Author Topic: CL: FC Red Saltzburg 0 v Liverpool 2 Keita 57', Salah 58'  (Read 72973 times)

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: FC Red Saltzburg 0 v Liverpool 2 Keita 57', Salah 58'
« Reply #960 on: December 12, 2019, 09:56:11 pm »
Would probably give a lot of credit to Salzburg's last manager, Marco Rose, who's led Monchengladbach to the top of the league.

He seems like the guy we want in a few years if Klopp doesn't ultimately extent.

I agree he deserves a lot of the credit.
But, his Munchin' gladbackers just got thumped out of the Europa at home by Basaksehir so maybe he's not for LFC!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #961 on: December 12, 2019, 10:05:03 pm »
Hopefully this is the first of many signings direct from Salzburg. They seem like just about the best club for developing young talent in Europe right now.

I'm surprised Salzburg weren't better at protecting his value to be honest. They seem like very savvy operators and letting a talent this size go for a pittance doesn't seem in character.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #962 on: December 12, 2019, 10:06:05 pm »
I agree he deserves a lot of the credit.
But, his Munchin' gladbackers just got thumped out of the Europa at home by Basaksehir so maybe he's not for LFC!

Borussia Dortmund failed to make it out of the Europa group stage in 2011.
They failed to get out of the group stage of the CL the year after too.

Guess who their coach was?  :P

Not saying I think Marco Rose will be the man for Liverpool at some point, but getting dumped out of the Europa league in his first season at Gladbach isn't probably the way to judge him.

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #963 on: December 12, 2019, 10:11:33 pm »
Haha! You've convinced me he's the man now!  :P

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: December 12, 2019, 10:17:50 pm »
Pearce:

As long as he passes his medical, Takumi Minamino will become a #LFC on January 1. Borussia Mönchengladbach, AC Milan and Manchester United among those beaten to his signature.
Fee of £7.25 million - effectively what Liverpool banked for selling Ryan Kent to Rangers.

Looks like we need a welcome thread

:lmao

Isn't Manchester United "interested" in every player in Europe (and South America, and Asia)? The BBC gossip page is 95% Man U rumours. This is how they keep the peasants from revolting, I guess.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: December 12, 2019, 10:34:33 pm »

Isn't Manchester United "interested" in every player in Europe (and South America, and Asia)? The BBC gossip page is 95% Man U rumours. This is how they keep the peasants from revolting, I guess.

They have revamped their scouting network, so it now covers the most farther reaches of the globe. Which is why they signed Wan Bissaka, Harry Maguire and Daniel James in the summer.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: December 12, 2019, 11:19:58 pm »
They have revamped their scouting network, so it now covers the most farther reaches of the globe. Which is why they signed Wan Bissaka, Harry Maguire and Daniel James in the summer.

Very comprehensive flip charts too.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: December 12, 2019, 11:23:37 pm »
Very important question though:

Is he quick?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #968 on: December 12, 2019, 11:25:17 pm »

Is he quick?
Rapid?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #969 on: December 12, 2019, 11:26:18 pm »
Gini, Mini, Mane, Mo

I see what you did there
#JFT97

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: December 12, 2019, 11:51:01 pm »

Is he quick?

He’s a rice rocket!

(Are we still allowed to make blatantly stereotypical jokes?)

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: December 12, 2019, 11:52:07 pm »

Is he quick?

More pace goals
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: December 12, 2019, 11:52:38 pm »
While I rate the current media darling Haland, I feel his playing style/ceiling is more akin to Djeko and Klopp has never shown an interest in those types of forwards.  Someone is going to spend a shit load on that kid and while I think he'll do very well I wouldn't be surprised if Takumi ends up surpassing him in overall impact when all is said and done.

Really?  That seems very unlikely given the quality of our starting players and the fact that Haland is 5 years Minamino's junior.  Don't get me wrong I'm really excited that we've signed Minamino and feel he'll be a great addition to the side, but more impactful is a massive call.  Be careful when judging Japanese players, they can be found out when they transition to more physical leagues, as the Japanese football system is very low contact/tackling.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:54:23 pm by latortuga »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: December 12, 2019, 11:53:46 pm »
This is a really good signing from the age perspective as well - which may have been discussed above. He will just be turning 25 and is entering the prime of his career. It helps us as we aim to start turning over the squad a bit, but he’s ready to hit the ground running instead of waiting and learning.

I would have been excited if we did this for 25m.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: December 13, 2019, 12:43:06 am »
Really?  That seems very unlikely given the quality of our starting players and the fact that Haland is 5 years Minamino's junior.  Don't get me wrong I'm really excited that we've signed Minamino and feel he'll be a great addition to the side, but more impactful is a massive call.  Be careful when judging Japanese players, they can be found out when they transition to more physical leagues, as the Japanese football system is very low contact/tackling.

What's the sample size of Japanese players that you have to go off? Genuinely interested, because it doesn't seem like there have been that many at all to draw any conclusions from.

While I rate the current media darling Haland, I feel his playing style/ceiling is more akin to Djeko and Klopp has never shown an interest in those types of forwards. 

I mean, Klopp seemed to be pretty happy with Lewandowski, for example.

Klopp adapts to the players he has. I don't think he'd get Haaland because he'd cost over a hundred million, when Sancho might be available at about the same price.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: December 13, 2019, 12:47:30 am »
What's the sample size of Japanese players that you have to go off? Genuinely interested, because it doesn't seem like there have been that many at all to draw any conclusions from.

Klopp adapts to the players he has. I don't think he'd get Haaland because he'd cost over a hundred million, when Sancho might be available at about the same price.

Exactly. Lewandowski and Dzeko are in similar stature [Dzeko being slightly taller] but neither are pace merchants but both are similar in terms of the types of goals they score. Lewandowski is obviously many levels above Dzeko but the notion that he wouldn't go for Haaland because of his physical stature as you say isn't necessarily true given Lewandowski under Klop

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #977 on: December 13, 2019, 12:55:19 am »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: December 13, 2019, 01:38:34 am »

The Japanese national team has tended to be technical rather than physical. South Korea among the dominant Asian sides is physical. This may be a cultural thing, reflected in their stadia, with Japan favouring grand Olympic stadia and South Korea preferring British-style grounds.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: December 13, 2019, 01:43:05 am »
Has to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAL5SGbY-Lo

I'd like to see something set to this. A classic 60s duo, the grandmother of all those modern Japanese girl groups. The rhythm fits the name too.

Koi no Fuga, by The Peanuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9qvN5BNDIA
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: December 13, 2019, 03:57:08 am »

Which is good that he has proven himself in the Austrian league and in the Champions League as well...

To me, the most important thing about who we sign is who we need, and the greatest need for a long time now has been an alternate or substitute and understudy for Firmino. We simply do not have any such player in our existing squad and truth be told, there are few such players of sufficiently high standard of quality in the whole of Europe. Minamino may be the first such player to emerge, and it show show great our need is for such a player and how decisive is the Liverpool management is to swoop swiftly for him.

The fact that he is available for the frankly incredibly low (by current standards) sum of 7.25 million GBP and that he is even able to play in the CL for this season makes signing him now a no-brainer.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: December 13, 2019, 04:01:15 am »

Due to the impending impact of Brexit, it is all the more important for us to sign more quality English players and there are no English players of 20 years and below who are having as high a current threshold and as high a potential ceiling as Jadon Sancho, with all due respect to Rhian Brewster. We need to sign up Sancho in preference to even a talent like Haaland to secure a quality understudy and eventual replacement for one of our triumvirate of world class forwards. Besides, his pace and dribbling skills and high assist ability makes him even more suitable than Haaland for the way we play as someone to zlot into either Salah or Mane's roles.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:50 am »
Due to the impending impact of Brexit, it is all the more important for us to sign more quality English players and there are no English players of 20 years and below who are having as high a current threshold and as high a potential ceiling as Jadon Sancho, with all due respect to Rhian Brewster. We need to sign up Sancho in preference to even a talent like Haaland to secure a quality understudy and eventual replacement for one of our triumvirate of world class forwards. Besides, his pace and dribbling skills and high assist ability makes him even more suitable than Haaland for the way we play as someone to zlot into either Salah or Mane's roles.

Sancho is Utd bound.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: December 13, 2019, 04:37:43 am »
Sancho is Utd bound.

I am inclined to believe that Chelsea will sign him.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #984 on: December 13, 2019, 04:53:56 am »
Sancho is Utd bound.

If we don't seriously go for him I would guess we have concerns about his attittude.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: December 13, 2019, 05:15:11 am »
If we don't seriously go for him I would guess we have concerns about his attittude.

Is Minomina a similar player? More likely we'd prefer to save the 80m+ if there's not a huge gap in talent/potential.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #986 on: December 13, 2019, 06:12:46 am »
Mbappe2020

Sancho2020

Minamino2020

Worrying Times ™
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #987 on: December 13, 2019, 06:24:11 am »
Is Minomina a similar player? More likely we'd prefer to save the 80m+ if there's not a huge gap in talent/potential.
Minomina is a similar player to Minamino.
Only slight phonetic differences
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #988 on: December 13, 2019, 06:39:11 am »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: December 13, 2019, 06:47:35 am »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: December 13, 2019, 06:58:21 am »
It sounds good but does anyone believe that story re release clause?

Big multi million turnover clubs can't find out about a clause but we can because of a special relationship. Surely his agent would have leaked it to interested clubs as they are all bigger and could pay more wages than RB Salzburg.

Mute point anyway. Hopefully we get this over the line. I enjoy watching him immensely from the two games we had.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: December 13, 2019, 07:00:42 am »

Haaland has a clause of 20m

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #993 on: December 13, 2019, 07:04:41 am »

Big multi million turnover clubs can't find out about a clause but we can because of a special relationship. Surely his agent would have leaked it to interested clubs as they are all bigger and could pay more wages than RB Salzburg.

Mute point anyway. Hopefully we get this over the line. I enjoy watching him immensely from the two games we had.

You mean moot? Or maybe it's a 'Moo' point, like a cow's opinion.  ;)

On a serious note, maybe they got the agent to keep it quiet so they could get him sold in future to Leipzig for that cheap release clause. We probably intervened and our relationship with them is good enough for them to give him up. Guessing.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #994 on: December 13, 2019, 07:08:37 am »
What a great game

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: December 13, 2019, 07:09:45 am »
Sancho is Utd bound.

The joys of playing in Europa League and fighting for the Top 6, developing under legendary manager OGS, playing alongside JLIngz, Fred, James (not the Colombian one).

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:10 am »
Sancho is Utd bound.

Why would any young player trying to improve and become world class go there to be under Solksjaer's management when he can become part of the best team in Europe and possibly the world (if we win the World Club title) under Klopp's management and guidance?

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: December 13, 2019, 07:18:19 am »

Coutinho can bear testimony to how joining a historically glamorous club at an inflated salary can rapidly become a nightmare, and why being part of a club which is successfully playing a system that is completely attuned to your own playing style is far better.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #998 on: December 13, 2019, 07:20:22 am »
Why would any young player trying to improve and become world class go there to be under Solksjaer's management when he can become part of the best team in Europe and possibly the world (if we win the World Club title) under Klopp's management and guidance?

Money.
Guaranteed start every week.
Big fish.
Can move on in 3 years.
Money.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: December 13, 2019, 07:24:36 am »
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/takumi-minamino-liverpool-transfer-news-salzburg-melissa-reddy-latest-a9243881.html

As well, the Echo is reporting how Liverpool had already been negotiating with Saltzburg to sign Minamino long before we beat them 2-0, so they were fully aware of how suitable he was even before Liverpool's senior players were encouraging Klopp to sign him after playing against him.

Which means that by the time the news broke, Liverpool had probably already reached agreement with his club and with his agent and that the signing was already in the bag. Edwards' stealth approach knocks another one out of the park!