Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 914350 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #16200 on: February 25, 2020, 02:03:42 PM »

The moment when Ancelotti realises that if he is to achieve anything with the Ev, he's gonna have to pull his socks up (as his players clearly can't)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:05:33 PM by Ghost Town »
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Believer
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
Re: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)
« Reply #16201 on: February 25, 2020, 02:14:57 PM »
Come on City just give up now and lose v either United or Burnley. Then it’s on to win it at that shithole and truly make it the pit of misery
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • Believer
« Reply #16202 on: February 25, 2020, 04:01:58 PM »

The 4th official is the only one who knows what's going on there, he's pointing out the lack of sock to Ferguson and refusing to let go of the board so he can put the numbers in. Ferguson's probably too pissed to understand what's being said.

Offline daveypauly

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16203 on: February 25, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »
Holgate and Davies playing fucking Rock Paper Scissors in the background on the first one.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16204 on: February 25, 2020, 11:46:29 PM »
Holgate and Davies playing fucking Rock Paper Scissors in the background on the first one.

Ha ha - sorting out their holiday outfits

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #16205 on: February 25, 2020, 11:49:01 PM »
Dressing gown, Pimp suit, winkle pickers.
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #16206 on: February 26, 2020, 09:04:48 AM »
I’m thinking winning it at their joint might be just the final straw that lets them let go of the bitterness. The final humiliation, rock bottom. A place from which they can rebuild their identity around themselves rather than around us.

Kind of like Germany after WW1
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline an fear dearg

• Kopite
« Reply #16207 on: February 26, 2020, 09:26:32 AM »

Seriously that is fucking mental....’I’m not going on, you are’....’rock, paper, scissors...it decides’

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #16208 on: February 26, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »

Well that did go well after all...

Offline jacobs chains

• Main Stander
  • Rarely rattled
« Reply #16209 on: February 26, 2020, 12:34:06 PM »
I’m thinking winning it at their joint might be just the final straw that lets them let go of the bitterness. The final humiliation, rock bottom. A place from which they can rebuild their identity around themselves rather than around us.

Following on with your train of thought leads me to think of a load of blues marching over the park and claim Anfield as part of their ancestral homeland.

I'm sure it's crossed a few of their minds over the years.

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor!
  • Believer
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16210 on: February 26, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »
Following on with your train of thought leads me to think of a load of blues marching over the park and claim Anfield as part of their ancestral homeland.

I'm sure it's crossed a few of their minds over the years.
An(field)schluss? Lebooooonsraum?
"So that is where you'll find me; in the dust and the desolation, the gaps and the ghost towns. The eerie empty places and lost turns of the world"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16211 on: February 26, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »

Did you mean ww2 there, as the level of bitterness in the years following the first world war was one of the contributing factors in the eventual rise of the nazis as no germans liked the treaty of versailles.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • Believer
« Reply #16212 on: February 26, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »
An(field)schluss? Lebooooonsraum?

Operation Barboooorossa.

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16213 on: February 26, 2020, 04:04:30 PM »
As much as I want us to win it at Anfield, winning it there would be a great fucking laugh. It might actually be good for Everton, the ground could get burned down, which in turn would force them to move to a new home somewhere.
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline jacobs chains

• Main Stander
  • Rarely rattled
« Reply #16214 on: February 26, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »
I honestly think us winning the league will be good for them in the long run. Cathartic even. We win the league (and maybe even the Champions League) and that's it. The worst thing that could happen has happened. They can stop worrying about us and get on with their own life.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16215 on: February 26, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »
The worst thing has happened to them, we exist.  ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16216 on: February 26, 2020, 04:28:00 PM »

Fucking hell, they actually are as well, that is mental! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16218 on: February 26, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »
I honestly think us winning the league will be good for them in the long run. Cathartic even. We win the league (and maybe even the Champions League) and that's it. The worst thing that could happen has happened. They can stop worrying about us and get on with their own life.

If we were talking about a sane fanbase then this theory would certainly have legs.

Something that often cripples human beings is fear. So long as the fear is there, so is the inhibition. But once everything you feared all your life actually happens, and you see that the world hasn't ended and you are still there, just like you were the day before, it can actually be incredibly liberating.

The shite have seen pretty much every nightmare of theirs come true. Liverpool, now champions-in-waiting in England, champions of Europe and champions of the World. Three European finals in three seasons with the potential of a fourth. It's no flash in the pan and they know it now.

Winning it at their place (although I'd rather do it at ours) would be the icing on the cake. A sane fanbase would call it quits on the madness of obsessing over us at that point ... but this is Everton...
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16219 on: February 26, 2020, 04:58:24 PM »

The ultimate, focused professionals.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16220 on: February 26, 2020, 08:12:38 PM »
If we were talking about a sane fanbase then this theory would certainly have legs.

Something that often cripples human beings is fear. So long as the fear is there, so is the inhibition. But once everything you feared all your life actually happens, and you see that the world hasn't ended and you are still there, just like you were the day before, it can actually be incredibly liberating.

The shite have seen pretty much every nightmare of theirs come true. Liverpool, now champions-in-waiting in England, champions of Europe and champions of the World. Three European finals in three seasons with the potential of a fourth. It's no flash in the pan and they know it now.

Winning it at their place (although I'd rather do it at ours) would be the icing on the cake. A sane fanbase would call it quits on the madness of obsessing over us at that point ... but this is Everton...

On the subject of their insanity, just got linked this by a friend:

https://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/msg/1582578918.html

If they can win the league, we should leave all our seats empty so from international tv standpoint looks like nobody cares. Also we could make some mad flags of people like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris etc and stretch them out over the empty seats so all the pictures are spoiled and can’t really be used in future years

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • Believer
« Reply #16221 on: February 26, 2020, 08:53:35 PM »

If people like him want to waste their money on producing banners that celebrate the likes of Saville then that’s up to them.  I doubt the club will go for it mind, and he’ll be stuck with a huge banner of a known offender in his garage that might take some explaining somewhere along the way.

I think it just shows up what kind of human being he is.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:09:41 PM by Kekule »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16222 on: February 26, 2020, 09:05:31 PM »
Crazy thing is that, footage would still be shown globally and used to mock everton rather than diminishing our victory, whereas they could gain more attention and goodwill globally if they reacted in a respectful manner, particularly given the context that many of their friends, neighbours and family would be celebrating the result.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16223 on: February 26, 2020, 09:26:20 PM »
Crazy thing is that, footage would still be shown globally and used to mock everton rather than diminishing our victory, whereas they could gain more attention and goodwill globally if they reacted in a respectful manner, particularly given the context that many of their friends, neighbours and family would be celebrating the result.
may even get some more fans!

Offline Something Worse

• Believer
« Reply #16224 on: February 26, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »

"Here's some classic footage of Everton showing solidarity with some of Britain's most notorious pedophiles."

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16225 on: February 26, 2020, 10:41:04 PM »

This touches on something I said last week before we played Atletico. Look at how they lost 2 finals to Real and either side of both of them, got knocked out in the quarters and semis. Even when you'd had the best run in your club history winning the title, winning the UEFA Cup a couple of times and a few more trophies, you'd be pretty gutted, but still the fans are happy with what they're doing because it's success nonetheless. Everton should aim for something similar even if it doesn't mean winning trophies.
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16226 on: February 26, 2020, 11:51:44 PM »

Classy bunch, as always.  ::)

You are correct there. Doing that kind of thing would out them as bitter weirdos to a global audience. All those outsiders who say to Reds, ''oh, they can't be that bad, surely'' when we tell them about the levels of BS bitterness would, all of a sudden, understand exactly what we meant.

A title win at their place would be a superb opportunity for them to finally show a bit of this class and dignity they never shut up about but never actually exhibit. They could earn themselves the type of plaudits we got and are still known for when we applauded both Leeds and Arsenal when they won the title at our place.

A title win for us across the park would be a genuine test of their true levels of class and dignity, but one I'm 99.9% certain they would fail miserably. In doing so they will also prove beyond doubt to the watching world just how sad, pathetic and bitter they really are.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16227 on: February 27, 2020, 12:06:03 AM »
This touches on something I said last week before we played Atletico. Look at how they lost 2 finals to Real and either side of both of them, got knocked out in the quarters and semis. Even when you'd had the best run in your club history winning the title, winning the UEFA Cup a couple of times and a few more trophies, you'd be pretty gutted, but still the fans are happy with what they're doing because it's success nonetheless. Everton should aim for something similar even if it doesn't mean winning trophies.
Yep. One of their biggest stumbling blocks is trying to match us. I mean why do they torture themselves like that? The best thing they could ever do is forget about Liverpool and learn to be Everton again. It's a big world out there if we are willing to open our eyes, and no one need be obsessed with their next door neighbour and centre their whole lives on them.

Everton need to work out who they are again, and no, just being the anti-Liverpool is not an identity of their own. All being the anti-Liverpool means is that we pretty much own them and the tune they dance to is ours. We basically lead them around like a cow with a ring through its nose. To be themselves and do their own thing, they first need to shake off the self-imposed shackles that are their Liverpool FC obsession. Atleti have done that in Madrid, but I suspect that they and their fanbase have much more backbone than our blue neighbours have.

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16228 on: February 27, 2020, 01:17:17 AM »

Everton need to work out who they are...

Scissors-paper-rock champions, for one...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck The Virus.
« Reply #16229 on: February 27, 2020, 01:25:12 AM »
Scissors-paper-rock champions, for one...

:D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #16230 on: February 27, 2020, 02:58:12 AM »
Did you mean ww2 there, as the level of bitterness in the years following the first world war was one of the contributing factors in the eventual rise of the nazis as no germans liked the treaty of versailles.

yeah, i meant ww1
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Believer
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #16231 on: February 27, 2020, 06:45:34 AM »

'I said this the other week - The leaving seats bit, not the pedo-banners but that IS a great idea!

A massive red banner with a silhouette of Klopp with 'FRITZL' underneath would be just lovely.'

That comment is from the same thread....hahaha its fuckin brilliant I hope they do that, I cant even figure out what the dig is there? They know Fritzl is Austrian right, I'm assuming the uneducated buffoon is trying to make the nationality link as I can't see anything else that fits?

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16232 on: February 27, 2020, 07:07:10 AM »
Mad ideas....

They’ll want to be the ones to beat us to stop us winning the league that day surely?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

With courage, nothing is impossible.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #16233 on: February 27, 2020, 07:53:19 AM »
They know fritzl is Austrian?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #16234 on: February 27, 2020, 07:57:58 AM »
They know fritzl is Austrian?

Like those Europe-haters know Austria is not Germany
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #16235 on: February 27, 2020, 09:41:12 AM »
Let's put banners of paedophiles and murderers all across our stadium, that'll show the red shite who's boss  :o :o :nirnir
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:26:23 AM by Alisson Wonderland »

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #16236 on: February 27, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »

I like this reply:

Is it not enough that the Everton players won't turn up?

Offline mickeydocs

• Believer
« Reply #16237 on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:36 AM »
Those visionaries on GOT were so correct in their reading of our debt and impending financial doom - how are we supposed to continue with a meagre £42m profit?
This club is greater than any one player.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats!
  • Believer
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #16238 on: February 27, 2020, 10:49:20 AM »
"Here's some classic footage of Everton showing solidarity with some of Britain's most notorious pedophiles."
;D
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16239 on: February 27, 2020, 11:36:21 AM »
Those visionaries on GOT were so correct in their reading of our debt and impending financial doom - how are we supposed to continue with a meagre £42m profit?
To be fair, the chief GOT accountant was SteveO and I think (strongly suspect) that he got banned because he was a secret RS.

But the Sixth Form Head Boy and Captain of the debating team, Catcher, is full-blown blue and he's offered some superb financial insight in the recent past.