Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3289719 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #42000 on: November 24, 2022, 04:32:43 pm »
Most definitely. Che Neville too.

The vast majority of them have been praying by their beds at night for a despotic pariah state to buy them and buy them the trophies they can no longer compete for.

Red devils selling their soul to the devil? Well, that wouldn't be their first time.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42001 on: November 24, 2022, 04:57:19 pm »
I don't like that we now seem to be in some sort of bloody race for an owner. The whole thing is crazy. It's almost tailor made for the oil money shills to start flooding message boards.

If City, Newcastle, United and Liverpool all end up owned by blood money, then what's the effing point?  Even Chelsea will struggle against a line up like that, and Arsenal and Spurs will be screwed.

Urgh. Maybe this was actually the plan all along?  The sportswashers never really wanted clubs like City or the Toon, but rather the big hitters? They were just waiting for the situation to become, I dunno, "normalised"?  Spending billions on an actual established, successful and historical club is the ultimate dick measuring contest. Maybe if they get their grubby mitts on our clubs, they'll jettison the others?

I've no idea what's really going on, but that angle is definitely a possibility.

Sportswashing is abhorrent, but coming in through the back door via wilderness clubs like the old Man City, Newcastle and, to a lesser extent Chelsea, meant there was no immediate boat rocking. Sportswashing could be normalised over time and with the help of hundreds of thousands of useful idiots recruited as propaganda mouthpieces in the shape of the desperate fanbases of those ex clubs.

They paid relative peanuts for those old clubs, but it served them well when it came to getting their feet under the table here. Now that the Premier League and UEFA have laid the red carpet out for the sportswashers and given them free rein, maybe they see it as a good time to go for the two jewels in the crown?

Basically, it could be said that the footballing public here and the authorities have been groomed by the sportswashers, just like narcos groom users by giving them freebies initially in order to get them hooked. Once hooked...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42002 on: November 24, 2022, 05:00:15 pm »
Red devils selling their soul to the devil? Well, that wouldn't be their first time.
True.

They sold their souls long ago. Even taking 'Football Club' off their crest for branding purposes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42003 on: November 24, 2022, 05:00:25 pm »
I've no idea what's really going on, but that angle is definitely a possibility.

Sportswashing is abhorrent, but coming in through the back door via wilderness clubs like the old Man City, Newcastle and, to a lesser extent Chelsea, meant there was no immediate boat rocking. Sportswashing could be normalised over time and with the help of hundreds of thousands of useful idiots recruited as propaganda mouthpieces in the shape of the desperate fanbases of those ex clubs.

They paid relative peanuts for those old clubs, but it served them well when it came to getting their feet under the table here. Now that the Premier League and UEFA have laid the red carpet out for the sportswashers and given them free rein, maybe they see it as a good time to go for the two jewels in the crown?

Basically, it could be said that the footballing public here and the authorities have been groomed by the sportswashers, just like narcos groom users by giving them freebies initially in order to get them hooked. Once hooked...

And there was me, expecting to be told I was overreacting.  :lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42004 on: November 24, 2022, 05:02:36 pm »
Mate, given the current state of the world and football, nothing is off the table for me.

We have a World Cup where a nation is terrified of a rainbow.  :odd

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42005 on: November 24, 2022, 05:42:08 pm »

Its a decent shout mate. They saw they way we reacted over H&G, they saw the protests over the Glazers and then saw the rise of City. Now they have two clubs, with global fanbases, where they think they will be welcomed with open arms. Sadly, millions of our worldwide fan base would welcome the Saudis as saviours, while the locals and non locals who won't accept it will be driven away from the club. The Mancs will just touch their toes....
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42006 on: November 24, 2022, 06:00:14 pm »

You wont be amazed how much of London and other cities is awash with Gulf money.  The two biggest football clubs being taken over, wouldn't be a major shock!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42007 on: November 24, 2022, 06:02:29 pm »
Its a decent shout mate. They saw they way we reacted over H&G, they saw the protests over the Glazers and then saw the rise of City. Now they have two clubs, with global fanbases, where they think they will be welcomed with open arms. Sadly, millions of our worldwide fan base would welcome the Saudis as saviours, while the locals and non locals who won't accept it will be driven away from the club. The Mancs will just touch their toes....

Indeed mate. The more I roll it around in my head the more sense it makes.

People say sportswashers prefer small clubs with desperate fan bases that they can pick up on the cheap. But these guys DO have billions. Just because we've never seen them spend that kind of money on a club doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

And you won't get a more desperate fan base than Man Utd's right now. They've seen us win the title, and have had to bend over for local rivals City because rather them than us. By this point they must be terrified of becoming a footballing irrelevance.

As will a section of our fanbase, to an extent. I mentioned this when the news of our club being put up for sale first broke. Back under G&H, we had nothing to lose. Now we do. People don't want to see the club drift back into the wilderness, where it might not come back from next time. People confuse success with the club's very existence. The old adage "LFC exists to win trophies" has been twisted into something very different from what was intended.

Still, if one or both of United and LFC gets bought up by sportswashers and I will laugh in bitter humour if City is immediately put up for sale afterwards.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42008 on: November 24, 2022, 06:23:12 pm »
True.

They sold their souls long ago. Even taking 'Football Club' off their crest for branding purposes.

Indeed. That's why i get a bit annoyed when people say "two proper football clubs, Liverpool and Manutd". They are not a proper football club in my books.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42009 on: November 24, 2022, 06:27:13 pm »
Mate, given the current state of the world and football, nothing is off the table for me.

We have a World Cup where a nation is terrified of a rainbow.  :odd

To be fair, Bungle used to give me nightmares as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #42010 on: November 24, 2022, 06:29:06 pm »

Welcome to the Bungle...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42011 on: November 24, 2022, 06:38:21 pm »
Indeed mate. The more I roll it around in my head the more sense it makes.

People say sportswashers prefer small clubs with desperate fan bases that they can pick up on the cheap. But these guys DO have billions. Just because we've never seen them spend that kind of money on a club doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

And you won't get a more desperate fan base than Man Utd's right now. They've seen us win the title, and have had to bend over for local rivals City because rather them than us. By this point they must be terrified of becoming a footballing irrelevance.

As will a section of our fanbase, to an extent. I mentioned this when the news of our club being put up for sale first broke. Back under G&H, we had nothing to lose. Now we do. People don't want to see the club drift back into the wilderness, where it might not come back from next time. People confuse success with the club's very existence. The old adage "LFC exists to win trophies" has been twisted into something very different from what was intended.

Still, if one or both of United and LFC gets bought up by sportswashers and I will laugh in bitter humour if City is immediately put up for sale afterwards.

I think that was definitely true, but rather than the end game it could have just been the beginning. They have the time and the money to play the long game.

It could be that the waters were tested with the also-ran clubs and they saw that opposition was minimal and easily quashed, and over time the sportswashing not only became normalised but also widely welcomed.

They've watched while fans of most clubs have cut football's throat by cheering on the sportswash vehicles against the traditionally run clubs. They've probably sat back pissing themselves at how all the useful idiots have become propaganda mouthpieces for them and excused their ruination of the game.

Maybe acquiring the City's and Newcastle's was more about getting a foot in the door. Now, they've not only got a foot in the door, but they've been welcomed in, offered refreshments and have their feet firmly under the table. Maybe now it's time to make a move on your wife/husband, leaving you wondering why the hell you let them in in the first place.

City and Newcastle may have just been tea and biscuits. Maybe now they want the full cake.

It could be said that big swathes of the big clubs' fanbases have also been softened up to sportswashing over recent years by feeling their clubs have been left behind or soon will be. We all know the Mancs are begging for it, but I've also seen too many of ours also hoping for a despot to roll up Anfield Road.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 06:42:31 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42012 on: November 24, 2022, 06:39:10 pm »
It was always Zippy that did my head in.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42013 on: November 24, 2022, 06:43:09 pm »

He was a proper dick.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42014 on: November 24, 2022, 06:45:44 pm »
It was always Zippy that did my head in.

Zippy was a prick but you sensed he knew he was. Bungle I as just a self absorbed, grumpy, fussy big bastard. Absolute mood hoover.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42015 on: November 24, 2022, 06:50:17 pm »
Zippy was a prick but you sensed he knew he was. Bungle I as just a self absorbed, grumpy, fussy big bastard. Absolute mood hoover.

Zippy sounds like a Manc, that's enough for him to be condemned.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42016 on: November 24, 2022, 06:50:48 pm »
Good observation there.

What about George? He was really amiable, but I thought there was more to him than met the eye. He probably went to S&M clubs with Sweep off the Sooty show.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42017 on: November 24, 2022, 06:51:59 pm »
Zippy sounds like a Manc, that's enough for him to be condemned.  :D
I also had Zippy down as a mouthy Manc, but Nick reckons he had some self-awareness, so that rules him out of being a Manc.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42018 on: November 24, 2022, 06:52:06 pm »
Good observation there.

What about George? He was really amiable, but I thought there was more to him than met the eye. He probably went to S&M clubs with Sweep off the Sooty show.

Leave off George, I can't believe anyone would make insinuations about him. :(

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42019 on: November 24, 2022, 06:52:49 pm »
I also had Zippy down as a mouthy Manc, but Nick reckons he had some self-awareness, so that rules him out of being a Manc.

I would have to disagree about the self-awareness.  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42020 on: November 24, 2022, 07:01:04 pm »
He's a dark horse, is George.  ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42021 on: November 24, 2022, 07:01:36 pm »
He's a dark horse, is George.  ;)

Nah, he's a hippo, honest.  ;)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42022 on: November 24, 2022, 07:06:55 pm »
I don't like that we now seem to be in some sort of bloody race for an owner. The whole thing is crazy. It's almost tailor made for the oil money shills to start flooding message boards.

If City, Newcastle, United and Liverpool all end up owned by blood money, then what's the effing point?  Even Chelsea will struggle against a line up like that, and Arsenal and Spurs will be screwed.

Urgh. Maybe this was actually the plan all along?  The sportswashers never really wanted clubs like City or the Toon, but rather the big hitters? They were just waiting for the situation to become, I dunno, "normalised"?  Spending billions on an actual established, successful and historical club is the ultimate dick measuring contest. Maybe if they get their grubby mitts on our clubs, they'll jettison the others?

I don't think this idea really holds water, you'd think that if this was the plan then the Saudis would have held back and let somebody else pick up Newcastle while they waited for one of the big clubs to become available.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42023 on: November 24, 2022, 07:16:04 pm »
I think that was definitely true, but rather than the end game it could have just been the beginning. They have the time and the money to play the long game.

It could be that the waters were tested with the also-ran clubs and they saw that opposition was minimal and easily quashed, and over time the sportswashing not only became normalised but also widely welcomed.

They've watched while fans of most clubs have cut football's throat by cheering on the sportswash vehicles against the traditionally run clubs. They've probably sat back pissing themselves at how all the useful idiots have become propaganda mouthpieces for them and excused their ruination of the game.

Maybe acquiring the City's and Newcastle's was more about getting a foot in the door. Now, they've not only got a foot in the door, but they've been welcomed in, offered refreshments and have their feet firmly under the table. Maybe now it's time to make a move on your wife/husband, leaving you wondering why the hell you let them in in the first place.

City and Newcastle may have just been tea and biscuits. Maybe now they want the full cake.

It could be said that big swathes of the big clubs' fanbases have also been softened up to sportswashing over recent years by feeling their clubs have been left behind or soon will be. We all know the Mancs are begging for it, but I've also seen too many of ours also hoping for a despot to roll up Anfield Road.

I think you could well be onto something there. :(

I don't think this idea really holds water, you'd think that if this was the plan then the Saudis would have held back and let somebody else pick up Newcastle while they waited for one of the big clubs to become available.

Well there's that report where the Saudis have said they're interested in backing private companies to buy both United and Liverpool, so it seems perfectly feasible at this juncture to "own" three clubs, and rules of the game be damned.

Or, they might immediately put Newcastle up for sale if they get one or both of United and Liverpool, which would be darkly hilarious. Maybe they'll sell back to Mike Ashley for a quid.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42024 on: November 24, 2022, 07:20:41 pm »

George was sound, agree with the comments about Zippy, definitely a Manc.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42025 on: November 24, 2022, 07:23:05 pm »
George was sound, agree with the comments about Zippy, definitely a Manc.

Sounds like Gary Neville.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42026 on: November 24, 2022, 07:25:21 pm »
I think you could well be onto something there. :(

Well there's that report where the Saudis have said they're interested in backing private companies to buy both United and Liverpool, so it seems perfectly feasible at this juncture to "own" three clubs, and rules of the game be damned.

Or, they might immediately put Newcastle up for sale if they get one or both of United and Liverpool, which would be darkly hilarious. Maybe they'll sell back to Mike Ashley for a quid.

Imagine it. Saudi would own three clubs whilst denying owning any.

Also imagine if they put Saudicastle up for sale after buying the two big ones. The Geordies attitude to sportswashing would change overnight. Maybe Gazza will put in a bid to rescue them.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42027 on: November 24, 2022, 07:43:02 pm »

Also imagine if they put Saudicastle up for sale after buying the two big ones. The Geordies attitude to sportswashing would change overnight. Maybe Gazza will put in a bid to rescue them.
Maybe Saudi and Abu Dhabi buy us and united and sell newcastle and city. Both sets of fans would instantly be totally against state-ownership.
I’m joking of course, but it’s no laughing matter, I’ve said for a while that these despots will not stop until they own and control the game.
It really is game over.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #42028 on: November 24, 2022, 07:45:38 pm »
or - can it be United are seen to have bigger upside since the starting point is a bit of a mess. A lot can depend on what selling price can be achieved for each club. Lot of space/scope for improvement with them. Might be hard to improve us from where we are?

So starting positions = United worth £2bn (or 50%) more. Similar commercial + sporting revenues these days. United needing huge investment all over the shop, and no guarantees that they will improve in a sporting sense? That’s some leap to say all of that will ever be a better investment.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42029 on: November 24, 2022, 07:49:45 pm »

Maybe Saudi and Abu Dhabi buy us and united and sell newcastle and city. Both sets of fans would instantly be totally against state-ownership.
I’m joking of course, but it’s no laughing matter, I’ve said for a while that these despots will not stop until they own and control the game.
It really is game over.

Well it's already been said that the easiest way to turn fans and the media against sportswashers in this country was if Liverpool was bought by one. Maybe that theory is about to be tested?

The fun thing is if Abu Dhabi sell up, City collapse immediately. They can't survive without their phony "sponsorship" deals that somehow make them more money than Real Madrid. If you would ever need a more stark example of how their position in the game is artificially inflated, see what happens if their owners walk away.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42030 on: November 24, 2022, 07:53:07 pm »
So starting positions = United worth £2bn (or 50%) more. Similar commercial + sporting revenues these days. United needing huge investment all over the shop, and no guarantees that they will improve in a sporting sense? That’s some leap to say all of that will ever be a better investment.

Aye. United need a billion quid infrastructure overhaul. Liverpool is at least cost effective, living within its means, have a good sized ground and state of the art training facilities all bought and paid for.

That said, it's still United.

Popcorn's Art

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #42031 on: November 24, 2022, 08:03:12 pm »
Yeah I hope you are right. But might be a scenario if someone can get United for similar/close price to us - they are for sure coming from further back, supposedly have bigger fanbase, potential etc. that, I suppose might equate to growth potential. Not sure how you grow Liverpool from here without investment. Depends on the ultimate value of each club.
anyway fair enough - probably I’m talking bollocks and I don’t give a shite how successful Utd are anyway.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42032 on: November 24, 2022, 08:30:39 pm »
Yeah I hope you are right. But might be a scenario if someone can get United for similar/close price to us - they are for sure coming from further back, supposedly have bigger fanbase, potential etc. that, I suppose might equate to growth potential. Not sure how you grow Liverpool from here without investment. Depends on the ultimate value of each club.
anyway fair enough - probably I’m talking bollocks and I don’t give a shite how successful Utd are anyway.

Nothing wrong in speculating. I think on paper the two clubs are worth around the same, once you consider factors such as how much work needs to be done on and off the pitch.

Liverpool still has a reasonable core of players, excellent youth prospects starting to make their mark, and can afford to spend big every now and again. We don't need that much in terms of investment to get us back on track. United are a shambles at all levels.

But if you're dealing with a sportswasher who has deep pockets, and extra £2bn over five years doesn't amount to much, and you just ingratiate yourself with the fan base by fixing all the problems. It's a toss up, really.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #42033 on: November 24, 2022, 08:43:50 pm »
What states are left that might realistically be interested? Are there any that would be considered 'OK'?
I'm guessing there must be a few more hugely oil rich ones, and I've no idea what their regimes are like.
China might be interested, but they have plenty of skeletons in and out. (Though we are already happy to buy heaps of stuff made there).
Presumably if India were interested that would be a LOT of money.
Is 5 the max that could happen (ie 5 CL spots)

France have the biggest according to this list

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_wealth_fund
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42034 on: November 24, 2022, 09:33:08 pm »
We are more attractive IMO because:
I. Our facilities are sorted. The new owners won't need to invest much in them.

II. We are in a better competitive position which always helps (recent success, world class players and manager).

III Investing in our squad is more likely to improve results considering how good Klopp is in the market. They have spent loads  with the Glazers as their owners yet they've gone 2,000 days without a trophy.

We are more of a plug-and-play investment with less work and investment required. That said, I don't see the business logic in owning a football club because you have to run it at a loss to consistently compete. The lower our club goes for, the better for us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42035 on: November 25, 2022, 12:20:59 am »
According to the Manchester Evening News, Apple and also the owner of Zara are interested in buying Man United.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42036 on: November 25, 2022, 12:26:10 am »
We are more attractive IMO because:
I. Our facilities are sorted. The new owners won't need to invest much in them.

II. We are in a better competitive position which always helps (recent success, world class players and manager).

III Investing in our squad is more likely to improve results considering how good Klopp is in the market. They have spent loads  with the Glazers as their owners yet they've gone 2,000 days without a trophy.

We are more of a plug-and-play investment with less work and investment required. That said, I don't see the business logic in owning a football club because you have to run it at a loss to consistently compete. The lower our club goes for, the better for us.

The thing is, even with our success we only just surpassed them in revenue. Thats whilst they have won fuck all these past decade. Get even a bit of success and surely they go past us quite easily?

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42037 on: November 25, 2022, 12:39:43 am »
The thing is, even with our success we only just surpassed them in revenue. Thats whilst they have won fuck all these past decade. Get even a bit of success and surely they go past us quite easily?

The biggest difference for any buyer, is the fanbase....and our's is the fucking best that exists. When we really do need to, we gravitate together and fall back on our principles....no owner wants to deal with that. United are passive and roll over and get their belly tickled so long as money is thrown at them.

Forget the valuations, forget the assets and revenues which are all quite similar..... look at the tangible difference of needed 'buy in' from the fans....and it's an ocean of difference.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #42038 on: November 25, 2022, 12:46:35 am »
I have to believe that the collapse of the proposed European Super League has probably played a role in both clubs owners selling up

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42039 on: November 25, 2022, 12:49:42 am »
According to the Manchester Evening News, Apple and also the owner of Zara are interested in buying Man United.
Apple have no interest in buying them ffs. Heard about this earlier and thought it was bollocks. The source is the star for Christ sake..

No idea about the ancient Zara owner but the Saudi thing looks more likely.