Author Topic: General thread Summer 19. Flogging the guts out of it  (Read 489895 times)

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I'm no Hercule Poirot, but no fucking way is that Deligt.
Delight taking the photo

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Gonna be fun listening to de ligt bang on about ‘the right place for me to develop’ and ‘excited by the project’
How amazing would it be if he told the truth and just went ‘mate it’s 400,000 euros a week... what would you do’

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Delight taking the photo

Fuck off Sherlock.

Smart arse.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
And a €17m mansion in the middle of Paris to use for free
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Online Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Gonna be fun listening to de ligt bang on about ‘the right place for me to develop’ and ‘excited by the project’
How amazing would it be if he told the truth and just went ‘mate it’s 400,000 euros a week... what would you do’

Or 'My hero is Benoit Assou-Ekotto'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Believer
That's a staggering amount of money, anyone would find that hard to turn down, he could go there for 3 years and still have time to have a career with one of the traditionally big European clubs
Vote Labour

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer.....)
  • Kopite
  • Well Red.
We'll have no refectory tittle-tattle around here I'll have you know. What-what.

It's to the naughty thread for the next small boy showing insubordination.
But sir, everybody else does it.

I'll take my punishment and rewatch the CL final again.
"Good spell this by Liverpool but can they turn it into a goal?
YES. THEY. CAN!
And what a goal!''

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Believer
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
Funny the way he strung everyone along as if he had a hard decision to make for his career then chose the money route anyway.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Or 'My hero is Benoit Assou-Ekotto'.

Yup forever an icon

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Can’t believe the bigger clubs are going to let Spurs have Ndombele... I know they helped us get number 6 but that is still not cool

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
Can’t believe the bigger clubs are going to let Spurs have Ndombele... I know they helped us get number 6 but that is still not cool

Pretty sure everybody is reporting Spurs want Ndombele.  There's a big difference between that and meeting Lyon's valuation and while also agreeing a probable below market salary.  I'll believe they signed him only once he's on the field wearing their shirt, until then it's much ado about nothing.

As far as De Ligt, the guy just got himself set for life.  Haters gonna hate.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Pretty sure everybody is reporting Spurs want Ndombele.  There's a big difference between that and meeting Lyon's valuation and while also agreeing a probable below market salary.  I'll believe they signed him only once he's on the field wearing their shirt, until then it's much ado about nothing.

I doubt he'd have been working into his 60s regardless of whether he moved to PSG or not ;D Even if he'd have moved for 200k a week on a 5 year contract he'd have himself a nice tidy 50m before tax. I suppose there comes a point where they just become numbers. I'm not really sure what you could do with 100m that you couldn't do with 50m, but it's his decision and best of luck to him.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:01:50 AM by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
I'm just hoping we're after his pal Houssem instead!
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer

Pretty silly (teenage girl like) thing to say when speaking about a professional footballer who has the choice (or does he) of most of the top clubs in Europe.

Fact is,he is supposed to be moving on because he wants to make the next step & the French league is a side step.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
Pretty silly (teenage girl like) thing to say when speaking about a professional footballer who has the choice (or does he) of most of the top clubs in Europe.

Fact is,he is supposed to be moving on because he wants to make the next step & the French league is a side step.

His scumbag agent said he wasn't in Paris to sort out this deal.

So I guess Barcelona may still be very much in the running.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats!
  • RAWK Mod
  • Believer
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://twitter.com/CaponsSausages

I'm no Hercule Poirot, but no fucking way is that Deligt.
Thats some strong Parrot
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:28:46 AM by Capon Debaser »
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://twitter.com/Kabu_Dracus

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer

Hahaha.  You should call De Ligt and tell him he's not making the "next step" while he's rolling around Paris getting paid millions to play football and meet hot chicks.  I'm sure he'll head right on over to Barcelona as soon as he hangs up.......

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
Hahaha.  You should call De Ligt and tell him he's not making the "next step" while he's rolling around Paris getting paid millions to play football and meet hot chicks.  I'm sure he'll head right on over to Barcelona as soon as he hangs up.......

Well that post says more about you than either myself or De Ligt.

I still don't think that he will go to Paris,would be a stupid move,nobody cares how many French leagues a player has won & they'll never win the CL.

Offline arfy05

• Believer
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
Raiola is in Paris to complete the DeLigt transfer.  That ban worked well

raiola is a bellend he even has steve bannon on his payroll behind seedorf 😳😳😳

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
Well that post says more about you than either myself or De Ligt.

I still don't think that he will go to Paris,would be a stupid move,nobody cares how many French leagues a player has won & they'll never win the CL.

Hahahaha, you're a character.  A player should make choices that confirms to your notions of what's best.  Sure bro.  Good luck with that.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Raiola just went to Paris to eat in a Michelin star restaurant, look at his belly and the smirk on his face...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
Hahahaha, you're a character.  A player should make choices that confirms to your notions of what's best.  Sure bro.  Good luck with that.

Yeah,that's what I was saying  ::)  You on the other hand put a big wage and getting to ride around Paris chasing skirt at the top of your list.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
Raiola just went to Paris to eat in a Michelin star restaurant, look at his belly and the smirk on his face...

A nice little outing to try and force other clubs to make a move,he has the look of a Harvey Weinstein.

Offline Linudden

• Believer
Let's keep it real; PSG is not the ideal destination for a defender. For almost 38 games of the year he wouldn't get much work to do except for rolling the ball sideways to Verratti so he can collect it. Actually, I think a lot of PSG's defensive collapses is because their defenders get way too easy of a ride in the league and get overwhelmed when playing against top teams in Europe.

At least at Juventus and Barcelona he'd get his work cut out against some domestic clubs.

Offline AmanShah21

• Kopite
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Moves to PSG pretty much prices out talent for any team in the future.

The fees and wages on Neymar, Mbappe and now De Ligt will put off almost any team with some semblance of financial prudence even if they want to leave.

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Is that Raiolas card on the counter in that photo
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer

Fck Pogba has let himself go.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline leroy

• Believer

As opposed to rolling around Barcelona/Madrid/<insert big city here> "getting paid millions to play football and meet hot chicks"?

The big consideration as someone else pointed out is his age.  He can go to Paris and earn utterly stupid money (as though 100/200/300k a week isn't already absurd) for four years and still expect to move to somewhere else at only 23.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Into the top right corner.
I’m just glad he went to PSG and not Barcelona, City or United. PSG, at the very most, is still a black hole for talent.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Believer
De Ligt is thinking too much about his wallet and not enough about his legacy.

Joining PSG is the equivalent of raking in the big bucks but stagnating in a mediocre league that PSG dominates by default every year. He will waste too many years of his career playing for them before he realises around 26 or 27 that he will never reach his potential if he stays there, and then he will try to leave but they will refuse to sell him and he wil be forced to leave on a free transfer. By the time he forces his way out he will be 29 and the best years of his career are gone and he will sink into obscurity in some Italian club.

A player who wants to earn 300k a week at his young age does not have the right mentality nor the hunger to play with us, and he is simply not qualified to play for liverpool.

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
De Ligt is thinking too much about his wallet and not enough about his legacy.

To be fair, he could well be thinking about his legacy in a misguided, Neymar way: Why join a solid defensive unit as just another great defender when I could be the main man at a serial league-winning club based in one of the greatest European capital cities?

"Main man" anxieties were one of Neymar's considerations when choosing to leave Barca (and Messi) behind. But I guess we know the difference between players wanting to be part of a real legacy, and trying to build a personal one... and look where it got Neymar thus far.
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
Yeah,that's what I was saying  ::)  You on the other hand put a big wage and getting to ride around Paris chasing skirt at the top of your list.

I put a player making his own choices at the top of my list and if #1 is money then tough shit.  In almost any other walk of life that's all it's about.  If you have any issues at all it should be that PSG is allowed to have that type of money.  Aside from that almost anybody else here saying he's not going to further his career or is choosing money over trophies can't predict the future so more than likely have no idea what they're talking about.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
I put a player making his own choices at the top of my list and if #1 is money then tough shit.  In almost any other walk of life that's all it's about.  If you have any issues at all it should be that PSG is allowed to have that type of money.  Aside from that almost anybody else here saying he's not going to further his career or is choosing money over trophies can't predict the future so more than likely have no idea what they're talking about.

You make it sound like people in here are jealous of him or something?

People are counting the days Mbappe leaves PSG. Neymar is not considered the best anything anymore. The league is shit. PSG are shit.

He can go to PSG and get ‘hot chicks’. Nobody will really give a fuck as he is not one of our players.

Online Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • Nullius in verba, omnia probate, sapere aude

Is that really him? Christ, by the look of him he ain't gonna be around long to spend all his money!

Delight taking the photo
You'd feel delight taking that photo? Respect for owning up to your predilections #fattwatsturnmeon

8)

You're right; he's got more spare tyres than our local Kwik Fit
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:01:55 AM by Ghost Town »
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Online Ghost Town

• Believer
I doubt he'd have been working into his 60s regardless of whether he moved to PSG or not ;D Even if he'd have moved for 200k a week on a 5 year contract he'd have himself a nice tidy 50m before tax. I suppose there comes a point where they just become numbers. I'm not really sure what you could do with 100m that you couldn't do with 50m, but it's his decision and best of luck to him.
Buy a third of a luxury yacht?
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Online Ghost Town

• Believer
We're going to make a shit load from fringe players this summer imo.
As long as we don't take a haircut on any of them ;)

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Believer
On Lovren he is not really a 4th choice. He is basically 2nd choice at LCB if VVD goes down and at worst 3rd choice RCB. Before this season started he was in fact 1st choice RCB and played through the run to the 17/18 CL final. He then bossed it at the world cup but returned to LFC injured where Gomez took his chance and ran with it until injury. Lovren replaced him as a starter then got injured again so Matip took his chance and ran with it. The 3 CBs next to VVD are viewed as more or less equal by Klopp there is no clear heirarchy. He will fight for the starting position and a lot is dependent on injuries. Furthermore he has more possibility to play because sometimes Gomez will still be used at RB. He won’t be starved of game time like a true 4th choice player unless he is injured himself. No point in selling at all.

Offline RedG13

• Kopite
Can't we maximise his impact as a goalscoring midfielder? Have 2 strikers occupying the opposition CBs, pulling them wide with runs to the flanks. 2 B2B CMs to help contest the midfield, and a DM behind to defend the space he vacates. Short passing, press like mad, and let Wilson make runs from midfield to join the strikers. It would be a diabolical tactic to defend against.
Wilson likely would fits the roles of Mane or Salah the most. That where I would think if he stayed would be used. He not a penetration type player though, The role u describe is more of Firmino, I would  think it would be unlikely we use him in that role.
Im not sure if he staying or not, I think most likely option is a loan to a PL team.

Offline lamonti

• Believer
Re: General thread Summer 19. No Fekir knows anything
« Reply #799 on: June 13, 2019, 09:29:52 AM »
That's a staggering amount of money, anyone would find that hard to turn down, he could go there for 3 years and still have time to have a career with one of the traditionally big European clubs

No one will be able to afford to buy him from PSG unless he fails there.