Author Topic: The Apprentice 2019  (Read 13806 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Apprentice 2019
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2019, 01:17:36 pm »
I’ve spoken to two people that have appeared on two other ‘reality shows’ and was staggered by how much is planned and scripted. They’ll even re-film/re-enact scenes 4 or 5 times so the cameras pick up the desired effect.

Granted these shows weren’t the apprentice, but I’d be surprised if this was any different.

I enjoyed this show at first when it was semi-serious, then went off it when they started getting dickheads in. Now after years I’ve Started watching it again and am enjoying it for what it is, a light entertainment programme..

Yeah, I've read interviews from people who went on Don't Tell The Bride and they're practically told what kind of wedding they need to have. The producers will dismiss all of their ideas until they say something that they think will be entertaining, and if they choose a wedding dress or a venue that is similar to the description the bride has given, they will be told they cannot have it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2019, 02:53:21 pm »
I knew someone who had a bridal shop that they filmed Don’t Tell the Bride in. The producers asked them to pick out 4 or 5 dresses which didn’t match a certain description (what the bride wanted) and the producers also brought along 1 or 2 which were rank that the shop wouldn’t normally stock.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2019, 02:58:01 pm »
I hope that Ryan-Mark goes a long way - Superb comedy value

Why does Karen Brady always look like somebody has just guffed in her face?! You're a millionaire, just smile and lighten up you horrible miserable cow.

You’d look permanently pissed off if you’d just signed for Everton.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2019, 03:48:35 pm »
Ryan-Mark is awful. Brings absolutely nothing. Kicks up a shit storm over every decision so when all goes pear shaped he can say, ‘Well I told you’

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2019, 03:55:43 pm »
Ryan-Mark is awful. Brings absolutely nothing. Kicks up a shit storm over every decision so when all goes pear shaped he can say, ‘Well I told you’

Met a few like him before. Love to shout up and complain so they can say I told you so if it goes wrong, but if it doesn’t will be the first to take praise for it too.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2019, 04:01:17 pm »
How long before the cockney fella tells us he could sell ice to an Eskimo?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2019, 04:01:18 pm »

That's basically what this show is now. Painful to watch at times.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2019, 04:52:30 pm »
Love this show, it never gets old even after all these years.

Both teams we are pretty shit this year  ;D
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2019, 09:46:18 pm »
Fuck me, these teams are thick. Hope the Cockney wide boy goes but can see Alan Sugar liking him.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2019, 09:50:25 pm »
Loved the way the kids instantly saw right through all the problems with the products.

More sense in some 6 year olds than these idiots....

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2019, 09:52:21 pm »
Fuck me, these teams are thick. Hope the Cockney wide boy goes but can see Alan Sugar liking him.

I thought the Irish girl was quite lucky. I can't believe the first thing she said to the lads was basically I'm hiding you away, as you're no good. So much for team building. Neither team was impressive to be honest. Lotte could be in trouble.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2019, 09:53:24 pm »
Yep, I'd bin off Lottie out of these left.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2019, 09:55:24 pm »
Yep, I'd bin off Lottie out of these left.

Solomon is pretty useless too a very negative person.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2019, 09:56:47 pm »
I thought the Irish girl was quite lucky. I can't believe the first thing she said to the lads was basically I'm hiding you away, as you're no good.

If one of the guys did that...

Every week its edited to make you think the team that wins is going to lose. I don't understand how a unicorn in slime is any more mature than a talking turtle. The real losers this week are John Lewis for making people think they would really order that crap.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:00:00 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2019, 09:56:48 pm »
Pm should go here. That video was a farce and the product was clearly too young for 6-8 range.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 10:00:14 pm »

Every week its edited to make you think the team that wins is going to lose.

I would agree, she was lucky in so much as her team won otherwise I suspect that would really have been highlighted that comment a lot more. I think Lotte got out of jail there to be honest.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2019, 10:13:32 pm »

Every week its edited to make you think the team that wins is going to lose. I don't understand how a unicorn in slime is any more mature than a talking turtle. The real losers this week are John Lewis for making people think they would really order that crap.

I can assure you they absolutely would order crap like that.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2019, 09:06:38 am »

Outright sexism. Was surprised it didn’t get called out more. It certainly would have done if it was the other way round.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2019, 09:09:26 am »
Meh, having seen the first two weeks I can see why she wouldn't want any of the boys in any decision maker role. They've been utterly crap every week. Stands to reason you'd rather have someone you've worked with and seen what they can do.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2019, 01:09:25 pm »
By week three, there's usually a couple who stand out as potential finalists or winners. There are literally none so far this year. Worst crop ever. Still can't remember most of their names.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2019, 01:12:38 pm »
By week three, there's usually a couple who stand out as potential finalists or winners. There are literally none so far this year. Worst crop ever. Still can't remember most of their names.

Pretty sure we all said this last season too.  Some don't get any camera time until a few episodes in, don't remember Iasha saying a word until this toy task.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2019, 01:13:54 pm »
Meh, having seen the first two weeks I can see why she wouldn't want any of the boys in any decision maker role. They've been utterly crap every week. Stands to reason you'd rather have someone you've worked with and seen what they can do.

Don’t think that’s fair at all. She also didn’t explain it like that either - her thought was she wanted a woman as dep team leader.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2019, 01:24:45 pm »
Yeah if she'd explained to him that she'd worked with the girls team and was more comfortable with one of them leading the sub-team as she knew their strengths, then that would've been a solid explanation.  But that's not what happened, she just shut him down and said lol no boyz.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2019, 03:51:40 pm »
It was edited that way but who's the to say that's actually how the decision went down.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2019, 06:27:42 pm »
It was edited that way but who's the to say that's actually how the decision went down.

I’d guess his reaction was probably a good indication.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2019, 06:33:50 pm »

The whole point of being leader though is its your job to find the best of everyone and use that in a positive way. Turning around and saying that to him was just blatant favouritism and could have proved really costly had she lost the task. More to the point, if they had lost that whole statement would have been given a lot more prominence than what it actually was. Either way she will find out that will be probably trip her up at some stage.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2019, 07:30:31 pm »
Project Manager should have gone. Made a product for the wrong age group, advert was abysmal. He’s also a massive drama queen and fully expect him to be one of the first to cry in the boardroom.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2019, 07:31:52 pm »
Project Manager should have gone. Made a product for the wrong age group, advert was abysmal. He’s also a massive drama queen and fully expect him to be one of the first to cry in the boardroom.

Yup, I think he should have gone too.

Chucking someone out who picked out the valid issues with what they were doing was fucking stupid.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2019, 07:43:42 pm »
Cockney twat must be a boadroom away from telling sugar he made his money selling shit like amstrad computers on a market stall, just like him. Then he gets a second chance, but fucks up, and with massive regrets must be fired.

Think the animal theme could have worked if they basically made an up to date version of street sharks.

The videos were predictably awful, but when you have no product, some childrens dressup and a green screen you're not getting a masterpiece.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2019, 08:28:54 pm »
I’d guess his reaction was probably a good indication.

You mean the guy who flipped his lid in week one over nothing and nearly got fired over it?

She was a bit out of order but everyone being up in arms about it being blatant sexism are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Especially considering the heavily edited nature of the show which goes out of its way to make people look bad.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2019, 10:45:11 pm »

Chucking someone out who picked out the valid issues with what they were doing was fucking stupid.

It's not stupid when he did absolutely nothing to try and make it better. He had to go, his negativity was relentless, but Ryan is obviously on thin ice.

The cockney needs to reign in the BS but he's one of the better ones. Think the midlands lass on the losing team this week is very sharp too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2019, 11:28:11 pm »

Solomon deserved to go because he never contributed any ideas. Its the easiest thing in the world to find fault with things, the clever ones suggest alternatives he never had anything to say except to slag off everyone else.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2019, 09:12:41 am »
Think the midlands lass on the losing team this week is very sharp too.

Yes, I'm starting to think she is the best of a bad bunch. Those eyebrows are certainly something else though...

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2019, 09:17:17 am »
Solomon deserved to go because he never contributed any ideas. Its the easiest thing in the world to find fault with things, the clever ones suggest alternatives he never had anything to say except to slag off everyone else.

He said quite a few things though.

When they were doing the logo he made suggestions that it’s a little boring for a kids toy and neeed to be more colourful or include more animals. They just ignored him though.

I also think sometimes it’s extremely valid to point out faults even without an alternative. It can encourage others to reasses their views and promote further discussion within the group to develop ideas. Keeping quite despite knowing something is wrong as you’re not sure of an alternative yourself is not a great idea.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2019, 01:09:00 pm »
£1.2m of sales? Retailers are easily pleased these days.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 01:20:20 pm »
£1.2m of sales? Retailers are easily pleased these days.

Yeah that was clearly a case of well we're on the TV so let's get a decent amount of airtime and mentions of our brand by making a decent 'purchase'.

Both teams absolutely fucked up with their designs, neither bike would be ideal for the target market they both identified (well, I'm not sure the cockney wideboy even identified one market - seemed to flip flop between fitness and "sophisticated" markets).

I'm also a bit annoyed that there was not one mention on the costs to manufacture these bikes. For all we know the team that won may have been making no profit at all after the production costs. If that didn't even matter they should have just designed the most expensive bike possible and then sold it for under cost so the retailers bought in huge numbers.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2019, 02:55:30 pm »
I'm also a bit annoyed that there was not one mention on the costs to manufacture these bikes. For all we know the team that won may have been making no profit at all after the production costs. If that didn't even matter they should have just designed the most expensive bike possible and then sold it for under cost so the retailers bought in huge numbers.

Yeah I thought this. They sold £22k on helmets as opposed to £14k on the Lycra, but the reason Thomas didn't go for the helmets was because they were more expensive...

I think this has been the worst series on multiple levels for years so far.

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2019, 02:57:03 pm »
I’ve spoken to two people that have appeared on two other ‘reality shows’ and was staggered by how much is planned and scripted. They’ll even re-film/re-enact scenes 4 or 5 times so the cameras pick up the desired effect.

Granted these shows weren’t the apprentice, but I’d be surprised if this was any different.

I enjoyed this show at first when it was semi-serious, then went off it when they started getting dickheads in. Now after years I’ve Started watching it again and am enjoying it for what it is, a light entertainment programme..

I know someone (a friend of a friend) who went on Come Dine With Me, and that is also heavily 'produced'. The evenings last about 6 hours, the producers make sure the drink keeps flowing, and constantly take guests off to talk with - where the producers try to shit-stir.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2019, 02:59:25 pm »
Yeah I thought this. They sold £22k on helmets as opposed to £14k on the Lycra, but the reason Thomas didn't go for the helmets was because they were more expensive...

I think this has been the worst series on multiple levels for years so far.

Yeah, said the same thing to my missus about the helmets. Their mark up couldn't have been much on a £90 wholesale price as every single one of those major retailers would have had countless companies offering them that sort of helmet over the last few years at a lower wholesale cost.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2019, 08:42:10 pm »

The bit that annoyed me was when Lottie got the deal for 20 bikes for 24k, and the guy said he would have bought 25 @ 1k each.
In reality, it would have been effectively 5 extra bikes at 200 each, which would surely have been a massive loss.
But on the show, the extra 1k of sales is all that would have mattered.