Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 266639 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
I'll watch this in full later in the week but the opening shots of the clerics in the monastery is like the intro of a horror film where the Catholic Church is preparing to fight the Devil Incaranate, in all his pomp and glory.

Welcome to Anfield.

Plus the soundtrack when the buses arrive is a mish-mash of the Night King music from GoT and something out of JAWS.

They are really selling this great terror  :lmao.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
I still can't get over how good Wijnaldum was in this game. The Gini we bought from Newcastle and won an Erdevise with PSV was an attacking midfield force and he was supposed to be that for us. But when he arrived the attacking midfield position at the club were being excellently filled by Lallana and Phil. Then we bought Mo to create our Holy Trinity upfront and Trent and Robbo emerged and all of a sudden the need for an attacking midfield became a moot point. 

Gini to his credit found his role as a box to box shuffler, smartly winning, retaining possession and popping up for the odd clever goal. But he never really was the attacking midfield force we thought we purchased back in 2016... until this game. Until the exact moment we needed him the most, when there was none one else, he remembered the player he was for Newcastle and PSV when everybody else had forgotten. For 45 minutes he became a world class attacking midfield once more and the rest is history.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If I was the Barcelona manager I'd have benched Alba at half-time. 3-1 up on aggregate with 45 mins to go and he's bawling his eyes out? He wasn't up for the fight.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
I still can't get over how good Wijnaldum was in this game. The Gini we bought from Newcastle and won an Erdevise with PSV was an attacking midfield force and he was supposed to be that for us. But when he arrived the attacking midfield position at the club were being excellently filled by Lallana and Phil. Then we bought Mo to create our Holy Trinity upfront and Trent and Robbo emerged and all of a sudden the need for an attacking midfield became a moot point. 

Gini to his credit found his role as a box to box shuffler, smartly winning, retaining possession and popping up for the odd clever goal. But he never really was the attacking midfield force we thought we purchased back in 2016... until this game. Until the exact moment we needed him the most, when there was none one else, he remembered the player he was for Newcastle and PSV when everybody else had forgotten. For 45 minutes he became a world class attacking midfield once more and the rest is history.

He's still an attacking force for his national team. He seems to be banging in the goals whenever I check their scores or watch them play.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If I was the Barcelona manager I'd have benched Alba at half-time. 3-1 up on aggregate with 45 mins to go and he's bawling his eyes out? He wasn't up for the fight.

He's a little shithouse. Always despised the runt. That scene only served to compound my views of him.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan

To be fair to Wijnaldum, Klopp bought him to do exactly what he does. He was never going to be an AM for us, it was always our intention to use him deeper. Just fantastic recruitment really to know that his skills would translate.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Plus the soundtrack when the buses arrive is a mish-mash of the Night King music from GoT and something out of JAWS.

They are really selling this great terror  :lmao.

I'll probably watch it tonight but it sounds so scary I may give it a miss.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
MATCHDAY: Inside FC Barcelona, Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bgk2-Vlx6Fb3sM4V-oDC2rnyoaOtnHF9/view

The first 30mins of this episode is heaven for any LFC supporter, enjoy. ;D
This still works for me by the way.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And it's still fun to watch.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Malkovich sounded like a guy doing a Malkovich impression. I loved the little slo mos to emphasise that we somehow were really dirty.

Incredible to see how much we broke them and how important the fans are on those big nights. They were 3-0 down mentally at half time.

Also, despite being the GOAT, Messi’s team talks are pretty uninspiring.

He's captain because he's Messi, he never comes across as a 'personality' if you know what I mean. He is what he is. End of the game he just trudged off without the good grace to shake anyones hand as well. Greatest player in the world, but he's never come across as anything but a bit of a characterless, petulant dick.

Problem is though, because he's Messi, do Barca have other players who will stand above him and be the leader a team needs at a moment like this? 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's captain because he's Messi, he never comes across as a 'personality' if you know what I mean. He is what he is. End of the game he just trudged off without the good grace to shake anyones hand as well. Greatest player in the world, but he's never come across as anything but a bit of a characterless, petulant dick.

Problem is though, because he's Messi, do Barca have other players who will stand above him and be the leader a team needs at a moment like this? 

Can’t imagine any of their players wanted to exchange handshakes at the end of that game. :D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Can’t imagine any of their players wanted to exchange handshakes at the end of that game. :D

So none of them did? I know that isn't true, as I saw some of them, so you don't have to back up that comment  :P

Not sure I've ever seen a whole team walk off at a final whistle and not one of them shake hands. And one player who should show even a tiny bit of class in that situation is the captain.  But Messi has never been one to show class. Greatest talent the world has know, but hard to like cos he's just a wanker with the personality of a pebble, that's always been my view on him though  ;D 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m sure several “did” but I was saying that I’m sure no one really “wanted” to. That’s such a devastating loss.

And yes I agree - Messi - because he rarely is on the losing side in club competitions - is definitely a poor loser when things go the other way 

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)

What a find!
Thanks mate!

I've only been able to watch the first 12 mins but so so gripping - I have to do somat else is the only reason i can't continue watching right now.
Very, very watchable - testament to how well it was put together, regardless of the final game result.

Feel sorry for Phil Coutinho in that opening shot. He looks like he's aged 15 years and is wearing a light brown toupee. And that's before the match! (I think) Although based on his ageing I wouldn't be surprised if that was taken after the game hahaha

So proud to be a Red! YNWA.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Meh not personally arsed that he didn't shake hands, hell I don't shake hands when I lose a five a five side , let a lone losing a game of that magnitude by such a margin.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Think that's a bit harsh.
He probably just is a bit introverted.
Not all football genius' can be life n soul of the party too.
The opposite would be Balotelli..

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan

"Son of a mother"  Shakira made me smile.

Thanks for posting that mate.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
We really did break them didnt we. It just took less time for Alba than the rest.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

• Legacy Fan

I've been looking forward to this but it seems disabled now.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've been looking forward to this but it seems disabled now.

Still working for me. Try another browser maybe?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
incredible documentary, thanks for sharing...

you could feel the fear...

goosebumps again and again!

• Legacy Fan
Still working for me. Try another browser maybe?

I'm just going out whilst the sun is sorta shining and will give it a try when I'm back.

Thanks.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
It’s clear from that documentary that it wasn’t us that broke them, it was Roma. They convinced themselves they we’re going to lose before they even got to Anfield.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Inside Barca is a good watch. It looks like the slow walk to the gallows when they leave the dressing room after 1/2 time. Never underestimate what Anfield does to the opposition on nights like that.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
In that programme they talk about the dangers of not being alert.  Yet they managed to switch off completely for the fourth goal. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s clear from that documentary that it wasn’t us that broke them, it was Roma. They convinced themselves they we’re going to lose before they even got to Anfield.

Nah we broke them. They thought Roma was a one off.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Nah we broke them. They thought Roma was a one off.  ;D

Cumulative effect.  You can see from the documentary that Roma was preying on their minds; it's why Messi was gutted they never got a fourth at the Camp Nou. 

They might have actually done better against us with just a 2 goal lead.  I think that number three really lodged in the brain and made them paranoid.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Inside Barca is a good watch. It looks like the slow walk to the gallows when they leave the dressing room after 1/2 time. Never underestimate what Anfield does to the opposition on nights like that.

im shaking only watching it on my laptop,....

there is something about Anfield... the aura... magical

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It was noticeable that they were hoping we'd run out of energy in the second half. They really had problems with our fitness and intensity. I think when the second went in, it wasn't just Rome haunting them; it was the realisation that they had nothing left to give and therefore couldn't turn it around.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan

Thanks for that, excellent watch.

Amazing how everybody outside of Barca think its all a formality for them, yet their players and fans were terrified of coming to Anfield.
Alba crying at half time WTF

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan

No, it wasn't Roma because they would have had flashbacks and crumbled when we scored early doors, they didnt. They actually played well for the rest of the first half and due to some great defending and Alisson in goal we did well to get to half time at 1-0. We then upped our tempo and intensity in the second half and they couldnt cope it was only when we got to 3-0 that the scars of Roma kicked in and they knew they were done. It was just a matter of time for the Liverpool players and Barca that we were going to get the 4th.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
The only thing this game was missing was Origi trotting over to Messi and asking if he minded asking Coutinho if he wanted to swap shirts.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
It was noticeable that they were hoping we'd run out of energy in the second half. They really had problems with our fitness and intensity. I think when the second went in, it wasn't just Rome haunting them; it was the realisation that they had nothing left to give and therefore couldn't turn it around.

Trent's quick thinking corner crushed them.
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...

I have kind of a feeling that the mental side of the game is not Barcelona's strong side. As others have pointed out they went into the game with the totally wrong attitude (as far as we can tell from what is shown in that documentary). They seemed too focused on what happened against Roma with the best example being Messi's words before going out for the first half. Of course people talked about it, but it would have been the manager's and staff's job to focus on something else like how strong they are or how well they did in the first leg. Instead they seemed to try and use the memory of Roma to kind of spur them on. That was never going to happen.

And I hope we never do anything like that. It doesn't really serve a purpose in my view...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Yeah.. you watch that programme by barca...

Almost the last thing that is said as they leave the dressing room is by Messi.  He tells them to remember Roma and not make the same mistake again.

The message of a colossal fuck up probably isn’t the thing you need to hear just before going out and having to avoid another colossal fuck up....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I would hate for us to have the same kind of arrogance and self entitlement that the likes of City and Barcelona exhibit. Maybe it's a cultural difference, but if Henderson gave a speech at the start of the season about bringing the title or CL home I think I'd cringe.

Save the speeches till the end of the season.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
I would hate for us to have the same kind of arrogance and self entitlement that the likes of City and Barcelona exhibit. Maybe it's a cultural difference, but if Henderson gave a speech at the start of the season about bringing the title or CL home I think I'd cringe.

Just watched that video. Arrogance and entitlement are exactly the words to sum them up.

They put the defeat at Anfield solely down to them, their mental attitude, their errors, their inability to score. They expected to win, but they didn't expect to come up a team like Liverpool, who even without Firmino and Salah, were more than a match for them.

I'm sure Klopp and Henderson never talk to the team about going in and expecting to win a game like Messi and their coach did - turn up, don't their it away and we'll be too good.

We lost a final to Real, and look how we bounced back. Look where we are now at the top of the world. Such a contrast between the two clubs.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Yeah. They're relatively late comers to the title of European Royalty, but the title was well earned. What annoys me is their attitude that only they are deserving of it.

We humbled them but they still lack respect. They say the words but you can tell they don't believe it, just spouting platitudes. They tell themselves we won because they played badly, not because we played well. The idea they could be upstaged and that another team could want it more than them is too much to handle.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2020, 12:54:10 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That arrogance extends to almost everything they do - for example the open tapping up of players they want by their own current players is ridiculous.