Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3289616 times)

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #42400 on: January 1, 2023, 02:12:20 pm »
he was awful against Wolves, what did they pay for him again...  was it £80mill or in the region of?

It was £86m but if his name was Darwin Nunez that would be widely quoted as £100m for no reason whatsoever.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42401 on: January 1, 2023, 02:28:17 pm »
Yesterday heard a load of really shit pop songs, and now we've got TOTP on from 1989, with Quo singing this really awful song Burning Bridges. For the Quo song and almost every other song, the missus could sing a really shite Utd version.

Thank fuck our songsmiths have a lot more imagination than to just change the words (badly) to fucking awful songs ;D
« Last Edit: January 1, 2023, 02:31:03 pm by robbed1966kidsbikesoffsanta »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #42402 on: January 4, 2023, 11:25:55 am »
7 points ahead of us now in 4th spot  :butt :wanker :no :butt :wanker :no
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42403 on: January 4, 2023, 12:04:07 pm »
It was £86m but if his name was Darwin Nunez that would be widely quoted as £100m for no reason whatsoever.

Not if he was Darwin Nunez signing for Manchester United :)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42404 on: January 4, 2023, 04:37:21 pm »

Loads of football to be played between now and May :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #42405 on: January 4, 2023, 04:47:14 pm »
waa waa
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42406 on: January 4, 2023, 04:58:57 pm »
They're back again after beating Forest, Wolves and Bournemouth since the break.  Who saw those results coming?

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #42407 on: January 4, 2023, 05:00:56 pm »
They're back again after beating Forest, Wolves and Bournemouth since the break.  Who saw those results coming?

And Rashford is the best forward in the Prem again.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42408 on: January 4, 2023, 05:36:55 pm »
And Rashford is the best forward in the Prem again.

He's good but he's no Almiron. Only one of those players is having a purple patch.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42411 on: January 5, 2023, 07:45:04 pm »
The fifth reply on that tweet, hes at it again  :)

https://twitter.com/kingcrowney/status/1611070851889369089?t=cDsv_Ftkoz-gWHk9BaDwyA&s=19

Am I being wooshed? That’s him in an Ajax kit surely?!

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42412 on: January 5, 2023, 07:47:46 pm »
Am I being wooshed? That’s him in an Ajax kit surely?!

Yes I just meant hes doing the same thing. I thought the prick was being originally shite when he did it for the Mancs, didn't realise it's his signature dish.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42413 on: January 5, 2023, 08:17:01 pm »
Yes I just meant hes doing the same thing. I thought the prick was being originally shite when he did it for the Mancs, didn't realise it's his signature dish.

If at first you don’t succeed, spin and spin again.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #42414 on: January 6, 2023, 10:10:27 am »
If you can be bothered to scroll down, he attempts a rainbow flick....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42416 on: January 7, 2023, 07:11:43 am »
Unfortunately having a competent manager and all the £60m+ buys has led to them showing consistency.

Think our best bet for top 4 is Newcastle falling

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42417 on: January 7, 2023, 07:59:48 am »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #42418 on: January 7, 2023, 08:25:39 am »
Unfortunately having a competent manager and all the £60m+ buys has led to them showing consistency.

All the money they spend makes a difference but they don't look any different to when Ole was there but then he did finish 2nd 2 seasons ago. It was Ronaldo that fucked them up last year.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42419 on: January 7, 2023, 08:34:32 am »
Not starting with Fred and McTominay every week has improved them all over the pitch and the distraction that is Ronaldo has left.

Otherwise they're nothing special but we have our own problems to deal with.

Offline oldman

• Kopite
« Reply #42420 on: January 7, 2023, 08:40:52 am »
he was awful against Wolves, what did they pay for him again...  was it £80mill or in the region of?

He was shite last night - as was Casemiro

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #42421 on: January 7, 2023, 09:19:28 am »
He was shite last night - as was Casemiro

United can spend 80 million on players like Antony and Sancho and if they don't work out they just go out and spend 80 million again on someone else. Keita and Ox didn't work out for us and we're still suffering for it 5 years later. Not to mention that bag-of-shite Maguire.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42422 on: January 7, 2023, 09:23:30 am »
If you only read BBC and Sky, and didnt watch a full United game, you would believe Rashford is the greatest ever!

The amount of ass-licking is amazing

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42423 on: January 7, 2023, 09:30:53 am »
United can spend 80 million on players like Antony and Sancho and if they don't work out they just go out and spend 80 million again on someone else. Keita and Ox didn't work out for us and we're still suffering for it 5 years later. Not to mention that bag-of-shite Maguire.

We could do it too if we wanted to run up hundreds of millions in debt, train at a knackered old training ground and play in a neglected stadium that is falling down. Instead we have great facilities a great ground and have won everything there's is to win since they last won a trophy
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42424 on: January 7, 2023, 09:34:36 am »
Saw five minutes of the game last night and Lee Dixon was saying something along the lines of Ten Haag being tactically flexible by playing 5 at the back. Switched it off right away. ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42425 on: January 7, 2023, 09:36:53 am »
I like how the commentator mentioned how that the goal they conceded against Everton was the first one they conceded since November. Like it was some huge achievement. Like they'd been on some massive run of games without conceding a goal, when in reality it was only a run of about 4 games because of the WC, and they hadn't faced anyone difficult either. :D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42426 on: January 7, 2023, 09:43:23 am »
Saw five minutes of the game last night and Lee Dixon was saying something along the lines of Ten Haag being tactically flexible by playing 5 at the back. Switched it off right away. ;D

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower/status/1611453299416530945

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42427 on: January 7, 2023, 09:57:23 am »

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42428 on: January 7, 2023, 10:43:58 am »
The fifth reply on that tweet, hes at it again  :)

https://twitter.com/kingcrowney/status/1611070851889369089?t=cDsv_Ftkoz-gWHk9BaDwyA&s=19

Big fan of the way he blames his team mate for his silly little spin conceding possession.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #42429 on: January 7, 2023, 01:06:37 pm »
I like how the commentator mentioned how that the goal they conceded against Everton was the first one they conceded since November. Like it was some huge achievement. Like they'd been on some massive run of games without conceding a goal, when in reality it was only a run of about 4 games because of the WC, and they hadn't faced anyone difficult either. :D

It's like the opposite way of setting the narrative for idiots to when comms against Brentford said Darwin "hadn't scored since before the World Cup" like it was months rather than only 3 games.  :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42430 on: January 7, 2023, 01:07:39 pm »

They haven't been fantastic to be fair. One bad result could affect their momentum.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42431 on: January 7, 2023, 01:10:45 pm »

Which of the wins against top sides like Wolves, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, Bournemouth and Everton is it that's put the fear of God into you?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #42432 on: January 7, 2023, 01:21:18 pm »
;D God knows how Matterface & Dixon are their main commentary team

Matterface saying United hadn’t conceded since November was the most disingenuous thing I’ve heard in quite a while
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42433 on: January 7, 2023, 01:25:19 pm »
Matterface saying United hadn’t conceded since November was the most disingenuous thing I’ve heard in quite a while

I mentioned that earlier. ;D Like he was trying to make out they'd had a long run of games without conceding a goal.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #42434 on: January 7, 2023, 01:27:58 pm »
I mentioned that earlier. ;D Like he was trying to make out they'd had a long run of games without conceding a goal.

Twat

They literally conceded in their last game before world cup

I mean there’s spin and there’s idiocy
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42435 on: January 7, 2023, 01:29:58 pm »
A comm said similar about Nunez not scoring since early November. Utter twats 90% of them.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #42436 on: January 7, 2023, 01:32:15 pm »
Just checking to see if anyone heard Matterface last night claiming United hadn't conceded since November. Like it was some big achievement.

While I'm at it did anyone here the commentator in the Brentford game going on about Darwin not scoring since before the World Cup, it's only been about 4 games.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42437 on: January 7, 2023, 01:34:14 pm »
Just checking to see if anyone heard Matterface last night claiming United hadn't conceded since November. Like it was some big achievement.

While I'm at it did anyone here the commentator in the Brentford game going on about Darwin not scoring since before the World Cup, it's only been about 4 games.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #42438 on: January 7, 2023, 01:36:05 pm »

:D :D

It's ok, I know processing new information is difficult for some.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42439 on: January 7, 2023, 01:39:44 pm »
We could do it too if we wanted to run up hundreds of millions in debt, train at a knackered old training ground and play in a neglected stadium that is falling down. Instead we have great facilities a great ground and have won everything there's is to win since they last won a trophy

Our owners could have put their hands in their pockets for more of the money for the training ground and stadium upgrades though, rather than putting that onto the club, it would have freed up more transfer funds for Klopp and ensured that we didn't get into the position of our midfield being broken and needing to be entirely rebuilt.