Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1179870 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Labour should be highlighting just how batshit the current Tory party is to old Tory moderates, and making them the sane party.
This sounds extremely sensible. Needs to be a constant barrage otherwise it will be ignored by the media.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Agree….

But I suppose getting any level of nuance is almost impossible with as big a thing as the nhs

Doesn't really require any nuance to identify and pay junior doctors this same 3% raise.

Likewise identifying consultants in roles like those Clint outlined.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Doesn't really require any nuance to identify and pay junior doctors this same 3% raise.

Likewise identifying consultants in roles like those Clint outlined.
It would seem poor to give consultants on Covid icu nothing though…. Well paid? They need to have been…. To not give them anything when they are emotionally broken might not be a wise move…

I wonder how many more years it will be beifre I get a pay rise?  Really starts to bite after a couple of years…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It would seem poor to give consultants on Covid icu nothing though…. Well paid? They need to have been…. To not give them anything when they are emotionally broken might not be a wise move…

I wonder how many more years it will be beifre I get a pay rise?  Really starts to bite after a couple of years…

Who suggested giving them nothing? The examples of those not having the toughest ride were Dermatology Consultants and Orthopaedic Surgeons.

Department for Health and Social Care said 3% was a “recognition of the unique impact of the pandemic on the NHS”.

“NHS staff are rightly receiving a pay rise this year despite the wider public sector pay pause, in recognition of their extraordinary efforts,” said Sajid Javid, the health secretary.

Those example professions did not need to put in the extraordinary efforts of the example consultants above, which is the way the raise is being framed by the government apparently.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Interesting… all other public sector workers are getting nothing…..
There’s only so long you can give public sector workers shit pay before people don’t want to work in the public sector…

And we’ve had a bloody decade of it.

Yep and that’s just the direct impacts on employee.  Wider impacts on service users (general public) seen council budget cuts of over 30% as a result of austerity.  Practically this meant reduced or sometimes scrapped services.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46443700

And now some face bankruptcy

https://www.progressive-policy.net/press-releases/press-release-effective-bankruptcy-threatens-eight-out-of-ten-local-authorities-despite-government-covid-19-support

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Yaxley Lennon loses libel case against Syrian schoolboy and gets fined £100k…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-libel-jamal-hijazi-b1888660.html

Lol
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-libel-jamal-hijazi-b1888660.html

Lol

Excellent.

Is he still living as an asylum seeker himself?

His 'defence' sounded like Trump or one of his oddball followers:

"Where is your evidence that Mr Hijazi had assaulted girls and other pupils, Mr Robinson?"

"I have uncovered dozens of accounts of aggressive, abusive and deceitful behaviour by Mr Hijazi.”

"OK, may we see these accounts to verify them?"

"Er... I have uncovered dozens of accounts of aggressive, abusive and deceitful behaviour by Mr Hijazi."

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Yep and that’s just the direct impacts on employee.  Wider impacts on service users (general public) seen council budget cuts of over 30% as a result of austerity.  Practically this meant reduced or sometimes scrapped services.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46443700

And now some face bankruptcy

https://www.progressive-policy.net/press-releases/press-release-effective-bankruptcy-threatens-eight-out-of-ten-local-authorities-despite-government-covid-19-support

What is the real-world impact of a bankrupt council?
--edit -- (That sounds facetious, I kind of assume it means the govn't has to take over and \ or bail them out)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Bankrupt councils will reduce services to statutory minimums. Big impacts on social care for kids and adults who need it. More library closures. That kind of thing.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
Dawn Butler asked to leave the House for a day after accusing Bozo of lying to the house and refusing to withdraw the accusation.

IMO, Labour should do a coordinated stunt at some point. A succession of Labour MPs each highlight a different lie he's told then brand him a liar and get expelled.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
In other news, the Police Federation have issued a statement saying they have no confidence in Himmler Patel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57933129

They're late to the party, but welcome additions nonetheless

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Dawn Butler asked to leave the House for a day after accusing Bozo of lying to the house and refusing to withdraw the accusation.

IMO, Labour should do a coordinated stunt at some point. A succession of Labour MPs each highlight a different lie he's told then brand him a liar and get expelled.

One of those things which only makes the news because it's rare, isn't it? Risking turning it into a normal stunt in Parliament would seem counterproductive. Dawn Butler's made her point, and it's a fair one on being the wrong end of a huge government majority, and on Johnson will continue.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
One of those things which only makes the news because it's rare, isn't it? Risking turning it into a normal stunt in Parliament would seem counterproductive. Dawn Butler's made her point, and it's a fair one on being the wrong end of a huge government majority, and on Johnson will continue.

Currently top trend on Twitter and will probably lead the news. Great publicity on this occasion to expose Boris as a charlatan.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In other news, the Police Federation have issued a statement saying they have no confidence in Himmler Patel.

So at some point they did have confidence in Patel?  Truth lands at the door of all eventually.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan

Any MP who doesn't get kicked out at least once for speaking truth to power, isn't worth their salt.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Any MP who doesn't get kicked out at least once for speaking truth to power, isn't worth their salt.

George Galloway agrees with that. As does the Reverend Ian Paisley. Gesture politicians, both!

Very few MPs have been "kicked out" for what they said. Dennis Skinner is the only one to have been kicked out more than once. He got his marching order 4 times. But the man who lost Bolsover to the Tories was the absolute quintessence of a gesture politician. Best remembered for calling for a General Strike in support of the miners in '84 when he couldn't even get the Bolsover colliers to join the pit strike. "Truth to Power" indeed.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan

They definitely did that multiple times with May and she ended up as PM...

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

Lol

Claiming he's bankrupt. Hope the court give his financial dealings a very thorough going over because if he's just parked assets in someone else's name then they can insist what he owes comes out of that. If he is genuinely bankrupt then I hope the court asks after his expensive habits.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Claiming he's bankrupt. Hope the court give his financial dealings a very thorough going over because if he's just parked assets in someone else's name then they can insist what he owes comes out of that. If he is genuinely bankrupt then I hope the court asks after his expensive habits.
Legal fees are much higher apparently ….

The coward’s way out is to claim bankruptcy….

A shame there is no debtors prison in his case
W

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why is there a new poll each time I come in here? Fucking Andy.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Excellent.

Is he still living as an asylum seeker himself?

His 'defence' sounded like Trump or one of his oddball followers:

"Where is your evidence that Mr Hijazi had assaulted girls and other pupils, Mr Robinson?"

"I have uncovered dozens of accounts of aggressive, abusive and deceitful behaviour by Mr Hijazi.”

"OK, may we see these accounts to verify them?"

"Er... I have uncovered dozens of accounts of aggressive, abusive and deceitful behaviour by Mr Hijazi."

It was very My Pillow Guy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
George Galloway agrees with that. As does the Reverend Ian Paisley. Gesture politicians, both!

Very few MPs have been "kicked out" for what they said. Dennis Skinner is the only one to have been kicked out more than once. He got his marching order 4 times. But the man who lost Bolsover to the Tories was the absolute quintessence of a gesture politician. Best remembered for calling for a General Strike in support of the miners in '84 when he couldn't even get the Bolsover colliers to join the pit strike. "Truth to Power" indeed.

I remember Dennis Skinner being barred from the house for a day's session calling Cameron, dodgy Dave, ;D another occasion he called 50% on members opposite that are corrupt, told he had to withdraw the comment, so came back with 50% of members opposite that aren't corrupt. ;D  The commons does have some weird archaic rules on what you can & can't say
#Sausages

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Legal fees are much higher apparently ….

The coward’s way out is to claim bankruptcy….

A shame there is no debtors prison in his case

He can claim bankruptcy to this judge, but doesnt he actually have to have an official court ruling to that effect?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
He can claim bankruptcy to this judge, but doesnt he actually have to have an official court ruling to that effect?
I’d imagine so.
W

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
I remember Dennis Skinner being barred from the house for a day's session calling Cameron, dodgy Dave, ;D another occasion he called 50% on members opposite that are corrupt, told he had to withdraw the comment, so came back with 50% of members opposite that aren't corrupt. ;D  The commons does have some weird archaic rules on what you can & can't say

Bastard, blackguard, coward, deceptive, dodgy, drunk, falsehoods, git, guttersnipe, hooligan, hypocrite, idiot, ignoramus, liar, pipsqueak, rat, slimy, sod, squirt, stoolpigeon, swine, tart, traitor and wart.

Edit: This isn't something I was walking around with knowledge of, I learnt it this morning here: https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/07/23/dawn-butler-kicked-out-of-commons-for-calling-boris-johnson-a-liar/
Believer

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Bastard, blackguard, coward, deceptive, dodgy, drunk, falsehoods, git, guttersnipe, hooligan, hypocrite, idiot, ignoramus, liar, pipsqueak, rat, slimy, sod, squirt, stoolpigeon, swine, tart, traitor and wart.

Edit: This isn't something I was walking around with knowledge of, I learnt it this morning here: https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/07/23/dawn-butler-kicked-out-of-commons-for-calling-boris-johnson-a-liar/
It's like a politics version of that game, was it called Taboo?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
It's like a politics version of that game, was it called Taboo?

;D yep!
Believer

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Currently top trend on Twitter and will probably lead the news. Great publicity on this occasion to expose Boris as a charlatan.

Yeah, it's effective when done as rarely as it is. Less convinced that anyone is sticking it to the man by going round telling the country the Tories have only improved the economy by 20% rather than the 73% claimed. The underlying point there is spot on, the words most people will hear however are "improved by 20%". Win some, lose some though.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Much prefer this new poll!

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan

See he went for the Michael Scott approach. Nice.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Can this be organised please?

Philip Pullman
@PhilipPullman
Each day one member of the House of Commons - they can take it in turn - should denounce Johnson as a liar. It might force the House, or the Speaker, to do something about the man and hold him to account.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan

Philip Pullman
@PhilipPullman
Each day one member of the House of Commons - they can take it in turn - should denounce Johnson as a liar. It might force the House, or the Speaker, to do something about the man and hold him to account.
What would be the point?

Everyone who matters already thinks he’s a liar. Even people on his own side do.  This isn’t effective opposition this is publicising ones virtues (ones I agree with of course, but that’s not the point).

Why does this matter?  Well most focus groups say Labour is negative and preachy.  For me, this would only reinforce that perception and would change literally no one’s mind about Johnson.

So Johnson’s a liar?  Well it’s hardly a well kept secret is it? 

Labour needs to positively frame their message.  Get big Jurg in to do a bit of work with them! (Actually, I think he’d be brilliant at it.  Just what the Labour Party needs!).
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Much prefer this new poll!

Yeah, the Yougov one looks a lot like the Survation one the other day. Bit of encouragement for Labour. Still looks like a 6 point Tory lead though at the moment across all the polls, which is narrowing down again from the vaccination bounce and them looking halfway competent on the back of the NHS getting jabs in arms. Suspect it would narrow further in a general election campaign. See where it's at come autumn, when the spending cuts are going to be harder to hide, and then spring next year for the lead in to a potential election.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Yeah, the Yougov one looks a lot like the Survation one the other day. Bit of encouragement for Labour. Still looks like a 6 point Tory lead though at the moment across all the polls, which is narrowing down again from the vaccination bounce and them looking halfway competent on the back of the NHS getting jabs in arms. Suspect it would narrow further in a general election campaign. See where it's at come autumn, when the spending cuts are going to be harder to hide, and then spring next year for the lead in to a potential election.

That's a big swing in the YouGov poll though, which usually shows the strongest Tory lead. And all 3 progressive parties with increased support rather than support just switching between them.

These 2 polls will be making Johnson nervous. Tories won't hesitate to knife him the second he begins to look like an electoral liability.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Think he meant the one at the top of the page ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Think he meant the one at the top of the page ;D

Doh. Sorry. Had missed Andy A changing that again.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
That's a big swing in the YouGov poll though, which usually shows the strongest Tory lead. And all 3 progressive parties with increased support rather than support just switching between them.

These 2 polls will be making Johnson nervous. Tories won't hesitate to knife him the second he begins to look like an electoral liability.

Yep, reading the Guardian this morning re. Cummings’ relentless expose of Johnson and his ramshackle and ‘u’ turn tendencies; it’s surely a question of when not if.

Question then becomes who his likely successor is. The current chancellor is many’s favourite, but it wouldn’t surprise this observer should Hunt get it. One hope is that it would also be the end for Patel, Williamson, Raab et al.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Philip Pullman
@PhilipPullman
Ive no problem with calling Johnson and a few others liars but it has to be backed up with a solid argument later on, I think you also have to explain why Johnsons lies differ from all other politicians as Johnson etc supporters attitude to hearing these accusations is a shrug of the shoulders reply. "All politicians lie"
This argument has to be overcome. the difference with politicians like Johnson and the MPs who stretch the truth or make claims that turn out to be untrue. maybe down to a matter of opinion is Johnson deliberately thinks up a claim out of thin air to deceive the public with a claim he knows to be untrue.
There are many examples of Johnson doing this, the most annoying for me is his malicious attack on the EU when he claimed the EU passed a law prohibiting children under 8 or 9 from blowing up balloons.
Johnson deliberately set out to make up a pack of lies to stir up anger from British parents.
So people defending Johnson or Trump etc have to be shown the difference from the odd MP who stretches the truth or a MP who may even lie to cover up a embarrassing situation as these MPs never set out to deceive by thinking up claims they knew to be untrue to deceive the public into supporting their aims and policies.  I would like to see any MP accusing Johnson for lying also make the comparison to Trump and how Johnson and Trump are so similar when it comes to lies.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf