing, its clear amongst your fanbase. You've tried young, up and coming coaches, you've tried 'proven' experienced coaches, you've tried 'the United way', you've lobbed billions at all sorts of players and you're no closer to winning a title or European Cup than you were under the Moyesiah. All thats left is 'Ahh fuck it, just get a Qatari Sheikh to come and buy us Mbappe and Neymar'.
Nice as it is for you to believe your fanbase is whiter than white and ours are a bunch of crying children who just want the new shiny toy, we're both global clubs with enormous fanbases both of whom would survive any backlash against this shit from a minority of protestors. Liverpool would survive the protests against a sportswash takeover. So will United. The fanbases are too big to be pulling this we're great and you're terrible stuff. Those protestors are going to be ignored and swallowed up by the masses of fans who will be fine with it.

If we get bought by Qatar I'll probably stop following football though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43831 on: February 24, 2023, 03:10:58 pm »

They're really not. They're using the pace well, but they are still a bang average side with a striker who has suddenly hit a rich vein of form, that won't last.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43832 on: February 24, 2023, 03:12:57 pm »
Nice as it is for you to believe your fanbase is whiter than white and ours are a bunch of crying children who just want the new shiny toy, we're both global clubs with enormous fanbases both of whom would survive any backlash against this shit from a minority of protestors. Liverpool would survive the protests against a sportswash takeover. So will United. The fanbases are too big to be pulling this we're great and you're terrible stuff. Those protestors are going to be ignored and swallowed up by the masses of fans who will be fine with it.

Sadly probably true, though I still think we'd be harder to win over than you lot.
You were invading your own ground not that long ago begging for takeover while being cheered on by Che Neville, who's crying for Qatar every time he shows his rat face on the telly.
However if you haven't been sportswashed by the weekend then I'd still rather you lot won it than Saudicastle.
Off for a bath in bleach now...

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43833 on: February 24, 2023, 03:20:02 pm »
Sadly probably true, though I still think we'd be harder to win over than you lot.
You were invading your own ground not that long ago begging for takeover while being cheered on by Che Neville, who's crying for Qatar every time he shows his rat face on the telly.
However if you haven't been sportswashed by the weekend then I'd still rather you lot won it than Saudicastle.
Off for a bath in bleach now...
FWIW I think Liverpool would protest harder and in larger numbers than United. I just don't think it would do anything. Go have a look on social media and there are enormous masses of fans of both clubs who want this.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43834 on: February 24, 2023, 03:44:14 pm »

What are you even on about :D

Your club is riper for sportswashing than we are, for the reasons mentioned. As we most probably were when we had the cancers (ask that Henry Gale guy to post the photo, pretty sure he's got it saved). Thats all. Very noble that you'd stop following football, I'd be the same. But your fanbase is more open to selling your soul right now because...well you've done absolutely shit all for over a decade and you've tried so many different things since then and none of them have worked.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43835 on: February 24, 2023, 03:47:07 pm »
Imagine thinking Rashford is missing the final.  He'll be fine.  There isn't a game I've seen with Utd where he hasn't been curled up in a ball with his arm in the air only to be up on his feet and playing like nothing happened a minute later.

:D Spot on Tubbs.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43836 on: February 24, 2023, 03:48:11 pm »
What are you even on about :D

Your club is riper for sportswashing than we are, for the reasons mentioned. As we most probably were when we had the cancers (ask that Henry Gale guy to post the photo, pretty sure he's got it saved). Thats all. Very noble that you'd stop following football, I'd be the same. But your fanbase is more open to selling your soul right now because...well you've done absolutely shit all for over a decade and you've tried so many different things since then and none of them have worked.
OK mate. Liverpool fans would kick the sportswashers out. No doubt about it. Definitely wouldn't accept them buying Mbappe for 200m.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #43837 on: February 24, 2023, 03:49:54 pm »
OK mate. Liverpool fans would kick the sportswashers out. No doubt about it. Definitely wouldn't accept them buying Mbappe for 200m.

Would you ?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #43838 on: February 24, 2023, 03:51:50 pm »
Would you ?
I wouldn't be following any more. Every single achievement is tainted if these get in. No point following a tainted club

I have made peace with the fact that these may be my final months passionately following football so Sunday is a huge day for me :)

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #43839 on: February 24, 2023, 03:54:46 pm »
I wouldn't be following any more. Every single achievement is tainted if these get in. No point following a tainted club

I have made peace with the fact that these may be my final months passionately following football so Sunday is a huge day for me :)

Fair play to you.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp