Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3292393 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #42120 on: November 30, 2022, 04:41:11 pm »
I'd tentatively suggest that if you are interested in sportswashing then they're the golden goose.
They have a far higher media profile. And a far less principled fanbase.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42121 on: November 30, 2022, 05:05:39 pm »
I'd tentatively suggest that if you are interested in sportswashing then they're the golden goose.
They have a far higher media profile. And a far less principled fanbase.

M.U.S.T. are a gobby bunch, they'll have plenty of members who don't want to be state owned and as an entirity, if they don't win everything in 5 minutes, they wreck the ground
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #42122 on: November 30, 2022, 05:59:51 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo has received a formal proposal from the Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr that would pay him almost €200m (£173m) a season on a contract to 2025.

The 37-year-old is a free agent after leaving Manchester United and a big part of the proposed money is being put up by sponsors so it is unclear whether issues relating to image rights could be a stumbling block if Ronaldo chooses to pursue the move.
Jeezo. How much can the image rights possibly be, like?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42123 on: November 30, 2022, 06:01:14 pm »
Not anymore they aren't. The massive advantage they held over all other sides in generating income as been eroded by ourselves and City (the latter with a pinch of salt), and they aren't generating cash like they used to because of that.

Their lack of success has eroded their income.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42124 on: November 30, 2022, 07:09:04 pm »
Isnt that a lot to do with our relative on the field successes? Their commercial revenue isn't far off and you throw in some on field success, they should surpass us shouldn't they?

I mean it might make it more equal if we both do similar on the pitch going forward, but they certainly wouldn't go too far beyond us (if at all).

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42125 on: November 30, 2022, 09:45:00 pm »

Cristiano Ronaldo has received a formal proposal from the Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr that would pay him almost €200m (£173m) a season on a contract to 2025.

The 37-year-old is a free agent after leaving Manchester United and a big part of the proposed money is being put up by sponsors so it is unclear whether issues relating to image rights could be a stumbling block if Ronaldo chooses to pursue the move.

Jeezo. How much can the image rights possibly be, like?

Obviously Saudi FFP stands for Fuck Football Permanently.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42126 on: December 1, 2022, 04:13:50 am »
All very valid points, although I'd dispute their wages are out of control. And they've just freed up about £500k a week or something daft by getting rid of Ronaldo.

From what I've read on swiss ramble in the past, they are second to none at generating cash.

They throw around £300k a week as a starting offer to far too many of their players regardless of whether or not anyone else is offering anything similar or would offer anything near that if that player's contract run down. You suggest them losing that £500k a week from getting rid of Ronaldo while overlooking the fact that they offered him it in the first place, basically doing so just because of rumours in the papers that Abu Dhabi FC were interested in him.

They do indeed still make loads of money, but ours are now very similar and we do not have the same level of spending requirements from a new owner as them, basically just fixing our midfield vs their squad needs plus extensive infrastructure spending needs too. while also having a higher pricetag than ours as well.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #42127 on: December 1, 2022, 11:52:46 am »
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42128 on: December 1, 2022, 01:47:53 pm »
Harry Maguire getting destroyed in Ghanaian parliament

https://twitter.com/StevenRailston/status/1598278330742353920?cxt=HHwWgMDRwY_rnK4sAAAA

Better pundit than Rio Ferdinand for sure
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #42130 on: December 1, 2022, 04:22:08 pm »
Harry Maguire getting destroyed in Ghanaian parliament

https://twitter.com/StevenRailston/status/1598278330742353920?cxt=HHwWgMDRwY_rnK4sAAAA
:lmao

This is pure gold! How on Earth did you find it?! I love when such humorous parallels are drawn to highlight a painful issue.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42131 on: December 1, 2022, 07:27:01 pm »
:lmao

This is pure gold! How on Earth did you find it?! I love when such humorous parallels are drawn to highlight a painful issue.
;D I really have no clue, I was actually looking NBA trends and i scrolled down, saw Maguire name in the tweet and stopped ;D

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42133 on: December 2, 2022, 06:22:22 am »
This is too funny, and then another MP fired back it’s better to stick with Maguire than to bring back lukaku !

They know a lot more about football than our boring useless MPs.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42134 on: December 2, 2022, 07:23:02 am »
Ghana the only African country that's has a legit functioning Democracy, strong freedom of press and peaceful transitional transfers of power after elections.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42135 on: December 2, 2022, 07:41:21 am »
This is too funny, and then another MP fired back it’s better to stick with Maguire than to bring back lukaku !

They know a lot more about football than our boring useless MPs.
'in this country we have an economic maguire" ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #42137 on: December 3, 2022, 10:02:02 pm »
Green and Gold, do what we tell you.

More than 50 Manchester United supporters groups have listed their demands of potential buyers of the club - including a commitment to not joining the European Super League and continued development of the women's team.

The Glazer family, who bought United in 2005, revealed in November they were exploring "strategic alternatives" for the club - one of which was selling it.

In an open letter, fan groups said they want any new owner to "nurture and invest" in the club, and recognise it as "more than just a commercial asset".

The demands of any potential bidders include:

A commitment to clearing the club's existing debt and funding future capital expenditure through new share issues

Investment in the men's, women's and youth teams as well as investment into the club's infrastructure to modernise Old Trafford and the training ground

Shared ownership with the fans as partners, plus fan representation on the main company board

The words 'Football Club' being restored to the club's badge on the shirt (  :lmao you're a PLC on the stock exchange not an "FC" )

Continued development, support and promotion of the women's team

Commitment to never again seeking to enter a competition like the European Super League without the definitive consent of fans

Maintaining the affordability of match tickets for fans

The open letter has been co-signed by official United supporters groups such as the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) and the MUFC Women's Supporters Club, as well as branches around the UK and abroad.

It said it would be "helpful" for potential bidders to "understand what supporters want from any new owner, in order to secure the support of the fans".

BBC Sport understands if the Glazers sell - which is not certain - a deal is likely to be done by the spring.

The Glazers purchased United in a controversial £790m leveraged buyout in May 2005.

The club has since spent more than £1bn on interest and loan payments, plus share dividends - the majority of which have gone to the American family.

Widespread supporter protests accompanied the sale and have returned in recent seasons, particularly since the failed attempt to launch the European Super League.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42138 on: December 3, 2022, 10:12:46 pm »
<snip>

Oh please they'd be happy to be bought by some of the worst people on earth as long as they bought players they wanted.

What a crock of shit.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #42139 on: December 4, 2022, 11:15:10 pm »
Is Sancho leaving? Being punished?

Why wouldn’t he be joining up with their training camp? Instead he is not linking up with them and focusing on a solo programme.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #42140 on: December 5, 2022, 06:42:19 am »

Why wouldn’t he be joining up with their training camp? Instead he is not linking up with them and focusing on a solo programme.
Recovering from injury?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42141 on: December 5, 2022, 09:15:14 am »

Yeah very weird, I know he's been awful for them but still a bit odd, was an unused sub in a few games before the break then was apparently ill and missed a few more now he's apparently better off being coached by non Man Utd coaches away from his teammates. Strange one!

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #42142 on: December 9, 2022, 02:50:53 pm »
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42144 on: December 11, 2022, 12:51:44 am »
So Cody Gakpo is to be their latest "saviour"?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42145 on: December 11, 2022, 11:38:20 am »
Ronaldo is such an egotist. After they lost, he ignored his teammates, his manager, his fans and his opponents.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42146 on: December 11, 2022, 11:41:54 am »
Ronaldo is such an egotist. After they lost, he ignored his teammates, his manager, his fans and his opponents.

He doesn't play for Utd anymore, unfortunately.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42147 on: December 11, 2022, 12:11:10 pm »
I hope they go ahead and pay 120M for him, it will be their Memphis Depay story again. I can see Ten Hag doing it as he seems to fancy anything from Eredivisie.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42148 on: December 11, 2022, 12:41:45 pm »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #42149 on: December 11, 2022, 01:15:47 pm »
Classic narcissists reaction to failure or rejection - discard everyone.

To not walk over to the travelling fans to acknowledge them is just pure ignorance and selfishness. Even if you feel on the verge of tears - let the fans see it, let them know you care, and that you're disappointed and sorry you lost. Shake the hands of the opposition players, and even the manager.

The fans traveled all that way and spent all that money, and he just walks off down the tunnel. He is cementing his legacy as a petulant twat more and more each day.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42150 on: December 11, 2022, 03:01:55 pm »
Classic narcissists reaction to failure or rejection - discard everyone.

To not walk over to the travelling fans to acknowledge them is just pure ignorance and selfishness. Even if you feel on the verge of tears - let the fans see it, let them know you care, and that you're disappointed and sorry you lost. Shake the hands of the opposition players, and even the manager.

The fans traveled all that way and spent all that money, and he just walks off down the tunnel. He is cementing his legacy as a petulant twat more and more each day.
It's incredible that he's been indulged for as long as he has been. It's also a pity that such supreme talent was wasted on such a dreadful person. It's always been about him and only him. He cares for no one but himself, and now he's in the twilight of his career he doesn't even try to hide it. Petulance, arrogance, spitefulness, bitterness. It's all there, oozing out of him.

His planet sized ego guaranteed that he could never bow out with dignity and grace. All that talent. All that success. Yet he's come through the experience still an immature boy rather than a man. In many ways it's rather sad.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42151 on: December 11, 2022, 03:17:36 pm »
I hope they go ahead and pay 120M for him, it will be their Memphis Depay story again. I can see Ten Hag doing it as he seems to fancy anything from Eredivisie.

Yeah, they’re welcome to him. Lot of hype but I’m not seeing it myself

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #42152 on: December 11, 2022, 10:32:35 pm »
I don't see it with Gakpo personally. Now if they broke the bank for Osimhen in the summer I'd be happy.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42153 on: December 11, 2022, 10:46:14 pm »
Spending a fortune on Gakpo while Sancho is training away from the team (despite being fit) would be such a Man Utd thing to do. I know I have criticized Sancho's price tag and obscene wages before, but I am genuinely surprised how they've given up on him ...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #42154 on: December 12, 2022, 02:06:41 am »
Spending a fortune on Gakpo while Sancho is training away from the team (despite being fit) would be such a Man Utd thing to do. I know I have criticized Sancho's price tag and obscene wages before, but I am genuinely surprised how they've given up on him ...
Comes to show you that wages are not the only factor in making a good career choice. I don't feel bad for Sancho, he could have done much better in other teams, including us (not that it would have happened).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #42155 on: December 12, 2022, 06:27:32 am »
Comes to show you that wages are not the only factor in making a good career choice. I don't feel bad for Sancho, he could have done much better in other teams, including us (not that it would have happened).
He chose with his bank account, despite all the signs that United a poisoned chalice. If he wants to play he can request to leave and lower his wages. I'll save my pity for people who aren't earning almost 400k a week for running a round a bit.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42156 on: December 12, 2022, 08:59:01 am »
Swiss Rambles latest work on these lot. Biggest ever transfer debt apparently.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1602215892439687168?t=HEkIeyzuWjhb7wgTSdsNBQ&s=19

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42157 on: December 12, 2022, 09:17:15 am »
To play where for them? Upfront? ;D

Would be great.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #42158 on: December 12, 2022, 11:00:08 am »
Swiss Rambles latest work on these lot. Biggest ever transfer debt apparently.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1602215892439687168?t=HEkIeyzuWjhb7wgTSdsNBQ&s=19
Wow - that's a hell of a lot of money, especially this bit:

Swiss Ramble
@SwissRamble
2h
Manchester United interest payment increased from £8m to £10m in Q1. #MUFC have paid a staggering three-quarters of a billion pounds in interest since the Glazers’ leveraged buy-out in 2005, almost as much as the rest of the PL combined.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #42159 on: December 12, 2022, 05:33:41 pm »
The interest payment stuff is a bit of a red herring in that they've spent £1.7bn on players in just the last 10 years. There's only so much money you can spend on players and if that interest wasn't being paid I'd guess the majority of it would have just gone to the Glazers anyway.

The bigger thing being highlighted is the continued deterioration of their financial advantage vis-a-vis LFC. They're not even generating positive cash flow anymore if I'm reading this right and their bank balance is way, way down. If they miss out on CL this year, which is highly likely, then they'll take a further commercial hit. Kind of like Everton at some point the bill does come due and I could definitely see a lack of financing being a reason they have to pull back.

There's also an article in the Athletic where they're having to sell now because the majority of the Glazer kids want out but if the two main ones can buy them out by adding on more debt then they would be open to that. Hah!