Author Topic: Neco Williams Appreciation thread  (Read 115713 times)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Neco Williams Appreciation thread
« Reply #400 on: September 6, 2020, 05:50:18 pm »
Brilliant for Neco. Good habit to get into grabbing the odd goal here and there.
Yeah especially at the death, great habit to have.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #401 on: September 6, 2020, 06:17:26 pm »
Brilliant for Neco. Good habit to get into grabbing the odd goal here and there.

Reminiscent of the fella in your avatar, ghosting in at the far post to bury a header. Made up for Neco after the stick he took after the Arsenal game.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #402 on: September 6, 2020, 06:35:50 pm »
Yeah especially at the death, great habit to have.
Good team to do that against too. Bulgaria allowed Ireland to equalize there in the 93rd min the previous game, now lost to Wales at the same time. Fine margins as Klopp always says, and great for Neco to experience that.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: September 6, 2020, 07:18:02 pm »
Long time lurker on here, but thought my first post would be to praise this young lad. Hard to believe he's only 19 years old. I look at our squad now & I think defensively we're as strong now as we've ever been, certainly in the 50 odd years I've been following the reds. If Nico continues with his improvements & keeps his feet on the ground - Jurgen will see to that - we could have ourselves a future gem.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #404 on: September 6, 2020, 07:22:49 pm »
He so good going forward & at getting into goalscoring positions.

At youth level he was some finisher for a RB
United fans believe it was Giggs that developed Neco. Deluded people.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #405 on: September 6, 2020, 09:45:02 pm »
Really pleased for Williams today, had a couple of tricky moments recently but big potential and plenty of time to keep developing his game

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #406 on: September 6, 2020, 10:02:53 pm »
Nice header. Downwards = textbook. Good lad
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #407 on: September 6, 2020, 10:22:26 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: September 6, 2020, 10:34:04 pm »
Great header.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #409 on: September 6, 2020, 10:35:28 pm »
Made up for him, what an impact! Hope he can do that for us soon!

Not at all worried about the mistakes he made last week, it's all part of a learning curve.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: September 7, 2020, 01:36:43 am »
Great goal!
Believer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #411 on: September 7, 2020, 03:15:12 am »
Reminiscent of the fella in your avatar, ghosting in at the far post to bury a header. Made up for Neco after the stick he took after the Arsenal game.

When I checked duvva's avatar I expected to see our first attacking right back, Chris Lawler.

I flicked through the reports earlier and all I could see on Sky was that James had assisted a goal but no mention of Neco.

As you say good for him after the learning process of the Arsenal goal.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #412 on: September 25, 2020, 01:15:04 am »
I thought he did ok tonight, but clearly has areas to work on. But in the post match thread was labelled poor by some, which seems overly harsh. It sounds like he’s blacked out his social media due to getting serious abuse after tonight’s performance on there. He’s 19 and is just taking his first steps into the best team on the planet, plus we actually won 7-2. I just don’t get why some people can’t be more balanced.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #413 on: September 25, 2020, 03:24:55 am »
He seems to be a bit too slow to be a great full back. The right back position has been the weak point of our defense during the game.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #414 on: September 25, 2020, 03:42:05 am »
He seems to be a bit too slow to be a great full back. The right back position has been the weak point of our defense during the game.

I don't think he's slower than TAA for example.

I think what he needs to improve right now is his decision making. Over the last few times I've seen him, he seems to be a high risk, high reward type player. There was a moment when he tried to keep the ball under pressure from 3-4 players. He almost made it out, and had he been successful it would have looked great, but ultimately he lost the ball in a dangerous position.

That's fine for a 19 year old who's still learning the game in a League Cup tie when we're 5-0 up, but we'd be pretty annoyed if he did it against Arsenal next week and it cost us a goal.

It's not easy because clearly we want him to play confidently and be on the front foot playing his natural game. But he will have to shape up his decision making fairly quickly this season, if Trent is out for any sort of an extended run.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #415 on: September 25, 2020, 04:03:56 am »

I am not sure if Klopp will play him in a league match after his performances in his last 3 outings. Gomez or Milner I guess, let’s see. Hope this situation will not happen though.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 04:06:10 am by UNO »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #416 on: September 25, 2020, 06:55:54 am »
Some of our fans on social media are an embarrassment to be honest.  :no
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #417 on: September 25, 2020, 06:57:14 am »
I don't think he's slower than TAA for example.

I think what he needs to improve right now is his decision making. Over the last few times I've seen him, he seems to be a high risk, high reward type player. There was a moment when he tried to keep the ball under pressure from 3-4 players. He almost made it out, and had he been successful it would have looked great, but ultimately he lost the ball in a dangerous position.

That's fine for a 19 year old who's still learning the game in a League Cup tie when we're 5-0 up, but we'd be pretty annoyed if he did it against Arsenal next week and it cost us a goal.

It's not easy because clearly we want him to play confidently and be on the front foot playing his natural game. But he will have to shape up his decision making fairly quickly this season, if Trent is out for any sort of an extended run.

Absolutely agree with this. He's only 19, so the physical attributes may change slightly, but he needs to improve his decision making both defending and attacking to stay in Klopp's plans. The goal we conceded yesterday is an example of him making a poor decision while in our half (aside from being caught on the wrong side of the attacker a few times), but I have noticed that going forward, his decisions have been poor too. He has a tendency to take on the opposing fullback, but he doesn't quite have the pace to beat them often, and he's given away the ball on some occasions in that way.

Of course, he's still only 19 so his decision-making can and should improve, but yeah, it's unlikely Klopp will play him in the league unless he improves in this regard quickly.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
Neco Williams Appreciation thread
« Reply #418 on: September 25, 2020, 07:35:37 am »

A few of those occasions it might not have been so bad if he’d had Gomez behind him rather than another rookie.

Rhys left Neco exposed a few times - but that’s perfectly understandable lack of experience. Communication across *all* the back line was noticeably worse in the second half.

I remember Trent getting stick for his defensive lapses when he was starting out. I have no worries about Neco as a long term prospect.

And the idiots on twitter can just fuck right off. Bunch of cowardly shits.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: September 25, 2020, 08:02:40 am »
A few of those occasions it might not have been so bad if he’d had Gomez behind him rather than another rookie.

Rhys left Neco exposed a few times - but that’s perfectly understandable lack of experience. Communication across *all* the back line was noticeably worse in the second half.

I remember Trent getting stick for his defensive lapses when he was starting out. I have no worries about Neco as a long term prospect.

And the idiots on twitter can just fuck right off. Bunch of cowardly shits.

This.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2020, 08:15:25 am »
I thought he did ok tonight, but clearly has areas to work on. But in the post match thread was labelled poor by some, which seems overly harsh. It sounds like he’s blacked out his social media due to getting serious abuse after tonight’s performance on there. He’s 19 and is just taking his first steps into the best team on the planet, plus we actually won 7-2. I just don’t get why some people can’t be more balanced.

Wheres the fun in being balanced when you can be a complete bellend instead!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2020, 08:20:54 am »
I don't think it's a question of his actual top-end pace, I think it's more of an issue with his stamina.

Over the period of a game, I've noticed his performance seems to drop off, and it could be a fitness/stamina thing. Good thing is that he's young and it's something that can be addressed with hard work and training. He undoubtedly is a talented player and could be part of the team for a long time.

That's based on my observations, so could be mistaken.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: September 25, 2020, 08:26:18 am »

Yep - Twitter has become extremely toxic lately with all the kids on there.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: September 25, 2020, 08:29:51 am »
I don't think it's a question of his actual top-end pace, I think it's more of an issue with his stamina.

Over the period of a game, I've noticed his performance seems to drop off, and it could be a fitness/stamina thing. Good thing is that he's young and it's something that can be addressed with hard work and training. He undoubtedly is a talented player and could be part of the team for a long time.

That's based on my observations, so could be mistaken.

The stamina concern is fair. Think it was the Brighton game last season, he looked absolutely knackered at half time, hopefully that's something that improves with age.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:52 am »

The price of success, the better the team is, the worse the fans are.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2020, 08:43:17 am »
Yep - Twitter has become extremely toxic lately with all the kids on there.
Think you'd be hard-pressed to land this just at the feet of kids. Twats come in all shapes, sizes and ages
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2020, 08:44:52 am »

I am not sure if Klopp will play him in a league match after his performances in his last 3 outings. Gomez or Milner I guess, let’s see. Hope this situation will not happen though.

Nonsense. Gomez has been really poor (for his usual high standards) since football re-started and Klopp has never once hesitated to start him, so if Jurgen believes in Neco's abilities he'll no doubt trust him in the line up if Trent needs a rest.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2020, 09:02:32 am »
This absurd approach to fandom where perfection is the only acceptable level of performance is really toxic. We've had far worse second XIs and far worse youth players come through which has never resulted in the kind of whoppery we're witnessing at the moment. Nothing's just 'fun' anymore. It's all deadly serious. So winning 7-2 against a lower league side has top be pulled apart, with any negative accentuated to unreasonable levels and lads on the internet crying about it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2020, 09:12:42 am »
I know it's their own decision ultimately but I really think these young lads should be advised to not have public social media accounts that can just leave them open to such disgusting abuse. I know they get media training and he seems to have a good support network around him but fucking hell, it must be soul destroying having to put up with some of the shite they do. Absolute disgrace some of our 'fans' (and I know it's not just a Liverpool problem).
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:18 am »
What’s happened to him online is disgraceful and shameful

Imagine thinking a giving shit to a 19 year old kid you don’t know in any context is what you should be doing let alone one you’re supposed to “SUPPORT”

Genuinely it makes me really sad - we used to think of ourselves as having the best fans in the world .. maybe that’s still true in the ground but the mass of LFC fans are no different to everyone else

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2020, 09:38:13 am »
His athleticism will improve. It is something he will work on with the S&C. If he can improve his pace he will be a very very good player. He was not great in his last few appearances but not as bad as some have made out. Although I do think we wont see him starting in the PL atm.

These young players or players in general should not read twitter. Just use it to post some photos or thank proper fans but dont bother reading comments, Just full of people hiding behind fake names hating on everything.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2020, 09:42:14 am »
What’s happened to him online is disgraceful and shameful

Imagine thinking a giving shit to a 19 year old kid you don’t know in any context is what you should be doing let alone one you’re supposed to “SUPPORT”

Genuinely it makes me really sad - we used to think of ourselves as having the best fans in the world .. maybe that’s still true in the ground but the mass of LFC fans are no different to everyone else

The so called fans who are abusing Neco on the internet have probably never stepped foot in Anfield and only took an interest in Liverpool 3/4 years ago .

Its Embarrassing growing men think abusing a 19yo kid is acceptable its what Everton and Chelsea fans are good at . Go away and support them you fucking muppets!

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2020, 09:45:17 am »
Think we should tag him on twitter and show him some love.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2020, 09:46:25 am »
I know it's their own decision ultimately but I really think these young lads should be advised to not have public social media accounts that can just leave them open to such disgusting abuse. I know they get media training and he seems to have a good support network around him but fucking hell, it must be soul destroying having to put up with some of the shite they do. Absolute disgrace some of our 'fans' (and I know it's not just a Liverpool problem).

Whilst I agree with this, it's beyond depressing that it's a legitimate argument. Social media has the potential to be absolutely brilliant in allowing supporters to see the human side to their clubs footballers, and to allow direct interaction that would otherwise not be possible - and even more so at times like the one we're currently living through, but fuck me do the worst elements of that sphere not destroy it for everyone. I personally love seeing players like Milner and others on social media and getting a feel for who they are as a person through that means, but what we'll end up with instead is a load of PR ran accounts that give you nothing, or no accounts at all.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:53 am »
Think we should tag him on twitter and show him some love.
Definitely. Some absolutely awful people on Twitter, he’s a young lad who I thought actually did ok. Even if he was to have a stinker, there’s never any need to be having a pop on social media.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2020, 10:01:44 am »
Head up high lad, fuck everyone else.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: September 25, 2020, 10:10:45 am »
Little twitter virgins giving him abuse.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2020, 10:36:26 am »
Not sure why he’s being criticised anywhere, he had a decent game. Tough for him as well playing next to a centre back with zero experience at this level.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2020, 10:40:34 am »
The so called fans who are abusing Neco on the internet have probably never stepped foot in Anfield and only took an interest in Liverpool 3/4 years ago .

Its Embarrassing growing men think abusing a 19yo kid is acceptable its what Everton and Chelsea fans are good at . Go away and support them you fucking muppets!

Too right. If they have any affiliation with the club it's a shirt and Sky sports with a liberal dose of Talkshite. Best to just ignore them.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2020, 10:46:57 am »
Posted in the other thread, will post here -

Neco Williams vs Lincoln City

85% Pass accuracy (50/59)
7/11 Accurate long passes
5/6 Accurate passes into final third
1 Chance created
2/3 Dribbles completed
11/24 Duels won
6 Interceptions
9 Recoveries, 3 in opposition half

People stating he had a bad game are just not very clear about what the issue is.
VVD left and our organization fell, Rhys Williams who was looking good, looked average. Fabinho can't play LCB, plus he isn't a backline organizer.

Abusing Neco who is a great talent for that is just not on.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!