Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool vs Wolves, Sunday 12th May 3pm  (Read 34251 times)

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool vs Wolves, Sunday 12th May 3pm
« Reply #80 on: May 9, 2019, 12:27:22 pm »
Thinking of bringing a portable am/fm radio on Sunday. Anyone ever done that before, can you get decent reception?
I can never get phone signal, and there's bound to be misinformation spreading around the crowd.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #81 on: May 9, 2019, 12:28:38 pm »
Thinking of bringing a portable am/fm radio on Sunday. Anyone ever done that before, can you get decent reception?
I can never get phone signal, and there's bound to be misinformation spreading around the crowd.
I have done that yes, just bring headphones so as not to annoy folk. You might want one with DAB or LW for fivelive.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: May 9, 2019, 12:30:52 pm »
All we can do is win our game. Whatever happens in the City game, happens.

P.S. Fingers crossed we get no injuries.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #83 on: May 9, 2019, 12:36:09 pm »
do most mobiles not have a radio now too? not sure if you need web access for it though as i never listen to radio through the phone
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 9, 2019, 01:09:06 pm »
Moreno hasn't played for what, 4 months? I can't see him playing any part in this game if Robbo isn't fit. You'd expect Milner, or maybe even Gomez.
Milner would be the obvious understudy but if Robbo and Hendo are both out then he may well be needed in midfield (probably alongside Gini and Fabinho).  Lallana and AOC are probably further away from match fitness than Moreno.  He may well go for either of those two irrespective though as there's value in getting them some minutes in ahead of the final - God forbid Moreno is anyway near the team for the final.

In a must-win home game I don't see Klopp putting Gomez in at left back.  He's an excellent defender but he offers very little in an attacking sense as a right back, I can't imagine the extra complication of predominantly playing off his weaker foot is going to help him out much if he plays on the left!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #85 on: May 9, 2019, 01:54:52 pm »
do most mobiles not have a radio now too? not sure if you need web access for it though as i never listen to radio through the phone
There is a bbc iplayer radio app you can listen to 5live via. However I think you would need a signal, something which doesn’t always seem that great in the ground.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 9, 2019, 01:56:58 pm »
Gomez could play LB if need be. He's done it before.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #87 on: May 9, 2019, 02:13:34 pm »
Just win. We know you can. We'll be cheering you on from all around the globe.

Imagine the scenes if Brighton can nick a point off Man City. Imagine the scenes if they, somehow, manage to fluke a draw or a jammy, spawny goal near the end when it was mostly City pressure. Imagine the scenes.

We're winning and imagine that happens. It's easy if you try.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 9, 2019, 02:23:18 pm »

It's on. Its on like Fat Pat's thong.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 9, 2019, 02:25:16 pm »
So either Gomez or Milner to cover for Robbo in this case. With the midfield picking itself then with Fabinho,Hendo and Gini. Origi if fit enough probably starts again, if not either Mane or Salah central with Shaqiri coming in.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #90 on: May 9, 2019, 02:31:57 pm »

I can send you screen shots of teletext if you want

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #91 on: May 9, 2019, 02:43:18 pm »
Let's hope Brighton fancy ruining City's party and put up a fight. They might just look at the results from the past two nights and sit up a bit and fancy grabbing some headlines themselves.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #92 on: May 9, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »
Robertson hasn’t yet been ruled out of the wolves match... fingers crossed
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #93 on: May 9, 2019, 02:52:21 pm »
Liverpool v Wolves
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Lee Betts, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Stuart Attwell

And in the other match that matters:

Brighton v Man City
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
Fourth official: Paul Tierney
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 9, 2019, 02:58:48 pm »

Just go and have a great day, give the lads 90 mins of nothing but support and positive vibes, the deserve a massive thank you for an amazing season, it should be in Klopp's word's a football party,

3 points
No injuries

is all I ask for, whatever happens with City is out of our control

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #96 on: May 9, 2019, 03:17:11 pm »
Absolutely praying that just for once, things don't go City's way and they hit the post, have shots cleared off the line, Matt Ryan makes 5 or 6 worldie saves and Brighton pull off a 0-0.

Don't care how we win our game, just win.

Please, please, please let me get what I want..
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 9, 2019, 03:25:30 pm »

Please, please, please let me get what I want..
pretty sure theres a song with that title in Ferris Buellars day off

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 9, 2019, 03:59:41 pm »
@LynchStandard

Boost for #LFC as Mohamed Salah passed fit to face Wolves. Andy Robertson has an outside chance but no doubts over him for the Champions League final.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 9, 2019, 04:01:55 pm »
The ECHO understands Liverpool are continuing to assess the severity of the injury ahead of Sunday's game against Wolves, although the former Hull City man is not a doubt for the Champions League final against Tottenham on June 1.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #100 on: May 9, 2019, 04:09:58 pm »
Glad for Andy that he’s ok for the final. This weekend we can cope without him. No word about Divock? Can we presume that no news is good news in that case?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 9, 2019, 04:12:02 pm »
I'd happily see Moreno at left-back.  I don't think it's likely but he would be a good attacking option and it would be nice to send him off properly.  I know football is no place for sentimentality and he's hardly going to be remembered as a club legend but he's always given it his all and (mostly) accepted being a bit-part player well.

I'd be OK with this if we are 3-up and less than 5 minutes left to play.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 9, 2019, 04:15:57 pm »
Glad for Andy that he’s ok for the final. This weekend we can cope without him. No word about Divock? Can we presume that no news is good news in that case?

He won't be injured, it's most likely just cramp.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 9, 2019, 04:26:58 pm »

We'll find out more tomorrow.  :)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #104 on: May 9, 2019, 04:53:13 pm »
Nice one H thanks for that, no doubt the sledgehammer story was blob on...(not on blob)  ;)
I think if we were asked at the start of the season that we would be in with a chance of winning the league on the final day we'd have took it.
For me..we have exceeded my expectations this term and some,never thought we'd be possibly hitting 97 pts & going all season potentially with just a sole defeat.
The redmen will be up for it,the fans will certainly be up for it..let's go out there and finish our league campaign in style.
Up the fucking reds!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 9, 2019, 05:16:15 pm »
Gomez could play LB if need be. He's done it before.

Gomez played his first 7 games for us at LB.

Watched one of these player things the club does on youtube recently, van Dijk had to guess in which position Gomez played his first game for us. He guessed wrong, and when Gomez told him LB, he couldn't believe it and just shook his head. That tells me all about whether we should play him there again!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 9, 2019, 06:46:10 pm »
Fantastic post as always mate!

Funny to see this halfway down the page. Our best shot of winning the title going into the final day of the season for years and years and we're all still talking and thinking about a different competition!

Tuesday has taken some of the pressure off of us now. Winning the league would be absolutely everything but that depressing feeling of our entire season resting on hoping that City balls up has at least gone. If City get the win everyone is predicting then fair play to them for a ridiculous achievement. We'll just have to set our sights on going one better a few weeks later.

The other thing that Tuesday has done, obviously, is give us the belief that anything is possible. That Kompany goal on Monday and the crippling disappointment in its aftermath feels a while ago now both for us and for City. Wolves are a tricky team but i'm confident in our ability to recover from midweek and get the job done, as we have done so brilliantly and consistently all season. I would just love to see Brighton go ahead at some point (preferably in the 96th minute, of course ;D ) just to see if City have got that same fight in them as we have.

Whatever happens it's been an incredible effort from this team and they'll rightly be lauded at the end of the game. Best team of my lifetime and things are only going to get better.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #107 on: May 9, 2019, 06:52:50 pm »

buzzing

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 9, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »
3 points, no injuries.

Whatever else happens, happens.

Wolves have been so good against the top 6 this season, this is not going to be a walk in the park.

Having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we've got a league game in a few days and one where we could win the title. Tuesday has completely warped my week.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 9, 2019, 06:59:22 pm »

Watched one of these player things the club does on youtube recently, van Dijk had to guess in which position Gomez played his first game for us. He guessed wrong, and when Gomez told him LB, he couldn't believe it and just shook his head. That tells me all about whether we should play him there again!

Pretty sure he played there on Tuesday too!

Crazy how an epic CL semi-final comeback against Barcelona makes you relax ahead of a potential title-winning league game. I've no doubt our lads will find a way across the line on Sunday. Wolves are guaranteed 7th as well, so hopefully they'll just roll over if we get ahead.

Resigned to City having too much for Brighton, but then I was pretty resigned ahead of Tuesday too.

Let's see. Hope the lads are seen off in style (sure they will be) regardless of the outcome. Been an epic, epic season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 9, 2019, 07:00:09 pm »

Doesn't really tell us that mate considering he did his ACL after 7 games and was out for two seasons in a row. It's a one off game, I'd rather him than Moreno

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 9, 2019, 08:19:23 pm »
I have done that yes, just bring headphones so as not to annoy folk. You might want one with DAB or LW for fivelive.

Long Wave is also great for the shipping forecast.  ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 9, 2019, 08:26:23 pm »
3 points, no injuries.

Whatever else happens, happens.

Wolves have been so good against the top 6 this season, this is not going to be a walk in the park.

Having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we've got a league game in a few days and one where we could win the title. Tuesday has completely warped my week.  ;D

I know a couple of Wolves fans and make no mistake they are up for this big time - they want Liverpool's scalp, they're a hugely ambitious club. One thing we'll need in abundance against these is energy, hopefully we have plenty left in the tank after Tuesday night's game.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 9, 2019, 08:42:26 pm »
I know a couple of Wolves fans and make no mistake they are up for this big time - they want Liverpool's scalp, they're a hugely ambitious club. One thing we'll need in abundance against these is energy, hopefully we have plenty left in the tank after Tuesday night's game.

I think we've shown that we have plenty of our tank, considering the game we had at Newcastle and the energy levels we showed on Tuesday night, we have until Sunday to recover and energy shouldn't be an issue, we've been preparing for this type of pace all year long, we've been doing it all season long.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: May 9, 2019, 08:43:06 pm »

One last push. I think we can through on adrenaline.

The final is so far away it doesn’t need to be a factor. One last push, one last win and then a nice rest and no doubt some warm weather training for our heroes.

I’m sure Wolves will give it their best but our will is too strong.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 9, 2019, 08:59:37 pm »
One last push. I think we can through on adrenaline.

The final is so far away it doesn’t need to be a factor. One last push, one last win and then a nice rest and no doubt some warm weather training for our heroes.

I’m sure Wolves will give it their best but our will is too strong.

It's funny how Wolves fans remembered the game in December as they saw it as a game with a series of missed opportunities. I saw it a different way in that we nullified the diagonal balls that they hit behind full backs for their own wing backs to run onto, the main way they get behind teams. As a consequence we limited their 'chances' to long range efforts which on the whole were relatively straight forward to deal with. They can go more direct too, but I think we coped with that quite well too.

My Wolves mate thought I had a very blinkered view and didn't accept that assessment, be interesting to see how they get on going forward when more teams work them out. For now they've been a breath of fresh air in the premier league for me.

I'm actually playing a match against my mate in our Golf club's knockout competition on Saturday and I have a few shots on him, hopefully I can get through and our Liverpool V Wolves golf match will provide a good omen!  ;D

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2019, 08:07:57 am »
Haha only 3 pages,  while the champions league one has more than double. 

Let's twat these twatty twats! And hope those other twats get twatted too! Well I guess that's all to say so I'm off to the champions league thread..

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2019, 09:16:49 am »
Haha only 3 pages,  while the champions league one has more than double. 

Let's twat these twatty twats! And hope those other twats get twatted too! Well I guess that's all to say so I'm off to the champions league thread..
it'll pick up in the run up to the game. still two days before the game

with the week we had it was to be expected

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2019, 09:29:55 am »
One weird game for the players this, not one they'll will play in often. All they can do is try and focus on business this end and beat Wolves, they will be surely aware of the score at Brighton at HT and that's got to have some effect on their attitude and temperament for the second half.

The players will also be aware of any sudden wild celebration from the crowd too, it'll be a bit strange for everyone all round on Sunday.

It could be desperately nerve wracking till the very end or be all over and done with before we even know it!

I'm going for the former, reckon we'll beat Wolves 3-0, the City game will finish after ours at 1-1!

Brighton will barely threaten City but will score a pen!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:32:17 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2019, 09:39:04 am »
I'd happily see Moreno at left-back.  I don't think it's likely but he would be a good attacking option and it would be nice to send him off properly.  I know football is no place for sentimentality and he's hardly going to be remembered as a club legend but he's always given it his all and (mostly) accepted being a bit-part player well.

No, no, no. Would rather Stevie Wonder play there. Awful at defending and not much better going forward either.  Gomez or Milner there for me.