Author Topic: CL Final Liverpool (Champions of Europe)2 vs Spurs 0 - Salah 2' (Pen) Origi 87’  (Read 195240 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Champions league last year, league this year, both next year and we can celebrate with the parade of all parades ;D

Just a brilliant day and night, an incredible team who totally deserved to be crowned champions. I thought i'd be celebrating all night but I was exhausted after the trophy lift, got back to my flat and just rewatched everything again.

Will never forget standing in that square in the searing heat, singing all the songs and everyone just knowing it was going to be our night. Amazing memories, can't wait for us to get our hands on that trophy again. Watching all the footage from that square and all around the world was the first time I thought to myself that, at this point in time, we might genuinely be the biggest football club in the world. No other club could have matched Liverpool that day and night for sound, sight and sheer numbers.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I was so confident in our team, I booked a non refundable flight to Madrid in December 18. Also got the hotel booked around that time as well.

My only experience, prior to Madrid, to watch a European final live was when I went to Basel. So when I was lucky enough in the ballot to get a ticket for the final in Madrid, I was praying that I wasn't some sort of bad omen.

Safe to say, them few days I stayed in Madrid were some of the best days in my 26 years of existence.

A year has gone by and our amazing team has grown even more. I fully expect more European finals on the horizon.

P.S I hope everyone is keeping well and safe YNWA
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not that I'm aware of mate. The lad posted it in B&W. It looks better like this anyway.  :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Not that I'm aware of mate. The lad posted it in B&W. It looks better like this anyway.  :D

Thought the same thing on first look, B&W really adds to the emotion...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
Great memories of watching it in the Blue Eyed Maid pub in London with loads of reds. Spent most of the first half standing next to the two only Spurs fans in the whole pub who spent all of the half complaining about the penalty and convincing themselves that they were in control of the game (don't think the had a shot on target until well into the 2nd half). Was with my 18 year old son who had only ever seen us lose finals before so was quite an emotional experience for both of us. Was absolute carnage when Divock's goal went in. Beer and limbs flying everywhere. Great evening out.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡

The next day in Toledo when I seen that photie I started crying.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

This photo is probably a joint favourite of mine in terms of the Liverpool and the European Cup, the only thing that ties with it is Fagan by the pool. Cool as fuck  8)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love this one of Bob

Jurgen YNWA

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
A year has flown by.

We've witnessed an absolute machine of a team so CE that day, a team with so much swagger, determination and will to win.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I love this one of Bob

By some distance my favourite european cup picture
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
By some distance my favourite european cup picture

It's not Fergies though :D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
The moment alissons rolled the ball past kane. Everyone in our end gasped. I forgot till now
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Flew out to Madrid on the Friday evening and just remember being absolutely exhausted around an hour and a half after the game had finished as had nowhere to stay when we landed very early hours of Saturday morning so just stayed up all the way through. Nearly 48hrs up straight through before my head finally hit a pillow. Pure adrenaline got me through Saturday evening but was well worth it.

Can’t quite believe it’s been a whole year already. Looking forward to some kind of title celebrations in a few weeks time but it’ll take a lot to beat Madrid ‘19
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I't's funny, we were comfortable after the early penalty, should have scored a couple more, Spurs only came into it the last 15-20 minutes, but even then we delt with there chances comfortably, we'd have won 3 or 4-0 had we scored the second earlier on.
#Sausages

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Just drinking it all in again. Was a mixture of elation and relief when the whistle blew, mainly because it was ours to lose.

Still don't know what was up with Gini in the queue for the medals, he went mental then the camera cut away!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ON THIS DAY  ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
When I logged on to RAWK, I PMed you right away haha, as we were having discussions in the match thread prior.

I remember!  ;D was a mental night!

And we're still the reigning champions!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
I was in New York to watch AJ get his arse handed to him by a short,fat Mexican man.  ;D

Celebrations went on all night though lads.  :lickin
I had tickets for the fight but gave them up to be in Madrid. Good decision in hindsight but was a tough decision at the time as I have always wanted to see a heavyweight title fight at the garden.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I had tickets for the fight but gave them up to be in Madrid. Good decision in hindsight but was a tough decision at the time as I have always wanted to see a heavyweight title fight at the garden.

I remember you saying that in the boxing thread mate. Thankfully that was my second fight at the MSG.  :D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
League champions next season. Nailed on.

Prophetic. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Still makes me smile this, Wenger singing along..Respect, admiration & more than a tinge of regret from Jose.

https://twitter.com/PS_YNWA/status/1267536771136569347
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
The moment alissons rolled the ball past kane. Everyone in our end gasped. I forgot till now
Anyone got a clip? I don't really remember this.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone got a clip? I don't really remember this.

same - can't recall Allison doing anything remotely worrisome in the game - apart from saving shots late on.

maybe the fear was that it was going to be a repeat Karius situation?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Still makes me smile this, Wenger singing along..Respect, admiration & more than a tinge of regret from Jose.

https://twitter.com/PS_YNWA/status/1267536771136569347

Yes indeed.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Awesome. Don’t think I’d seen that before.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :champ European Champions - just savoring it, what a great year for our club.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
:champ European Champions - just savoring it, what a great year for our club.
Today is the last day we can say that for now. We'll be back next year though
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jόrgen-a believe us... ♬
Still Champions of England, Europe and the World.

Hope we can make that claim again soon  :champ :champ :champ
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jόrgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
We're still the champions of England, Europe and the World for another couple of hours. Whoever wins tonight, and I very much hope it's Bayern not the plastic sportwashing Man City of France, they know we'll be back next year. Because Klopp has us right back were we haven't been in 30 plus years. On our perch again at home and in Europe. Feared and respected again

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
Weird seeing them standing there with our trophy.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Nice of us to lend it to another club for a few months. Share the joy. Obviously we'll be having it back shortly
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
Nice of us to lend it to another club for a few months. Share the joy. Obviously we'll be having it back shortly

I'd not only like us to take back outright third, but catch Milan and then Madrid before my mortal coil expires. They can have it for now, though.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
I'd not only like us to take back outright third, but catch Milan and then Madrid before my mortal coil expires. They can have it for now, though.

I think about this all the time. Even if we don't do it in my own lifetime, I still want it done. It's frustrating they won 4 more in our 2010 rebuild as we were only 4 behind after Istanbul and now 7 behind.

But hopefully we can go on a cycle like that to catch up.