Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 215259 times)

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1560 on: May 19, 2019, 09:50:03 am »
No, Sport Options

Ok, I’m flying with vueling so probably not an option for me
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1561 on: May 19, 2019, 10:00:24 am »
From Sport Options page

This is a flight only option. In recent finals local shuttle buses have been arranged to take fans Airport-Centre and Stadium-Airport. We expect the same to be arranged in Madrid. If this is not the case there is a Metro to take you from the airport to the centre and we will arrange buses for after the match.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:02:03 am by Istanbul Boy »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: May 19, 2019, 10:01:15 am »
I'd plan your route mate and stick to it. Was looking on GM last night when bored and theres lots of motorways with footbridges or perhaps subways if I remember correctly . Dont be legging it across a motorway when your pissed.

Very good advice.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1563 on: May 19, 2019, 10:05:30 am »
OK. I get you know. But once the touts get the tickets in their hands I doubt there's much TO could do? They might resell the seats but surely the touts will still have the cancelled tickets in their possession and able to sell them on to people. Regardless of whether the gain entry or not?

So there could be more tickets on sale but a lot of angry supporters at the gates who can't get in!

There's going to be a lot of people at the gates who can't get in anyway, have you seen the amount of blags going around on Twitter?!

Spot on. Those that buy from touts are feeding the problem, not trying to help eradicate it.

The amount of tweets I've seen saying "will pay over the odds" over the last few days is incredible. Definitely encouraging more touting.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: May 19, 2019, 10:27:14 am »
This sold out yet?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1565 on: May 19, 2019, 10:37:43 am »
This sold out yet?
TO phoning those on waiting list with available tickets until sold out

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: May 19, 2019, 10:38:24 am »
Just seen on website calling all those on waiting list from 233  tomorrow morning,till sold out
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:40:20 am by rhylred »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1567 on: May 19, 2019, 10:39:36 am »
TO phoning those on waiting list with available tickets until sold out
Yep, tomorrow morning for those in positions 233, 234 etc.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:43:32 am by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1568 on: May 19, 2019, 11:04:29 am »
Last year it had “youth package - child” written on the ticket
hopefully be alright. I don’t look anywhere near a child so gonna have to chance my luck. Might have to go in behind a child and say it’s there ticket or something

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1569 on: May 19, 2019, 11:19:08 am »
Very good advice.

Just looked again.

Found a route that only consists of three roads a footbridge and a bridge for cars with a pedestrian path on that takes you over all the motorways then its a left at the Hilton .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #1570 on: May 19, 2019, 11:44:21 am »
Received 7 tickets but only 5 travel passes

Did you contact the club? One short on our travel passes too

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: May 19, 2019, 11:51:24 am »
I had been casually seeing this slightly crazy Tinder girl who works with various kids brands. Had been jokingly telling her to beg her suppliers for a ticket. I then stopped replying to her as she was just a bit annoying. Turns out she’s now got two flights, hotel and tickets via PlayStation and is taking her dad.

For fucks sake. It’s sickening how those in the right jobs could snap their fingers and get a ticket whilst plenty regulars miss out.

Actually losing sleep over 1 of our 3 probably missing out. Feel awful for those in bigger groups with 1 ticket to share between them all.
YNWA.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1572 on: May 19, 2019, 01:26:43 pm »
Just seen on website calling all those on waiting list from 233  tomorrow morning,till sold out

From what I remember them saying from last year the club will only ring once and if they don't get through they move onto the next number on the waiting list. So if you're 233 and onwards make sure your phone is next to you, you can hear it and you can answer it.

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1573 on: May 19, 2019, 01:30:24 pm »
From what I remember them saying from last year the club will only ring once and if they don't get through they move onto the next number on the waiting list. So if you're 233 and onwards make sure your phone is next to you, you can hear it and you can answer it.

Fingers crossed that 10,751 people don't answer!
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: May 19, 2019, 01:31:17 pm »
No specific details this time, would feel for those who miss the call for whatever reason

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #1575 on: May 19, 2019, 01:36:07 pm »
Found a route that only consists of three roads a footbridge and a bridge for cars with a pedestrian path on that takes you over all the motorways then its a left at the Hilton .

Can you post on here?
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1576 on: May 19, 2019, 01:55:55 pm »
If you're going to the stadium from the fanpark square (Felipe 2) it's fairly easy - on Red line 2 straight from Goya near square to Rosas. But, if you're in town centre part of Red line is closed temporarily, including Sol.......instead it starts at Retiro station going towards stadium. You can get other lines like Green line 5 and change for Red line at Ventas - but, I think the Spurs fans have been advised to use line 5.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1577 on: May 19, 2019, 04:22:40 pm »
For anyone who has been before or knows Madrid, if, and it's a big if, there is no big screen at our fan park, where is the best area to get to to make sure you get to see the match in Madrid?
No point in going to the fan park if you can't see the game as there will be a mad exodus later in the afternoon to try and find bars showing the game and there doesn't look to be many places like this around our fan park area.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1578 on: May 19, 2019, 05:36:06 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/350697-champions-league-final-live-screening-details-confirmed

Screenings in Liverpool for the final. Priority for those who missed out in the ballot.

Offline redmanraj

• Main Stander
« Reply #1579 on: May 19, 2019, 05:36:16 pm »
For anyone who has been before or knows Madrid, if, and it's a big if, there is no big screen at our fan park, where is the best area to get to to make sure you get to see the match in Madrid?
No point in going to the fan park if you can't see the game as there will be a mad exodus later in the afternoon to try and find bars showing the game and there doesn't look to be many places like this around our fan park area.

The Irish Rover and The James Joyce are probably the best well known Irish pubs in the city and are busy, noisy and rowdy, usually just how footies like to watch their games. Other notable Irish pubs include: Larry’s, Molly Malone’s, Moore’s & Co, O’Connell St, O’Connors, O’Neills, Public House, St. Patrick’s Abbey, The Celtic Cross, The Quiet Man, and the Triskel Tavern.

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1580 on: May 19, 2019, 05:48:15 pm »
https://www.theirishrover.com/deportes.php

http://obrianmadrid.es/sports-bar/#calendarioeventos

Some places will allow you to book a table ahead.  Can be a good idea to do this otherwise you may need to get in a bar up to 3 hours before kick off to get a decent spec (even standing sometimes)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: May 19, 2019, 05:50:29 pm »
I'd personally swerve the Irish bars unless they're ticketed and you get one beforehand. There's plenty of them but the main ones like the James Joyce and Dubliners are relatively small for sports bars and they'll be heaving. I'd either head to Malasaña where virtually every building is a bar and you're guaranteed a piss up, or just go off the centre somewhere.

Never really came across any massive sports bars in Madrid but everywhere will have it on so you'll be fine wherever you end up, to be fair. The only downside with the very centre, around Sol, is that if there is a non screen situation there'll be loads of spurs fans about there too.

The Triskel Tavern in Malasaña has an official branch of the supporters club. There's a downstairs that you had to be a member to get in last year (presume it'll be the same this year) but I went in when it opened and managed to get an alright enough spot upstairs with plenty of singing. You don't get a massive screen but it's a good atmosphere. Plus if you don't fancy it there's loads of other bars right there you could fall into instead.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:54:08 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1582 on: May 19, 2019, 06:23:31 pm »
I've got two flights if anyone wants to buy them:

30th May from Manchester to Alicante via Amsterdam 13.45pm £173.70

2nd June from Alicante to Leeds Bradford 13.30pm £442.77

Just pm me

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1583 on: May 19, 2019, 07:16:38 pm »
I have just spoke with Triskel Tavern and they said the Madrid reds are talking to lots of bars to arrange fan zones with screenings. Will see
Allez Allez Allez

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: May 19, 2019, 08:32:01 pm »
The Irish Rover and The James Joyce are probably the best well known Irish pubs in the city and are busy, noisy and rowdy, usually just how footies like to watch their games. Other notable Irish pubs include: Larry’s, Molly Malone’s, Moore’s & Co, O’Connell St, O’Connors, O’Neills, Public House, St. Patrick’s Abbey, The Celtic Cross, The Quiet Man, and the Triskel Tavern.

Why would you fly to Spain and watch the game in an Irish pub?...you might as well stay at home...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: May 19, 2019, 09:13:48 pm »
Thomas Cook could be going into administration. Time to look for new routes
one positive here

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: May 19, 2019, 09:25:05 pm »
one positive here

Unless you’re booked to go with them eh!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: May 19, 2019, 09:41:52 pm »
Thomas Cook could be going into administration. Time to look for new routes

Someone mentioned the TC flights side of the business is doing fairly well and will probably be bought out in any case. Should be fine.
YNWA.

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1588 on: May 19, 2019, 10:18:38 pm »
been told by travel agents that there is no way TC go under before the match

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: May 19, 2019, 10:26:24 pm »
been told by travel agents that there is no way TC go under before the match

Ah well in that case...
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline KOP95

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1590 on: May 19, 2019, 10:37:02 pm »
I’ve heard a rumour UEFA are allocating a further 1200 to each club. Doesn’t sound true to be honest

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #1591 on: May 19, 2019, 10:42:15 pm »
For those asking about segregation in the ground from block and upper/lower tiers. If you go on the view guide of ground and go on back row of lower tier, you can turn around and clearly see the steps to upper. So as with most European grounds, its completely open to the separate tiers
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1592 on: May 19, 2019, 10:55:58 pm »
I’ve got a child’s ticket. Fles anyone know if it will have child written on it.  Might make it harder for me to get in

Surely it's just a bleep bleep and you are in.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: May 19, 2019, 11:08:22 pm »
I’ve got a child’s ticket. Fles anyone know if it will have child written on it.  Might make it harder for me to get in
Will only be problem if the person checking your ticket notices, doubtful they pay much attention to the finer details of the ticket

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1594 on: May 19, 2019, 11:28:12 pm »
I will be in Valencia on holiday and looking to get to Madrid on matchday and return in the morning after. I've got no ticket for match but it would be great to soak up the atmosphere. I read in here about coaches being organized from barca to Madrid for the final. Wondering if they are doing something similar from Valencia... any help much appreciated, as trains are sold out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1595 on: May 19, 2019, 11:55:34 pm »
I will be in Valencia on holiday and looking to get to Madrid on matchday and return in the morning after. I've got no ticket for match but it would be great to soak up the atmosphere. I read in here about coaches being organized from barca to Madrid for the final. Wondering if they are doing something similar from Valencia... any help much appreciated, as trains are sold out.

You can still get the train for £45 return. Omio.co.uk
Long live the King

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1596 on: May 20, 2019, 12:11:31 am »
Why would you fly to Spain and watch the game in an Irish pub?...you might as well stay at home...

Are you saying that no one should go without a ticket then?

Offline MakeUsDreamLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1597 on: May 20, 2019, 12:17:41 am »
You can still get the train for £45 return. Omio.co.uk
I guess you are referring to the one that leaves Valencia 6.30 am and takes almost 7 hours to get to Madrid. It doesn't work for me as I am looking to leave 9.30 earliest. There are much faster trains (1h40min journey) however they are fully booked.

Offline KM519

• Kopite
« Reply #1598 on: May 20, 2019, 07:20:57 am »
Anyone had their tickets turn up yet from the ballet sale?

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1599 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:11 am »
I’ve still got 2 flights available if anyone is interested or knows anyone who fancies going out to experience matchday and atmosphere

Out: fri 31st, Luton to Barcelona via Geneva leaves 1:30pm - arrived 8pm. £150

Return sun 2nd, Barcelona to Luton via Gdansk - leaves 22:15, arrives 07:55am Monday £145

Total cost £295 + £190 (£485) including name changes on the 4 flights but will cover most of the name change cost so total cost to you would be just £360

Plus You’ll have 24 hours to get from Barcelona to Madrid via bus £30 each way, train or car rental. And should have the full matchday soaking up the experience

Please PM me if interested
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!