Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3291229 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37760 on: July 13, 2022, 07:35:58 pm »
PL and media want an excited, engaged and hopeful United fan base. Ideally having us and them in some kind of race is their ideal scenario.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37761 on: July 13, 2022, 07:45:34 pm »
Obviously I would prefer if we had won. A win is a win so credit to United for turning a corner. Again.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37762 on: July 13, 2022, 08:16:50 pm »
I literally LOL'd when I saw the score because I knew it meant nothing to us but I also knew their lot would be going nuts declaring themselves contenders  ;D ;D ;D

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37763 on: July 13, 2022, 08:26:26 pm »
When is the parade?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37764 on: July 13, 2022, 08:32:47 pm »
When is the parade?

when they are done wiping down and sanitizing their computer screens and keyboards.

lotion can be messy.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37765 on: July 13, 2022, 08:34:10 pm »
I've never seen anything like the reaction to a friendly win yesterday. They're all out in force in their jerseys around here since 4pm yesterday. It's the funniest thing ever.

Saw a fella on social media say "what a pasting" we took, how we had our full team out and they didn't (quite literally the opposite) and how a "kid" scored against us and "cut your full 11 in half". They're mental.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37766 on: July 13, 2022, 08:34:19 pm »

when they are done wiping down and sanitizing their computer screens and keyboards.

lotion can be messy.
:D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #37767 on: July 13, 2022, 08:48:58 pm »
PL and media want an excited, engaged and hopeful United fan base. Ideally having us and them in some kind of race is their ideal scenario.

Ideally an ideal scenario?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37768 on: July 13, 2022, 09:15:18 pm »
Ideally an ideal scenario?

better than an idle scenario, surely? or an idol scenario, for that matter.

(I do prefer the idli scenario - that's some really tasty stuff)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37769 on: July 13, 2022, 09:17:25 pm »
I've never seen anything like the reaction to a friendly win yesterday. They're all out in force in their jerseys around here since 4pm yesterday. It's the funniest thing ever.

Saw a fella on social media say "what a pasting" we took, how we had our full team out and they didn't (quite literally the opposite) and how a "kid" scored against us and "cut your full 11 in half". They're mental.
It's absolutely bizarre, yet unsurprising given it's them.

I've never seen so much utter drivel spoken after a meaningless pre-season warm-up game. A morning paper I saw had two full pages on the training session with more on the back page.  :lmao

And they wonder why they are the most hated club on Earth.

Oh, and that trophy.  :lmao

I reckon we threw the training session so we didn't have to bring that monstrosity home with us.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #37770 on: July 14, 2022, 03:43:02 am »

I've never seen so much utter drivel spoken after a meaningless pre-season warm-up game. A morning paper I saw had two full pages on the training session with more on the back page.  :lmao

I reckon we threw the training session so we didn't have to bring that monstrosity home with us.  :)

I love it. Just imagine how hilarious it will be when they come to the realisation that they are still fucking shit in a month or two  ;D

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37771 on: July 14, 2022, 04:17:35 am »
Not even winning the "First friendly of a Preseason cup" could persuade ol Frenkie to join them! :lmao

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
20h
Frenkie De Jong’s agents Ali Dursun and Hasan Cetinkaya have informed Barcelona that Frenkie has still no intention to leave - also that Frenkie and agents are not accepting any salary reduction, or talks related to that. 🇳🇱 #FCB

Man United are also informed - deal now stalling.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 07:08:47 am by Magz50 »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37772 on: July 14, 2022, 09:00:21 am »
Not even winning the "First friendly of a Preseason cup" could persuade ol Frenkie to join them! :lmao

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
20h
Frenkie De Jong’s agents Ali Dursun and Hasan Cetinkaya have informed Barcelona that Frenkie has still no intention to leave - also that Frenkie and agents are not accepting any salary reduction, or talks related to that. 🇳🇱 #FCB

Man United are also informed - deal now stalling.

Do they really need him? They just thrashed the PL and CL runners up.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37773 on: July 14, 2022, 09:15:35 am »

It's all very amusing,  but I can't work out which of these 3 things it is:

1. There's no football news, so this is the news
2. We're just that big of a club that any little result will get blew up
3. There's a desperation for Man Utd to be good again and they're latching on

There was a full 2 hour discussion on the radio the other night with the topic "should Liverpool fans be worried now"
Anthony Martial is back and Fred is finally showing how good he is, I'm shitting myself now

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37774 on: July 14, 2022, 09:56:15 am »

It's been amazing, nothing wrong with being optimistic about the future of course but seeing stuff like "this was the squad that was so shit last season and he has the same players beating Liverpool 4-0, imagine when we have signings too" "finally a proper manager after all these years" and all the other nonsense with it is fucking hilarious. You could be forgiven for thinking they've just won the CL. The last time they were this excited over pre season was when they schooled us and Real Madrid then went on to get 2 points from Swansea, Sunderland and Burnley in their first 3 league games.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37775 on: July 14, 2022, 10:53:23 am »
They have to get things right at some point? Not saying it will be in the near future but eventually they will hire the right people in the right positions. For now it’s hilarious to see how many corners they have turned. Think they’ll miss out on top four again this season. They are still in too much of a mess. Long may it continue.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37776 on: July 14, 2022, 11:02:38 am »
I've just read the phrase "Ten Hag ball in full flow" in a headline and now I feel a bit ill.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37777 on: July 14, 2022, 11:11:26 am »
It's all very amusing,  but I can't work out which of these 3 things it is:

1. There's no football news, so this is the news
2. We're just that big of a club that any little result will get blew up
3. There's a desperation for Man Utd to be good again and they're latching on

There was a full 2 hour discussion on the radio the other night with the topic "should Liverpool fans be worried now"
Anthony Martial is back and Fred is finally showing how good he is, I'm shitting myself now

It's the age we live in, isn't it? Where the trivialities of life are endlessly pored over. Before the days of 24hr sports coverage and the media creating the news rather than reporting it, that game and result in Thailand would have warranted no more than appearing in the 'Friendly Results' column tucked away at the back of the paper.

These days, such a meaningless training session is used to fuel preferred media narratives. The current ones being Yernartid are on the rise and Liverpool are in decline. Oh, and Nunez is a flop.

I think all three of your points apply, as does a fourth one. That being the media desperation for Liverpool to fail.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #37778 on: July 14, 2022, 11:17:32 am »
Watched the game on record, simply to see how the youngsters got on.

A bit embarrassing that United felt they had to play pretty much their first eleven with the likes of McTominay throwing in ‘challenges’ as if United needed the points to avoid relegation.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37779 on: July 14, 2022, 11:42:27 am »
Ten Hag’s Dutch league (only) knowledge coming to the fore.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62160307

Manchester United are in advanced discussions with Ajax over defender Lisandro Martinez, and a deal could be concluded as early as Thursday

Anyone can comment about this player?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #37780 on: July 14, 2022, 11:44:45 am »

They're going to sign him I'd wager - its just about money. The fee is obv high... the wages will be silly I'd guess
There's just too much desperation from both clubs to get it done
I'd rather it didn't happen, I've seen some negativity around him on here but he's a top class player. He's obviously not going to transform their team but I'd rather they were buying the Tielemanns of this world

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37781 on: July 14, 2022, 12:37:20 pm »
Sam Wallace had just tweeted that Chelsea will not be buying Ronaldo, looks like United are stuck with him.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37782 on: July 14, 2022, 12:55:41 pm »
They're going to sign him I'd wager - its just about money. The fee is obv high... the wages will be silly I'd guess
There's just too much desperation from both clubs to get it done
I'd rather it didn't happen, I've seen some negativity around him on here but he's a top class player. He's obviously not going to transform their team but I'd rather they were buying the Tielemanns of this world
If he wanted to go there, they'd have signed him a month ago. They are like that guy that doesn't take no for an answer.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37783 on: July 14, 2022, 01:40:55 pm »
If he wanted to go there, they'd have signed him a month ago. They are like that guy that doesn't take no for an answer.

yet they are still in discussions and pursuing it,  you would think encouragment from his agent, otherwise they’d just shut it down.  The deal can very much go ahead.

Not sure why you think it’s a simple yes or no, then the deal goes through? Seems naive. They love a drag out saga, and even ‘simple’ deals can take months - heck look at our deal with a kid in Calvin Ramsay. And the wages deferal issue with de Jong is probably an issue too.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #37784 on: July 14, 2022, 01:55:40 pm »

Is that so they don't tantrum, get matches postponed, and play havoc with the fixture schedule?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #37785 on: July 14, 2022, 02:00:18 pm »
yet they are still in discussions and pursuing it,  you would think encouragment from his agent, otherwise they’d just shut it down.  The deal can very much go ahead.

Not sure why you think it’s a simple yes or no, then the deal goes through? Seems naive. They love a drag out saga, and even ‘simple’ deals can take months - heck look at our deal with a kid in Calvin Ramsay. And the wages deferal issue with de Jong is probably an issue too.

Yeah I think he probably signs with Utd if Barca just cough up what they owe him, but there's no way he should be letting them get away with what they're trying to do.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #37786 on: July 14, 2022, 02:02:31 pm »

Manchester United are in advanced discussions with Ajax over defender Lisandro Martinez, and a deal could be concluded as early as Thursday

He's 5'9"
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37787 on: July 14, 2022, 03:32:21 pm »

He's 5'9"
He's going full Hodgson, signing players from his previous club, hopefully he does better than PFK did for us.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37788 on: July 14, 2022, 03:47:42 pm »
He's going full Hodgson, signing players from his previous club, hopefully he does better than PFK did for us.

You mean worse surely? :o
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37789 on: July 14, 2022, 04:00:38 pm »
You mean worse surely? :o
Is there such a thing as "worse" for PFK?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37790 on: July 14, 2022, 04:19:49 pm »
Is there such a thing as "worse" for PFK?

Don't say that to his mum.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #37791 on: July 14, 2022, 05:16:20 pm »
So when does De Jong get chloroformed and dragged over to Old Trafford? I actually feel bad for the guy, sold for parts by the Club of his dreams. Barca are an embarrassment.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #37792 on: July 14, 2022, 06:30:04 pm »
So when does De Jong get chloroformed and dragged over to Old Trafford? I actually feel bad for the guy, sold for parts by the Club of his dreams. Barca are an embarrassment.

Soon as he gets his money from Barca which considering how fast they are moving it out the door may be never.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #37793 on: July 14, 2022, 08:28:49 pm »

He's 5'9"
5'9"
Bad b o
Eyes like peeholes in the snow
Has anybody seen De Jong
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37794 on: July 14, 2022, 09:11:47 pm »

He's an e, z and i away from being shaken and not stirred
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #37795 on: July 14, 2022, 10:00:41 pm »
Ten Hag is trying to emulate what Cruyff did with Barcelona - implant Ajax players and make them play the Ajax way. It’s not unheard of, but it’s a high-risk stance.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37796 on: July 14, 2022, 11:30:46 pm »
Ten Hag is trying to emulate what Cruyff did with Barcelona - implant Ajax players and make them play the Ajax way. It’s not unheard of, but it’s a high-risk stance.

Cruyff didn't do that at Barca though - his 'Dream Team' was mostly spaniards/Catalans with Stoichkov, Michael Laudrup and later Romario as the imports. Koeman is the only Dutch player I can think of that he had, and he came from PSV.

My point isn't to be pedantic, but to illustrate that Ten Haag is most definitely not following in the footsteps of one of the greats - he's just signing fellas he knows, which frankly makes him look like a chancer. The dutch league is also a way lower level now than it was back in the 80s/90s.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #37797 on: July 15, 2022, 12:08:18 am »
They have to get things right at some point? Not saying it will be in the near future but eventually they will hire the right people in the right positions. For now it’s hilarious to see how many corners they have turned. Think they’ll miss out on top four again this season. They are still in too much of a mess. Long may it continue.
Perhaps, even then though they could come 2nd with 88 points ;D

It's a bitch.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #37798 on: July 15, 2022, 12:12:35 am »
Perhaps, even then though they could come 2nd with 88 points ;D

It's a bitch.
I will plait my own shit if this shower of shite get 88 points/come second  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #37799 on: July 15, 2022, 12:20:29 am »
I will plait my own shit if this shower of shite get 88 points/come second  :lmao
I didn't even mean this season! Just in terms of them "getting it right eventually". They could get it right, have a stupendous season in the next 2-3 seasons and still not get close. It's crazy competitive at the moment to win the league.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.