Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1081963 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6400 on: May 25, 2022, 03:56:48 pm »
I've a feeling that when Klopp finally leaves, he may well decide to tell this shitty, small-minded, bigoted, forelock tugging, corrupt nation a few home truths.

Of course, if he did, it would be delivered beautifully, with a smile and a laugh, and maybe a call to action too.

I often wonder what non-British managers make of the mindset here. They've not been brought up with the same kind of pettiness, small mindedness and bitterness. They don't originate from countries that hate winners doing it legally, and celebrate losers as heroes. God only knows what such an authentic person like Klopp makes of it all. I'd genuinely love to know, although he's probably far too classy and dignified to ever say.

I remember singer Tori Amos saying after coming to live in England (paraphrasing here): ''In America, if you work your ass off and buy a beautiful car, people look at you and say, I'm going to work my ass off and buy one of them too. In England they hate you and want to scratch the car.''

I thought she summed this country up perfectly there. People born outside of it can see it. Too many born into it, can't.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6401 on: May 25, 2022, 04:09:14 pm »
^ I agree. But I think that Klopp's the type that would focus his observations on broader society rather than comment on anything personal that's been said or written about him.

He's already said that he's politically on the left, and wants everyone to do well he's praised the NHS, and he's spoken out against Brexit. I'd like to think he'd say something along the lines of it being a great country, but we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot by voting for Brexit and tolerating clowns like Johnson.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6402 on: May 25, 2022, 04:11:07 pm »
Its a combination of things but the vast majority of us do it. I really couldn’t see many fans singing Klopps praises were he a side we have disliked for years’ manager e.g. Man U. Add to that if he was bringing them success, would any of us really be happy and not showing signs of jealousy or downplaying achievements, he’s amazing but he is OUR manager. Is it really suprising he gets a lot of criticism while managing us? It happens to everyone to be honest and most football fans dont give a shit about some of the more important things, there’s no superiority, it seems to be the same across the sport. It’s like the top players, if the top players leave your competitors you enjoy it, the focus isn’t what they bring to the league, you like seeing the chances of your sides success increase and that of your rivals decrease. Peoples arguments for measuring success never make sense either :lmao the moving of the goalposts is always going to be the thing

Best thing to do is just ignore the nonsense and focus on enjoying the fact WE have Klopp as our manager, it’s pointless to expect some adoration from the other sides because he’s a direct rival and we would to be honest be the same

Football support is still stuck in the dark ages a lot of the time and the arguments are very childish, to expect more is to set yourself up for disappointment. They can say what they like, we know our level and we’re doing things many sides haven’t ever experienced, that brings hatred, jealousy, downplaying and whatever else you want to call it
I can only speak for myself here, but I like to give credit when it's due.

I find quality, authentic human beings to be thin on the ground, sadly. But Klopp is one of them. I'd recognise that even if he managed a football rival like the Mancs or a local rival like Everton. I'd still loathe United if they had him, but I couldn't loathe the man or what he achieved there.

I was never jealous of the Mancs when they had Ferguson. I acknowledged what they achieved and I'll always say he was an immense manager. I've never liked the man, though. I respect his achievements, but the man not so much. Same with Clough. A great manager with many amazing achievements in the game, but an absolute twat of a human being.

I was never remotely jealous of Everton in that brief window in the 80s when they were magnificent. Kendall did a great job for a time. Credit where it's due. I never knew enough about him to like or dislike him.

Of course, we all downplay to some extent. It's easy to rile a Manc by saying they were battered in Barcelona and only played for two minutes when they won their treble. It's also easy to say they won leagues with piss-poor points totals and there was no real opposition back then. All that can be a laugh when it's not really being serious. The thing I find with us though, is so many actually believe their downplaying mental gymnastics. They really are serious, and they simply refuse to give any due credit. Even worse, it's not just fans either, it's often media professionals.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 04:14:18 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6403 on: May 25, 2022, 04:12:05 pm »
^ I agree. But I think that Klopp's the type that would focus his observations on broader society rather than comment on anything personal that's been said or written about him.

He's already said that he's politically on the left, and wants everyone to do well he's praised the NHS, and he's spoken out against Brexit. I'd like to think he'd say something along the lines of it being a great country, but we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot by voting for Brexit and tolerating clowns like Johnson.
Yes, on reflection, I'd agree with you there.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6404 on: May 25, 2022, 04:15:28 pm »
Ah yes, the moving of goalposts, it’s amazing: 

Get to 2 finals with previous managers’ squad that had never got to a final under him - Klopp is a loser.
Achieves the goal of CL qualification in his first full season - He hasn’t won anything.
Wins CL final and Club World Cup and Super Cup - But he hasn’t won the league.
Wins the league - But he hasn’t won a domestic cup.
Wins League Cup - We didn’t mean that one, we meant the big one - the FA Cup.
Wins FA Cup to complete the set - But but but - he hasn’t won the Community Shield!!!!!

Don't forget the covid asterix..........Even though we were 25 points clear when football was cancelled.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6405 on: May 25, 2022, 04:16:50 pm »
Quite a few more Manager of the year awards coming Jurgen's way over the next few years  :wave

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #6406 on: May 25, 2022, 06:51:20 pm »
The award is totally deserved. They have to remember that awards can go to teams achievements other than winning the league. I mean what would be the point of awards if for example city win the league every year and it has to go to Guadiola. There has to be other merits taken into account. And on this occasion the merit is pretty fkn big, missing by a point and if we complete a cup treble. Also if for example a team outside the top 4 came and run us close for the league when no one expected them to then they have to be considered also. It’s the same for player of the month. There are a handful of players for us and city who could win it every month. But other players have to be taken into account because well what would be the point. See the ballon d’or as an example.
So well done Jurgen. Well deserved and more to come. YNWA.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6407 on: May 25, 2022, 07:04:03 pm »
Was there an uproar when Chris Wilder won the award in 2019?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6408 on: May 25, 2022, 08:01:01 pm »
Only 6 managers from 'big' clubs have ever won the award. And 6 managers have won it from outside the premier league.  Moyes won it 3 times at Everton without having ever bothered winning anything. The idea that it only goes to the league champion is absurd.  City's league position in the end was what was expected.  Most pundits had us finishing 3rd or 4th, not finishing on 92 points and with two trophies and a CL final. Klopp has been exceptional and is a worthy winner.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6409 on: May 25, 2022, 08:02:39 pm »
I found it funny watching the body language between Klopp and Ferguson (Klopp obviously reveres him) and Klopp and Southgate (Klopp barely acknowledged him)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6410 on: May 25, 2022, 08:50:46 pm »
I often wonder what non-British managers make of the mindset here. They've not been brought up with the same kind of pettiness, small mindedness and bitterness. They don't originate from countries that hate winners doing it legally, and celebrate losers as heroes. God only knows what such an authentic person like Klopp makes of it all. I'd genuinely love to know, although he's probably far too classy and dignified to ever say.

I remember singer Tori Amos saying after coming to live in England (paraphrasing here): ''In America, if you work your ass off and buy a beautiful car, people look at you and say, I'm going to work my ass off and buy one of them too. In England they hate you and want to scratch the car.''

I thought she summed this country up perfectly there. People born outside of it can see it. Too many born into it, can't.

This is why I am Scouse and not English.

It really must be weird to come here and see the bitterness, envy and utter vile behaviour towards our own people.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6411 on: May 25, 2022, 09:37:00 pm »
Don't forget the covid asterix..........Even though we were 25 points clear when football was cancelled.
The absolute gaul of anyone saying that!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6412 on: May 25, 2022, 09:42:33 pm »
The absolute gaul of anyone saying that!

Did you have to getafix of your daily puns today?
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6413 on: May 25, 2022, 09:42:52 pm »

In America, many people don't seem to realise that the system is stacked against them doing this, no matter how hard they work. In the UK, people are more aware. And things have only gotten worse.

I'm not saying people in the UK aren't petty or vindictive. But you can't blame us for being cynical either. :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6414 on: May 25, 2022, 09:46:08 pm »
Only 6 managers from 'big' clubs have ever won the award. And 6 managers have won it from outside the premier league.  Moyes won it 3 times at Everton without having ever bothered winning anything. The idea that it only goes to the league champion is absurd.  City's league position in the end was what was expected.  Most pundits had us finishing 3rd or 4th, not finishing on 92 points and with two trophies and a CL final. Klopp has been exceptional and is a worthy winner.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6415 on: May 25, 2022, 09:59:55 pm »
I can only speak for myself here, but I like to give credit when it's due.

I find quality, authentic human beings to be thin on the ground, sadly. But Klopp is one of them. I'd recognise that even if he managed a football rival like the Mancs or a local rival like Everton. I'd still loathe United if they had him, but I couldn't loathe the man or what he achieved there.

I was never jealous of the Mancs when they had Ferguson. I acknowledged what they achieved and I'll always say he was an immense manager. I've never liked the man, though. I respect his achievements, but the man not so much. Same with Clough. A great manager with many amazing achievements in the game, but an absolute twat of a human being.

I was never remotely jealous of Everton in that brief window in the 80s when they were magnificent. Kendall did a great job for a time. Credit where it's due. I never knew enough about him to like or dislike him.

Of course, we all downplay to some extent. It's easy to rile a Manc by saying they were battered in Barcelona and only played for two minutes when they won their treble. It's also easy to say they won leagues with piss-poor points totals and there was no real opposition back then. All that can be a laugh when it's not really being serious. The thing I find with us though, is so many actually believe their downplaying mental gymnastics. They really are serious, and they simply refuse to give any due credit. Even worse, it's not just fans either, it's often media professionals.

Very well reasoned post mate and i'd go as far as to say you're in the minority because a lot of discussion seems to fall to school playground level nonsense. Your approach is admirable and I like to think i'm similar in that I appreciate decent humans who provide value, it is becoming a lot less common nowadays though, especially within sports, specifically football. People are sheep and love to follow the masses

Another thing to consider is we live in an age of instant gratification, people want everything fast and this brings a lot of opinions based on headlines or quotes taken out of context. The likes of MOTD and Sky abuse this and fans lap it up so with things like how well Klopp speaks about all of the different social issues and football related stuff, a lot of it isn't actually seen properly by opposition fans because they see the headlines or clips that create false narratives and form their opinions based on this, this obviously doesnt only apply to Klopp but just as an example, a narrative has been created that all he does is complain, obviously not true BUT I can see how one could form this opinion if they just read headlines or carefully selected quotes. I'd argue the same goes for some of our opponents managers and players as it doesn't seem loads of fans watch full press conferences of those who aren't playing us which leaves a lot of room for spin on quotes to again, create false narratives

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #6416 on: May 25, 2022, 11:08:09 pm »
So many clockwork turds spewing out the same salty rhetoric that the cups we have already won are now either mickey mouse OR not deserving of them because we didn't win in 120 minutes is actually laughable. Notably the same salty clockwork turds that point to Jurgen finishing in 2nd and winning these awards as rewarding failure, are the same people who think that Eddie Howe should have won it after coming 11th  :butt   ...ok he did a reasonable job but lets be clear, once they start spending their blood soaked oil money next season, Eddie wont be at the helm come the end of it, AND, if Pep had lost on the final day of this season, he would probably be on his way out now too!

City won the league - fair enough, but it was bought, lets not sugar coat it. And they won it by the skin of their teeth on the last day of the season! They should consider themselves lucky that they had something to celebrate!!!

Whether they want to admit it or not, the same clockwork turds would swap their position for ours 99 times out of 100, and they would probably want Klopp (who's rightly just done the double - again) as their manager too.

I like the fact we live in all of their heads rent free, but it would actually be quite nice, for once, to have the achievements applauded for what they are, rather than having to wade through all the bile all over social media calling everything a conspiracy, a fix, or thick as fuck 4 year olds spouting the same LiVARpool bollocks like they were the first to think it up and funny as fuck for it!

There is a serious question to be raised about who should have been swallowed.

The thing about Eddie Howe should have been LMA premier manager for the season, is that he spent close on £100 million on players to stay in the premiership - close to what Leeds and Burnley spent put together! So with such a spend you would expect to stay up!

As for LiVARpool  - I just flip it back on the idiots and tell them long may it continue if we keep winning trophies lol

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #6417 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:49 pm »
Congratulations to the best manager in the League/Europe
The only other manager I though did a great job this season is Thomas Frank at Brentford
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6418 on: May 26, 2022, 03:05:14 pm »

Jurgen Klopp could be made a 'Citizen of Honour' of Liverpool in a special council meeting. The Citizen of Honour title is given to individuals who have devoted their time and made significant, exceptional or unique contributions to enriching the image of Liverpool and its citizens[Liverpool Echo]

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6419 on: May 26, 2022, 08:46:04 pm »

Lampard has already written a letter telling them he should get it, not Jurgen.

would love it if Klopp got this, there'd be a mushroom cloud over Goodison.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #6420 on: May 26, 2022, 09:19:07 pm »
 Jürgen and Stevie having a casual drink

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #6421 on: May 26, 2022, 10:29:53 pm »
Jürgen and Stevie having a casual drink

yeaahofcourse
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #6422 on: May 26, 2022, 10:36:42 pm »
Jurgen:
Stevie:

Jurgen: "Hmmmmm. So....."
Stevie: "The pints on me, yeah sorry, yeaaaahofcourse"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #6423 on: May 26, 2022, 10:38:08 pm »
Jurgen:
Stevie:

Jurgen: "Hmmmmm. So....."
Stevie: "The pints on me, yeah sorry, yeaaaahofcourse"

😀
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6424 on: May 27, 2022, 05:19:39 pm »
Nice interview here with Kloppo, talking about a few things other than footy:

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2022/may/inside-the-mind-of-klopp-faith-politics-leadership-escapism

Offline nil three four nil

• Kemlynite
  • that's how it is.
« Reply #6425 on: May 28, 2022, 12:09:03 pm »
"I think when we sit here, in seven years, we will look back to more years when we reached a European final at the end of the season than years when we didn't. If not - maybe Switzerland."

Of course, the thing Jürgen said to me, you know, was a tad different. Had he made this prediction in his first press conference, nobody would have considered calling him The Normal One. Would have sounded insane, given the state the club was in back then. Mission absofuckinglutely impossible.
Still, this is exactly what happened since, we ended more seasons playing a European final than just watching them. It was a continuous progress, improving step by step, season by season, so if anybody really wants to complain about the Managerbof the Season award, the only valud question would be how come the Boss only won it twice?!?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6426 on: May 29, 2022, 12:05:25 am »
What a man. Felt so sad watching his interview yet he still manages to instil hope in there as well. He deserves far more luck than he gets at times.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6427 on: May 29, 2022, 12:06:33 am »
Any motherfucker criticising Kloppo should be fucked off from RAWK sharpish.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #6428 on: May 29, 2022, 12:46:33 am »
Any motherfucker criticising Kloppo should be fucked off from RAWK sharpish.

Lifetime Ban!
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6429 on: May 29, 2022, 12:57:42 am »
Love him ❤️
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6430 on: May 29, 2022, 12:58:50 am »
Nice interview here with Kloppo, talking about a few things other than footy:

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2022/may/inside-the-mind-of-klopp-faith-politics-leadership-escapism
I love him

His words help me more than I can say
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: May 29, 2022, 01:18:31 am »
I love him

His words help me more than I can say
I love him too.

I always feel better about tough losses after his interviews. He's eternally sensible and positive about the future. We have 4(?) more years of him, too, which makes this so much easier to take. Onwards and upwards!

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #6432 on: May 29, 2022, 01:22:59 am »
The one positive from the situation is Klopp's contract renewal.  He's going to try again!
(my feeling, however,  is we may need a slightly different plan B, AND some personnel+tactical changes to counter the defensive bus. Again.)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #6433 on: May 29, 2022, 01:53:46 am »
Boss says that we will go again next year, so that's exactly what I will do. Hope he gets a good rest over the next few weeks.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #6434 on: May 29, 2022, 01:55:53 am »
Boss says that we will go again next year, so that's exactly what I will do. Hope he gets a good rest over the next few weeks.

He said "book your hotels" for Istanbul 😁 and call me crazy but I believe it'll happen.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6435 on: May 29, 2022, 04:57:19 pm »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6436 on: May 29, 2022, 07:07:47 pm »
The best signing in the Klopp era. ;D Glad he's committed for a few more years.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6437 on: May 29, 2022, 09:15:15 pm »
Peter Mcdowal at the end of the bus interview summed up all the feelings we have toward Klopp.

Got a bit teary eyed and basically said something like ‘one last thing Jurgen, on behalf of me and all the fans. Thank you.’

Just an absolutely incredible man that happens to be one of the best managers in the world, and also happens to be in charge at our football club.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6438 on: May 30, 2022, 09:16:33 am »
He said "book your hotels" for Istanbul 😁 and call me crazy but I believe it'll happen.

I booked mine this morning. Jurgen said to you know to book the Premier Inn you know he said so, I've booked it for June and I feel fine.
Bring it on

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #6439 on: May 30, 2022, 10:48:41 am »
Love you Boss. Have a nice holiday and thank you for everything. We are so lucky to have him and his backroom team. We go again next season.