Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3291936 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37480 on: July 6, 2022, 12:10:09 pm »
And they say nurses have it tough.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37481 on: July 6, 2022, 01:15:31 pm »

There are many occasions where footballers need to shut the hell up and count their blessings.

This is one of them.

What a 24carat wanker this narcissist is.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37482 on: July 6, 2022, 01:20:19 pm »
Not clued up on these things but that says liked by harrymaguire93, is that Man Utd's Harry Maguire that has liked that message?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #37483 on: July 6, 2022, 02:15:24 pm »
Not clued up on these things but that says liked by harrymaguire93, is that Man Utd's Harry Maguire that has liked that message?

Yup, seems to be his official account!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37484 on: July 6, 2022, 02:18:15 pm »
no good scenario with this.
- Slabhead agrees with him = what does that say about the sense of entitlement in that dressing room

- Slabhead is basically encouraging him to be po'd about it and fukk off = what does that say about that dressing room

- Slabhead is a moron and helping more people realize it

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #37485 on: July 6, 2022, 02:40:16 pm »
 ;D

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37486 on: July 6, 2022, 02:45:15 pm »
The absolute state of them at the minute. Slabby complaining about the wages after the performances he's put in since joining them is breath taking levels of funny.  ;D
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #37487 on: July 6, 2022, 03:30:33 pm »

Then he shouldn't have signed the contract which would have clearly set out that's what would happen  :butt

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37488 on: July 6, 2022, 05:36:08 pm »
;D

That’s absolutely top level trolling
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37489 on: July 6, 2022, 05:44:34 pm »

explains why he's "prepared to lower his wages" to get a move.  they're gonna be lowered anyway.

:)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37490 on: July 6, 2022, 05:52:47 pm »
There are many occasions where footballers need to shut the hell up and count their blessings.

This is one of them.

What a 24carat wanker this narcissist is.

Players at that club have form for it

Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37492 on: July 6, 2022, 05:56:35 pm »
Then he shouldn't have signed the contract which would have clearly set out that's what would happen  :butt

Maybe if he had learned how to play as a team then he wouldn’t be in this position.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37493 on: July 6, 2022, 06:26:11 pm »
Yup, seems to be his official account!

ha, comical stuff from them (once again).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37494 on: July 6, 2022, 09:54:48 pm »
Bayern Munich have ruled out signing Cristiano Ronaldo after the chief executive, Oliver Kahn, stated the Manchester United forward does not match the German champions’ “philosophy”.

:)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37495 on: July 6, 2022, 10:33:14 pm »
Has Eriksen signed got this lot?, what a bizarre move by him and them.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37496 on: July 7, 2022, 07:02:05 am »
I thought he'd end up back at Spurs.  I hadn't really thought it through though as he's clearly not a "Conte player" and Man U's scattergun transfer policy was always likely to find him.

He did well at Brentford and his arrival certainly coincided with an upturn in their results and is arguably the reason they're having a second season in the top flight.  He was poor towards the end for Spurs though, struggled in Italy and has since had a serious heart condition.

I maybe lack imagination but it's difficult to see where Eriksen fits in a team that also has Fernandes and seems likely to have De Jong.

While I'm all up for laughing at United and they are/will be getting plenty wrong, the bolded bits aren't quite true. He did have a first year that didn't go great, but was then a regular his last 4-5 months when Inter won the league under Conte.

Of course it'd be great if he was shite though, like.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2022, 07:20:15 am by decosabute »

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #37497 on: July 7, 2022, 12:38:59 pm »
Have Utd as much financial power as they endlessly claim, just a year ago they'd have offered De Jong 400k a week and paid over 70m to Barca to show the world they're still Billy Big Bollocks.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37498 on: July 7, 2022, 12:54:01 pm »
Have Utd as much financial power as they endlessly claim, just a year ago they'd have offered De Jong 400k a week and paid over 70m to Barca to show the world they're still Billy Big Bollocks.

I'm assuming they will wait to near the end of the window before throwing offers left right and centre.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #37499 on: July 7, 2022, 04:22:06 pm »
Given the CEO was caught telling everyone they had burned money, I think this might be the start of the tightening of the utd belt.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #37500 on: July 7, 2022, 04:52:04 pm »
Given the CEO was caught telling everyone they had burned money, I think this might be the start of the tightening of the utd belt.

Spot on and he was begging for investors for the stadium and new training ground. Clearly saying where is that money gonna come from.
United are screwed and Ronaldo knows that.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #37501 on: July 7, 2022, 04:58:25 pm »
Has Eriksen signed got this lot?, what a bizarre move by him and them.

I'm inclined to think he's a bit of a replacement for Juan Mata, who's moved on this summer - an experienced player who'll make occasional substitute appearances in the league, but may be a bit more prominent as a senior figure in earlier rounds of the domestic cups, etc. Aware that Mata didn't play much at all last season, in which case it probably feels like a bit of an upgrade.

And from Eriksen's perspective, maybe after all that's gone on in the last year or so, a slightly lesser role (in a footballing sense) but whereby he commands respect in the dressing room/on the training ground suits him quite well...?

Wrong thread for this...

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #37502 on: July 7, 2022, 05:08:11 pm »
Could be that the owners think the wage bill is too high. It’s got to the stage where any new player will be looking at £300k to £400k per week just to sit on the bench.
#JFT97

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37503 on: July 7, 2022, 05:08:52 pm »
While I'm all up for laughing at United and they are/will be getting plenty wrong, the bolded bits aren't quite true. He did have a first year that didn't go great, but was then a regular his last 4-5 months when Inter won the league under Conte.

Of course it'd be great if he was shite though, like.

I saw him a few times at Brentford. The biggest impact he had on them was their set pieces delivery. They rely on them a fair bit and we’re decent at them anyway but his ability to pick people out was very good. Brentford really needed a player of his type in open play too as their midfield was a poor man’s version of what our critics say ours is like before he joined. Mainly lots of graft to facilitate the rest of the team.

He obviously has quality on the ball but I don’t think he made tons of difference in open play.

He’ll no doubt be decent for United and if he’s on set pieces should clock up decent numbers but I don’t think it’s a signing that on its own gets them hugely up the table.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37504 on: July 7, 2022, 06:08:45 pm »
no Cavani, no Ronaldo (by the looks) .... who's gonna be getting on the end of his, or anyone else's,  deliveries?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37505 on: July 7, 2022, 06:15:57 pm »
no Cavani, no Ronaldo (by the looks) .... who's gonna be getting on the end of his, or anyone else's,  deliveries?

Solskjaer is polishing his boots.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #37506 on: July 7, 2022, 06:33:56 pm »
I saw him a few times at Brentford. The biggest impact he had on them was their set pieces delivery. They rely on them a fair bit and we’re decent at them anyway but his ability to pick people out was very good. Brentford really needed a player of his type in open play too as their midfield was a poor man’s version of what our critics say ours is like before he joined. Mainly lots of graft to facilitate the rest of the team.

He obviously has quality on the ball but I don’t think he made tons of difference in open play.

He’ll no doubt be decent for United and if he’s on set pieces should clock up decent numbers but I don’t think it’s a signing that on its own gets them hugely up the table.
Sounds like he will fit right in with McFred

Jokes aside, I think it could be a decent signing. United's midfield is absolute shite, so the bar is low.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37507 on: July 7, 2022, 06:37:13 pm »
Wouldn't Eriksen and Fernandes basically take up the same role in the team? You wouldn't field both of them at the same time surely.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37508 on: July 7, 2022, 08:39:05 pm »
Wouldn't Eriksen and Fernandes basically take up the same role in the team? You wouldn't field both of them at the same time surely.
And Van De Beek, who surely Ten Hag will be looking to utilise. They might potentially play a narrow 4-2-3-1 with McTominay and Fred in the double pivot and Eriksen, Fernandes and VDB in the 3, but the issues there are it strips you of pace, makes you vulnerable at full back and utilises Fred in a deeper role when realistically he’s an 8. It also pushes Sancho out which I can’t see happening.

Ten Hag played it a lot in Europe to protect his defence, but more 4-3-3 domestically. It will be interesting to see which system he goes for; for all the trumpeting of his tactical flexibility, I’m not sure it’s actually there. He knows how to coach effectively one way and that’s not how Man Utd have ever set up. If they allow big squad churn, spend a lot and give him 3 seasons, he will probably do well there. Can you imagine they will put up with a few years of teething though?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37509 on: July 7, 2022, 10:01:37 pm »
This policy of going for player who are

A. Former Ajax players.
B. Current Ajax players
C. Current Ajax targets

Doesn’t make me think they’ve solved their scouting and recruitment problem…. Because it’s clearly all led by the manager.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #37510 on: July 7, 2022, 10:54:52 pm »
It’s Ajax United, Tepid.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #37511 on: July 7, 2022, 11:34:07 pm »
Even with their rumored signings does anyone see anything but a fight for a Europa League or Conference spot at best? What is their best case scenario? Rashford and Martial roll back the clock 24 months?  I just don’t see it.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37512 on: July 8, 2022, 02:30:38 am »
Ronaldo doing a number on them. Hilarious Judas turn by him! :lmao

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37513 on: July 8, 2022, 02:47:19 am »
Ronaldo doing a number on them. Hilarious Judas turn by him! :lmao
Ronaldo has played them, hasn't he?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37514 on: July 8, 2022, 04:37:16 am »

They thought they are big enough not to fall and were throwing money at players without a clear plan or a specific system. Realised they fucked up and wasted their money and now far away from other teams. Under the pressure of fans they went for Rangnick to help and fix thier football operations , rejected them, they begged him and he demanded some terms he thought they won't go for but they were desperate. From the inside he saw what idiots he is dealing with, trashed them at public and left. Their solution, give Erik ten Hag total control of transfers. What could go wrong ? now they are scared of wasting more money only to fall further behind and the same time their manager need to find and identify targets by himself unlike other managers at a well run club and the funny thing is their greatest manager Ferguson , is one of the big reason they are mess now.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37515 on: July 8, 2022, 06:48:00 am »
Ronaldo has played them, hasn't he?

;D Yes he has,i'd like a comment now from Gary Guevara.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37516 on: July 8, 2022, 08:18:45 am »
Even with their rumored signings does anyone see anything but a fight for a Europa League or Conference spot at best? What is their best case scenario? Rashford and Martial roll back the clock 24 months?  I just don’t see it.

Players like Fernandes and Rashford dropped off in numbers after Ronaldo arrived, so you could argue they might pick up a bit with him gone. Rashford's drop coincided with him returning from that back injury that Ole played him through for months though so I'd be surprised if he found his form again. A better defined system might help but they don't really have the players for a big change, so either ten Hag finds a way to be really pragmatic or they have an abysmal time playing pressing football with slabhead trying to fathom a high line all season.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37517 on: July 8, 2022, 08:36:55 am »
Ten Hag's insistence on ex-players suggests he needs people who know his system because he is anxious he won't be afforded the patience to coach the existing players, or because he doesn't rate the existing players, or because he doesn't rate the scouting system - or - most likely - all three. Either way, it doesn't scream confidence.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #37518 on: July 8, 2022, 09:18:10 am »
Players like Fernandes and Rashford dropped off in numbers after Ronaldo arrived, so you could argue they might pick up a bit with him gone. Rashford's drop coincided with him returning from that back injury that Ole played him through for months though so I'd be surprised if he found his form again.

This is off brand for this thread but I hope Rashford comes back. He’s a great person and has a great story - I also liked watching him play (tho not against us). He was never top level but at 21 ish he was on a great trajectory.
I do think playing through that injury has been a massive issue and by the end of last season he looked totally lost when he played

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37519 on: July 8, 2022, 10:43:19 am »
Ten Hag's insistence on ex-players suggests he needs people who know his system because he is anxious he won't be afforded the patience to coach the existing players, or because he doesn't rate the existing players, or because he doesn't rate the scouting system - or - most likely - all three. Either way, it doesn't scream confidence.
Or that he can't attract better players.