Author Topic: SL SF: Barça 3 vs Liverpool 0 ‘25 Suarez ‘74 ‘81 Messi  (Read 95802 times)

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: SL SF: Barça 3 vs Liverpool 0 ‘25 Suarez ‘74 ‘81 Messi
« Reply #1880 on: May 4, 2019, 12:36:39 pm »
They play in front of 99,000!!! Prepare your lad for disappointment.

Anfield and Camp Nou don’t even come close to each other on a European night. Have you even been to either!?

99k or not, their atmosphere is shockingly bad. They have a few ultras behind goal nord, but the fans in the ground are neither loud or passionate.

Anfield on a big European night is something else, the noise and passion from the fans will put Barca’s ground and fans to shame.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1881 on: May 4, 2019, 12:41:16 pm »
Anfield and Camp Nou don’t even come close to each other on a European night. Have you even been to either!?

99k or not, their atmosphere is shockingly bad. They have a few ultras behind goal nord, but the fans in the ground are neither loud or passionate.

Anfield on a big European night is something else, the noise and passion from the fans will put Barca’s ground and fans to shame.

I've been there twice, it's like going to the theatre.

If we get the atmosphere right on Tuesday, they will be playing with nerves. As world class players they can probably handle those nerves but we still have to do all we can.

Plenty of players have wilted there.
JFT97

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1882 on: May 4, 2019, 01:09:19 pm »
We were just as good as Barca but they were lucky. Messis first goal that shot could have gone over instead of hitting the bar back to Messi and the freekick was unlucky deflection of Gomez. To turn this around we need the same luck scoring goals next game and good game from Alisson.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #1883 on: May 4, 2019, 01:28:23 pm »
We were just as good as Barca but they were lucky. Messis first goal that shot could have gone over instead of hitting the bar back to Messi and the freekick was unlucky deflection of Gomez. To turn this around we need the same luck scoring goals next game and good game from Alisson.
I dunno. They played well up to the goal. I've watched them a lot this season and they have been happy to sit back in games and wait their chance.

The change in the second half in moving Vidal over to the left allowed them to take back control and they scored twice from that.

They were worried about our transition no doubt, as it's probably the best I've ever seen. I felt they were happy not to even try and play for long periods.

If it was me I would play Dembele and Messi up front and play over the top in the next game. They need pace to keep us from overwhelming them.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1884 on: May 4, 2019, 01:34:19 pm »
Yes, I remember 1989. I was in the Kop for the final game of the season against Arsenal. All we had to do to lift the title was not lose 0-2. We lost 0-2. We never recovered.

Oh, hang on, we won the title in 1990.

This club is made of stern stuff. Whatever happens, we will be back next season, stronger than ever...
was there too in the kop on that hot  Friday night at the end of May.  Really fucking hurt that one, even more than this one might hurt. Yes we won the later but if you  take the next 29 years as an example, we never  really recovered  or in my view we never did enough to get back to that level. In my eyes the 1990 team was still blessed with talent, experience & know how, it  just  seemed like the end of that  great era (1980's)  and we never re cultivated the team for a long  long time.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1885 on: May 4, 2019, 02:45:03 pm »

If we get the atmosphere right on Tuesday, they will be playing with nerves. As world class players they can probably handle those nerves but we still have to do all we can.

True.

Its not just the crowd v Barcelona  though (making it a cauldron of intensity and absolute hell to play in).

There is also the interaction, energy, and spark between our players and our supporters (much stronger, meaningful and full of competitive fuel rather than the negative energy between opponents/wilting).

The latter feeds off of one another, ratcheting up the intensity, stoking the embers creating the flame for a memorable Anfield night.  If our players feel it, then the opponents will get a double dose.  And then we pounce, calling out shithouse delay tactics, professional fouls, forcing the referee to corroborate what we already know. 

This is going to be one helluva a night.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1886 on: May 4, 2019, 03:25:02 pm »
Barca my  second favourite team, but  there is something that stuck in my craw the other night, would love to send  these packing, and yes call me out if you want but i hope to fucking  god that Suarez and Coutinho get lynched.  Arrogant little fuckers the pair of them.

Suarez is a twat. Always has been. Since he left us, you can kind of see why we attracted so much derision from the wider footballing community for defending him when he played for us. As for Coutinho, I always had the feeling he'd happily leave us if an offer came in from Spain, so fuck him and all

I don't know what draws you to Barca though. I can't fucking stand them or the whiter than white image they try to portray. They're just as slimey as their chums from Madrid. I'll fucking bust a load all over my TV screen if we knock these c*nts out Tuesday
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1887 on: May 4, 2019, 03:28:03 pm »
Agree with this, we’d most likely fold the next day.

Dunno about club but I would
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1888 on: May 4, 2019, 03:31:32 pm »
As for Klopp resting players if City drop points, nah fuck that! We should go all out to turn this tie around

Even if it goes to extra time, we still have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to recover

Plus, if the title is in our hands going into the Wolves game then Anfield will be bouncing. Wolves will wilt

Opportunities to win the League and Champions League are few and far between. We should absolutely go for both! 

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1889 on: May 4, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »
Plently of time to rest when you're dead

or, for these footballers,

pull your tripe out for last two games (or 3), you've got 2 months off work (or 6 weeks)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: May 4, 2019, 04:10:52 pm »
Suarez is a twat. Always has been. Since he left us, you can kind of see why we attracted so much derision from the wider footballing community for defending him when he played for us.

Are you kidding?! Suarez gave absolutely everything when he was on the pitch for us, and yes he's a pain in the arse to play against but only because he does the same thing for his current club. There are very few players in this club's history that cared as much about getting a result as he did. He was right up there with the likes of Gerrard and Carragher in his determination to get three points for Liverpool.

We defended the Evra incident because we believed Evra had misinterpreted (or lied about) what had happened. So did the Spanish speaking expert that the FA employed but chose to ignore. I couldn't care less about fans of other clubs and their derision, they used to deride us when we told the truth about Hillsborough, their opinions mean nothing.

I'm not into this re-writing of history because we lost a game in which Suarez played his heart out for the opposition. If we had a player with his attitude in our current team it would probably be the difference between us finishing as runners-up and winning a trophy.

"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1891 on: May 4, 2019, 04:28:44 pm »
If we had a player with his attitude in our current team it would probably be the difference between us finishing as runners-up and winning a trophy.

What utter bollocks and completely disrespectful to this group of players who have fought for everything this season. 

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #1892 on: May 4, 2019, 04:45:09 pm »
I believe we will get through.

you might think I am completely mad, but I am sure we will go to the final.

That's it, I have said it.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: May 4, 2019, 04:45:20 pm »

They've wilted in front of proper atmospheres numerous times in the CL. Let's add them to our kill list.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1894 on: May 4, 2019, 04:49:07 pm »
Are you kidding?! Suarez gave absolutely everything when he was on the pitch for us, and yes he's a pain in the arse to play against but only because he does the same thing for his current club. There are very few players in this club's history that cared as much about getting a result as he did. He was right up there with the likes of Gerrard and Carragher in his determination to get three points for Liverpool.

We defended the Evra incident because we believed Evra had misinterpreted (or lied about) what had happened. So did the Spanish speaking expert that the FA employed but chose to ignore. I couldn't care less about fans of other clubs and their derision, they used to deride us when we told the truth about Hillsborough, their opinions mean nothing.

I'm not into this re-writing of history because we lost a game in which Suarez played his heart out for the opposition. If we had a player with his attitude in our current team it would probably be the difference between us finishing as runners-up and winning a trophy.

I'm not re-writing any history lad. I never questioned his commitment or determination.

I was referring to his track record of misconduct, cheating and gamesmanship. Which, lets face it, he has kind of become known for

By the way, if we finish runners up this year, it wont be because we're short on players like Suarez

To even suggest that is a bit stupid

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: May 4, 2019, 04:58:52 pm »
I am pretty certain we finished runners up with Suarez as well.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: May 4, 2019, 05:05:02 pm »
Hope the Barca bus gets the reception it deserves

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1897 on: May 4, 2019, 05:09:52 pm »
Hope the Barca bus gets the reception it deserves

We need to get behind our own team, bugger Barcelona.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1898 on: May 4, 2019, 05:30:44 pm »
We need to get behind our own team, bugger Barcelona.
Agree. We need to concentrate on ourselves and our own lads. Also, we don't need to give any clown the chance to ruin our reputation yet again and have the narrative centre on off the field issues. We need all the focus to be positive. All the focus to be on us. Get in the ground and scare the shit out of them from start to finish.

Forget the Barcelona bus. This is all about us.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1899 on: May 4, 2019, 05:38:49 pm »

If we fail to beat Wolves at home to win the title on the last day, the club may well never recover. Not in my lifetime.

You may as well go and start supporting city then  ::)

Last day of the season is irrelevant anyway if we don't beat Newcastle today.

We've known for ages that we could win all our remaining games and still not be champions.
Also that there was only a small chance that city - based on their squad and form - will drop points.

However ... IF ... Leicester get anything out of their game against city then make no mistake - we'll be ready to capitalise in the Wolves game.  This team has come a long, long way since Klopp took over and I've seen enough last season and this (inc. last wed vs Barca) to tell me that we're ready to deal with that scenario.  Not sure that some of our fans are though...
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1900 on: May 4, 2019, 05:44:09 pm »
Of course we should give the Barca coach a big welcome.
Respectfully in their fucking faces please.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: May 4, 2019, 05:53:46 pm »

Can see where you are coming from,yes he gave his all every game but to compare h in to Gerrard and carragher is hugely disrespectful to two absolute legends of the club.   Me, I appreciated him when he was here but for fuck sake his behavior over the arsenal saga was embarrassing and he was instrumental in engineering that by all accounts, yes he gives his all but fuck all loyalty from him he wanted out after 18 months ffs
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: May 4, 2019, 05:56:28 pm »
Barca my  second favourite team, but  there is something that stuck in my craw the other night, would love to send  these packing, and yes call me out if you want but i hope to fucking  god that Suarez and Coutinho get lynched.  Arrogant little fuckers the pair of them.  Lets see how Coutinho's back has healed with some really hard challenges. Any chance Fabinho can put his country allegiance aside and wallop the little shit nice and early. As for Suarez, loved him, i really did but  now its time to exorcise his ghost.  Time for Salah to upstage him with his serenity and clam demeanour literally a battle between good and bad.
Why do you need a second favourite team. Not being funny, just curious..

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: May 4, 2019, 06:03:20 pm »
Why do you need a second favourite team. Not being funny, just curious..
let's be clear. LFC has and always will be my oxygen. I don't NEED a second team at all. As you ask though, I   Spent some time out there years a go and simply used to go and watch them.  That's as far as it goes really, the fans are very proud of their team and club and hold them in the highest regard,they ignore the rest of Spain and do not care for the national team etc so being amongst them I found lots of similarities to us in the way we are.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: May 4, 2019, 06:26:45 pm »
Ok, well done on winning the Spanish League for the 25th time..

2-0 tonight for us,  City 1-1 with Leicester on Monday, 1-1 against Barcelona with a weakened team on Tuesday, 3-0 to us against Wolves next Sunday.

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND AGAIN

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1905 on: May 4, 2019, 06:28:32 pm »
A win against Barcelona no reason why we can't have beat them at Anfield.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #1906 on: May 4, 2019, 06:29:37 pm »
People still going on about this old news ?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1907 on: May 4, 2019, 06:30:51 pm »
4-1 to us tonight, City 1-1 with Leicester on Monday, 3-0 to us on Tuesday in 90 mins and beat the c*nts on peno's, steamroll Wolves on Sunday, win number 19, then all roads lead to Madrid for big ears number 6

That's how it's going to go down.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1908 on: May 4, 2019, 06:31:23 pm »
People still going on about this old news ?

Quite.