Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3291589 times)

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #9920 on: October 28, 2020, 11:25:38 pm »
I could have sworn that their first goal was offside on the VAR replay. Am I missing something here?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9921 on: October 28, 2020, 11:30:31 pm »
The beauty of Solksjaer is that he will throw up one good result in 5 games, so will stay as manager despite being shite.

Off the pitch I'm enjoying Rashford taking swipes at the government. Hard to believe he's 22 years old. Can only credit the lad.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9922 on: October 29, 2020, 01:21:59 am »
They dump Leipzig out of the CL

Leipzig sell us Upamecano in January because their season is over.

We win 20/7

Ole gets an extension.

Perfect
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #9923 on: October 29, 2020, 01:29:55 am »
Big test will be Sunday in the league against Arsenal.

Arsenal last won a League match at Old Trafford...September 17, 2006.

I'd suggest that it is unlikely they win there this weekend.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9924 on: October 29, 2020, 01:47:05 am »
I could have sworn that their first goal was offside on the VAR replay. Am I missing something here?

rashford was in his own half... can't be offside in your own half
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9925 on: October 29, 2020, 03:16:43 am »

Same for me mate:-

Looked offside - yet VAR ruled onside. Meh.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:18:20 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9926 on: October 29, 2020, 03:16:59 am »
Arsenal last won a League match at Old Trafford...September 17, 2006.

I'd suggest that it is unlikely they win there this weekend.

If it helps, I just sold Auba and bought Rashford in fantasy football. Man U could still win, and if they manage to overcome Auba's hattrick and Rashford's 3rd minute red card then fair play to them.

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9927 on: October 29, 2020, 06:31:22 am »
5-0 flattered them but credit where it’s due to get 6pts from their first two games. Big test will be Sunday in the league against Arsenal.

Arsenal are fucking shite.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #9928 on: October 29, 2020, 07:00:43 am »
Arsenal are fucking shite.

That'll be a tough test for them then

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9929 on: October 29, 2020, 07:55:11 am »

We win 20/7

Ole gets an extension.

Perfect

Didn't exactly cover himself in glory last night.

They won't win at the weekend. It's got another drab 0-0 written all over it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:22:49 am by deano2727 »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #9930 on: October 29, 2020, 08:19:08 am »
as much as I HATE utd - if anyone deserved a hatrick then it's Rashford

a premier player standing up and telling the government that they should feed the kids rather than be rolling about in their massive mansion with their earbuds in and playing fifa all day with their 'mates'

hat's off to him

...then again, if the bugger scores against us then I'll have to revisit this post  :wave

EDIT: mis-spelling

EDIT 2: yes I did compliment a utd player

EDIT 3: no I really did

EDIT 4: i know shocking eh?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:38:37 am by liverbloke »
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9931 on: October 29, 2020, 08:43:22 am »
Pathetic that CL keeps going with the CL fixtures during a pandemic. Just give it to Utd this year, clearly they are the bestest team in Europe.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9932 on: October 29, 2020, 08:44:21 am »

We win 20/7

Ole gets an extension.

Perfect
Why would we buy him though, he was thrash last night and average whenever i saw him play.

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9933 on: October 29, 2020, 08:46:31 am »
Same for me mate:-

Looked offside - yet VAR ruled onside. Meh.
See, this is really the worst thing about VAR.  3 years ago no one would even be close to complaining that this was offside based on the footage (even for a Utd player), we’d be saying it was a well timed run and that he was level.  Now we are fixating on whether or not his big toe is 1cm ahead of the defender’s shoulder or not. 

Unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle now I fear.

On the plus side it’s another corner turned for Ole and qualifying from the group guarantees his job for the rest of the season.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #9934 on: October 29, 2020, 08:48:01 am »
I didn't see any of the game but 5-0 against Leipzig is a good result regardless, so I now expect the Ole hype to go overboard which is great haha.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9935 on: October 29, 2020, 08:49:51 am »
You think Fat Frank would eat a banana?, if it was a banana shaped meat pie then maybe

A game pie. Frank has standards.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9936 on: October 29, 2020, 08:51:55 am »
Great win for them. Keeps him in a job longer.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9937 on: October 29, 2020, 08:57:40 am »
Great win for them us. Keeps him in a job longer.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9938 on: October 29, 2020, 09:04:55 am »
Im glad they won. Nagelsmann is a disgrace wearing that jacket.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9940 on: October 29, 2020, 09:30:06 am »
Some serious delusion there ;D

People have been sectioned for less.

Offline Klopites

• Main Stander
« Reply #9941 on: October 29, 2020, 09:38:43 am »
See, this is really the worst thing about VAR.  3 years ago no one would even be close to complaining that this was offside based on the footage (even for a Utd player), we’d be saying it was a well timed run and that he was level.  Now we are fixating on whether or not his big toe is 1cm ahead of the defender’s shoulder or not. 

Unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle now I fear.

On the plus side it’s another corner turned for Ole and qualifying from the group guarantees his job for the rest of the season.

I don't understand the rules or football anymore, it seems like there is no such thing as level anymore is that correct? Which seems bonkers as level is on and is a valid variable. However it seems they have decided level is now not a thing at all because they believe they can microscopically call any decision either onside or offside despite not having the technology to microscopically identify the exact moment the ball has left a players foot and subsequently the exact moment and freeze frame of the attacker and defenders position. They don't even use hawkeye and higher frame rates per second for these offside decisions or do they? Which atleast would give them a chance to accurately get a microscopical decision correct.

Oh and Rashford is "clearly" offside which again makes no sense, half his boot is offside and I can guarantee if the camera angle was swung around so that it was level (this is another issue no level camera angles are there?) it would be even more obvious that half his boot is off. So again football makes no sense what so ever anymore how can Rashford who is "clearly" off be deemed onside and Mane who was not clearly off and about as bang on level as you will ever see be called offside? It makes no fucking sense.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9942 on: October 29, 2020, 09:39:45 am »
Why would we buy him though, he was thrash last night and average whenever i saw him play.

RAWK needs a name to glob onto and push as our first choice target at every opportunity purely because they've been linked previously. Last window it was Kabak and Sarr, then Kabak spat on someone and we skipped Sarr because he's actually not any good and bought Jota instead, so now it's Upamecano until we eventually sign someone else entirely.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #9943 on: October 29, 2020, 10:01:17 am »
Im glad they won. Nagelsmann is a disgrace wearing that jacket.

He looked like he'd been to a wedding in the daytime. He's a bit of a blowhard IMO, probably has his eye on the United job.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #9944 on: October 29, 2020, 10:02:16 am »
Corner turned.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #9945 on: October 29, 2020, 10:10:54 am »
I didn't see any of the game but 5-0 against Leipzig is a good result regardless, so I now expect the Ole hype to go overboard which is great haha.
The hype went overboard when he was temporary manager. Now it's just a roller-coaster of shitness to greatness within a week.

I can't imagine a manager with any self-belief ever allowing the word 'apprentice' to be in the title of a book written about them. It's almost an admission of mediocrity, and the word literally translates as: 'a person who is learning a trade from a skilled employer, having agreed to work for a fixed period at low wages'

Clearly he's not on low wages (or working for a skilled employer...), but it's nonetheless hilarious that a book has been published which quite literally confirms what everyone has thought since his appointment.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #9946 on: October 29, 2020, 11:29:37 am »
Corner turned.

Is this the same corner as Trump is turning with COVID in the US?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9947 on: October 29, 2020, 11:43:05 am »
Add a new chapter to his book sharpish.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9948 on: October 29, 2020, 12:04:32 pm »
Is this the same corner as Trump is turning with COVID in the US?

Its the same one they took the piss out of Houllier about.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9950 on: October 29, 2020, 12:52:52 pm »
I don't understand the rules or football anymore, it seems like there is no such thing as level anymore is that correct? Which seems bonkers as level is on and is a valid variable. However it seems they have decided level is now not a thing at all because they believe they can microscopically call any decision either onside or offside despite not having the technology to microscopically identify the exact moment the ball has left a players foot and subsequently the exact moment and freeze frame of the attacker and defenders position. They don't even use hawkeye and higher frame rates per second for these offside decisions or do they? Which atleast would give them a chance to accurately get a microscopical decision correct.

Oh and Rashford is "clearly" offside which again makes no sense, half his boot is offside and I can guarantee if the camera angle was swung around so that it was level (this is another issue no level camera angles are there?) it would be even more obvious that half his boot is off. So again football makes no sense what so ever anymore how can Rashford who is "clearly" off be deemed onside and Mane who was not clearly off and about as bang on level as you will ever see be called offside? It makes no fucking sense.

Take it you're on about the first goal which was Greenwood? deffo looked offside, Rashford's first was deffo onside though as he was in his own half still when the ball was played

Didn't see any of the other goals as I turned it off at 2-0 ;D

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #9951 on: October 29, 2020, 01:08:23 pm »
He looked like he'd been to a wedding in the daytime. He's a bit of a blowhard IMO, probably has his eye on the United job.

He looked like he had been to a wedding in the 1970s.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9952 on: October 29, 2020, 02:11:17 pm »
Didn't exactly cover himself in glory last night.

They won't win at the weekend. It's got another drab 0-0 written all over it.

Meh. I remember this former Roma keeper who once conceded five in a single game...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Klopites

• Main Stander
« Reply #9953 on: October 29, 2020, 02:18:21 pm »
Take it you're on about the first goal which was Greenwood? deffo looked offside, Rashford's first was deffo onside though as he was in his own half still when the ball was played

Didn't see any of the other goals as I turned it off at 2-0 ;D

Sorry didn't realise it was Greenwood not Rashford I didn't see the game just the picture posted above. So yeah I was talking about the first goal the Greenwood goal in that case.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9954 on: October 29, 2020, 05:21:26 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE0-co7QEg

:wellin

:lmao Those comments as well ;D

A lot of puff pieces about how great Solskjaer is today after their result yesterday (and earlier on in the week given his book about about being a managerial genius is out). Great stuff.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #9955 on: October 30, 2020, 03:43:09 pm »
The book by some JAckson fellah is out. What is Ole's football philosophy, from those who know (of) him? I find it a bit intriguing - they lose, draw, and sometimes win with panache for what would appear a mid table team. I watched the whole game against Leipzig, and I can't put my finger on it. 7 men at the back, and then quick breaks? Three speedy forwards to under teams? Some of the midfielders are good players, but they have started adding physicality now. But honestly, I am not sure what the Ole system is.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9956 on: November 1, 2020, 01:54:34 pm »
Sir Bobby Charlton: England World Cup winner diagnosed with dementia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54770216
#Sausages

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9957 on: November 1, 2020, 02:54:16 pm »

Probably the AM from that era that most resembled how modern players play the progressive midfield role.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9958 on: November 1, 2020, 02:57:08 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that. I used to work with dementia clients in the  community care setting. It's horrible.

I hope Bobby gets all the support he requires and deserves.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9959 on: November 1, 2020, 04:03:00 pm »

Shame. He was special as a player. Used to laugh when we were young that only Charlton could play at the old Baseball Ground and his shorts would be still pristine at the end. Use to glide around the pitch. Could strike a ball as sweet as anyone. The burden he carried after Munich must have been awful.
Hope he is well looked after.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."