Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension  (Read 889626 times)

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.
« Reply #5400 on: February 2, 2024, 07:05:24 am »
Just watching KC Image works latest video and the concrete terracing to go in the corner has arrived.

could you send a link to the video?
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5401 on: February 2, 2024, 07:53:02 am »
could you send a link to the video?
https://youtu.be/PyOWXejF3iU?si=Ar5MfaRaLTK1_ZgG

No problem.  :thumbup

The concrete pieces are on the flatbed wagon at around 6 minutes in. The driver shows KC an image of what they are for at just after 14 minutes, near the end of the video.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 08:00:55 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #5402 on: February 2, 2024, 12:18:43 pm »
https://youtu.be/PyOWXejF3iU?si=Ar5MfaRaLTK1_ZgG

No problem.  :thumbup

The concrete pieces are on the flatbed wagon at around 6 minutes in. The driver shows KC an image of what they are for at just after 14 minutes, near the end of the video.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PyOWXejF3iU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PyOWXejF3iU</a>

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5403 on: February 2, 2024, 01:08:14 pm »
Thanks Terry. I always mess it up when trying to embed videos using my phone, so I just post links instead now.  :-[
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5404 on: February 2, 2024, 01:11:35 pm »
Thanks Terry. I always mess it up when trying to embed videos using my phone, so I just post links instead now.  :-[
No worries mate. My OCD always kicks in when I see YouTube links that are not embedded.  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5405 on: February 2, 2024, 01:20:02 pm »
No worries mate. My OCD always kicks in when I see YouTube links that are not embedded.  ;D
My OCD too. 😃

I'll often embed a link for someone too, when I'm on the PC. It's always nice to be helpful, but there is the old OCD as well.  :D

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #5406 on: February 3, 2024, 09:42:06 am »
My OCD too. 😃

I'll often embed a link for someone too, when I'm on the PC. It's always nice to be helpful, but there is the old OCD as well.  :D
OCD is normal. Anyone who tells you it isn’t, clearly has OCD.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5407 on: February 3, 2024, 09:44:39 am »
Just watching KC Image works latest video and the concrete terracing to go in the corner has arrived.

They’re filling in the corners!

At last an outbreak of common sense. :D

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #5408 on: February 3, 2024, 12:24:15 pm »
Is Anfield Road still closed to the public on non match days?
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline JamesLB

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5409 on: February 4, 2024, 11:16:37 am »
What's the likelihood the stand is finished during the playing season?

Would be great for Klopp to fist pump to a full stadium without one whole part missing it's  'middle'.

I feel he deserves that.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5410 on: February 5, 2024, 01:40:48 am »
Wen Sir Kenny extension?

Wen Kop extension?

SKD needs 5 tiers, an underground brewery, and a direct cable car link from lime street.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5411 on: February 5, 2024, 10:55:32 am »
Wen Sir Kenny extension?

Wen Kop extension?

SKD needs 5 tiers, an underground brewery, and a direct cable car link from lime street.

The brewery would still be 1000 students endlessly opening and pouring warm bottles of Carlsberg into a vat.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5412 on: February 5, 2024, 02:08:29 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1754505459149439212

#LFC set to break club record for biggest home league crowd in their history when Burnley visit Anfield on Saturday.
Upper tier of redeveloped Anfield Road stand will be fully open – boosting capacity to 60,000.
Extra 3,000 seats on sale tomorrow.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5413 on: February 5, 2024, 02:09:50 pm »
Nice.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5414 on: February 5, 2024, 02:23:05 pm »
Oh it's fully operational.  :o

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5415 on: February 5, 2024, 02:27:23 pm »
So no test event for this at all?

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5416 on: February 5, 2024, 02:28:46 pm »
So just the final few to go in the lower corner by the away fans after this and we'll be up to total full capacity ? Amazing stuff.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5417 on: February 5, 2024, 02:30:35 pm »
So no test event for this at all?

We had one back in December.

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5418 on: February 5, 2024, 02:41:46 pm »
We had one back in December.

From offcial site. Sounds like some sorta test event but without fans

This will, however, be subject of further internal emergency conditions tests, managed in conjunction with Liverpool City Council, which will take place later this week.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5419 on: February 5, 2024, 02:49:11 pm »
Oh it's fully operational.  :o

Huh... I read that in the Emperor's voice ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5420 on: February 5, 2024, 02:52:02 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1754505459149439212

#LFC set to break club record for biggest home league crowd in their history when Burnley visit Anfield on Saturday.
Upper tier of redeveloped Anfield Road stand will be fully open – boosting capacity to 60,000.
Extra 3,000 seats on sale tomorrow.

Burnley will forever be able to say that they smashed a 100+ year old Anfield attendance record. The alure of seeing Nathan Redmond in the flesh sent ticket demand through the roof
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5421 on: February 5, 2024, 03:23:40 pm »
So just the final few to go in the lower corner by the away fans after this and we'll be up to total full capacity ? Amazing stuff.

Back few rows of the lower tier still blocked off plus new disabled platform up there.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5422 on: February 5, 2024, 04:29:16 pm »
Finally about to hit 60k. Although still insufficient it does feel like a landmark moment since this was the planned capacity of a proposed new stadium all those years ago. We achieved it and stayed at Anfield by extending just two stands.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #5423 on: February 5, 2024, 04:56:48 pm »
Wen Sir Kenny extension?

Wen Kop extension?

Hmmm - that's tempting for Meady....

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5424 on: February 6, 2024, 05:14:33 pm »
Hmmm - that's tempting for Meady....

Unfortunately I’ve let the internet bastards even knock the fun out of the stadium build for me.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5425 on: February 7, 2024, 08:00:28 am »
Burnley will forever be able to say that they smashed a 100+ year old Anfield attendance record. The alure of seeing Nathan Redmond in the flesh sent ticket demand through the roof

Will only be the highest league attendance. Had just over 61,900 for a FA cup match vs Wolves so that will remain the all time highest attendance. If we can add a few more seats to the kop then we should be able to beat that in the coming years.
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5426 on: February 8, 2024, 10:02:41 pm »
I wonder what our biggest ever crowd actually is.  St Etienne was totally rammed and clearly well over the official 55000.  We must have topped 61000 on several occasions.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5427 on: February 8, 2024, 10:38:59 pm »
I wonder what our biggest ever crowd actually is.  St Etienne was totally rammed and clearly well over the official 55000.  We must have topped 61000 on several occasions.
I'd love to know. St. Etienne, Barcelona and a couple derbies in the 70s were way over capacity for sure. There's probably a lot more examples people will remember too.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5429 on: February 9, 2024, 10:34:51 am »

Our official highest attendance is 61,905 v Wolves in 1952 in the FA Cup.

Either Spurs in 82 or Villa in 83 when we won the league at the game (I lean towards Villa), the Kop was jam packed that day, I reckon we were pushing 60k that day
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5430 on: February 9, 2024, 01:02:21 pm »
I'd love to know. St. Etienne, Barcelona and a couple derbies in the 70s were way over capacity for sure. There's probably a lot more examples people will remember too.

I can think of two others. Both 'title deciders'. Leeds Utd, Easter 1973. Ipswich Town April 1977. I was in the Annie Road for the first and on the Kop for the second. Both terraces were rammed. The Ipswich game in particular was severely full. I was one of the last on because I'd been waiting - in vain - by the flagpole to see if my mate got in who I'd had got separated from in the crush on Kemlyn road. He remained outside, along with about 25,000 others. When I entered the ground from under 'The Pulpit', the gangway was packed - no way through. I started to push my way down on to the lower half of the terrace and an angry bloke pushed me back with a "No chance". There was a real resistance from people there to let anyone through. I got nowhere near my usual spec and pretty much stayed where I was on the wings. But it was packed there too. I spent the next hour from 2 to 3 in a constant surge, back and forth, as people pushed their way in and out of the terrace. Absolutely knackering to be doing that for so long (it settled down, as it always did, during the match when the surges became much more predictable - near misses, corners etc).

I've still got the match programme from the next home game and the attendance, unusually, is sort of 'written' in rather than typed in the usual way. It's 56,007. A bloody joke.

That was the last season of 56,000s. When we came back in August they'd put fences up at the front of the Kop, added more crush barriers, built bulky wooden boxes around the pillars to stop people climbing into the roof and reduced the capacity from 28,000 (on the Kop) to 24,000. It was packed in the 80s on occasions, but it was never that packed again.

The sound of that 1977 title decider remains with me to this day. The ref had a lot to do with it of course. Never heard a crowd so ferocious again.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5431 on: February 9, 2024, 02:53:33 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1755960992859619501

As expected, Liverpool City Council’s safety advisory group has granted a safety certificate for an extra 2,421 fans in upper tier of Anfield Road - starting with game v Burnley tomorrow.
Ground capacity now up to 60,725.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5432 on: February 9, 2024, 05:11:48 pm »
St. Etienne match was mental.
I reckon there was 40,000 plus just on the Kop.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5434 on: February 9, 2024, 10:54:12 pm »
I can think of two others. Both 'title deciders'. Leeds Utd, Easter 1973. Ipswich Town April 1977. I was in the Annie Road for the first and on the Kop for the second. Both terraces were rammed. The Ipswich game in particular was severely full. I was one of the last on because I'd been waiting - in vain - by the flagpole to see if my mate got in who I'd had got separated from in the crush on Kemlyn road. He remained outside, along with about 25,000 others. When I entered the ground from under 'The Pulpit', the gangway was packed - no way through. I started to push my way down on to the lower half of the terrace and an angry bloke pushed me back with a "No chance". There was a real resistance from people there to let anyone through. I got nowhere near my usual spec and pretty much stayed where I was on the wings. But it was packed there too. I spent the next hour from 2 to 3 in a constant surge, back and forth, as people pushed their way in and out of the terrace. Absolutely knackering to be doing that for so long (it settled down, as it always did, during the match when the surges became much more predictable - near misses, corners etc).

I've still got the match programme from the next home game and the attendance, unusually, is sort of 'written' in rather than typed in the usual way. It's 56,007. A bloody joke.

That was the last season of 56,000s. When we came back in August they'd put fences up at the front of the Kop, added more crush barriers, built bulky wooden boxes around the pillars to stop people climbing into the roof and reduced the capacity from 28,000 (on the Kop) to 24,000. It was packed in the 80s on occasions, but it was never that packed again.

The sound of that 1977 title decider remains with me to this day. The ref had a lot to do with it of course. Never heard a crowd so ferocious again.
I know I wasn't at the Leeds game, but was probably at the Ipswich one. It's odd, I went to most home games back then but only remember certain ones.  :rollseyes

One I struggled with in the Kop was one of the Anfield derbies in 1976. The 3-1 win, not the 1-0 Fairclough derby. The 1-0 was an early kick-off due to the Grand National being the same day, and the attendance was just under 55,000. There were a lot more in for the 3-1, and I remember the constant swaying and avalanching from the top down, long before kick-off time. I was very close to breaking my arm on a barrier. I swear I felt the bone bend. I wasn't sure I'd make it through that game. It was heaving. Definitely seemed to be more in than the reported 55,141. For much of the time my feet never even touched the terrace. It was pretty scary.

I remember the pillars getting boxed in. I was always amazed that no one fell from the rafters onto the Kop below. All the urchins up there like monkeys.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5435 on: February 9, 2024, 10:57:27 pm »
St. Etienne match was mental.
I reckon there was 40,000 plus just on the Kop.
It was. I was in the middle, between the pillars and slightly to the right as you look from the terrace. Utter bedlam, but my favorite ever game. Insane.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5436 on: February 10, 2024, 10:35:48 am »
Anfield is what makes us unique but it's held us back a bit as well over the years. First 60k home crowd for generations is mad for one of the biggest clubs. Last 20 years we'd have got 70k regularly and got more of the next generation in. If we'd have left though the capacity wasn't going to be huge at Stanley Park or in another acceptable location.

We've done well with these two stands after the botched and cheap job in the 90s   Should have a plan at least for the other two stands.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5437 on: February 10, 2024, 11:13:24 am »
I think there have only even two official gates over 61,000 at Anfield. The record, which Rob posted earlier, was v Wolves in the cup in 1952. Can anyone guess the team for the other one (also in the FA Cup)?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5438 on: February 10, 2024, 11:39:36 am »
I doubt today will be the actual league attendance record even though it probably will go down as it. They must be made up to finally see it done for the matchday revenue.

It does look great though. Outside of getting Klopp it's the best thing the ownership have done, getting another 15000 seats in the same ground. All those times I remember seeing crap futuristic stadium designs in the Echo in the mid 2000s and getting depressed, I never believed we could improve Anfield like this. Wish it was far less corporate/hospitality minded but as far as I know there was never much organised pushback on it from the fan groups, it was very predictable that it'd be like this and now it'll be hard to get them to go back on it, shame really.

Sets the club up very nicely for the future though. I've loved every iteration of Anfield I've seen and regular 60 thousand crowds is the least of what we deserve. Each stand looks different yet they all seem to go together strangely well.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5439 on: February 10, 2024, 01:35:58 pm »
It was. I was in the middle, between the pillars and slightly to the right as you look from the terrace. Utter bedlam, but my favorite ever game. Insane.
I wouldn't have been standing a million miles away from you.
That was our regular spec back in the day.