Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3291477 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ragy hasn't got a Scooby
« Reply #31400 on: March 4, 2022, 07:16:56 am »
David Moyes is doing a great job at West Ham.

One they could look at maybe?

He definitely would shake things up and make them run dem laps
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31401 on: March 4, 2022, 09:29:20 am »
Watching old episodes of the hilarious Special 1 TV, the confidence and swagger of United around 2008 is jarring. Sir Alex, maybe Jose would take over, but regardless United are a winning machine. They kept spending but ehhh if anyone needed reminding how hard they’ve fallen some on the caf are wondering what Bebe could do in their team today.

To be honest, Bebe is still playing at a pretty decent level, in La Liga ...

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #31402 on: March 4, 2022, 10:01:40 am »
David Moyes is doing a great job at West Ham.

One they could look at maybe?

Moyes isn't a terrible manager, and I reckon he'd have had a similar level of success to what has actually transpired as they've lurched between styles of play. A couple of cups, maybe 2nd once or twice. Who knows what would have happened to a more settled Utd in the Leicester season? A lot of perennial top 4 clubs must still be ruing that they couldn't get a solid attempt together.

Obviously the fanbase would never have accepted such 'mediocrity', but it's hilarious to see them waste so much money and resources, becoming an absolute farce, for no tangible improvement over just letting Moyes get on with the job.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #31403 on: March 4, 2022, 12:19:25 pm »
Paul Parker, apparently (F365 article doesn't list the source):

“If United, in my opinion, were to get somewhere near to their money back on Harry Maguire, I think they’ll have to think about it”

Yes, because the world's superclubs are just lining up round the block to throw close to 80m on a failed defender approaching 30, who's never won a trophy and been relegated 4 times.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #31404 on: March 4, 2022, 12:21:32 pm »

“If United, in my opinion, were to get somewhere near to their money back on Harry Maguire, I think they’ll have to think about it”

Yes, because the world's superclubs are just lining up round the block to throw close to 80m on a failed defender approaching 30, who's never won a trophy and been relegated 4 times.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #31405 on: March 4, 2022, 12:25:59 pm »

Moshiri on the phone, clueless as to what’s going on, joins in after the event.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31406 on: March 4, 2022, 12:28:29 pm »

Not even roasted, just absolutely eviscerated.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31407 on: March 4, 2022, 04:46:54 pm »

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4608475/man-united-interim-boss-ralf-rangnick-wont-rule-out-staying-as-manager-next-season

Ralf Rangnick has refused to rule out the possibility that he could stay on as Manchester United manager next season.

YES - MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31409 on: March 4, 2022, 06:17:56 pm »
I can't bring myself to actively root for these.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #31410 on: March 4, 2022, 06:32:14 pm »

Agreed. Hope they beaten 73-0
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31411 on: March 4, 2022, 07:14:23 pm »

I can, quite easily too. We beat West Ham tomorrow its level games and 3pts behind. Utd win is still 3pts behind and a game in hand. I don't give a fuck about the Mancs, I want LFC to win the league and I will take any help whatsoever. Everything goes to plan, we could be going to the Etihad top of the table. For one day only the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31412 on: March 4, 2022, 07:47:39 pm »

When a result for them doesn’t really help them a great deal other than turning another corner, and benefits us hugely, I won’t too gutted if they somehow pull off a result.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ragy Ralf's a ruddy nice guy
« Reply #31414 on: March 4, 2022, 10:45:10 pm »

A Ł1.1bn tale of woe: the story of Manchester United’s lost decade

Manchester United: the Lost Decade. If Amazon Prime wants another blockbuster sports series then start production to document what next season will be 10 years searching in the wilderness for the title.

For added depth, perspective and poignancy feature a narrative strand about how the final league derby with Manchester City (Sunday, 4.30pm) before that landmark campaign was entered found United in role reversal with their crosstown rivals: the record 20-times champions have become the club in freefall while City are the slickly run serial trophy winners.

United were last champions in May 2013. Ralf Rangnick’s tenure as interim manager will not end in a 21st crown – United are 19 points behind City with 11 matches left – so the drought will stretch into a barely comprehensible 10th season.

Since Mr. Ferguson’s vintage triumphed, United’s finishing positions are seventh, fourth, fifth, sixth, second, sixth, third and second. Also damning is how none of the sides assembled by David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, José Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjćr were true contenders. Of the two runners-up finishes, Mourinho’s 2017-18 squad trailed 19 points behind City and last term’s team, under Solskjćr, were 12 behind Pep Guardiola’s third champion team.

More in here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/04/story-of-manchester-united-lost-decade-premier-league
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31415 on: March 4, 2022, 10:59:59 pm »
Manchester United: the Lost Decade.

Forget Amazon Prime, I thought that was a new Man Utd book by Jamie Jackson that the Guardian were promoting.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #31416 on: March 4, 2022, 11:09:13 pm »

Really? A documentary series because heaven forbid this lot aint won a league title in 10 years

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31417 on: March 4, 2022, 11:21:03 pm »

On Sunday? As much as we hate Man Utd, Man City are much, much worse ...

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #31418 on: March 4, 2022, 11:24:24 pm »
I don't mind rooting for this lot if it benefits us which it would if they manage a win on Sunday. I would prefer a draw to be honest.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31419 on: March 4, 2022, 11:30:41 pm »
I want a United win. We don’t know how many points City will need to drop for us to win the title. But as many as possible is surely the only answer. I’ll be pleased with a draw at the weekend. I’ll be doing cartwheels if United win.

As long as we win too obviously.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #31420 on: March 4, 2022, 11:42:36 pm »
I want a United win. We don’t know how many points City will need to drop for us to win the title. But as many as possible is surely the only answer. I’ll be pleased with a draw at the weekend. I’ll be doing cartwheels if United win.

As long as we win too obviously.
I think your first paragraph holds true even without the second. :)

We want to win, of course, but City MUST drop points for us to catch up. Them losing to United and us winning our game in hand (and tomorrow) will give us the GD advantage even if we "only" draw at their own ground. A draw is far more attainable, especially if they consider the game a must-win.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31421 on: March 4, 2022, 11:43:05 pm »
I don't mind rooting for this lot if it benefits us which it would if they manage a win on Sunday. I would prefer a draw to be honest.
No mate we've attempted that old 'best outcome of a game' scenario. It doesn't work Jack. The argument that we just concentrate on ourselves and win every game was debunked when we achieved 97 points and didn't win the league. We didn't win the league that year because a lot of teams were happy to be shafted by City.
We have to rely on a season of football impacting every game. That includes any circumstance that maximises the potential of us winning a league, it includes us hoping Everton beat City and Man Utd beating City, even fucking Newcastle.

A Man U win deprives City of a vital point, I don't give 2 fucks where Man U finish during this game, I just want regular football to impact our position. And we need it, we haven't done ourselves a lot of favours lashing points away.

We've learnt the hard way from history is that it's not even about points, it can be about goal difference.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31422 on: March 4, 2022, 11:47:14 pm »
No mate we've attempted that old 'best outcome of a game' scenario. It doesn't work Jack. The argument that we just concentrate on ourselves and win every game was debunked when we achieved 97 points and didn't win the league. We didn't win the league that year because a lot of teams were happy to be shafted by City.
We have to rely on a season of football impacting every game. That includes any circumstance that maximises the potential of us winning a league, it includes us hoping Everton beat City and Man Utd beating City, even fucking Newcastle.

A Man U win deprives City of a vital point, I don't give 2 fucks where Man U finish during this game, I just want regular football to impact our position. And we need it, we haven't done ourselves a lot of favours lashing points away.

We've learnt the hard way from history is that it's not even about points, it can be about goal difference.
I hope they beat City but they are shite. At least, it'd be funny regardless of the outcome but I'll prefer us laughing at them for helping us.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #31423 on: March 4, 2022, 11:53:16 pm »
Really? A documentary series because heaven forbid this lot aint won a league title in 10 years

Mate, I am old enough to recall ITV doing a documentary on them going down.
As a kid I was well pissed off because we never got a documentary for being the first team to win the League and a European trophy. United had been shit since Busby first retired, couldn’t understand the media orgasm when they did. Just thought it was hilarious when Denis Law scored that goal and their gobshite fans thought that by invading the pitch the game would be cancelled.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #31424 on: March 5, 2022, 12:05:55 am »
Mate, I am old enough to recall ITV doing a documentary on them going down.
As a kid I was well pissed off because we never got a documentary for being the first team to win the League and a European trophy. United had been shit since Busby first retired, couldn’t understand the media orgasm when they did. Just thought it was hilarious when Denis Law scored that goal and their gobshite fans thought that by invading the pitch the game would be cancelled.
I guess there has always been a media bias towards them even when they are shit.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #31425 on: March 5, 2022, 01:37:49 am »
Yeah, a win for the mancs will just have those delusional fans firmly on the inside of the corner and leaning in on the turn again. then when they finish 6th and Scooby Doo rehires himself it will be all the better to watch. Cheer my heart out for these little guys. so misunderstood. they want to be good, they really do. Its just so hard all the time.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31426 on: March 5, 2022, 02:58:17 am »
United win with loads of red cards at the weekend please.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #31427 on: March 5, 2022, 02:59:10 am »
what the actual fuck? Are you nuts, I couldn't care less who City are playing until the end of the season, I hope Utd batter them, all helps the goal difference too

If Utd winning tomorrow means they were to get fourth but we bring home number 20 is absolutely fine with me.

Anyway you don't have to jump up and down if they score, just hope they get something from the game
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31428 on: March 5, 2022, 05:27:01 am »
City keep letting me down, I expecting them to beat Spurs 4-0, in expecting the same this game. The Inventor of modern football versus The Godfather of German football. It’ll be a privilege to watch.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2022, 05:28:44 am by The North Bank »

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31429 on: March 5, 2022, 05:59:36 am »
United win with loads of red cards at the weekend please.
And a couple of hamstring injuries to key players; nothing serious, but serious enough to take more than a month recovery.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31430 on: March 5, 2022, 06:01:33 am »
what the actual fuck? Are you nuts, I couldn't care less who City are playing until the end of the season, I hope Utd batter them, all helps the goal difference too

If Utd winning tomorrow means they were to get fourth but we bring home number 20 is absolutely fine with me.

Anyway you don't have to jump up and down if they score, just hope they get something from the game
This. Except for one thing - United are not getting 4th even if they win. It's Arsenal's spot to lose.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31431 on: March 5, 2022, 06:11:21 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31432 on: March 5, 2022, 06:48:01 am »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31433 on: March 5, 2022, 06:48:17 am »
Insane to not want a Utd win here. Also would solidify Ralf's position. Win fucking win.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31434 on: March 5, 2022, 06:49:16 am »
De Gea's distribution  :lmao

https://twitter.com/deanoseason/status/1499781887006580743?s=21

The sadder thing about that is that it's made by a Dean Henderson fan account.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31435 on: March 5, 2022, 06:54:22 am »
Would much rather our traditional rivals Man United beat the team who profess to be our equals.

Hinders Man City and does little to guarantee Man United qualifying for the CL. I still have hopes for Arsenal to take that slot.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31436 on: March 5, 2022, 06:55:09 am »
Watford-Arsenal playing before them. I wonder if an Arsenal win or Arsenal dropping points can help them find some hunger against City?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31437 on: March 5, 2022, 06:59:33 am »

I prefer a United win of course but I won't be actively cheering for them.

Viva Ro :puke2

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31438 on: March 5, 2022, 07:33:10 am »
I prefer a United win of course but I won't be actively cheering for them.

Viva Ro :puke2

I have no such shame. Come on you Red Devils or whatever it is that the Mancs say!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31439 on: March 5, 2022, 08:04:54 am »
They don't stand a chance.