Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 151373 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #2600 on: January 4, 2024, 10:08:14 am »
Are there any deals for a PS Plus subscription?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2601 on: January 4, 2024, 07:09:12 pm »
Are there any deals for a PS Plus subscription?

Not a the minute. But you can get £100 in credit for £88 from cdkeys

https://www.cdkeys.com/winter-sale/playstation-network-psn-card-100-gbp

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2602 on: February 1, 2024, 03:58:16 pm »
What did people think of the State of Play - I thought it was excellent personally - Rise of the Ronin, Dragons Dogma 2, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade all looked awesome and we've got FF7 Rebirth next week to look forward too

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: February 1, 2024, 06:01:43 pm »
What did people think of the State of Play - I thought it was excellent personally - Rise of the Ronin, Dragons Dogma 2, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade all looked awesome and we've got FF7 Rebirth next week to look forward too

Yeah it was a really solid show. Also interesting to see Kojima working on something else new with Sony.

I'm actually looking forward to Helldivers 2, got it pre ordered and a few friends to play with on day one. Hopefully it's good

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2604 on: February 2, 2024, 10:19:43 am »
I think the 4 you have mentioned are the same that I fancy playing. I have still never played death stranding and I don't really know why. I heard people either love it or hate it and I suppose that put me off but I need to give it a go I think. Dragons dogma 2 just looks great every time I see it. I'll probably give foamstars a go next week seen as it's free too. to be honest i thought It was an impressive state of play considering it didn't have any of the first party studios there. Sony have managed to get some great exclusive deals for some games  there

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2605 on: February 2, 2024, 11:53:24 am »

Thought it was really good, very excited for Rise of Ronin and for Kojima's new MGS but not MGS IP... that could be cool... I still have not tried Death Stranding but as it's free now I think I will :-)

Dragon's Dogma 2 looks class but I never played the first one, tried recently but looks so aged and plays poorly I thought. Stellar Blade also a title I am keen on.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: February 5, 2024, 11:25:45 am »
Seems Xbox's multiplatform initative is incoming. Stuff like Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, Starfield and Indiana Jones specifically mentioned. But also whispers of pretty much everything coming to PS5 and Switch/Switch 2 down the line.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2607 on: February 5, 2024, 12:13:01 pm »
Fuck yes this means I won't have to get an Xbox for Fallout 5 when it's released in 20 years time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: February 5, 2024, 12:21:43 pm »
Now do it the other way.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2609 on: February 5, 2024, 01:07:02 pm »
To be honest I hope sony follow suit at least with a few titles. It is just way better for the consumer if we can buy our console of choice and get a bigger selection of games.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: February 5, 2024, 01:13:52 pm »
It was inevitable. They need to sell games after big acquisitions and since Gamepass subs have stalled it only makes sense.

They'll be no Xbox mid gen refresh either so PS5 Pro will definitely be the place to play console games over the next few years

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: February 5, 2024, 01:21:09 pm »
Obviously stuff change all the time. But I doubt Sony is gonna put their stuff on Xbox or Switch when their games consistently sell well. And their games still are system sellers too.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: February 5, 2024, 01:26:10 pm »
Which games are coming to Playstation? I've got an Xbox just for Flight Simulator, would love it if that was on PS.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: February 5, 2024, 01:27:31 pm »
Which games are coming to Playstation? I've got an Xbox just for Flight Simulator, would love it if that was on PS.

So far from various places Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves and Indiana Jones has been mentioned. I've seen Flight Simulator too, so probably will come to Playstation too. Some people even thinking Halo.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: February 5, 2024, 01:28:18 pm »

That's rumoured.

Lots of Bethesda stuff too.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2615 on: February 5, 2024, 01:29:20 pm »
Gaming doesn't feel as exciting anymore since Microsoft isn't as important. It seems like Game Pass could just be on Sony's PS5, and Microsoft might stop making consoles. In the past, there used to be a big gaming competition, but now things are changing, with Nintendo just sticking to their market of a few exclusives and party games, Sony feels like the only thing relevant now.

I really enjoyed the 360 vs PS3 era. I feel like competition is actually good, but Microsoft is hopeless now. Sony is going to dominate now, which may not be a good thing. They can just rest on their laurels and i'm already kind of getting bored with all the movie blockbuster-like exclusive games they release; everything just feels the same.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2024, 01:41:02 pm by Vegeta »
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: February 5, 2024, 01:48:23 pm »
Gaming doesn't feel as exciting anymore since Microsoft isn't as important. It seems like Game Pass could just be on Sony's PS5, and Microsoft might stop making consoles. In the past, there used to be a big gaming competition, but now things are changing, with Nintendo just sticking to their market of a few exclusives and party games, Sony feels like the only thing relevant now.

I really enjoyed the 360 vs PS3 era. I feel like competition is actually good, but Microsoft is hopeless now. Sony is going to dominate now, which may not be a good thing. They can just rest on their laurels and i'm already kind of getting bored with all the movie blockbuster-like exclusive games they release; everything just feels the same.

Sadly this will probably lead to Sony making stuff more expensive, more anti consumer stuff etc.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: February 5, 2024, 02:18:48 pm »
What seems to be the problem with MS? I’ve had my first ever Xbox this generation (skipped PS4, had PS 1-3). Decided to go with it after I saw how ugly PS5 is (it is the ugliest console ever).

Might easily be the best console I’ve ever had this Series S. Cheap, powerful enough, looks great, backward compatible, shit ton of available games, amazing deals where you can get really good discounts and best controller I’ve ever used in MS Elite. Pretty much perfect console. What am I missing here? Sony has few exclusives and VR.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2618 on: February 5, 2024, 02:27:42 pm »
Don't think their exclusives this generation has come close to Playstation's to be honest. That's the problem.

I mean the big-hitters at least, I'm sure there's lower-profile titles have been good, but has Halo:Infinite or Forza 5 or Flight Sim been good enough to get people to buy the console? I don't think so at least. Which is sad, because I've had every Xbox since the 360, and I've used the Series X a lot more to play older games than current-gen games
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: February 5, 2024, 02:32:04 pm »
Fair point, but I don’t think it matters to everyone. Out of two Sony generations, there are two exclusives I’d like to play - Bloodborne and Ghost of Tsushima. That’s it.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: February 5, 2024, 02:33:10 pm »
Lots of factors really.

- They ballsed up the wrong generation to balls up. The last one, when peoples digital libraries were set so a lot of people with PS4 wanna continue on the PS5.

- The lack of must have exclusives. Plus the fact they launch day and date with PC too makes it probably a less attractive proposition.

- The Xbox brand just isn't very strong throughout the world. Even in previously strong markets like US and the UK it's losing ground.

- 2 generations in a row they've had confusing naming too. Which probably makes it tougher for casuals to understand whats what.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2621 on: February 5, 2024, 02:41:54 pm »
Seems that me skipping the last generation made it easy to ditch Sony. Fuck Sony really, will never forgive them for killing Vita the way they did (saying that if they ever make a new handheld I’m in - Day 1😁).

As for MS, I think the hardware, platform and Gamepass are all pretty good. They have some good stuff going for them. Will they bother in the future? Who knows.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: February 5, 2024, 06:17:09 pm »
Just feels like Sony have had a lot more "console seller" type exclusives over the last couple of generations. That's probably led to these execs at MS realising there's not much economic sense in spending crazy amounts acquiring other companies and then limiting your install base especially when the competition is so far ahead of you.

Plus the long term sustainability of gamepass was probably dependent on them capturing the market but the stalling numbers show that the appetite just isn't there for people to go all in on subscription services.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: February 5, 2024, 08:26:37 pm »
Set to be announced next week:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1754598552548904973

We're listening and we hear you. We've been planning a business update event for next week, where we look forward to sharing more details with you about our vision for the future of Xbox. Stay tuned.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: February 6, 2024, 04:33:44 pm »
Guys

Bought a new PS5 controller last July because my previous controller was getting severe stick drift on the left-hand joystick. (pulling to the left)

The new controller has now started doing exactly the same.

Does anyone know if there is a guarantee on these things?  I'm pretty pissed off and don't fancy shelling out 60 quid (again!)

ta

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #2625 on: February 6, 2024, 04:38:42 pm »
Guys

Bought a new PS5 controller last July because my previous controller was getting severe stick drift on the left-hand joystick. (pulling to the left)

Does anyone know if there is a guarantee on these things?  I'm pretty pissed off and don't fancy shelling out 60 quid (again!)

ta

It was a few years ago now but I had to contact Sony about a faulty PS4 controller. For that the warranty was 1 year. I sent it to them with the proof of purchase and they repaired it after about 3 weeks.

May have more info here https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/warranties/ps5/

I can't actually open the link as the office I'm working in has Sony blocked for some reason.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2626 on: February 6, 2024, 05:24:28 pm »
Guys

ta

Although i have a PS4 i'm on my 3rd controller in 2 years because of the stick drift issue [£50 a head too], apparently their could be a fix, [could be too much dust getting inside the controller causing the issues], but means taking apart the whole controller which could be a pain in the arse.
#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: February 6, 2024, 05:31:36 pm »
Guys

ta
i got my old ps4 controller fixed for free by Sony on warranty (was within a year) and tbf they were great with it (quick, no postage costs). had to navigate their site a bit (its changed since) but worth the time since theyre not cheap)

hopefully same applies with PS5 controller. i know early in the ps5 days it was a known issue so people got replacements pretty no-fuss, hopefully still the case now.

you might just need some documentation of the purchase/dates and if you have the box of the broken one still then even better (assuming its got serial numbers).

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: February 6, 2024, 06:19:47 pm »
Guys

ta

Get on the Sony website and book it in for repair, did my lads about a year ago for nothing, very little questions asked, not sure if they repaired or replaced but I was very impressed with the service.

https://repairs.playstation.com/s/request-repair?id=4&locale=en-gb&language=en_GB

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #2629 on: February 6, 2024, 07:28:57 pm »
At this point why doesn't MS just turn the Xbox into a gaming PC?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2630 on: February 7, 2024, 12:04:11 am »
Cheers lads will look at returning the newest one to Sony.  Still got the order email from Argos as proof of purchase.

Thanks to YouTube I had the old one taken apart earlier and now know how to clean it. Still got same shitty stick drift though

Obviously not going to open up the new one.

Thanks again

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: February 7, 2024, 12:24:04 am »
FF7 Rebirth demo is out now.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: February 7, 2024, 12:31:38 am »

https://repairs.playstation.com/s/request-repair?id=4&locale=en-gb&language=en_GB

Thanks so much Lance man.

That was so damn easy. Already got my free return label etc from Sony.

Lovely stuff.   Not my words Lance, the words of Shakin Stevens.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: February 7, 2024, 02:19:57 am »
At this point why doesn't MS just turn the Xbox into a gaming PC?
I think this is what they'll end up doing, but backwards compatibility will be difficult to pull off, and there's also the risk of piracy. Steam will also eat their lunch unless they somehow make it Xbox store only, and PC gamers who they would hope to court really don't like the Xbox store.

Interesting times ahead though, some of the MS ITKs are backtracking now, and others are saying that MS are planning on launching new hardware soon including a Switch-like hybrid.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: February 7, 2024, 02:00:23 pm »
I think this is what they'll end up doing, but backwards compatibility will be difficult to pull off, and there's also the risk of piracy. Steam will also eat their lunch unless they somehow make it Xbox store only, and PC gamers who they would hope to court really don't like the Xbox store.

Interesting times ahead though, some of the MS ITKs are backtracking now, and others are saying that MS are planning on launching new hardware soon including a Switch-like hybrid.

Their walled hardware ecosystem remains too small i suspect for the execs (about half the size of Sony's),hardware doesn't make them money,their exclusive titles aren't selling enough consoles to make the ecosystem big enough and game development costs have ballooned.

Pure speculation but i think they'll spin off the gaming division at some point in the near future keeping a share of it and put more money to some 'next big thing' like AI or something like that.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: February 7, 2024, 02:07:33 pm »
Their walled hardware ecosystem remains too small i suspect for the execs (about half the size of Sony's),hardware doesn't make them money,their exclusive titles aren't selling enough consoles to make the ecosystem big enough and game development costs have ballooned.

Pure speculation but i think they'll spin off the gaming division at some point in the near future keeping a share of it and put more money to some 'next big thing' like AI or something like that.

They are pushing AI hard yeah.

Apparently this upcoming announcement completely blindsided the Xbox division and it's coming straight from MS.

From a Playstation perspective I don't think it's as easy as just saying "oh yeah we'll have these Xbox games on PS". Some titles like Forza compete with GT. Also you wouldn't want any old shite like Redfall either. Some games make sense, others don't.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: February 7, 2024, 02:22:35 pm »
They're already investing big into AI, but that's separate from Gaming where there's a lot of growth opportunity that they'll want to focus on. They've spent a fuckton on Gaming over the last few years, including the biggest ever tech acquisition that they're still fighting to complete now.

If they get out of hardware, I reckon they try to buy Valve in the future.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: February 7, 2024, 06:08:02 pm »
More games for more people is a good thing but it won't be a two way street. Sony won't be doing the same that's for certain

If MS do pull out of the console game then it's a very bad day for all gamers. Sony will then have a monopoly (Nintendo don't count, they do their own thing) and will be able to dictate pricing on consoles and on games

Interesting to see what comes out of this announcement whenever it is. Some people now pulling back on their rumours and saying MS are on track to launch new hardware by 2026 and a handheld so who the fuck knows what is happening

Xbox picked the worst generation to "lose" with the Xbox One when you look back on it. Handed Sony that generation and subsequent ones as well due to players' digital libraries being built up

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: February 7, 2024, 06:13:25 pm »
They're already investing big into AI, but that's separate from Gaming where there's a lot of growth opportunity that they'll want to focus on. They've spent a fuckton on Gaming over the last few years, including the biggest ever tech acquisition that they're still fighting to complete now.

If they get out of hardware, I reckon they try to buy Valve in the future.

They'd love to get that and for example Unreal Engine/Epic no doubt but reckon it'll not happen in the foreseeable.

They have to do something to radically grow Game Pass subscriber base though,and as you said just did what,an $80b acquisition.

I own the X console,not a Game Pass subscriber or a company fanboy as my gaming is very irregular and concentrates on a few titles these days,still hope there will be at least 2 'proper' console platforms in the future as competition is always good.

« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 08:16:19 pm by Tobelius »

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2639 on: February 7, 2024, 08:19:46 pm »
I often find modern gaming to be lacking in excitement. In contrast, previous generations seemed to offer a greater sense of enjoyment and variety. I remember a time when there were multiple wrestling games available for different consoles like Xbox, Nintendo, and PS2, each with its own unique charm. Additionally, there used to be a plethora of football games to choose from, providing diverse experiences for fans of the sport.

However, nowadays, sports games are inundated with microtransactions and feel like they prioritize profit over player experience. Furthermore, the development cycle for games has lengthened, and there's a prevailing emphasis on graphics above all else. While visually stunning, many of Sony's exclusives often feel more like cinematic experiences rather than truly engaging games.

In my opinion, the gaming industry has reached a plateau, and there's a lack of innovation that's truly captivating. This is why I believe that investing more in virtual reality (VR) could be the future of gaming. VR has the potential to offer immersive experiences that break free from the constraints of traditional gaming, reigniting the sense of excitement and wonder that seems to be lacking in the current landscape.
150 IQ never wrong.