Author Topic: Loan Watch 2019/20  (Read 20000 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
Re: Loan Watch 2019/20
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2019, 10:18:44 PM »
Ojo scored a nice goal to put Rangers 1-0 up against Feyenoord in the Europa

Still 1-0 with a few minutes to go
& won thanks to that goal.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2019, 10:36:46 PM »
Karius conceding 4 tonight against Slovan Bratislava including yet another blunder.

Clearly still feeling the affects of that concussion.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2019, 01:52:48 AM »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2019, 06:30:51 AM »
Jesus, i feel for the guy, maybe this footy thing just isn't for him.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• If a cow could dance and be a member of a football forum, this would be it. If he had no lips he'd be ChaChaOooOoo!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice shall prevail. JFT96.
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2019, 06:53:41 AM »
Wow. His anticipation and judgement seems to have been left behind in Kiev.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2019, 08:48:58 AM »
Thankfully there's no need for him ever to wear the Liverpool shirt again.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2019, 09:35:58 AM »
Karius conceding 4 tonight against Slovan Bratislava including yet another blunder.

We're never selling him

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2019, 10:14:04 AM »
We're never selling him

They have an obligation to buy if they team hit various performance goals (I think CL qualification).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2019, 10:21:18 AM »
We're never selling him

he'll only have a year left on the deal though, so no massive problem.  They either try and loan him again, or he sits on his arse for a season.

that CL game just bascically destroyed him.  Wouldn't even surprise me if he just faded into oblivion, or even retired at the end of his deal.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2019, 02:58:47 PM »
Part of me feels for him and part of me thinks he’s a multi, multi millionaire, super model missus and good looking himself so fair fucks.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
And it’s not like we spent tons to acquire him. A transfer miss you could say.

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2019, 06:30:24 PM »

that CL game just bascically destroyed him.  Wouldn't even surprise me if he just faded into oblivion, or even retired at the end of his deal.
He was made errors before the champions league game but they didn't always lead to goals. Remember the Roma game?

So his performance in the final wasn't anything to be surprised about really he looked out of depth form his first game with us hence why he was taken out of the team. He wouldn't have been in the team if we had Adrian instead of Mignolet.

To say that the CL Final destroyed him is idiotic, he made 0 errors leading to a goals last season Allison made 3 degea made 4. In the situation last night he came a long way but the defender should have got out of his way also.

Online OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
Another Harry Wilson goal.

Sending him out to Bournemouth is looking better each passing week.

Him and Mason Mount ran the show for Derby last season, no surprise to see the pair of them doing bits.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »

But where was he for the first 34 minutes? He must have faded in for the 35th. He'll fade back out in a sec. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online vallapureddy

• Believer
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2019, 08:51:17 PM »
But where was he for the first 34 minutes? He must have faded in for the 35th. He'll fade back out in a sec.
Other than the goal he has done zlitch. He is neither tracking back, nor in positions to receive the ball nor make passes. If this is his general play, then adios to his Liverpool dream. Will be sold for 25 to 30 m next season.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »
Haha i hope im beimg whooshed here but what game have you been watching? He has been very good so far.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »
Haha i hope im beimg whooshed here but what game have you been watching? He has been very good so far.

Disagree. Don't think he did a lot today aside from the goal.

There were, however, numerous times when he was free in space and his teammates haven't passed to him. Irritating

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
He was made errors before the champions league game but they didn't always lead to goals. Remember the Roma game?

So his performance in the final wasn't anything to be surprised about really he looked out of depth form his first game with us hence why he was taken out of the team. He wouldn't have been in the team if we had Adrian instead of Mignolet.

To say that the CL Final destroyed him is idiotic, he made 0 errors leading to a goals last season Allison made 3 degea made 4. In the situation last night he came a long way but the defender should have got out of his way also.

No it really isn't.

He actually was a decent goalie, but this club was too big for him, and the CL final and the aftermath just finished him. If you don't agree - that's ok, I won't call you an idiot.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Believe

• Believer
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2019, 12:51:15 AM »

Him and Mason Mount ran the show for Derby last season, no surprise to see the pair of them doing bits.

Good to also see Solanke starting to do well there too, always thought there was a player in there.

Looks like Wilson is grabbing his chance and he'll either come back and contribute for us next year or command a signifant fee. Hopefully the former.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:38 AM »
Good to also see Solanke starting to do well there too, always thought there was a player in there.

Looks like Wilson is grabbing his chance and he'll either come back and contribute for us next year or command a signifant fee. Hopefully the former.

I don't think Solanke is doing well? Other than starting games. He's been pretty terrible by all accounts and Bournemouth fans aren't impressed.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »
I watch Beşiktaş matches and he was quite bad for them last year so i dont think that stat is correct at all

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Believer
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
he'll only have a year left on the deal though, so no massive problem.  They either try and loan him again, or he sits on his arse for a season.

he's certainly not going to retire.  That's just a silly comment to make.  There are far worse goalkeepers making a living from the game then Karius. 

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »
Retire  ;D

The lad may have a mistake in him but he could still go and get another deal on £30k+ a week somewhere. Doubt he’s gonna walk away from £6m+ over 4 years.

Offline Dim Glas

• Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »
he's certainly not going to retire.  That's just a silly comment to make.  There are far worse goalkeepers making a living from the game then Karius.

fucking hell, will people stop calling me idiotic and silly :lmao This place!

He could retire if he wants to get away from all the shit, plenty of things he could do, the lad is a super-model for god sakes!

Offline Sangria

• Ally Machoist
  • Believer
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2019, 07:37:51 PM »
fucking hell, will people stop calling me idiotic and silly :lmao This place!

Sir, you are, forsooth, foolish to entertain such notions that this fellow doth retire from his career.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline bathoz

• Kopite
  • Wants a showpony.
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »
I don't think Solanke is doing well? Other than starting games. He's been pretty terrible by all accounts and Bournemouth fans aren't impressed.

What's interesting is that they're playing him as a number 10. In fact they've dropped their best player from last season, Ryan Fraser, to fit him in in that position (moving King out to the left.) He's doing a lot of good work from there, just not scoring goals. It's reminiscent of when he was putting those insane chances created/xGAchain (or whatever it's called) numbers when he was with us.

Also worth pointing out that Yer-A-Wizard-Harry is playing ahead of Fraser too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:27:52 AM by bathoz »
The opinions related above are in no way to be taken as anything more (or less) than those of an bored mind.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2019, 11:11:01 AM »
What's interesting is that they're playing him as a number 10. In fact they've dropped their best player from last season, Ryan Fraser, to fit him in in that position (moving King out to the left.) He's doing a lot of good work from there, just not scoring goals. It's reminiscent of when he was putting those insane chances created/xGAchain (or whatever it's called) numbers when he was with us.

Also worth pointing out that Yer-A-Wizard-Harry is playing ahead of Fraser too.

I think the Fraser thing is part of behind the scenes pressure to get him to sign a contract.

I'm glad Solanke has had a couple of games in a row starting. He's such a confidence player. I think he's got it in him to perform at a higher level, but he needs a run of games and being trusted to get there.

Also to get fitter and sharper. When they play him C and H Wilson and King it's almost like four forwards, and their midfield has next to no control, so it's pretty frenetic.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for a League Championship
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »
Another assist by Ben Woodburn for free-scoring Oxford's first of a 3-0 half time lead.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
Another assist by Ben Woodburn for free-scoring Oxford's first of a 3-0 half time lead.

Just back from that. Woodburn, I can report, oozed class. Played number 10 in a smart-looking Oxford team that utterly dominated (that's 13 goals from their last three outings). His ability to turn either way on the ball had defenders constantly lunging in and missing. I won't say he ran the game but for a 19 year-old to be so commanding is impressive. Curiously enough the only player on the field with as much influence was the excellent Cameron Brannagan at 8.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline hugoboss

• Believer
  • Lightning Frightning!!!
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2019, 02:49:52 PM »
Watching MOTD and seems like Wilson had a good performance. Created a few chances and should have had at least one assist
Prandelli: "I prefer to concede a goal on the counter-attack rather than sit, wait and suffer for 20 minutes."

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Believer
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2019, 03:39:52 PM »
Watching MOTD and seems like Wilson had a good performance. Created a few chances and should have had at least one assist

Interestingly, Wilson seems to be splitting opinion amongst the Bournemouth fans as well, with similar praise (good linkup play often of which goes unnoticed, a goal threat, clever movement) and similar criticism (lightweight, doesn't do enough in general play, goes missing, not quick or powerful enough on the wing). But overall satisfied with his contribution for his first year in the premier league and this early on, and looking forward to his progress as the season wears on, pointing to David Brooks' own trajectory as a player.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:47:01 PM by Magix »

Offline Fromola

• Such a Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »
Just back from that. Woodburn, I can report, oozed class. Played number 10 in a smart-looking Oxford team that utterly dominated (that's 13 goals from their last three outings). His ability to turn either way on the ball had defenders constantly lunging in and missing. I won't say he ran the game but for a 19 year-old to be so commanding is impressive. Curiously enough the only player on the field with as much influence was the excellent Cameron Brannagan at 8.

Vital players get the right manager when they're entering a first team environment. Wilder's an excellent manager but Woodburn never fitted into his system so didn't get the chances. Brannagan as well wasn't getting the chances when we sent him on loan. Now they're starting to flourish under Karl Robinson who is good at developing talent and his teams play in a way that benefits technical midfielders.

I don't think Woodburn will make it with us, but I said at the time Oxford will be a good move for him. Sometimes you just have to drop down further than you'd like to get the opportunity.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Believer
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2019, 05:40:33 PM »
Not that it really matters but I wonder what sort of sell on clause we negotiated for Branagan? From what I've heard he's been one of the leagues' stand out players.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:03:18 PM by Adeemo »
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #153 on: October 7, 2019, 06:17:00 PM »
Woodburn out for up to three months unfortunately at Oxford with foot Injury

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #154 on: October 7, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
Woodburn out for up to three months unfortunately at Oxford with foot Injury

Hope he recovers soon and gets back to playing. I think he will be able to earn a good living playing football - but probably not with Liverpool.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #155 on: October 7, 2019, 07:56:38 PM »
He’s still just a kid. Needs a bit of luck but he’s not one to write off just yet.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
Ojo's a bit of an enigma

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2019, 12:03:42 AM »
Ojo's a bit of an enigma

Does seem to be some very contrasting opinions on him from Rangers fans. Can't argue with his numbers though.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2019, 03:08:06 AM »
From last week...

Marko Grujic shone for Hertha BSC on Friday night in their 3-1 come-from-behind victory over Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Grujic played the entirety of the Bundesliga affair as his side went a goal down before striking three without reply.

The midfielder drew plaudits for his performance that saw him make 61 passes, win 10 duels and complete all five of his dribbles.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/368111-loan-watch-marko-grujic-impresses

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2019, 03:57:44 AM »
Does seem to be some very contrasting opinions on him from Rangers fans. Can't argue with his numbers though.

Stats are good in the Europa games, especially the early ones, but not great in the league.